IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

I'm also in the Midwest, Michigan in fact, and until Chicago (another city I've loved and lived) went especially wild, three or four of the top murders per capital cities were in Michigan. My hometown was number one for a few years. The Midwest isn't quite the sleepy idealic place many used to believe it was. A major reason for this has been the loss of so many factor jobs within the auto industry and otherwise. The worst unemployment rates were in the Midwest (with MI topping the list at the time things were at their worst with murder and crime). Often the big cities like Detroit, Cleveland, Indy had even higher unemployment rates than the general state-wide ones. I can't speak personally for Indiana but I assume as in so many larger cities racial divides are strong and poverty and blight are rampant. Cities struggle to afford adequate police, fire, and ambulances or as was so often told about Detroit, the city couldn't afford streetlights! Chicago and Detroit both had some notorious mismanagement and corrupt city leaders... so there's so many factors. A lot of those same factors no doubt relate to the massive drug issues that seem to be hitting the Midwest and especially Indiana so hard.

I'm not sure if I'd lump Delphi in with Indy since it's far enough away (get an hour outside of Detroit in any direction and it's a whole other world, similar again with so many of these larger struggling midwestern cities) and that is the thing. As bad as those few Michigan cities were with murder just living in the suburbs of any of them was so different and so much safer. But people do overtime seem to spread out from the cities- for safety, for racial reasons, for jobs, to escape poverty, etc. so I guess still pertinent. I'm sure you also saw in your reading there seemed to be a year where Delphi got a large number of new residents and around that very same time crime spiked considerably. I feel like this was 2011, 2012? I don't have the data in front of me but I found it very interesting and telling really. While crime tends to be much lower outside of the Indys, Detroits, Chicagos of the Midwest there's a lot of changing dynamics really everywhere due to the aftermath of the economic collapse and all those other things I mentioned above. It's a changing world and in many ways I think even moreso here in the Midwest than in many areas of the country.

Anyway I'm rambling but this kind of stuff is a general area of interest for me. I so love so many of these problematic Midwest cities and it breaks my heart to see them struggling so (though I can speak personally for MI and say I've seen a great deal of improvement and every time I'm in Detroit I'm blown away by how much is going on and changing for the better since I lived there a decade ago). Does beg the question though if improving the bigger cities just sends the crime elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well said Aropizt. I'm also from Michigan. Grew up in Detroit. It's sad how once it was a great place to raise a family now not so much. They have improved some things but not enough for me to ever live there again. Just my opinion [emoji5]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Well said Aropizt. I'm also from Michigan. Grew up in Detroit. It's sad how once it was a great place to raise a family now not so much. They have improved some things but not enough for me to ever live there again. Just my opinion [emoji5]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

But, to be fair, there is a huge difference between Detroit and Delphi, in spite of the fact that both can be considered to be in the Midwest.

It counts still right if its injury that leads to death correct?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Yes, but much like "killed" the person isn't "murdered" until the actual date of death.

The culprit faces "murder" charges as a result of his or her actions.

But that still doesn't change the definition of "killed".

If I read in the paper tonight that four people were killed in a car accident on Hwy 20, I'm not expecting they're in hospital in critical condition.

So you're saying that one died on the 13th and the other died on the 14th?
Sorry I know you weren't asking me but I lean this way. It's a good question for anyone.

If anyone needs something new to sleuth, we can use help transcribing downstairs in the scanner thread. :earson:

Yes, but much like "killed" the person isn't "murdered" until the actual date of death.

If I read in the paper tonight that four people were killed in a car accident on Hwy 20, I'm not expecting they're in hospital in critical condition.
I'm sticking with BoP dictionary definition. FIve people were killed on Westminster Bridge. 3 died instantly, 2 others died days later including one lady who had been on life support IIRC. Enuff said.

Right I get you, I mainly asked be cause I'm speculating Tod which we don't and won't know positively for a while, I was curious if one, unannounced to BG was in fact ( sorry to be graphic) holding on, like still alive but too injured to survive. Still murder, just was curious in my own mind about it. All imo always and I like your posts [emoji6]

If anyone needs something new to sleuth, we can use help transcribing downstairs in the scanner thread. :earson:
I'll pop over tonight and if anyone wants to leave me a couple to transc.on that thread I should have time tonight after kids go to bed)

It counts still right if its injury that leads to death correct?

IMO, if X assaults/shoots/strangles/runs over/etc. Y on date A, and Y dies on date A from injuries caused by the assault/shooting/etc. on date A, then X killed Y on date A, and Y died on date A.

If X assaults/shoots/etc. Z on date A, and Z dies a day, week, months, or years later BECAUSE OF those injuries, then Z died on date B from injuries suffered during an assault/shooting/etc. on date A.

Z wasn't killed on date A. Z suffered life-threatening injuries on date A and died on date B. X still killed Z, but not on date A.

IMO and all that good stuff.

IMO, if X assaults/shoots/strangled/runs over/etc. Y on date A, and Y dies on date A from injuries caused by the assault/shooting/etc. on date A, then Y was killed on (and died on) date A.

If X assaults/shoots/etc. Z on date A, and Z dies a day, week, months, or years later BECAUSE OF those injuries, then Z died on date B from injuries suffered during an assault/shooting/etc. on date A.

Z wasn't killed on date A. Z suffered life-threatening injuries on date A and died on date B. X still killed Z, but not on date A.

IMO and all that good stuff.

Thanks Bees!

I had a dream BG had been found and arrested last night. It felt so real..

:please:

I believe it too skibaboo...I think it's close! No facts sadly but a feeling! We can hope!!

Mt opinion and hope only!

My point exactly Holmes but both killed on 13th.
That's pretty major if that did indeed happen that way.I have often wondered why small towns,mine in particular,feel the need to buy surplus tanks and armored vehicles yet find no use to buy a chopper with FLIR.Even if the search was called off and all the kids were going to have to deal with is "exposure",they're still kids.So I don't believe that everything possible that could have been done in the aid of the search was done.That's one thing that will agitate me even after the murderer(s) is caught.Actually a lot of thing's bother me about this case,such as they guy EW starting to say vic...then caught himself,but just before that said they were even searching trash cans for the girls' phones.The quick arrival of the FBI. DHS being involved.Witnesses not seeing or hearing anything yet supposedly on the trail at the same time.This makes me question the entire time line in general.Was this the work of a serial killer and police knew this from Libby's upload but was taken down and we were given the single photo? Does that mean they were actually doing a search on the 13th for victims as the man in the video started to say? Everything is questionable about this entire thing to me.I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I usually know when I'm being lied to about something.

[video=twitter;858679155239661568]https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/858679155239661568[/video]

Just catching up with this case after some time... I can't believe this monster hasn't been caught yet! When the photos and voice clip came out, I thought for sure he'd be found soon.... I still believe he'll be caught, I just hope it happens sooner rather than later. These girls deserve justice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member