IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Websleuthers--

I have been following this thread since early on & have also read here in the past on various cases. However, I haven't posted before now. I just wanted to pipe up with some of my thoughts...I am no expert on anything crime-related, except I have been deceived by a "psychopath" for some years before I began figuring things out & basically moved/hid/etc to keep my family safe. On this topic, I can only reiterate what we know to be true--these kinds of very sick people are master manipulators...they get you because we don't expect humans to be so deceptive and cold, so cruel and perverse. In fact, it has been my experience that these types of people are very immature emotionally and get their rare feelings of pleasure from tricking others and marveling at their own brilliance in outwitting the innocent.

In this case, I did not suspect PO from early interviews, but after he was taken into custody for the probation violations I looked closer and found myself feeling relieved--as I think it likely that the perpetrator is off the streets. The interviews, lack of empathy, Freudian slips, clothing/build/voice similarities, LE's actions, all are compelling to me. But I think the most compelling thing for me in this case is probably the opportunity element. When you consider the small amount of time in which this crime was committed, combined with the location of the girls and their being found so quickly--a neighboring person fits very well, I think.

I think the reason for LE being so careful of their wording and everything else is because they want the death penalty in this case and they do no want to do anything to compromise that.

But I also think DNA evidence might not be as forthcoming in this case as we would wish. I don't like thinking about particulars of this or any crime, but I am wondering about DNA in the case of SA. (I do think SA almost certain in this case.) Is it unusual for there to be a lack of DNA evidence in such cases?

Thank you for listening to my ramblings.

Welcome :) looking forward to reading more of your posts.

My impression was it's a standard question before they viewed and listened to the video, and before the autopsies and preliminary testing on any CS. That's a guess but I'd think it may just be an early question to cover likely scenarios.

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on that.

( :websleuther: )
Margarita25 apologies not getting back with all... girlfriend in Indiana stated LE arrived, then left 44 minutes later. Then LE & state police were parked up and down '38' for 3 hours.
I haven't had time to look into this. Emergency with my two grandbabies came first. I'm all they have. I will ask my boss that is law enforcement to look into Kirklin and what really happened. Prayers and lots of love to all...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

http://www.lafayettepost11.org/index.php?id=102
If this is the same RL, then he belongs to the AL. It was only interesting to me because in the photo of the men kneeling, (under photos), they all seem to be carrying stuff under their windbreakers.

The rest of the photos of the men are at a graveside service, so I would advise no commenting out of respect.

I think Doug Carter is the head of ISP. My state's state police aren't called Troopers or Superintendent, but I believe he's Top Cop at ISP so this is a big deal to the Abby & Libby case, IMO.

I definitely agree, big deal. I'm glad the case seems to be in very good hands. IMO

Knowing when "down the hill" is so critical to the time line of events. That is a piece of information that I can't see compromising the investigation, and so LE could release, unless "down the hill" occurred much later on the 13th than at the initial encounter. I don't know if the media ever asked the time that "down the hill" occurred (LE knows for sure).

The most important thing to keep in mind is that Abby lived less than a mile from the South end of that bridge and Libby was familiar with the area as well.

Good thought I didn't even question when " down the hill" took place, I just assumed.

Knowing when "down the hill" is so critical to the time line of events. That is a piece of information that I can't see compromising the investigation, and so LE could release, unless "down the hill" occurred much later on the 13th than at the initial encounter. I don't know if the media ever asked the time that "down the hill" occurred (LE knows for sure).

The most important thing to keep in mind is that Abby lived less than a mile from the South end of that bridge and Libby was familiar with the area as well.

The LEAs who are charged with investigating this case must think it's a big deal. If they had run out of potential suspects who deserved a closer look or they ran out of leads I'm confident they would be actively seeking media help to get the word out. Feel free to disagree but they're the professionals and I trust in their abilities and commitment to solve these murders.

http://www.lafayettepost11.org/index.php?id=102
If this is the same RL, then he belongs to the AL. It was only interesting to me because in the photo of the men kneeling, (under photos), they all seem to be carrying stuff under their windbreakers.

The rest of the photos of the men are at a graveside service, so I would advise no commenting out of respect.

There are more than one RL, I believe, because people were looking at criminal records and some were the wrong RL.

...in reply to bemused, forgot to quote.:: Gotcha, I do believe he's in the photo though. I think he's kneeling to the far right (our right.). Regardless, what I foundinteresting was the bulk items in some of their jackets. What do they carry in there and why? BG did the same.

Would "not a suspect" not define as not suspected of said crime? I fail to see how it could be any clearer.

When the statement was qualified with "at this time" I think it means "at this time because we don't have all the pieces or we are not going to show all the cards until we're ready".

I am new here since this case and had seen something posted today about 2 registered SOs in my area (45 mins from Delphi area) and one looks just like BG . The article was posted by police how these two were at a park that is secluded in the woods somewhat and one who was at an Easter egg hunt. Can I post a link to their pictures or SO registry site???Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm new myself and don't want to lead you down the wrong path. Just bumping this to help you get a good response.By the way- - - - SOs at an Easter Egg hunt makes my blood pressure top out. WTH.

...in reply to bemused, forgot to quote.:: Gotcha, I do believe he's in the photo though. I think he's kneeling to the far right (our right.). Regardless, what I foundinteresting was the bulk items in some of their jackets. What do they carry in there and why? BG did the same.

Maybe Google? I have no idea.

Great catch. Quite interesting.

Would "not a suspect" not define as not suspected of said crime? I fail to see how it could be any clearer.

Well idk IMO there could be a number of reasons, like if their were two perps, you bag one too quickly the other runs, and that one is just as important. Or they aren't suspect " at this time" which I keep hearing. I can visualize a few scenarios where LE would refrain from calling someone a solid suspect until they feel it necessary or gather everything they need. But who really knows? All imo

When the statement was qualified with "at this time" I think it means "at this time because we don't have all the pieces or we are not going to show all the cards until we're ready".

Words definitions are fact. What one thinks they mean is fallacious. Definitions are not open to subjective interpretation.

In my mind, I try to lay out the scene after friends and family came to the area and started searching. It was still daylight. Did they notice cars parked on the way in? Did they happen to search near the cemetery that night?

It's a large area, but where everything supposedly happened, is not a huge distance apart.

I wonder if searchers heard anything amiss. I also wonder if BG was hiding out or perhaps even blended in and acted as if he was hiking the trails himself. So many questions how that part unfolded when it was still daylight and friends and family were looking and searching.

I'm a bit unsure about the video/audio Libby captured. I have an android phone so I don't know what it's like on iPhone but when I record on Snapchat I have to hold the video spot to record, when i lift my finger it stops and even if I hold it the whole time it just records a few seconds, stops and I must either save or send. I know most kids and folks who use Snapchat don't use the standard camera much any more. Since she was already using Snapchat it makes sense she would continue and her grandpa said she posted at 2:30. I feel like she may have captured BG instead of whoever was nearer to her because Abby was still on the bridge (the next second of the video may be him actually assaulting her) and she could video him without anyone else knowing because he had to look down. She had a quick opportunity and took it. I know they have more but I bet very little more.
I know it's possible she could have quickly taken the extra steps to pull up her regular video and put it in her pocket which would record longer, I guess until she stopped it. I hope she did.
A lot depends on what kind of phone Libby had. I know on my Samsung if I put my finger on the camera icon which is on the lock screen (no password) and swipe the camera comes up and it is one press to record. The iPhone is similar. But that doesn't mean that is what Libby did. It could very well be Snapchat and LE has less than what I hope they have which would be much more video/audio because the more they have the better the chance of having something useful to identify a suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3