IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they would want to be more safe than sorry, as they've also appealed to the public to call in all tips, no matter how insignificant we may believe them to be. ANYTHING, that helps identify BG would've been left in the picture. MOO.
Thats fine. But I was asking, what do you think has been removed that has also taken away the shadow?

Really? So you are saying that someone who is just visiting the site cannot see all the photos we post?

Already answered sorry.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JMO
I believe there are different ways to manage photo attachments in posts.

One way is through a WS storage area where you can manage and attach photos and I believe that may be the ones people cannot view if not logged in.

The other way is you can point to a public storage area where the photo is located and I suspect those are the ones that people can view even if not logged in. Like storing a picture in photobucket application and then pointing to it.

Just a guess as to why some people may not be able to view some of them unless they log in.
Yes, I just went into a private browser (so it would definitely not remember me), and I could still see most photos, but not all.. I could see ones uploaded by people using 'tapatalk', and links.. and I could copy pic location and open in a browser.. but there were 3 that I couldn't open without logging in... so I guess it depends on how exactly the pics are uploaded. In any event it doesn't really matter, because there are thousands of WS members, and many of those are also on other forums and groups, so it's bound to happen that stuff from here gets posted to another place... however, it's just wrong to claim it as one's own creation! Wow!

IF it''s not continued again, we'll see if he receives a prison sentence to complete his probation + extra time for violations, OR added time and other punishments to probation and released.

Sch: for 3 pm (eastern)

So because I can't seriously look at that damn pic one more second, what info (if any) should we expect to come out of today's hearing for RL?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Any local Delphi members notice a news truck in the vicinity of wherever the 3:00 proceedings take place? Does RL have to be moved to a different location for this? Is he involved in the proceedings at all? Or is this just a lawyer- & judge meeting? ? TIA

JMO and I won't mention again....

I think this whole 'altered' BG photo is a red herring. Compressed video (especially in lower light) can look like this or worse. Don't forget your looking at a small crop with enlarged pixels. On top of that, it was probably very soft, so it was sharpened, which makes sharper details look even weirder (the foot, which was probably sharper because it had more direct light).

If interested, please take a look at this video. You'll see how distorted video can become from compression. Mind you, this video is displaying stages of re-compression, but the effect is the same: the more compressed, the more distorted the image will become...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=icruGcSsPp0

I'm more familiar with video than I've ever wanted to be, lol, but it pays my living.

IMO, the soft areas are just regions of very low compression (a frame can be compressed in regions, or 'slices'). More very boring info on the subject can be found here if you're interested in understanding what you're most likely seeing in these video stills:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_compression_picture_types

In particular, take a look at the Slices and Macroblocks section.

HTH! Whether I'm right or wrong isn't the point. I just want someone to have enough info to make an informed opinion.

Without getting too technical... There were probably elements from multiple pictures used to make one picture. I'm sure the young girl's hands were shaking while filming. There are either 24 or 30 frames(pictures) per second on an iPhone 5 video...for example(24 for low light)

In consecutive frames..there could be one part of BG clear and others blurry. And the next frame, the opposite could be true. They would combine those frames to make one sharp photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RL's court thing is at 3pm.. but is Delphi/Indiana time EST?

Delphi is est as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The periscope one cracked me up. :) I think they meant stethoscope.

-
However, but the fact that everyone sees something different (from Puppies to snakes, to periscopes) speaks to vagueness of the image and the different devices and systems on which it's viewed.

I think the image has limited value, and the wide perceptions of what is there, speaks to that.

-

They did because you could clearly see a red/orange tape across the door as it was hauled away on the flatbed tow.

I know the red crime scene barrier tape on RL's white truck was a few pages back, but the fact that it was red instead of yellow tape got me thinking. I recall seeing the red tape around RL's truck on MSM video the day the probable cause search warrant was executed. I researched red crime scene barrier tape versus yellow crime scene barrier tape and decided to post this link, although, it the research results yielded similar descriptions regardless of what LE or LE related source the info came from. LE was being very careful in using red tape, IMO. Glad they seem to have their ducks in serious order!

http://directives.chicagopolice.org/lt2015/data/a7a57be2-12946bda-6b312-9483-7cdab14bcdee3789.html

"C. A Bureau of Patrol supervisor assigned to oversee the preliminary investigation will normally remain on the scene and ensure that:
1. the crime scene area or location is secured, and:
a. yellow barrier tape is used to create an outer perimeter and staging area when determined appropriate.
b. red barrier tape is used to create an inner perimeter when determined appropriate.
c. crime scene evidence markers are used only when:
1. evidence may be lost, stolen, or damaged prior to the arrival of Forensic Services Division personnel, and
2. use of the crime scene evidence markers reduces the likelihood that the evidence will be lost, stolen, or damaged, and
3. an inner and outer perimeter is created by the use of red and yellow crime scene barrier tape, or
4. when directed by a supervisor."

Every time I get away from the computer for anytime and refresh it logs me out and I have to log back in. Yes, you can not see the images if you are not logged in.

When i login there is a, Remember me- that i click to stay logged in.

So have we ended up with Frankenstein? Is it a true representation? With the potato nose and any age from 20 to 77, a limping gate and no shadow it is certainly a nightmare. Why don't they show the proper moving image. It would make such a difference IMO.

Exactly! That's what I found and when they were put together there were a few gaps. I could see the gap in the face and closed it in the one photo and I believe it created a clearer picture of BG's face. Just mo though.

So have we ended up with Frankenstein? Is it a true representation? With the potato nose and any age from 20 to 77, a limping gate and no shadow it is certainly a nightmare. Why don't they show the proper moving image. It would make such a difference IMO.

I don't know if you meant that to be funny but I laughed till I cried and I still have tears and my abs (ahem, flabs) hurt! Maybe I just need to step away from the computer for awhile, ya think?

Don't forget the albino snake, plastic bag handle, smoke, design on the shirt thingamabob. :)

RL's court thing is at 3pm.. but is Delphi/Indiana time EST?
Delphi, Indiana is in the Eastern Time Zone. It is actually Daylight Saving Time (runs from March to November) rather than Standard Time (runs from November to March). It is 2:26pm EDT in Delphi as I type this.

Any local Delphi members notice a news truck in the vicinity of wherever the 3:00 proceedings take place? Does RL have to be moved to a different location for this? Is he involved in the proceedings at all? Or is this just a lawyer- & judge meeting? ? TIA

My opinion, RL won't be present in court today. His attorney will represent him.

Gitana, are you reading? Could you please give your opinion?

With Google...
Upper right corner of Google page, click "images"
then click the camera icon on the search bar
then paste your image URL

Thank you! It sounds straight forward so I will have to check that out. Have you or any others on here had this happen? Of course I am supposing yes? Does it happen very often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97