IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg image.jpg
to show what happened when I tried to use the zoom on my iPhone. I was only 8 or so folding chair rows from the front of the stage but it completely blurred the features of the performers. The pictures from this case look even further away.

If you go to UTube and type in Indiana accents, you will be able to listen to people who live in various locations of the state.

Has anyone started looking over all the sex offenders in a close proximity to Delphi? I believe this man has done this before- maybe not murder but probably some sort of sex offences. I believe this because only someone with experience would feel comfortable taking TWO victims. Normally they always start with one and as they get more confident they work their way up to more victims :(

I think that the audio clip they released seems to loop a little too quick. However, I don't think they can slow it down without altering the voice or leaving dead space in between repeating the recording. Sigh.

Has anyone started looking over all the sex offenders in a close proximity to Delphi? I believe this man has done this before- maybe not murder but probably some sort of sex offences. I believe this because only someone with experience would feel comfortable taking TWO victims. Normally they always start with one and as they get more confident they work their way up to more victims :(

I have a strong feeling this was one of LE's first moves, since it seem like the obvious thing to do. I would hope so at least.

I have a few observations:

- The suspect has a working class dress sense. His boots are such that he either does a lot of hiking or he works outdoors and needs sturdy shoes. The color of his baseball cap is tan which I tend to associate with outdoors themes like fishing, lake resorts or hunting

- He sounds so calm in the audio, giving directions to go/get down the hill. My ears detect Midwestern but I couldn't say Indiana for definite based on four words. That calmness combined with her recording makes me think that the girls were still playing along and hoping it would be okay. If he had a gun on them, why would he let the girl use her phone and why would she dare to use her phone?

- Which brings me to the encounter. I find it interesting that they took video of him before he was upon them. They were kids and kids do random things but it made me wonder if they took a photo/video of him because the meeting between the girls and him was planned, and they thought they were taking precautions. So, I kind of wonder if he was a Snapchat friend or something similar that they risked meeting up with.
- Perhaps this is why the police are not releasing as much information as I would expect if this were purely one of those extremely rare times when a killer attacks two random girls, unplanned and on a whim. If so, how reckless. Maybe the police haven't been able to track down his Snapchat (or similar) ID and just maybe the police don't want the general public to blame the victims at such a delicate stage.

P.S. Don't let your teens use Snapchat, Periscope or any other app geared towards sharing pictures/videos. They are RIFE with predators. I've lost track of how many times I've reported people for attempted grooming.

P.S. I hope no childre

Phone could have been hidden and recording auto only from a pocket or bag.

Can someone clue me in about cameras around town. I can't remember if we discussed this back in thread #1. I'm sure many restaurants have them, but what about street cameras? Because, if Libby's phone was pinging around town, per her grandfather, maybe LE could have pictures of him.
Thanks

JMO, but i am sure LE knows more than they are telling. LE usually doesn't let all the fine details out

Yes, I agree they know more but I wonder if anyone who follows the girls and saw all their snap chats that day has come out and shared what they posted? It's quite easy to view someones snap story and it's just as easy to screen shot it!

Yes, but I thought that was due to there desire to keep the net wide and not exclude anyone, or discourage anyone from reporting something.

Just including the whole statement for people:

While investigators have narrowed their search to this one man for the time being, they have expanded the geography of their search. They believe that if the man was from Delphi, someone from the town of roughly 3,000 people would have already identified him.

"We're trying to get people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland, that were on the interstate, that were in Logansport that might have saw somebody walking, hitchhiking-- if they saw a duffle bag laying somewhere, anything. We're just reaching out for people that saw anything within that distance," Riley said.

http://www.wthr.com/article/tips-pour-in-after-suspect-identified-in-delphi-double-homicide

I asked something similar to this yesterday and I forget who responded but paraphrasing here is that the killer may have been familiar with the property owner's routine!!!!!

Yes I was speculating that yesterday.

I was just discussing this case with my children who are 11 and 9. I wanted them to know to stay close to me and ALWAYS be aware of surroundings especially since we live only two hours away. I asked them if they would have thought to turn on the recorder on their phones. My 11 year old son said he thinks he would but my 9 year old daughter said "No, when I'm scared just freeze." Maybe the girls or Abby was so scared that she just froze which is why he was so able to gain control.

Please note: I understand my daughter is much younger but she has been raised in a similar community and is extremely intelligent. Her test scores are that of a sophomore in high school so her cognitive abilities may not be so different from Libby and Abby.

Can someone clue me in about cameras around town. I can't remember if we discussed this back in thread #1. I'm sure many restaurants have them, but what about street cameras? Because, if Libby's phone was pinging around town, per her grandfather, maybe LE could have pictures of him.
Thanks

So does that info about the phone pinging imply that the perp took her phone with him, and then it eventually died or he shut it off? And then all of the photos, audio, etc were taken from her cloud storage? I would imagine several businesses have surveillance cameras, or at least some of them.

Perspective is slightly off naturally, but the poi would be in this approximate location. I have not made any measurements yet, this is just an estimate of his dimensions:

attachment.php

-Nin

Source:
http://www.capitalbay.news/news/1120465-lonely-spot-where-murdered-teenage-girls-were-last-seen.html

I like what you did with the overlay here and you do some amazing work. Though the bridge in that picture i have seen before and it is not the deer creek bridge imo. I have seen many pics online and this bridge is only about 1/4 of the length. My guess is the newspaper grabbed it from somwhere and it was mislabled

I am from Western Canada. I do not hear any accent. The officer in the video had a strong accent (to me).

[video=twitter;834430483949842434]https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/834430483949842434[/video]

Just a note that the audio recording is posted at this link as well, and it has that background noise omitted, and just a quick replay of those 3 words, a few times.. (they must have also removed that thing that some were hearing as 'git', or 'get', or 'go', or etc.) It is annoying however, that they seem to be posting the pics of the victims as opposed to highlighting to photo of the perp.

Have you reported this tip? If you really feel that way I would strongly encourage you to!

Indiana sex offender website lists I think 157 in Logansport and you can search by city. Way too many for my comfort. And there's about 5 with unknown locations. Beware you will see several that could resemble the suspect. You can also see where they work by clicking other address tab

So does that info about the phone pinging imply that the perp took her phone with him, and then it eventually died or he shut it off? And then all of the photos, audio, etc were taken from her cloud storage? I would imagine several businesses have surveillance cameras, or at least some of them.
Yes, her grandfather said it eventually was shut off or died.

I'm absolutely positive if there were cars and "as many as six people" down there, the police would be asking the public to come forward and talk to them. Six people???

I'll preface this by saying I don't see cars or people...but I don't think it's necessarily the case LE would have mentioned it in the press conference. If there were people, they might well have come in right away and told LE, "We were under the bridge and didn't see anything" or "We saw xxxxxxx...." If they didn't see anything, LE wouldn't want to release their name(s) for harassment reasons, and if they did see something, they wouldn't want to release that information for investigative reasons.

So I don't think the lack of mention points either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay