IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome5: to all of our new members (& 'old' members who are new to posting). We're thrilled to have you join our discussion!

Please familiarize yourself with The Rules.

If you copy an image or picture from another site, please provide a link to the original source or the picture will be removed.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?267812-Copyright-10-Rule

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc

And as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to any moderator or administrator & we'd be happy to help however we can. :tyou:

Obituaries are not evidence. Death notices and obituaries may have differing information for the same person. The date thing is not based on evidence. There are some instances where a family just has to make a choice before knowing all the information. I think this is just one of those cases. I really think reading anything into those dates at this point with only the obits is very short sighted.
Agreed!
OT but HUGSSSSS FLOURISH! :loveyou:

No problem! And you can call me Pink. (PP is yellow:shame:)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

PP:laughing:

So has anyone else noticed to vehicle in the original snapchat photo? <mod snip>

My grandfather and 2 uncles, all ranchers, smoked like this while working on the ranch. They would be tinkering with equipment, driving a tractor, etc, all the while with a ciggie stuck in their mouths. Drove my grandma nuts when gramps let the ashes trail behind him...

I'm so glad it made some sense Katy!
I've never been able to tolerate the smoke getting in my eyes ...although I have done it on a 4 wheeler while hunting.... well I was getting the heck out of dodge actually because it was dark and the coyotes are bad at our farm lol So I wasn't actually going slow.... :blushing:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/20/ptab.01.html

Can I ask you -- it was a week ago today that the family members called and said, They`re missing, we can`t find them, they`re not there to pick them up. Did you hear about these two girls being missing? Because I believe a week ago tonight, the searches began, right?

LOGAN: Yes, that`s true. I did not find out about it until after about 6:30 PM in the afternoon. People stopped here and asked for permission to go back on my property and said two girls were missing, and that`s the first I heard about it. It`s been a -- it`s been a -- OK.

BBM

Rereading this transcript. So at 6:30 searchers asked to search that property but didn't find the girls?

Maybe because they were just calling out, but there should still have been some light. I think sunset was about 6:25.

I'm thinking the killer was long gone.

:(

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I think it is just as you said---the search teams were looking for lost, injured, exhausted hikers. They were not thinking they were going to find dead bodies at that time. JMO

Sorry if this has already been asked but who released the pic of the map with with location of the girls bodies. I read on here a transcript of a interview with man who owns the land where the girls were found and he said there was only one crime scene. I don't know how to do the link thing so sorry if need to but it's on one of the threads and would take me days to find it. I'm just confused by it

Question to anyone familiar with the area.
Do power lines or any "lines" that may require maintenance exist on these trails?
If there are trail cams... who services them?
This man appears to know where the cams are at. Which leads me to believe he is very familiar with the trails.
I know that our trail cams we place on our farm have memory cards that need to be checked and replaced often. Maybe the cams they use are more state of the art than normal trail cams.
I can see the possibility someone mentioned earlier that video surveillance on a bridge like that might be important due to suicides or accidents.
If they are simple trail cams, then one could simply remove the memory card if they committed a crime and are aware of the cameras locations. So that leads to me to think one of three things
1.) He wasn't aware of the camera and it just happened he obscured his face
2.) He wasn't smart enough to get the memory card or thought it didn't have a memory card and went directly to a separate location for storage or
3.) It wasn't the type of camera he could retrieve the data from.
well and I guess you could also guess that if he DID remove any data from the camera it may point to who committed the crime?

Just random thoughts at this late hour and all my own opinion.

My daughter WAS friends with her...:tantrum: She's supposedly due in April. I started a thread for that sweet angel :(

Off topic - terrible and tragic how could they do that to the little angel girl. It must be very upsetting for you. May she Rest In Peace.

"24-Hour News 8 learned dispatchers received close to 1,000 calls since launching last week.

People in the community are pleading for anyone with information to come forward and to call the tip line. Meanwhile, the support is stronger than ever for the families of Abby and Libby.

It&#8217;s hard to miss the ribbons on every light post and every tree outside of the courthouse in the small town of Delphi. The colors honor the lives of the two teens.

&#8220;Everybody come together so much and so tight knight,&#8221; Cory Mitchell Dunbar, owner of Mitchell&#8217;s Mexican Grill. &#8220;It&#8217;s really cool to see that everybody done that for these two girls families.&#8221;

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/21/dispat...nto-tip-line-for-carroll-county-murder-cases/

I'm glad they are receiving so many tips let's hope they get the one they desperately need. It is great to see the community rallying around the girls families.

Wonder girl can you please post your avatar here? (The flyer about suspect) missed it being posted last night and want to share it around also.

We live in a small town just south of Delphi. We too have visited this area several years ago. It is a popular fall hiking spot as the foilage is nice.

I know it seems odd to many of you why teenagers would be there but in our small rural farming towns there is zero crime and definitely no murders/homicides. We all know our neighbors, grew up in these small towns and dont lock our doors to run an errand or our vehicles in our driveways. An occasional dui or public intox or family dispute is all the crazy we ever deal with. Until now. My husband is a school teacher at the HS here. The schools have issued gentle reminders since this happened about SM and awareness of your surroundings. ISP has been stepping up wolf pack and not just on main highways. There are active things in motion some more subtle than others and I am guessing to not cause alarm. The day this occurred it was 49* and sunny. It was very warm for a Feb day in Indiana. There are several out structures on Deer Creek. From the first time the pictures were posted by every news outlet it struck me as so odd how OVER dressed he was. My thought was this was taken after the murders and he was living in one of the out structures and had to flee with everything some how on him to not draw attention to himself. We have had a very unusually warm winter this year with record warm temps in Jan/Feb. I think he left with what he thought was everything but the outstructure he was staying in contains the connection. Just my theory. He is just too overdressed. ISP initially stated in one of the press conferences that no one on the trails could place the girls on the trails during their hikes. But someone placed bridge dude there by the pix. I took that to mean others from the trails came in voluntarily to ISP but bridge dude did not. So very senseless and unnerving. No one in our small towns will soon forget how vulernable we all feel now. Prayers for these families and that they find him soon.

Welcome to websleuths and thank you for posting it is great to have people who live near the area who can give a local perspective.

Welcome to all new members thanks for joining us.

LOGAN: Yes, that`s true. I did not find out about it until after about 6:30 PM in the afternoon. People stopped here and asked for permission to go back on my property and said two girls were missing, and that`s the first I heard about it. It`s been a -- it`s been a -- OK.

Interesting choice of words 'people stopped here and asked for permission to go back on my property' - which people? Could it have been the murderer/s ?

Also bridge guy doesn't have a camera hanging around his neck so photography doesn't appear to be why he was there.

This guy didn't set out to kill the girls, he didn't set out to kill anyone. He was here because he enjoys the bridge/scenery.

So he didn't hitchhike in he didn't bicycle in he didn't park mile(s) away. He came in like he always has ... He's been here before.

He's not here for exercise, he didn't meet the girls or track them from SM.

He's very efficient to say the least. He places himself around the trails by visual remembrance. He knows where and when he can possibly be seen at all times from every angle.

Speaks/interacts with girls to pry for info. Possibly See's them being dropped off.

After setting up some quick trust by speaking and walking off. He does a quick survey to check for people and calculates his time and where to strike.

The proximity of the body's and knowing they'll be found right away says he's not the least bit worried ... he's on his way back home out of town.

He lives a normal life very adaptive. He's done this or something similar before. Partially retired successful type. Travels often.

Look at the most common aspect that brings people here... The Bridge first, then exercise/photography.

He's not here to exercise and he's not coming to a place known to be populated in the middle of the day to kill someone. That leaves the bridge/scenery.

The only thing that's blown his cover is the pics. Other than that he played Houdini in the middle of the day and didn't leave an impact in anybody's mind on the way in or way out. It was a mere opportunity that lines up perfect in his eyes so he acted on it.

This isn't a rookie, he did this all in a very very short time frame. With no impact on his surroundings.

If caught will deff be linked to other crime(s)

Age late 40s to 50

Hasn't done anything to change his appearance, he knows better.

Prob involved in some minor way at some point with his local school system.

All moo

Hopefully press conference tells us more.

And it prob goes without saying but any info we're going to get did nobody any good by delaying it 5 days.

Some interesting possibilities...

Lets add to it.

The killer encountered the girls in one of three ways. Either it was a random meeting near the bridge/stream, he followed the girls in, or he knew them prior to the attack.

Without having more details its hard to ascertain whether the killer was organized or disorganized. From what I've read, the bodies were found in the woods, which would indicate an attempt to hide them...leading to an organized killer. Organized killers are typically psychopathic in that they can lead normal lives within a community until something acts as a trigger to their "other side."

Hopefully some details will be released that can shed some light on the case and a better assessment can be made.

I think it is just as you said---the search teams were looking for lost, injured, exhausted hikers. They were not thinking they were going to find dead bodies at that time. JMO

They probably didn't go down that steep slope in the dark.

I also think the fanny pack is a hand gun holder. I have one similar when I go hunting. That hat to me looks like a bomber hat which goes over the ears to keep you warm. I would post a pic but first time poster and don't see the option to upload a photo.
Hard to tell on the hat. Im fairly confident hes wearing a camo cap, or full brim hat. Kinda looks like he has one of these on.
bfb1ff07e66f01888c4c65d4914aa969.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

This guy didn't set out to kill the girls, he didn't set out to kill anyone. He was here because he enjoys the bridge/scenery.

So he didn't hitchhike in he didn't bicycle in he didn't park mile(s) away. He came in like he always has ... He's been here before.

He's not here for exercise, he didn't meet the girls or track them from SM.

He's very efficient to say the least. He places himself around the trails by visual remembrance. He knows where and when he can possibly be seen at all times from every angle.

Speaks/interacts with girls to pry for info. Possibly See's them being dropped off.

After setting up some quick trust by speaking and walking off. He does a quick survey to check for people and calculates his time and where to strike.

The proximity of the body's and knowing they'll be found right away says he's not the least bit worried ... he's on his way back home out of town.

He lives a normal life very adaptive. He's done this or something similar before. Partially retired successful type. Travels often.

Look at the most common aspect that brings people here... The Bridge first, then exercise/photography.

He's not here to exercise and he's not coming to a place known to be populated in the middle of the day to kill someone. That leaves the bridge/scenery.

The only thing that's blown his cover is the pics. Other than that he played Houdini in the middle of the day and didn't leave an impact in anybody's mind on the way in or way out. It was a mere opportunity that lines up perfect in his eyes so he acted on it.

This isn't a rookie, he did this all in a very very short time frame. With no impact on his surroundings.

If caught will deff be linked to other crime(s)

Age late 40s to 50

Hasn't done anything to change his appearance, he knows better.

Prob involved in some minor way at some point with his local school system.

All moo

Hopefully press conference tells us more.

And it prob goes without saying but any info we're going to get did nobody any good by delaying it 5 days.

Same page, although I'm not sure he is too smart to change appearance. I think the police know who he is. But I think he is on the run and I don't think the police know where he is.

This could have been done by a truck driver. The new highway is 1/2 mile from high bridge and would explain why he was heading the way he was across the bridge. I mapped two routes that once across the bridge would have him hidden all the way back to his truck in less than 15 minute. There a a third route to another highway 1 mile away that would also be hidden and a fourth about 2 miles (30 minutes by foot) to a ramp where truck stop overnight.

What type of training would it take to kill two people (two different methods) the way he did?
Look for other serial killers with the same MO. Two girls possible making one watch the other go through the process and not being able to do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove