IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We only know about 4; 2 of which we have addresses for. How is it possible they have served 8+/- without word getting out of where they were served? Seems like there should have been some news articles about (at least) a couple of them. That's a lot of people to be investigating plus all the subpoenas they have served. No wonder LE said it was complicated.

[FONT=&amp]Police carried out a search warrant Friday in the 5800 block of West 300 North in Delphi. It was one of about a dozen search warrants police have executed in the last month in connection with the investigation, Slocum said.[/FONT]

http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_ec3d146e-0b41-11e7-a17a-4392f7382ad6.html

Maybe someone can help me. I've been trying to find a link to where LE stated, paraphrasing, that at the point BG appears on video, things escalated quickly.

If someone comes across this, can you post a link here and in the media thread? TIA.

I remember threads ago someone suggesting the layers of clothing would be appropriate for someone who came from a colder area. Made sense to me, if he isn't local. But, I never thought he looked like a homeless person--he looks too clean. Thoughts?

I live in Michigan close to the Indiana border. The homeless men In my town leave the shelter and walk to the free food kitchen for breakfast. Then spend the day walking around. The shelter gives them free coats from Goodwill. The men seem to pick long heavy coats with hoods in the winter. They also carry their bedrolls with them. Just thinking his coat is
not the choice of a homeless person.

I live in Michigan close to the Indiana border. The homeless men In my town leave the shelter and walk to the free food kitchen for breakfast. Then spend the day walking around. The shelter gives them free coats from Goodwill. The men seem to pick long heavy coats with hoods in the winter. They also carry their bedrolls with them. Just thinking his coat is
not the choice of a homeless person.

JMO but it also appears he has a gun in his pocket. To keep a gun in good working order and purchase ammo for it is not inexpensive which also makes me think he is not homeless..JMO

Can someone remind me what the temps were that day? I keep reading that he was overdressed but thought it was in the 40's F. And bridges can be windy, thus colder. Was it warmer than I thought?

I checked........MON 2/13

Actual Temp
43° /27°

And we have to remember that the high of 43 was later in the day.

SW Michigan. Had an incident Sunday with two 12 year olds playing at an elementary school yard at 7:30 pm. A man, apx 50, approached them and asked if they knew how to fly a kite. They said yes. He asked them to come home with him and show him how to fly it. The girls did not go - unsure of specifics. He may have been driving a black truck. Wore jeans, dark coat and might have had a small dog.

[video=twitter;844544613616664576]https://twitter.com/ISPLafayette/status/844544613616664576[/video]

Sgt. Kim Riley‏@ISPLafayette 42m
42 minutes ago

Will be at the Command center for about 1 hr. Nothing new to report at this time. #delphigirls

Hmmm only one hr? I wonder what we can draw from this if anything? They don't need the publics help any longer?

Edit to add: sgt riley is head of media /public relations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm only one hr? I wonder what we can draw from this if anything? They don't need the publics help any longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "at this time" also gives me reason to hope... we really need some good news.

So if anyone sees Hispanic features they are biased against Hispanics? Sorry, I do not believe that.

I'm not looking at the pic and thinking what type person might commit such a horrible crime...I'm looking at the pic and seeing what I see.

I realize we all have prejudices but that isn't one of mine. Sorry I make anyone cringe but I still think the possibility exists. He is probably Caucasian but there is no way to be sure.

Most Hispanics are Caucasian. Hispanic is not a race; it's an ethnicity. And yes, for some of us, it's a little offensive to draw that conclusion from those blurry pictures. I'm not even sure what "Hispanic features" is supposed to mean. I live in South Texas and half my family is Hispanic and their physical features are as varied as any other group of people.

This says the search on the 14th was only resumed at around 11:45 AM, and they were discovered by 12:45 PM (when LE made an announcement bodies had been discovered and "it's not good"): http://www.theindychannel.com/news/timeline-13-year-old-girls-go-missing-bodies-found The search on this day also included a K-9 unit and divers.

But I'm not sure if "the search" here is only referring to officials, or if volunteers were out earlier than 11:45 AM.

Gosh I hope the search resumed earlier than 11:45 am.

Is discussing motive here against ToS because it may overflow onto the victims or family or friends?

IMO, we are spending way too much time on a grainy picture and crappy audio. One or two people out there are going to know this guy by those scraps given by LE. The rest of the world will not know this guy...even if passing on the street.

It is time we moved away from trying to figure out 'who' BG is and move towards 'why' BG is.

MOO

I really can't stay with this. I think many have gone off the rails. I just want the killer caught and don't want to spear anyone who is having a hard time. I want the killler found..........

Is discussing motive here against ToS because it may overflow onto the victims or family or friends?

IMO, we are spending way too much time on a grainy picture and crappy audio. One or two people out there are going to know this guy by those scraps given by LE. The rest of the world will not know this guy...even if passing on the street.

It is time we moved away from trying to figure out 'who' BG is and move towards 'why' BG is.

MOO

We can talk about motive, but we've tried to be delicate about the victimology in this case because they are children. We also can't sleuth their families. But you can definitely bring up what you think the motive is, within TOS.

Maybe someone can help me. I've been trying to find a link to where LE stated, paraphrasing, that at the point BG appears on video, things escalated quickly.

If someone comes across this, can you post a link here and in the media thread? TIA.

You mean this one?

PC 02-22-17 marker 30:19ff

[video=youtube;P1uSKrtYdDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1uSKrtYdDw[/video]

I really think they should cap the reward at this point. Maybe any extra money they bring in should just be given directly to the families. I know the community wants to help, but this ever-climbing reward doesn't seem to be getting LE any closer to solving the case. JMO

This says the search on the 14th was only resumed at around 11:45 AM, and they were discovered by 12:45 PM (when LE made an announcement bodies had been discovered and "it's not good"): http://www.theindychannel.com/news/timeline-13-year-old-girls-go-missing-bodies-found The search on this day also included a K-9 unit and divers.

But I'm not sure if "the search" here is only referring to officials, or if volunteers were out earlier than 11:45 AM.
I believe the daybreak term was used at the first news conference around midnight on 2/13 but I don't have a link so moo. There may also have been discussion on the scanner thread, which can't be discussed here, about when the formal search convened on 2/14. In my opinion, it was before 11:45. I do wonder if they did not start searching RL's property until that time, though. Moo.

This article references starting first thing in the morning:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-missing-after-being-dropped-off-to-go-hiking

"Crews searched for the missing teens into the night, but because of the dark, the search was slowed around midnight. Crews will regroup and continue their search efforts first thing in the morning."*

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

O/T Does everybody know you can set your phone to make an alert sound for Amber Alerts? My cell phone just made an alert sound, an Amber Alert in your area. I'm not that tech-savvy, have an old-school flip-phone, but I can do it so you can too! Please spread the word to all you know. When these things happen, we can ALL be watching!
O/T: Flint, Michigan area alert? If so, I read they were found!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

You mean this one?

PC 02-22-17 marker 30:19ff

[video=youtube;P1uSKrtYdDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1uSKrtYdDw[/video]

Wow, you're fast. Thanks.

Can anyone understand what the exact question is? I hate news conferences where they don't use mics or at least repeat the gist of the guestion.

No one can identify him, so something about him is not as he usually appears.

The suspect seems overdressed for the weather and for taking a casual afternoon walk. In fact, he looks like he has disguised himself in the photos. Is it possible that he first encountered the girls at the end of the bridge and saw that they were taking photos? Perhaps he walked past them and they first notice him. Did he then he put on an extra coat (over his hoodie), zip up the coat, pull his cap down, pull up his hoodie, and turn around to approach the girls? Is that why he caught the attention of the girls such that they took a photo of him? Did he do everything possible to obscure his appearance and voice knowing full well that the girls might be recording him?

Great observation! And...maybe he didn't want them to recognize him in case he failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mary0309