IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This local is still worried. I do double takes with practically every man I see out and about. As I have stated before the picture of BG looks like every man from around here.

If I see men walking randomly down the road it freaks me out.

My daughter (mid elementary age) states quite often that she is (for a lack of a better term) worried about this guy, or that guy... Especially if they have a blue coat on.

The investigation has been so secretive at this point idk what to think.

He is obviously still out there, as they haven't named a suspect.

Connected, serial killer. Who knows... It could literally be anyone. And it is awful.

It is slowly getting better, but it will never be the same. Opened my eyes to the evil of the world.

I am sorry this has deeply affected your family, all of the community and indeed across the globe. We represent Libby and Abby's voice from the USA, UK, Germany, Sweden, Australia and Chile.

Prayers and good thoughts for your daughter, too. You may wish to read Protecting the Gift as recommended by Jim Clemente on Tricia''s podcast. I ordered several copies from Amazon for they are inexpensive.

Thank you Sir, I would also, in wishful thinking, like to believe they do know or are very close to being positive. Factually I only know as much as anyone else here based on LE statements. Thanks for responding!
Thank you for a logical retort to my previous statement.

The LEAs who are charged with investigating this case must think it's a big deal. If they had run out of potential suspects who deserved a closer look or they ran out of leads I'm confident they would be actively seeking media help to get the word out. Feel free to disagree but they're the professionals and I trust in their abilities and commitment to solve these murders.
The question I raise is why would the exact time that "down the hill" was spoken compromise the investigation? The billboards had on them that BG was last seen 2:30pm and that information came from the video Libby recorded. So, it is just another thing to keep in mind about the information LE has released versus what they haven't from the very same source material. In my opinion, the timing of speaking "down the hill" only has relevance in withholding if it did not occur in proximity to the time BG was captured visually in that same video.

I am not questioning whether or not the investigators working this case are capable.

For those of you who said BG sounds oddly familiar, I was watching the Walking Dead the other night with my husband and my eyes widened when I heard Daryl's voice. BG sounds like Daryl, y'all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OMG! I said that waaaay back, lol. I'm happy you heard it too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Unless there are people on both sides of you. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your point.

I was thinking han meant by dead ends of trail maybe? Only because it was brought to my attention earlier when questioning over whether the girls had a head start, what stalled them etc. I assumed the trail did not dead end there. I've looked at enough maps I should be sure by now. All IMO I can't answer for han that was what I gathered from it personally because I was curious earlier about it.

http://www.lafayettepost11.org/index.php?id=102
If this is the same RL, then he belongs to the AL. It was only interesting to me because in the photo of the men kneeling, (under photos), they all seem to be carrying stuff under their windbreakers.

The rest of the photos of the men are at a graveside service, so I would advise no commenting out of respect.

Awesome sleuthing Justcuriousmom!

Welcome to WS

This thread will be closed in about 5 minutes

The question I raise is why would the exact time that "down the hill" was spoken compromise the investigation? The billboards had on them that BG was last seen 2:30pm and that information came from the video Libby recorded. So, it is just another thing to keep in mind about the information LE has released versus what they haven't from the very same source material. In my opinion, the timing of speaking "down the hill" only has relevance in withholding if it did not occur in proximity to the time BG was captured visually in that same video.

I am not questioning whether or not the investigators working this case are capable.

Jethro, you're truly one of my favorite posters, but you keep questioning why something you deem wouldn't compromise the integrity of their case isn't released by LE. I'll say one last time: the LEOs must feel it's important not to or that they don't want to for some reason. An example may be because they don't consider it's any of the public's business.

It's certainly your right to question it, but why do you think they haven't released more than they have? I'd really like to get your opinion on that question.

Thank you for a logical retort to my previous statement.

Of course. I will always do my best. This is all for something bigger than us after all, yes? We've just got to stick together for the sake of these two girls. If we can do that, IMO we can do great things, who's to say we can't help solve it.

IMO, not the same RL
http://www.jconline.com/picture-gal...rans-day-observance-at-riehle-plaza/93648726/

FTR, I don't think they are carrying anything under their windbreakers. They are just all overweight men in the 70's who served our country. JMO

http://www.lafayettepost11.org/index.php?id=102
If this is the same RL, then he belongs to the AL. It was only interesting to me because in the photo of the men kneeling, (under photos), they all seem to be carrying stuff under their windbreakers.

The rest of the photos of the men are at a graveside service, so I would advise no commenting out of respect.

Words definitions are fact. What one thinks they mean is fallacious. Definitions are not open to subjective interpretation.
Lucky for you that you hadn't seen the Missy Bevers threads. In that case there are those members that argue a person's alibi was only corroborated by LE, not confirmed. Despite numerous attempts to point out exactly what corroborate means they will not budge on their opinion that those two words do not mean the same thing. It is one of the frustrating things that occurs here. I have learned to scroll and roll when I see it at play.

Ok Everyone,

Time to get some sleep. Thread will open in the morning.

G'night
Tricia

I have been looking at the photo again and I just don't see that as RL.

The picture is terrible but I don't see a 78 year old man that's for sure.

I still don't lean toward the girls being taken away in a car, simply because it would make little sense to risk returning them to the scene if you already left it home free.

I think pings around the city is likely explained by the girls phones hitting various towers depending on which side of the park they were in at the time.

I still think the most likely explanation is a local. To me it seems like this guy was likely familiar with the area, which lessened the girls possible advantage of knowing escape routes. If he was a local, even if they didn't know his name (my kids don't know a lot of names of other adults in the community, despite recognizing their faces), they might have felt uncomfortable but didn't expect they were in the extreme danger that they were.

Also, I have thought that even if someone was just speaking rudely to me as a teen, I might have popped on my phone (if it had been on at the time) so the person knew they'd be accountable for what they were saying and that I might show my parents etc. I can also see how if I did something like that, it could make a person who was already acting inappropriately rage.

Not saying this is what happened. It's just one of the things that goes through my head. I know SKs are real and they are never expected, but to me it seems more likely this hits closer to the community.

First time poster here. I started following this case because I strongly suspected a local person (about 45 minutes away from crimes) may be BG. I did offer up my tip. However, I have great faith LE has either cleared him (most likely) or will soon arrest him. I also think he may not fit the likely height range of BG. However, I have since followed this case strongly, and I discovered this amazing forum while trying to figure out who committed this unthinkable crime.

I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts. First…regarding RL. My theory regarding his unfortunate and thoughtless remark in the courtroom reminded me strongly of what I know about the early stages of dementia or cognitive decline that may be complicated by chronic alcohol use. I think the reasons his alibi or other stories to LE are possibly consistently inconsistent is a combination of general confusion of details coupled with a paranoia or defensivenessthat may occur with a cognitive unraveling. I think he has enough cognitive ability to realize he may be perceived as a suspect, and over reached to media to prove that he was not. I think the defensiveness continued to show in front of the judge. He used such a sad, dismissive choice ofwords. However, the tone reminded me of someone losing everything (including own mental abilities), and not that ofs omeone possible capable of such a terrible evil. This is only my own opinion & based on no firsthand knowledge.

The second thing I wanted to share was a you tube video that I found when looking at other posts of possible connections to the tragic loss of the Iowa girls several years ago. Forgive me if this has already been posted. Although it specifically relates to the Iowa case, I thought it was so hauntingly familiar that it should be looked at by sleuthers looking for answers and justice of Abby & Libby. [video=youtube;oAZWdBFs2LQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAZWdBFs2LQ[/video] Video title on you tube is “missing no more,”and it focuses on a local Iowa man showing the location of the discovery of the bodies of those two beautiful girls.

I’m sharing my thoughts on stumbling on the video only because it was striking to me If the person I originally suspected was the perpetrator, it would take out any SK element. I think my suspect has already been cleared by LE, but I so look forward to finding out a resolution and seeing justice for these beautiful girls.

Welcome to WS. Thanks for sharing that video!! It gave me chills! I personally think its possible for the Iowa case to be connected. What I found interesting is something the gentleman said as they were approaching the location where Lyric and Elizabeth were found, he said something to the effect that they are probably being videotaped as well as they walk that area; meaning there are hidden cameras up to see who all shows up there. Many killers revisit their own crime scene to "reminisce" ...

I also find myself wondering about locals and those that live in nearby towns... are they worried since the case is still ongoing and there isn't a direct POI? Do they feel the guy is still out there? Do they feel it's someone connected to the families or a possible SK?

I'd love to know how locals feel 2 months out.

Yes. We are worried and feel like he's still around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member