IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for you long-time sleuthers: Is it common for LE to seal all records, like Ives has done with Delphi (did he seal the Flora records, too?)?

Protecting the integrity of the case, as well as guarding against false confessions, has been brought up so many times... I decided to do some research a few months ago on false confessions. There haven't been that many; it seems that the majority of them were due to police tactics and the installation of cameras during interrogations mostly put an end to that.

So, what other reasons would cause someone to falsely confess in a double homicide? Someone protecting someone? Someone intimidating someone into falsely confessing? What else?

Has anyone researched the Flora murders?

Falsely blaming someone else for personal reasons.
I can't think of when LE has mentioned it but here have been statements with reference to people sending in tips on people they had disputes with. Even one LE official was called in as a tip because he "knew too much".

I have a question for you long-time sleuthers: Is it common for LE to seal all records, like Ives has done with Delphi (did he seal the Flora records, too?)?

Protecting the integrity of the case, as well as guarding against false confessions, has been brought up so many times... I decided to do some research a few months ago on false confessions. There haven't been that many; it seems that the majority of them were due to police tactics and the installation of cameras during interrogations mostly put an end to that.

So, what other reasons would cause someone to falsely confess in a double homicide? Someone protecting someone? Someone intimidating someone into falsely confessing? What else?

I have wondered if the increase in "internet detectives" makes LE keeps evidence more closely guarded. Any little piece of evidence released to the public sends amateur sleuths on the hunt....which may not always be helpful, and can actually be harmful to the case and to individuals falsely accused. (Always grateful for the high-standards that are enforced here on WS!)

This is pure guesswork - I have no info to back that up.

jmo

JMO...

Some people want their 15 minutes of fame.

Some people already incarcerated (NOT talking about DN or RL here) want to say they committed a crime to negotiate a lighter sentence. IE: I’ll tell you all about X if you take the death penalty off the table.

JMO.

If LE doesn't think that DN is the likely suspect, and if they still want help/tips from the public,
I wish they would do something to increase interest in the case. I feel like a lot of people have lost motivation because they think LE probably has their suspect (DN). I'm concerned the case is becoming stagnant.

I would also like to see someone ask LE some fresh questions in a future interview. Like do they know what the white "thing" is on the neck area in the BG pic? Ive spent a lot of time trying to figure out what that is... maybe they already know. Have been any significant discoveries in the case since early on? Questions like that. I guess I just wish something "new" would happen. I think I'm starting to lose hope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So now what?

So now ...... nothing. It seems LE is in wait mode for something to land in their lap. Unless Abby and Libby's killer strikes again and is caught red-handed, I don't see any significant movement. This makes me sad.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know, I might be alone here but IF DN is BG, I feel that break is coming and it might come from out of CO, they just need time to put puzzle pieces together & go through the judicial system. Again, it's just a hunch, and could be way off base. But I check regularly for any news on the TW murder (9/14) and missing Micah Lambert (last seen 9/23), both incidents happened in close proximity to where DN was known to have been and where he was later arrested on 9/25. Too many coincidences in both those cases for me. Indiana LE had asked CO LE not to share further info about DN. But the other two cases have gone silent as well, there's been nothing in MSM that I can find since shortly after DN's arrest. Taken as a whole, it all seems very hush-hush. So the coincidental silence on those two other cases makes me wonder if they're looking very closely at this guy. I also add statements made by his wife to the mix. But again, JMHO.

Jacqueline Kirby with The El Paso County, Colorado Sheriff's Office told the station there are "similarities" in the cases and didn't rule out a possible connection, but said officials in Indiana have asked them not to release further information.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police...lo-hatchet-suspect-linked-to-slain-ind-girls/

I can't help but hear our Late Great Foxfire's words in the back of my mind...

Is LE best utilizing their most valuable tool, the public?

So can we assume the hatchet and gun(s) didn't produce a match?

Can we assume there has been no DNA match?

Can we assume LE has no concrete evidence to tie DN to the murders of Abby and Libby?

So can we assume the hatchet and gun(s) didn't produce a match?

Can we assume there has been no DNA match?

Can we assume LE has no concrete evidence to tie DN to the murders of Abby and Libby?

I won't make any assumptions, but I will ponder. LE is so quiet, causing us to try to put the puzzle together with assumptions. I want the facts. When we have them it will all fit like a glove. Can't wait!

Just to share again.

Nothing is planned or happening anytime soon unless there is a BREAK in the case. That is stating they have nothing and no one.

It's clear they are not retiring to make way for a new attorney when it's said that they wouldn't resign if it was the situation.

As as much as we wish they caught the perp, we all do, we cannot alter information to suit our narratives we invent.

I wish they they had the guy, I'm worried and pissed they haven't. I have an extremely beautiful young daughter I need to protect and it's not a freaking game.
Respectfully, it doesn't exactly say they have nothing or noone, but that no charges are imminent unless something breaks, so IMO you can still have a little hope. If he is willing to rescind his resignation with just one phone call, there is still hope something may break. It is depressing and worrying, that's for sure but don't give up on that hope.

I don't know, I might be alone here but IF DN is BG, I feel that break is coming and it might come from out of CO, they just need time to put puzzle pieces together & go through the judicial system. Again, it's just a hunch, and could be way off base. But I check regularly for any news on the TW murder (9/14) and missing Micah Lambert (last seen 9/23), both incidents happened in close proximity to where DN was known to have been and where he was later arrested on 9/25. Too many coincidences in both those cases for me. Indiana LE had asked CO LE not to share further info about DN. But the other two cases have gone silent as well, there's been nothing in MSM that I can find since shortly after DN's arrest. Taken as a whole, it all seems very hush-hush. So the coincidental silence on those two other cases makes me wonder if they're looking very closely at this guy. I also add statements made by his wife to the mix. But again, JMHO.

Jacqueline Kirby with The El Paso County, Colorado Sheriff's Office told the station there are "similarities" in the cases and didn't rule out a possible connection, but said officials in Indiana have asked them not to release further information.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police...lo-hatchet-suspect-linked-to-slain-ind-girls/
I too have been checking for news on those two cases and you're right, nothing. The silence is deafening from both Co and In. Margarita has asked about the hatchet and the gun and it is making me think. Do Co need a conviction on the access to the weapons first, BEFORE they even think about the TW murder? If he gets off on these weapons charges then they can't charge him with the TW murder can they?
Remember it wasn't his gun and was in the boot and was generally left with KN for protection. What if he is found innocent of these initial charges? What then?

I have wondered if the increase in "internet detectives" makes LE keeps evidence more closely guarded. Any little piece of evidence released to the public sends amateur sleuths on the hunt....which may not always be helpful, and can actually be harmful to the case and to individuals falsely accused. (Always grateful for the high-standards that are enforced here on WS!)

This is pure guesswork - I have no info to back that up.

jmo

Yes, I believe this is true. When LE releases any information to the public, they may get a barrage of questions which:

a)they cannot answer due to possibly compromising the investigation,

and/or

b)they waste valuable time responding to said questions.

There is such a thing as too much information.

JMVHO

Yes, I believe this is true. When LE releases any information to the public, they may get a barrage of questions which

a)they cannot answer due to possibly compromising the investigation,

and/or

b)they waste valuable time responding to said questions.

There is such a thing as too much information.

JMVHO
The 24, 000 tips are a good example of this. It bogs down the investigation and wastes valuable time.

Absolutely!! Way way way back when~~when I first started following this case~~my first post, I noticed a guy in the background of a live stream Yolanda Cruz was doing at the time of the girls funeral services. The guy was in a red hoodie. I believe the sketch came from that video. I believe that is why the ears were also a guess. The guy was holding something~~not sure what it was~~bow for a bow and arrow~~or fishing pole. I believe that is the perp in this case.

wow, Big City, I never knew about this..makes total sense. TOTAL SENSE...I totally believe this killer likes to be on the scene..wants to observe, see the stress and anxiety and fear ..see the scrambling..the guns out , the lights flashing , crime scene tape, road blocks, sad detectives, hysterical family members, gapers...

all for him.

MOO

Don't LE still have the nations car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anybody tell me (without doing a search), what date the PA is retiring? Tia

I agree!

BBM - So glad to see that you and Shire are both watching for info on TW and Micah Lambert. I'm still stunned that LE called the search for ML off after only one week. I've had my fingers crossed that a hunter will find her.

Thanks kizzykat, this is a good post, and it gives me a little hope. Could there be room for doubt?

I've been 50/50 on the DN fence for a long time. I've thought LE was slowly building their case. No matter what LE said in interviews, I sat firmly on that fence.

The recent statements though by Ives, the resigning prosecutor, have pushed me completely off. I'm convinced now they have nothing on DN.

Even if Ives was focused on maintaining the privacy of the investigation, I don't see how he could make those particular statements if LE had anything solid.

Imo, Ives's statements leave no room for a different interpretation.

Could this still be part of the LE game plan for protecting the investigation? Would they go this far? To those lengths?

Don't think so myself.

Your post reminds me though that we still don't know anything for certain. It really is just conjecture, and could all change in an instant.

If it does turn out that you are correct about DN, I will gladly eat crow.

I want to add too how much I enjoy your posts. They are well thought out and informative.

So please stick around, and don't go anywhere!

We need your voice...

Imo the PA is almost certainly retiring for whatever reasons he expressed, but a part of me is wondering if he had been encouraged to retire. I'm really grasping at straws now...

O/T - Thanks, Cath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member