IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truly, I'm not really worried that we haven't heard much about DN. With so many connecting factors connecting to DN, I'd suspect that PD is working diligently to either clear him and or charge him. I'd think they have a pretty good idea if it's him or not. With so much focus on him, I'd think they'd give us an indication that he isn't connected. Yeah, I know, they didn't do it with RL. And not to open a can of worms but if they do think a second person was involved, even slightly, they can't come out and say RL is 100% cleared. Could look bad down the road when it's discovered that he gave DN a ride or something...

1. Pretty simple in my mind, do the eyewitnesses think it's DN that they remember? That would would be a determining factor.

2. While we don't know what his voice sounds like, we have to know they have additional audio. That said, in this day and age, video of him has to exist on social media or personal family recordings KN has etc. Heck, even his cell phone voicemail greeting etc. We have to assume PD has executed warrants to obtain this information. We just don't know it occurred. Again, this would be a good determining factor if it's a match.

3. Either his phone or KN's would have pinged in the area. Maybe he was phoneless, either way, this data takes awhile to obtain I think. Could be waiting to come back. That would be another determining factor.

4. As far as chewing... And being a former chewer, until recently, I'd suspect he was chewing at the time he was "living under bridges" etc. When you're a chewer, not having any chew sucks. That said, it's possible that they found some chew but not near the bodies which they think could be explained away. Maybe not if they had a bunch of other things to build a case, but this in itself could be explained. Their may have been spit they were able to locate for one reason or another and couldn't get great DNA but know they're looking for a chewer. I participated in an evidence search in my much earlier life for which someone was murdered and we were told to look for chew. Needless to say, pretty much a needle in a haystack.

It will be telling how much time he is convicted to, or if he is able to make bail and isn't greeted by Indiana LE with an arrest warrant. I mean, we already know they tried to raise the bail to $25k. That's a big red flag to me. I think LE has some time and knows it and is preparing their case, if they have one against DN.

I feel good with where we stand. Aside from having someone sitting in jail with their new celly, who by the way doesn't appreciate child killers, I'll take where we're at.

Cheers!

LE may indeed be making the most of this opportunity to case build. They know where he is and can have anyone, including a cellmate, talk to him to extract incriminating information or a confession.

If there are any other similar crimes he may be suspected of, it would be smart to wait before charging him with anything major, as he will no longer talk at that point.

You have to remember, the sketch was made from someone's brief memory of a face. The best they can describe are the major features that they can recall, if any.

Look at the major features of the sketch. Far apart, back drooping eyes. Prominent rounded bridge between the eyes. Prominent bulbous nose. Rounded cheeks and jawline. Goatee.

Look again at the pictures. All of the above.

If they saw him with the ear flapped hat, the ears and hair are a guess at best. As well, the age is a guess at best.

You have to remember, the witnesses didn't know he was in the process of committing a crime. Put yourself in their shoes. Try to remember someone today that you walked passed yesterday, and then try to describe their facial features or guess their age. It's not going to be in exacting details.

DN is thinner and younger - both facts are easier to remember than other facts. That sketch is of a older gentleman and considering it’s been a month and they would of rushed any forensic evidence to try and link him to the crime it’s not looking like he is the man they are looking for.

My point is, how do you know this is not the jacket BG was wearing? I don't recall specifically seeing anything about the jacket other than it's blue. Everything else is speculation, therefore I think it's possibly a blue hoodie jacket that DN is wearing in this photo. Also, regarding differences in language in other countries, I would call my zipper front hoodie a jacket, and I would put a jumper on my little girl, as I would use the word jumper as a sleeveless dress that is worn with a blouse underneath it. Different words mean different things in other countries. MOO

That’s a hoodie he is wearing in the photo you showed us on the thread. It is not a jacket - it has no zip for a start.

If you wish to believe that’s the same jacket then you do that but 100% it’s clearly not. It’s not even in the same ball park.

Just a reminder of hearing for El Paso County.

Wednesday, November 1st:
*Bond & Return Filing of Charges Hearing @ 8:30am PT for El Paso County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – arrested (9/25) & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, attempted trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Nov. 1st for First Appearance @ 8:30am for other charges. Held on $20K bond
Teller County charged being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Hearings scheduled for 11/2 @ 8:30am (Dispositional Hearing) & 11/6 @ 1:30pm (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed. Combined bonds $15K "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.

:judge:

Just a reminder of hearing for El Paso County.

Wednesday, November 1st:
*Bond & Return Filing of Charges Hearing @ 8:30am PT for El Paso County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – arrested (9/25) & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, attempted trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Nov. 1st for First Appearance @ 8:30am for other charges. Held on $20K bond
Teller County charged being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Hearings scheduled for 11/2 @ 8:30am (Dispositional Hearing) & 11/6 @ 1:30pm (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed. Combined bonds $15K "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.

:judge:
Remind me in what county TW was killed? Teller or El Paso? Teller County "additional charges will likely be filed"

You have to remember, the sketch was made from someone's brief memory of a face. The best they can describe are the major features that they can recall, if any.

Look at the major features of the sketch. Far apart, back drooping eyes. Prominent rounded bridge between the eyes. Prominent bulbous nose. Rounded cheeks and jawline. Goatee.

Look again at the pictures. All of the above.

If they saw him with the ear flapped hat, the ears and hair are a guess at best. As well, the age is a guess at best.

You have to remember, the witnesses didn't know he was in the process of committing a crime. Put yourself in their shoes. Try to remember someone today that you walked passed yesterday, and then try to describe their facial features or guess their age. It's not going to be in exacting details.
Can someone refresh my memory about where this witness saw the suspect?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Remind me in what county TW was killed? Teller or El Paso? Teller County "additional charges will likely be filed"

El Paso County Sheriff is handling the TW case.
Teller Co is where DN got arrested in Woodland Park after the pawn shop visit. "Nations was charged with possession of a weapon by a previous offender after police found a hatchet and a .22 cal rifle in the sedan." (Source is KRDO link below)

Also link below has an updated timeline indicating Clear Creek Co wants him too: October 16- Nations appears in Teller County Court for the weapons charge resulting from his arrest in Woodland Park. We also learned that he has an outstanding warrant in Clear Creek County for false reporting. <BBM>
http://www.krdo.com/news/crime/el-paso-county-crime/timeline-the-daniel-nations-investigation/628191353

The Clear Creek Co incident happened in July when he gave LE false ID:
Court records show he was cited for giving police false information in Georgetown on July 18, just two days after Indiana state police released that sketch.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/28/daniel-nations-double-murder-indiana-el-paso-county/

I'm bringing my own post forward because I just found another statement about DN and Delphi area. Maybe since both articles are non-local to IN it's just author perspective (as in he was about 100 miles away vs 1000 so he was 'near' Delphi) but I still find it odd:

September 28, 2017 11:58 PM
Nations last known address is not far from where the girls were found.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/28/daniel-nations-double-murder-indiana-el-paso-county/

I might've stumbled onto something. Could be big or a big nothing burger. (I hope the source is ok, if not I understand if this gets deleted. An article about DN written by a former LEO from Casper, WY P.D. Written for LET. "Law Enforcement Today is a leading law enforcement community by law enforcement officials, for law enforcement officials." )

This caught my eye:
"What makes offender detection and apprehension difficult sometimes is a transient lifestyle with no settled roots. Family and friends are few and far between, or estranged altogether. In these brutal cases miles apart, Nation’s navigation from Indiana to Colorado and witness accounts of his presence near the wilderness areas where Watkins was found are evidence of opportunity and proximity. His police contacts and local problems show he was near the town of Delphi both before and after the homicides of the two teens."<BBM>

Say what??
This was published 9/29/17, the day IN LE arrived in CO to interview DN. It was also after IN LE asked CO LE not to give details. So I can't figure out if this is a slip that let a cat out of the bag or if it's just a matter of perspective to LE, the author's primary audience. By 'police contact' I thought maybe they could be referring to the weekly RSO check-ins in Morgan County. But 90-100 miles distance isn't generally viewed as "near" a location. Unless LE considers that distance near enough to move back and forth to commit a crime (yes IMHO).

But if that statement can be taken at face value, does that mean LE now has evidence placing DN near Delphi before and after 2/13, but can't yet place him at the actual crime scene? I've run through so many scenarios my head spins. Nothing works. I had a bunch of stuff typed but I'm just going to toss it out there instead, and see what you all think.
Maybe I'm reading too far into it but I'm very puzzled by that bolded comment in the article.
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/murder-suspect/

Does anyone have a link from LE, from back in the beginning, where they stated that Libby & Abby’s killer will kill again? I think LE said this at the first press conference? Anyway, my thinking is they know they are looking for an SK. Something at the crime scene must indicate that, maybe some kind of calling card? Not saying the “K” rumor is true at all, but SOMETHING led LE to say that.
IF DN is not BG, I think BG is a truck driver. I just can’t shake that feeling...
I will be moving soon to an area that is a short distance from a truck stop, gas station, hotels, etc. I will be requesting flyers so that I can post them at these establishments. Every time I drive there, 8 out of 10 semi’s are from Indiana....yes, I’ve been counting. I realize truck drivers come from everywhere, but I can’t help but to think BG is from IN. I still think BG has links to Delphi/surrounding areas, but no longer lives nearby.
One more thing & I have to say this because I understand what it’s like to go through trauma. I think KN has been traumatized by what DN has put her through. She has very little emotion when she talks about what has happened. It’s called detachment. As an example, I found my mother after she committed suicide. Every time I have had to talk about that day, my blood runs cold, I don’t cry, I talk in a matter of fact tone & detach myself from it, almost like it was happening to someone else. It’s been over 20 yrs & I still do that....I suffer from PTSD because of it. I just feel like KN is detaching herself from these events caused by DN & when you see her hearing about the “K” rumor, she gets emotional, it’s because it wasn’t done TO HER, but to a young girl (Libby).
Forgive me for rambling, I just had to get this out there... AJMOO

DN 's wife even thinks the sketch looks like him. With friends like that who needs enemies and who am i to argue with his wife. :thinking:

She's not the only one who had personal contact with him to say that.

&#8220;Suella Ferand worked on a farm in Morgan County with Daniel Nations for six months in late 2016 .....&#8230;&#8230;.

When asked if she thought Nations could be the one responsible for the Delphi murders she said, "Once I saw that on the news last night, I pulled up the picture and took the hat off of him and the way I knew him when I was working with him, it resembles him a lot. I then put on head phones and listened to the voice of down the hill and to me it could very well be him."

BBM

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36479071/daniel-nations

I'm bringing my own post forward because I just found another statement about DN and Delphi area. Maybe since both articles are non-local to IN it's just author perspective (as in he was about 100 miles away vs 1000 so he was 'near' Delphi) but I still find it odd:

September 28, 2017 11:58 PM
Nations last known address is not far from where the girls were found.

The Camby bridge is only 1 hr or so by bus to Lafayette and Zionsville is also only about 1 hour from Delphi so perhaps that is classed as "not far".

The Camby bridge is only 1 hr or so by bus to Lafayette and Zionsville is also only about 1 hour from Delphi so perhaps that is classed as "not far".
Yes, I'm thinking I'm reading too much into it !

Yes, I'm thinking I'm reading too much into it !

60 miles, Zionsville to Delphi. Several roads ( 421, 65, etc) to choose from.

But 65 has large truck stops in Whitestown and Lebanon, just north of Zionsville. Easy for a hitchhiker to grab a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd call that "not far."

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Can someone refresh my memory about where this witness saw the suspect?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Exact location was never provided. LE just stated something like "near the trail" iirc but they were close enough to know his eyes were "not blue".

I've lost track of why KN does not have her children. Is it because she missed the custody hearing? Or because of how they were living? TIA for clarifying.

I've lost track of why KN does not have her children. Is it because she missed the custody hearing? Or because of how they were living? TIA for clarifying.
We don't know for sure she hasn't got them do we?

Does anyone have a link from LE, from back in the beginning, where they stated that Libby & Abby’s killer will kill again? I think LE said this at the first press conference? Anyway, my thinking is they know they are looking for an SK. Something at the crime scene must indicate that, maybe some kind of calling card? Not saying the “K” rumor is true at all, but SOMETHING led LE to say that.
IF DN is not BG, I think BG is a truck driver. I just can’t shake that feeling...
I will be moving soon to an area that is a short distance from a truck stop, gas station, hotels, etc. I will be requesting flyers so that I can post them at these establishments. Every time I drive there, 8 out of 10 semi’s are from Indiana....yes, I’ve been counting. I realize truck drivers come from everywhere, but I can’t help but to think BG is from IN. I still think BG has links to Delphi/surrounding areas, but no longer lives nearby.
One more thing & I have to say this because I understand what it’s like to go through trauma. I think KN has been traumatized by what DN has put her through. She has very little emotion when she talks about what has happened. It’s called detachment. As an example, I found my mother after she committed suicide. Every time I have had to talk about that day, my blood runs cold, I don’t cry, I talk in a matter of fact tone & detach myself from it, almost like it was happening to someone else. It’s been over 20 yrs & I still do that....I suffer from PTSD because of it. I just feel like KN is detaching herself from these events caused by DN & when you see her hearing about the “K” rumor, she gets emotional, it’s because it wasn’t done TO HER, but to a young girl (Libby).
Forgive me for rambling, I just had to get this out there... AJMOO
In the media thread there is a transcript of Sgt Holman's August statement where he states (paraphrase) next time " it could be your sister or mother, brother or uncle" is that the statement you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284