IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So any news on the court hearings today?? I believe it happened about an hour ago.

TIA!

I think it's happening now. Wasn't it scheduled for 11:00 CO time?

So any news on the court hearings today?? I believe it happened about an hour ago.

TIA!

I've heard nothing. Since DN was scheduled for four Hearings today, they're probably not yet finished.

If/when they are finished, it's still possible we will hear nothing. Grrh

I don't know if that trend is due to a lack of interest on the part of media or if it has something to do with a gag order...idk.

Actually they don't have to prove he had the gun in his hand, they just have to prove he had access to it at the time of his arrest. The gun being in the car he was traveling in, in an unlocked trunk is enough! Unless he gun is locked in a safe box, and someone else has the keys, it is considered to be assessable to him. No ifs, ands or buts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's what they have to prove. We have seen the rope on the trunk but we don't how long it had been like that or if the gun was in the trunk that day or not or if indeed the rope was holding the boot shut. It may have been holding the bumper on for all we know. Trouble is also that KN has given us a couple of versions of various things. And she said when he had the keys to go off to look for new camp sites she usually kept the gun for protection. So it isn't cut and dried till the prosecution have proved their case. IMO

4th Judicial DA
@4thJudicialDA
·
3h
Preliminary Hearing for Daniel James Nations is set for 11 this morning in Div. 17. #2017CR5737, 2017CR5555 Plea Hearing: 2017CR228 Disposition Hearing: 2017M6019

Hopefully we will know more soon.

As I understand it that is the case if he wants to own a firearm. In this case they have to prove he had possession of KN's firearm. They could only prove that if he had been seen with it or his fingerprints or DNA were on it or on the bullets or if KN testifies he had possession of it etc - I think that may be difficult. MOO of course, but we shall see how it progresses anyway, which is interesting of itself, without even considering the TW and Delphi murders.

Just a note: DA doesn't need to prove possession - only access.
Even though there were living in a car, the same rules as a house will apply. The question will be 'did the felon have access." locked gun cabinet with no key or combo = no access. But KN has already said he had access in the interview she gave AS/MS, so its pretty much a done deal on that.

Hatchets are different in that they are also a common tool - but DN has used hatchets for intimidation in Indiana on multiple occasions, so it wont be hard to establish that uses hatchets as a weapon.

DN was well aware of the weapons rules, he got rid of his shotgun to comply early on with KN.

Even though there were living in a car, the same rules as a house will apply. The question will be 'did the felon have access." locked gun cabinet with no key or combo = no access. But KN has already said he had access in the interview she gave AS/MS, so its pretty much a done deal on that.

Hatchets are different in that they are also a common tool - but DN has used hatchets for intimidation in Indiana on multiple occasions, so it wont be hard to establish that uses hatchets as a weapon.

DN was well aware of the weapons rules, he got rid of his shotgun to comply early on with KN.

I absolutely agree. He has a history. This is not his first offense, and the charges against him are piling up. If he is guilty of murder, I hope they can get him soon!

A drifter accused of brandishing a hatchet during a confrontation on Mount Herman near Monument in the days before a local mountain biker was shot to death there waived an evidentiary hearing on Wednesday.

Daniel J. Nations' decision to forgo a preliminary hearing on charges of menacing and first-degree trespassing, both felonies, may be a sign that a plea deal is in the works on those charges.

Nations, 32, drew widespread attention after his arrest because his allegedly threatening behavior came about two weeks before the disappearance of Palmer Lake cyclist Timothy Watkins, who was found shot to death Sept. 17.

http://gazette.com/mount-herman-hatchet-suspect-waives-key-court-hearing/article/1616208

This is simply one of my own theories, based on research I have done on the case, the people I have spoken to, and the various information I have gleaned from this thread and other sources that we are not allowed to reference. It is also based on my 15+ years of working with crime from a professional research standpoint. Others have posted their theories about what happened that day and who BG is, this is mine. You may or may not agree.

There are MANY cases in which LE knows who the perp is but is unable to make an arrest due to lack of evidence. The town knows it, the victims' families know it, LE knows it, and the perps know that everyone knows it's them, but an arrest remains elusive. After years of being a ghostwriter for true crime books and working extensively with information from cases that involve both missing persons and murdered victims, I have seen this time and time again. This website is full of threads with such cases. One of the things that pops up regularly is the fact that, when LE is aware of the perp's identity, the please for public assistance dwindles. When the known perp is either arrested or dead, the pleas and updates come to a near standstill. It is no longer necessary to "warn" the public or invest money in finding the perp because they know who it is and they know that the person can no longer commit any further crimes.

In my own town, we had a young teenage girl go out for a walk on a trail in the woods and get murdered in circumstances VERY similar to Abby and Libby. For the first 6-9 months, there were regular press conferences and updates from LE.The public was made aware of every little thing going on with the case. There were pleas for help from the public, sketches released, etc. Most of all, there were warnings issued from LE about the trail, going out alone, etc. Then town gossip started. People began talking and speculating. Pretty soon, it became evident that most people in town were pretty much in agreement on who did it and why. Get one of our local police officers alone and in conversation and they'd agree as well. It was only talk, however. There was no hard evidence to support any of it. The guy who everyone suspected was in an accident and laid up in the hospital for months. The press releases stopped. No more updates. The case quietly went away. The man never fully recovered from his accident and wound up spending the next 15 years in a nursing home. He confessed to the crime on his deathbed.

That case, Loretta W., doesn't have a thread on here. Brookelyn Farthing's does, however, and that's linked to in my signature. We are seeing something similar with it. That local case got national attention but all the updates and warnings came to a sudden stop. A young, pretty teenage girl goes missing at a party and nobody is worried that it will happen to anyone else? The police aren't warning others to take precautions against the same fate? No, these are not concerns in our county-either from the local citizens or from LE.

I can't prove that LE has a good idea of who BG is or that he is incapacitated anymore than anyone else here can prove that he's DN or homeless or a serial killer. But, in sharing ideas, I think mine is probably as valid as anyone else's.

Do you think he died within the past 2 months?

A drifter accused of brandishing a hatchet during a confrontation on Mount Herman near Monument in the days before a local mountain biker was shot to death there waived an evidentiary hearing on Wednesday.

Daniel J. Nations' decision to forgo a preliminary hearing on charges of menacing and first-degree trespassing, both felonies, may be a sign that a plea deal is in the works on those charges.

Nations, 32, drew widespread attention after his arrest because his allegedly threatening behavior came about two weeks before the disappearance of Palmer Lake cyclist Timothy Watkins, who was found shot to death Sept. 17.

http://gazette.com/mount-herman-hatchet-suspect-waives-key-court-hearing/article/1616208

Thank you gregjrichards.

It also states this:

Authorities haven't linked him to Watkins' killing. Indiana State Police previously identified him as a person of interest in the killings of two teenage girls in Delphi, Ind., though the agency, which sent investigators to Colorado, later announced they had no evidence against him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He Waived???? wth...is there any news on TW? Micah Lambert? Im gonna go look.... UGH

Update ( Nothing in the way of any kind of news )

Thank you gregjrichards.

It also states this:

Authorities haven't linked him to Watkins' killing. Indiana State Police previously identified him as a person of interest in the killings of two teenage girls in Delphi, Ind., though the agency, which sent investigators to Colorado, later announced they had no evidence against him.

Well, thats disheartening. Is anyone else feeling like it is remarkably easy to commit murder and get away with it?

My points are it doesn't matter what KN said in her media interviews because she has to say it in court under oath.
Not surprised at the waiving of the evidentiary hearing and wonder what any plea deal might involve. Any ideas?

This is how it went with RL. He did a plea deal and that was that. Perhaps this will go the same way and we will hear nothing else.

Does it mean he will come back to Indiana for those outstanding warrants?

Thank you gregjrichards.

It also states this:

(sigh) Putting on "patience hat" again!

So if there's a plea deal, he's going to plead guilty to something in exchange for getting a lighter sentence on all charges, or some of the other charges being dropped? What's his bargaining power, I guess is what I'm wondering. Which charge would they reduce or drop?

Well, thats disheartening. Is anyone else feeling like it is remarkably easy to commit murder and get away with it?

Kn has been playing her cards close to the vest, in case he gets out imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons