IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the meat packing plant is on lockdown for a bomb threat? Is that normal procedure? When I worked in a building that received bomb threats, they would evacuate everyone, not put the building on lockdown.
Theories:

They're following up on a tip and don't want the public aware.

They're using the threat as an excuse to search the place.

Remember, a number of RSOs, illegals and other unemployables work there.

When I hear his voice, it sounds like someone trying to impersonate an authority figure ... park official maybe told them the bridge was not safe?

I was thinking he spoke with authority too. It's just so disturbing to hear the audio.

I just wanted to throw some comments in here, I'm a longtime lurker, but I have never posted before. While I am not too sure how much my comments and opinions are going to actually contribute to this case, I hope that maybe I can clear up some of the questions I'm reading, and maybe you guys can help me with some of my confusion.

I am relatively familiar with the town of Delphi, and it's surrounding areas. My family has owned property outside of Delphi for awhile, not too far from the location that LE searched. For my children this area is their "utopia". They get to spend their weekends in the summers running around in the woods, riding dirt bikes and getting muddy and wet in the many rivers and creeks. What is most scary for me, is that my children have walked this trail countless times, my two daughters could have been these poor girls. Never in a million years would I have thought something like this would have happened in Carroll county, even with I-65 running through the middle of it, and US 421 and the new Hoosier Heartland "thing". I can't even begin to understand what this is doing to the community. I hope we find justice for these two innocent and beautiful girls.

This press conference, which I was anxiously waiting for since last night, is rather infuriating to me. The Indiana State Police is a pretty top notch LE agency, they have to have more than this right?!? I hope they do and I hope this is just a strategy of slowly releasing information to motivate the public to provide more quality tips.

And that is what leads me to the part that I don't understand about this audio recording which was just released. In my mind it goes a bit against the most narrative that has been pushed by LE since naming "man in picture" as main suspect #1.

This voice is about the most typical central Indiana voice that I have ever heard. It sounds like my coworkers, neighbors, and most of the guys that will be at the bar this afternoon discussing this case with me. Why then did LE feel like this would help ??? Because contrary to what they are saying about a possible transient or hitchhiker, they want someone in the Delphi area, or better the greater Lafayette area to recognize it as their husband, brother or son and call in the tip that solves the case. They feel the recognition of this man's voice in such a cold hearted situation is what will cause a person to finally admit that their loved one is a monster. Delphi and the surrounding towns are small enough places that if this person was from there, and was not being protected by a family member or loved one, then he would have already been caught.

Those are just my thoughts and confusions for now.

Thank you for your input.

I wonder that as well, I am also puzzled as to what I hear at the very end of the Fox59 playback. At the very end it sounds like a helicopter or plane is in the distance of flying over.
http://fox59.com/2017/02/21/officials-to-provide-update-in-murder-investigation-of-delphi-teens/
My thinking is that the FBI or State police isolated the man's voice and intentionally distorted the sound outside his voice range. Likely so we wouldn't hear the girls, who I expect would be distressed.

There are trees in front of the supposed vehicle, which says ground level to me. Not bridge level.

Anyone have anything on scanner? If so, can you post the link to downstairs.

Thanks.

We Canadians don't hear an accent because the Midwestern Accent is almost identical to Canadian accents. I get asked all the time if I am from the Midwest.

I'm from the Midwest, served in the military all over the world and now live in Southern California and I'd never confuse a Canadian with a Midwesterner. Besides, the Midwest doesn't have one accent. People from Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan etc all sound completely different that each other. Then within each Midwestern state there are completely different regional dialects. Someone from Chicago sounds completely different from someone from Cleveland. People from the big city of Louisville sound completely different than the country folk in southwestern Kentucky. There are countless dialects throughout the Midwest.

Random thoughts: been away from websleuths for awhile but these girls have brought me back. We are an assorted crew here and the sniping ebbs and flows. Focus on the thing I'd forgotten about...how we all care what happened to the victims. Everything else is immaterial.
I think this guy acted alone. Middle aged white male very confident in his environment. Predators stalk areas they are comfortable. I do not for a nanosecond think the girls were lured to meet up with someone. i DO think this was a school holiday and predator knew there would be opportunity in such a place. I also think he has probably committed crimes before. You don't begin with a double child murder. While LE wants to cast a wide net, which I applaud, chances are best that this fella is local and known to someone already. Fingers crossed they get him fast. My kids are 7 and 10 and these girls hit close to my heart. I keep thinking of Gavin deBecker's awesome books. His number one rule to avoid becoming a victim is listen to your gut. It seems like Libby listened to hers as best as she could. The lesson is worth taking to my kids.

I agree with your thoughts on the social media issue. I also think he is a seasoned hunter and this was the perfect environment, particularly on a school holiday. He was, I believe, very familiar with the area and had likely scoped his crime location and planned how to access and isolate and his victim(s). I also agree that he acted alone. These types of individuals are about what they want to achieve for their own purposes, know how to achieve it, and don't need help, and don't want competition, for lack of a better term.

I'm not American so don't want to report it, I can't unsee it now, I'm panicking. It's the same shape as a Volkswagen Beetle. The yellow is where there is an obvious curve shape.
attachment.php

I definitely do not see a car there at all.

IMHO this audio sounds more like a response as opposed to a command. We would never be allowed to hear what the question was (because one of the girls may have asked it). "Where are we going?", and he responds, "Down the hill." If it was a command, I would presume he would say, "Get down the hill, Go down the hill," etc. I would think Libby was recording and trying to get his voice on tape. Just my observations, and I sure could be wrong. I also wondered if the girls accidentally could have stumbled upon a drug deal going down?

I'm from the Midwest, served in the military all over the world and now live in Southern California and I'd never confuse a Canadian with a Midwesterner. Besides, the Midwest doesn't have one accent. People from Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan etc all sound completely different that each other. Then within each Midwestern state there are completely different regional dialects. Someone from Chicago sounds completely different from someone from Cleveland. People from the big city of Louisville sound completely different than the country folk in southwestern Kentucky. There are countless dialects throughout the Midwest.

Agreed. I can see how certain words from a Canadian accent could sound Midwestern. But I can usually tell when someone is Canadian pretty quick. Or at least Minnesotan. The northern states up by Minnesota I could see getting mixed up fro Canadian, but not really Midwestern.

My thinking is that the FBI or State police isolated the man's voice and intentionally distorted the sound outside his voice range. Likely so we wouldn't hear the girls, who I expect would be distressed.

If the phone was concealed in a pocket or backpack, there would be allot of noise from rustling fabric. There is no way that Libby had that phone in plain sight while she captured that video and audio.. She was a Smart Girl!!

There are trees in front of the supposed vehicle, which says ground level to me. Not bridge level.

Yes, it's on the ground in the same area as the red vehicle in the other picture posted earlier, I think

IF he was someone they possibly were planning to meet on social media,it would be a flag to them a grown man was walking up.

That is a great possibility. They were waiting for their meet-up and along comes Bridge Guy. That was creepy to them, and Libby starting recording.

Hmm.. that is a possibility.

jmo

Agreed. I can see how certain words from a Canadian accent could sound Midwestern. But I can usually tell when someone is Canadian pretty quick. Or at least Minnesotan. The northern states up by Minnesota I could see getting mixed up fro Canadian, but not really Midwestern.

I am Canadian, living in NJ and have been asked multiple times if I am from the Midwest because of my accent... Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay