IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the killer helped in the search(es) for the girls?

Yes I believe he was present during the searching, indirectly if that makes sense. He was bold enough to let himself be seen at a distance just long enough so people would identify him as a fellow searcher and good samaritan. That's why pray to God they have surveillance in place. He has and will return.

Can someone point me to where this is coming from, as in which video? I've watched the Dr. Phil video and did not hear it there.

At the very end, the detective kind of spelled out what type of 'tip' they are wanting to hear.

He was saying that [ paraphrasing] someone was talking to this man last night, and knows him well, and that person needs to do the right thing and call it in.

Can someone point me to where this is coming from, as in which video? I've watched the Dr. Phil video and did not hear it there.

At the very end, the detective kind of spelled out what type of 'tip' they are wanting to hear.

He was saying that [ paraphrasing] someone was talking to this man last night, and knows him well, and that person needs to do the right thing and call it in.

I believe he ment it is a good possibility someone has unknowingly seen or spoken to the killer.

Yes the "someone was talking to this man last night" comment. Weird. They don't think he's a deadbeat loner then, I thought that was strange. Does that also mean he could or couldn't be in custody? Do they watch Dr.Phil in jail and would DN have a cellmate?
The Denver link upthread states LE have not ruled DN out as a suspect. So who are LE appealing to? Why do they need more POI's or is this directed at people who have already called in or they want corroboration? Why is everything so cryptic from LE?
Why would they still be in CO if he isn't a main POI. Word from the local force is LE has been tighted lipped, even within the force, since arriving in CO.

And if this is is their man, he's already behind bars, so where is the hurry to move forward publicly?

Maybe they want to do this to the absolute letter of the law to ensure conviction. I don't know why that would take TWO months, however.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

There are a few of you on here that are hitting this right on the head, not because it is my personal theory, but if we actually ignore each other's theories and listen to the audio and look at the video, it very clear these girls (in the beginning) felt semi-comfortable with this man and his voice almost shows a familiarity with the the girls, meaning he was familiar with them as if they have ment before or very possibly knew them.
It was pointed out in an earlier post that "it felt like they were directing these pleas towards a certain person". They are, they know who this person is, just not where. That's why I believe this man had past ties with the community in some way. I have a strong feeling that this man had previous knowledge of this family via a family friend or a relative ect. I strongly believe atleast one of the girls had mentioned a previous encounter with this man to an adult possibly even a parent, but was more than likely brushed off because this man was "kinda" known to them. Yes that sounds absolutely ridiculous, but if he was known as a shirt tail relative to one of the locals or just a seemingly nice guy people have bumped into on occasion in town, the girl saying she seen him in the trails probably wouldn't of raised any concerns with the parents. A huge statement was made in a post here, that the Father could be the positive identifier of the man..Bingo!. I could see the the shame and embarrassment in his face aswel as the Police Officer, they brushed shoulders with him on the trail system.
It is no fault of the Father, he was in "find mode" and everything else just didn't matter a that time.
So the eye witness who aided in the creation of the sketch was possibly dad.

Are there Trail-Cams in place now if anyone knows? I'm not taking anything away from LE, but if they don't have some kind surveillance in place, they are way over confident or know they no longer need it which would mean what?

Delphi Trail Safety Task Force celebrated a big milestone Monday morning. Members gathered to accept $50,000 grant from the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority, bringing the total amount raised to $176,258.

The money will pay for new lights, cameras, trail markers and Wi-Fi connections along the city's 10-plus miles of trails.

"It's been an amazing experience to see good trump evil and I thank our partners here today and those who couldn't make it," said Delphi Mayor Shane Evans.

Continued (cut for copyright rule compliance)

RELATED: Delphi task force reaches out for donations
Adams said trail markers will be placed every tenth of a mile along each trail, starting as early as next week.

https://www.wthr.com/article/delphi-task-force-exceeds-fundraising-goal-for-improving-trail-safety

According to this article the improvements were due to start in late August I don’t know if the cameras are up yet though.

Affirmative, or anyone else who may have run into this man and not known it was the killer until after the fact.

Affirmative, or anyone else who may have run into this man and not known it was the killer until after the fact.
Woops, I think you are referring to Grandpa (Mike.) Libby lived with her grandparents and they were the ones on the show.

It is odd how her parents are completely missing from all of this.

Delphi Trail Safety Task Force celebrated a big milestone Monday morning. Members gathered to accept $50,000 grant from the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority, bringing the total amount raised to $176,258.

The money will pay for new lights, cameras, trail markers and Wi-Fi connections along the city's 10-plus miles of trails.

"It's been an amazing experience to see good trump evil and I thank our partners here today and those who couldn't make it," said Delphi Mayor Shane Evans.

Continued (cut for copyright rule compliance)

RELATED: Delphi task force reaches out for donations
Adams said trail markers will be placed every tenth of a mile along each trail, starting as early as next week.

https://www.wthr.com/article/delphi-task-force-exceeds-fundraising-goal-for-improving-trail-safety

According to this article the improvements were due to start in late August I don’t know if the cameras are up yet though.

Thank you, that's great ! It's never to late so hopefully sooner than later.

Woops, I think you are referring to Grandpa (Mike.) Libby lived with her grandparents and they were the ones on the show.

It is odd how her parents are completely missing from all of this.

My apologies, yes you are correct the Grandfather and the parents absence is baffling.

I have a hard time believing this, simply because when the sketch came out, LE said that it had taken a few months for the witness to come forward. Why would it have taken that long if it was a close relative? Isn't that something they would've done, like, ASAP?

I have a hard time believing this, simply because when the sketch came out, LE said that it had taken a few months for the witness to come forward. Why would it have taken that long if it was a close relative? Isn't that something they would've done, like, ASAP?

It should of been top priority without a doubt, but as impossibly ridiculous as it may sound I believe embarrassment and feeling like a fool played a big factor in the time gap.
Personal example: When my property was vandalize I literally passed the two people on our rural gravel road and said to myself "they looked familiar, but haven't ever seen them this far out before". So I stupidly never put them into the equation until the Duh Bell went off. Well I was embarrassed and felt like a total fool, especially with my training.

Hope that made sense.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with that line of thought. The sketch wasn't released till 5 months later. This is the reason LE gave:

Dated July 17th:
"Riley said the witness who saw the suspect was close enough to him to say that he did not have blue eyes, but was uncertain of his eye color. Riley said fear may have played a role in the witness' decision not to come forward sooner with a description of the suspect. "People are scared. They're scared to be recognized by the subject. It just takes a while for these things to happen," he said."
Source: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/17/indiana-police-to-release-new-evidence-in-killing-2-teens.html

Also, in a press conference when the sketch was released, ISP Riley slipped a couple times and said "she" before correcting himself when referring to the witness. Video below is not full press conference, but it includes these 'slips'. He does it 3 times between 1:07 and 1:15 mark.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/composite-sketch-released-killings-indiana-teens-48683961

In this clip from Dr. Phil, beginning 1:28 mark, MP refers to a single eyewitness, one person, who saw him "leaving that area around that time that day".
https://www.drphil.com/videos/murde...arch-efforts-the-day-their-teens-disappeared/

I always concluded the "she" witness was an adult female. I also was under the impression the trail was fairly quiet that day, making it feel more isolated. However, after watching Dr Phil and hearing Abby's mom say that there were a lot of kids on the trail that day (but Libby & Abby were there in a lull) and that they had spoken to many of them, I'm wondering if this female witness was another teen and because of what happened to the girls she was terrified to speak up. I can envision this much more readily now vs an adult female witness holding out so long. MOO

I didn't watch the videos, I watched it on TV. ISP Supt Doug Carter made the statement near the end of the show, around the same time Dr Phil was displaying the tip line phone # and also mentioning the # could be found on his facebook or website.

No trail cams at all near the bridge.

Hi her,

I know that. But the image was originally reported as such. Possibly to mask the fact there was cell phone footage and then LE decided to let the fact there was cell phone footage be revealed. From the beginning I thought it was strange to say “trail cam” and then admit to “cell phone video”. LE must have had a reason.

Why would they still be in CO if he isn't a main POI. Word from the local force is LE has been tighted lipped, even within the force, since arriving in CO.

And if this is is their man, he's already behind bars, so where is the hurry to move forward publicly?

Maybe they want to do this to the absolute letter of the law to ensure conviction. I don't know why that would take TWO months, however.

We all know the hand of justice is not always as swift as we'd like.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

I'm still wondering if BG hid the girls in a structure or took them away somewhere, then helped with the search, knowing when it was called off that night. Iirc they were searching for alive teens, possibly hurt or lost that night. Then, when he knew it was called off till morning, he took them back, killed them and buried them under leaves. I would suspect their shoes were found not on them. If only shoes were found off of their feet, then people would know something must have gone terribly wrong cuz who would run around in the middle of a cold night without their shoes? I think that's why it was asked what color her shoes were, to identify that they were hers, but not because they were on a body.

Just a thought but you usually have to take your shoes off to take your pants off...especially with the skinny jeans A was wearing in the picture on the bridge. IMOO

I watched the show but may have missed a few minutes. I don't recall seeing these mentioned at all can anyone confirm 1. Any reference at all to DNA. 2. The reward offered. 3. The country wide net originally cast via all those billboards. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my recollect -
1. No reference to DNA or for that matter was anything relating to LE's investigation. But then Dr Phil is different than an investigative documentary type show.
2. I didn't notice the reward being mentioned either. Maybe that's because the intent of the show was a personal appeal to provide closure on an emotional level considering the obvious heartbreak of the families, as opposed to motivation for financial gain.
3. No same as #1.

Yes I believe he was present during the searching, indirectly if that makes sense. He was bold enough to let himself be seen at a distance just long enough so people would identify him as a fellow searcher and good samaritan. That's why pray to God they have surveillance in place. He has and will return.

So, you do not think the killer is in custody. Not DN? Do you think the killer has also returned after the girls were found? Why do you think he will return? tia

Just a thought but you usually have to take your shoes off to take your pants off...especially with the skinny jeans A was wearing in the picture on the bridge. IMOO

Was it stated a loose shoe was found first? I certainly don't recall that. My recollect was one of the searchers asked the sister what colour of shoes Libby wore to assist in identifying the bodies that were found were indeed that of the two girls. Did I miss something?

ETA: Further, it was my impression the question was asked by the searcher to prevent the sister from involvement in the utterly traumatic act of personally viewing the dead bodies. There was absolutely no insinuation the shoe colour was evidence of sexual assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay