IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I could envision "down the hill" accompanied by a gun in the girls' faces and him quickly glancing around to be sure he didn't see any other hikers as he marched them quickly down the hill. IMO

This is what I believe happened. From what we know about Liberty I think she was streetwise enough not to fall for any ruse he would say.

This morning RTV6 was promoting an upcoming benefit for Abby and Libby.

They, once again, showed BG's pic and said if anyone could identify him to please call the number on the screen.

If it wasn't for the fundraisers, this case would probably drop off the radar. IMO

I'm 42 and I hate maps. I love GPS. All of my friends (even those 10-20 years older) use GPS. I really have no idea what this was in reference to, just wanted to make that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I think you guys are right. I do now love my GPS. Maybe my family was just kind of resistant to technology in the beginning, too. :crazy:

If BG did say "They're down the hill", it could indicate that at least one of girls was planning on meeting somebody. The more I think about it, the more I feels this was the case:

One of the victims intended to meet either an individual, or a group of people. BG suddenly and confidently strides out onto the bridge. The girls find him unsettling- he is not whom they were expecting. They take his photo. But.... BG is not so unsettling that they refuse his order. They go down the hill with the expectation that the others in the meeting are down there.

In contrast, had BG been a randomly encountered person with a weapon, I think the girls would have acted surprised, and given the automatic response of "What?", "Why?", "What are you doing?", "Don't hurt us".

Likewise, if BG had pulled a "I am a security guard, you are trespassing..." ruse, there would have been some other discussion as well ("We come here all the time", "I thought this was part of the park" etc.")

In the end, both victims were very familiar with the area and had probably never seen railroad crews there, let alone a non uniformed "security guard" enforcing trespassing. Likewise, the victims may have been vaguely aware that the bridge was to be part of a public park- thus an even lower chance of trespassing enforcement.

As a result, BG as a "security" guard may well have triggered more alarm bells than the slightly creepy BG telling them about a meeting that they expected.
What I found other day when searching Craigslist Indianapolis surrounding areas, you'd be surprised how many badges etc I'm guessing fake ones sew ons and even metal ones on eBay I found you can purchase cheaply and ship from somewhere in China. I wondered why they were on Indian searches, I found I thought it's because they say things like ind security, ind fish and game etc. It took some digging to find as I searched different area like kokomo, delphi etc. But badges are fairly easy to purchase.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I have questions that someone who is familiar with the bridge area could answer. Say he marched them down the hill [or they took off running after starting down the hill] and they in fact crossed the creek in the area under the bridge and he caught them [is it shallow enough right there to cross?]...would they be visible to someone on the bridge as they walked along the creek in the woods toward the cemetery? I can't imagine him leading two girls at gunpoint through the woods in view of the bridge. This is what I am thinking....he had to KNOW if anyone else was in the woods or on the trail. He had to be watching, maybe with binoculars, and knew how long it took to walk from the parking area others have referenced...to the entrance of the bridge. If he knew prior to his attack that no one was in the woods [because he spent time that day keeping track of who was there and if... and when... those people left] then he would know he had "x" number of minutes from when he started after them and grabbed them...to when he absolutely HAD to be out of sight of the bridge area. IMO he plotted this out with careful precision. He was hunting that day and had his well thought out plan in place. I think pure luck [on his part] played a huge part. He may have catfished the girls and knew they would be there....but the variable he couldn't control was other people who just happened to show up to go for a walk. Short of him closing off the trail entrance with a sign "closed for repairs" or yellow "caution tape" I'm not sure how he could stop other visitors from entering the trail. Random thoughts and all IMO.

This morning RTV6 was promoting an upcoming benefit for Abby and Libby.

They, once again, showed BG's pic and said if anyone could identify him to please call the number on the screen.

If it wasn't for the fundraisers, this case would probably drop off the radar. IMO
I wonder if the family has considered bringing in an outside investigator.

It sounded like an imperative to me, not an explanation or the answer to a question.
A declarative statement can still be given as an expected command (imperative).

If there was an arranged meeting, perhaps BG was "muscle" that had been brought in to "deal" with a situation. Or, maybe BG is an older, more aggressive criminal who had commandeered a small group of more passive criminally inclined people.

In either case, BG's imperative voice while giving a statement could well mean: Factually, the other people you are looking for are down the hill- and you will also go down the hill.... .

Also, an imperative tone may well match BG's confident stride onto the bridge. BG may be experienced with heights, but I have also seen convicts with that "devil may care, I own this." strut. It can mean that the convict has concluded that he has total control over the situation.

Is BG an organized, or disorganized killer?

I read an article on the internet that gave traits of both and how they decide which they are but that they can be a mix of both at once. (I'm sorry that I can't provide a link. It did seem like a good website). At the time I looked over it a lot and couldn't decide which I thought he was. Not that I have lots of knowledge about it, but guessing.

IMO when I read it he seemed to be a mix of both in different ways. I'm sure a lot of you guys know more about that than I do. I may go read more about it.

This is a recent update via media - May 7th. Revisiting previous leads, seems LE may have recognized they were too hasty in reviewing leads at the onset.

"Asked for an update on the investigation, Leazenby said more analysis of some of the evidence has come in, and detectives are revisiting some of the 18,000 leads they received in the weeks after the killings. Additionally, the detectives now have fewer than 1,000 leads left to sift through, he said."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/local/2017/05/07/hundreds-reclaim-delphis-trail-peace/101297052/

What I found other day when searching Craigslist Indianapolis surrounding areas, you'd be surprised how many badges etc I'm guessing fake ones sew ons and even metal ones on eBay

I am sure badges are easy to obtain, but the badge would need to match the individual and the situation to be totally believable.

In this case, BG does look like rail worker ("security" badge would match person). But... my guess is that the girls had never seen a rail crew or a real security guard in that area.

Therefore, the "security guard" ruse would not match the situation and could have triggered more conversation.

it was only a week and a half ago that we learned that LE is still waiting on results from forensic testing from the FBI's virginia lab. a cold case is when all leads have been exhausted. this case is far from that. i think it is likely they have a suspect in their radar. there is a reason LE is so quite.

I am glad you are confident as I'm not :)

The fact they are going back over the old tips to me says they don't have any clue.

I am sure badges are easy to obtain, but the badge would need to match the individual and the situation to be totally believable.

In this case, BG does look like rail worker ("security" badge would match person). But... my guess is that the girls had never seen a rail crew or a real security guard in that area.

Therefore, the "security guard" ruse would not match the situation and could have triggered more conversation.
True that, but also to bring up another scenario, say it did bring up further conversation and ultimately leading to LG taking video, due to it not matching the situation, maybe a bit far fetched I agree, but both scenarios possible imo.

I have thought that Libby's KIK account might have been a source of catfishing even though she was a very smart girl.
I just googled catfishing on KIK and ran across some very disturbing "how to" videos online. There are so many corrupt people out there. As a mom, I am going to warn my kids about these fake live cameras and videos on KIK.
I hesitate to post the links. I will try to report them.

I wonder whether LE was able to access the KIK account information.

This is a recent update via media - May 7th. Revisiting previous leads, seems LE may have recognized they were too hasty in reviewing leads at the onset.

"Asked for an update on the investigation, Leazenby said more analysis of some of the evidence has come in, and detectives are revisiting some of the 18,000 leads they received in the weeks after the killings. Additionally, the detectives now have fewer than 1,000 leads left to sift through, he said."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/local/2017/05/07/hundreds-reclaim-delphis-trail-peace/101297052/

That might be par for the course. It seems normal that they would sift quickly through leads at first and then go back with a fine tooth comb if the first scan didn't lead to what they needed.

I can't imagine him leading two girls at gunpoint through the woods in view of the bridge. This is what I am thinking....he had to KNOW if anyone else was in the woods or on the trail.

Just to add a layer of intrigue to you thoughts, think about the risk associated, as well, with property owners at the south end of the bridge being home/outside on that unseasonably warm day (they are retired) and RL not meandering through his property, tending to his horses, whatever. Did he/they know that the one house was vacated (I could be wrong, but heard they are snowbirds). And what were the thoughts he/they had about RL?

It feels very mission-driven to me.

I am glad you are confident as I'm not :)

The fact they are going back over the old tips to me says they don't have any clue.

It is interesting how we interpret things. To ME it says they are on someone's trail and are going back over what the person said or did early on. Like maybe they wrote them off in the beginning but now they have a solid lead and are revisiting it.

Personally I could envision "down the hill" accompanied by a gun in the girls' faces and him quickly glancing around to be sure he didn't see any other hikers as he marched them quickly down the hill. IMO
.. and then possibly slipped a prepared rope around one or both (if he had prepped 2) girls' necks to quiet them and control them moving forward... moo ...

I have thought that Libby's KIK account might have been a source of catfishing even though she was a very smart girl.
I just googled catfishing on KIK and ran across some very disturbing "how to" videos online. There are so many corrupt people out there. As a mom, I am going to warn my kids about these fake live cameras and videos on KIK.
I hesitate to post the links. I will try to report them.

I wonder whether LE was able to access the KIK account information.
https://youtu.be/nfxrnl_0eTc

Video where sex predator tells how easy it is to lure on kik. Imo I would assume getting the password wouldn't be too difficult after accessing the kids other sites, some use same passwords for diff sites, kids do a lot I find personal experience plus Mayne fbi can get them, or parents have them, number of possibilities. Good post I'm weary of kik won't let my own have it period. All imo always

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member