IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to hear this. Very unfortunate thing to have happen.

This kind of information about the bridge though has never come up from a verifiable source yet thus remains rumor.

Aw... thanks for a reminder of the rules. It’s what keep this site legitimate. Lana, if you have a media link, it’s allowed here, but not your personal experience. Glad to hear your sister is doing better.

"Locals who are describing the area or are members of the gyms and that sort of thing do not need to be verified."

^^Quote directly from the rules.
Hope this helps
We also have another local who has given valuable information regarding the bridge and area around it.

That’s pretty much all I can make of it too, from the evidence we have- it was some random sicko. Since it seems, IMO, to be random, I am not sure his plans were detailed enough to get them to a car, especially on that end of the bridge. He might have been that delusional, though. That would not be good planning, to be honest. I have this feeling he wanted the assault to happen under the bridge, but his plans were thwarted. Mostly, we agree, though. I think this guy is not that smart, but has been lucky.

Yes Jabarn, we seem to be on the same wavelength. I definitely agree with you that BG is not that smart, but has been lucky to not be caught--yet. Some people strongly feel that he is an experienced, cunning killer (and no disrespect to anyone's opinion) but I think he is quite sloppy and disorganized. He made so many 'mistakes': he allowed himself to be seen (face-to-face interaction) by at least one witness; he committed a crime in a public area in the middle of the day; he allowed his victims to video his image and record his voice (and maybe even the whole abduction); he did not take/break/dispose of Libby's phone which contained evidence; and then he left the girls bodies in such a manner that they were found less than 24 hours after they went missing (which gives LE a lot more information and the opportunity to collect DNA).

I'm guessing that LE already have the identity of BG on their radar (he is probably one of many POIs) but that someone gave him a false alibi which is confounding the investigation.

Aw... thanks for a reminder of the rules. It’s what keep this site legitimate. Lana, if you have a media link, it’s allowed here, but not your personal experience. Glad to hear your sister is doing better.

thanks and i understand i will zip it ☺

Can someone remind me...if the girls hadn’t run into BG, would they have had to cross back over the bridge to get back to where they were being picked up?

Can someone remind me...if the girls hadn’t run into BG, would they have had to cross back over the bridge to get back to where they were being picked up?

No but it would have been faster.

Well what is LE's next step? How do they weed them out? I keep asking but nobody is saying how they get their haystack down to the one needle if they have no usable DNA.

ISP is need of that one phone call or email that will have the information leading up to the arrest of BG and or others. If you know anything about these murders you owe it to humanity to call and tell the police of anything you might have knowledge of no matter how small you may think it is. Be brave, dial the number and call LE anywhere.

I am also having a hard time figuring out what the motive was. I am less inclined to think abduction because there were 2 of them, seems like more could go wrong and in general harder to control if one decided to run for help or scream.

Once he had them and even if they did try to run away across the river, why not just let them go if they had no idea who he was? A lot of times they kill because the victim could identify them, if the girls had no idea who this creepy guy was and BG was unaware of any video, why not just let them go and get the heck out of there?

Seems particularly odd that he would stop right there and kill them.

Has anyone provided an image from the end of the bridge before the down the hill looking across to where they were found? The eye can actually see quite a distance when no leaves are on the trees, etc. And then the other path opposite the crime scene that follows along the river even closer. Quite the risk to do everything right in that spot.

Regarding taking them across the river...the only reason I would see is if he were taking them to a waiting vehicle on that side where he wouldn’t come in contact anyone else with wet clothing, etc. But again, why stop and kill them where he did?

I am also having a hard time figuring out what the motive was. I am less inclined to think abduction because there were 2 of them, seems like more could go wrong.

Once he had them and even if they did try to run away across the river, why not just let them go if they had no idea who he was? A lot of times they kill because the victim could identify them, if the girls had no idea who this creepy guy was and BG was unaware of any video, why not just let them go and get the heck out of there?

Seem particularly odd that he would stop right there and kill them.

Has anyone provided an image from the end of the bridge before the down the hill looking across to where they were found? And then the other path that follows along the river even closer. Quite the risk to do everything right in that spot.

Regarding taking them across the river...the only reason I would see is if he were taking them to a waiting vehicle on that side where he wouldn’t come in contact anyone else. But again, why stop and kill them where he did?

Good thoughts.

All I can make of it is developing a certain understanding of the killer, and how he might be so bold in one moment, and panic in another.

I truly don’t see a car being involved, but it has been brought up so many times here, I don’t rule it out, either.

I think he acted impulsively. He saw them and decided to make a move. A very dumb idea, but being his likely motivation was (IMO) related to a certain perversion, he made the choice to get on the bridge.

He did not commit the perfect crime. Like hockey mom pointed out, he made so many mistakes.

I think investigators need to go back out and examine any potential hiding spots, because something was missed.

To try to clarify about local gossip ...

Local gossip and local geography are two very different things. As a local, it is okay to describe the area (i.e. the bridge) and what you've known about it through your own experience (i.e. lots of drugs in town, bridge is a scary place, the water is deep, it's a 2 mile walk, etc etc). It is NOT okay to hint or say what you've heard about individuals (i.e. to the effect "Joe Public, so and so's uncle used to be out there all the time selling drugs to the teens in town" or "I know about so and so because I live there, but I can't tell you about her/him/it", etc.).

Hope that helps. If it is not clear, PM me or any Mod/Admin for clarification but let's keep on-topic with discussing the actual case instead of all The Rules or moderation.

:wave:

I believe the witness time frame is probably pretty relevant. My main reason for finding the 41 minutes pretty solid to go by is because of the unanswered phone call. It’s a better situation then anything else without twisting any facts to suit a theory I have yet to read here.

Yes I agree. If the video of BG almost at the end of the bridge was recorded at 2:30 it's also possible the perp was long gone before 3:11. But my point was until it's known what time were the sightings we're left to speculate about the timeframe.

Something crossed my mind.....perhaps it's been discussed already. With all of the coincidences of BG and DN being one and the same, DN chose to alleviate himself in a public restroom in front of 2 females! Maybe along with all the other coincidences, he also like to haves 2 females to be terrified/horrified!

I am also having a hard time figuring out what the motive was. I am less inclined to think abduction because there were 2 of them, seems like more could go wrong and in general harder to control if one decided to run for help or scream.

Seems particularly odd that he would stop right there and kill them.

Has anyone provided an image from the end of the bridge before the down the hill looking across to where they were found? The eye can actually see quite a distance when no leaves are on the trees, etc. And then the other path opposite the crime scene that follows along the river even closer. Quite the risk to do everything right in that spot.

Regarding taking them across the river...the only reason I would see is if he were taking them to a waiting vehicle on that side where he wouldn’t come in contact anyone else with wet clothing, etc. But again, why stop and kill them where he did?

Interesting to think about, what you've written. If an attempted abduction occured, why then murder if the girls didn't cooperate is a good question.

Just some scattered thoughts --
Fury and rage that things did not go as intended?
Fear that the girls would call 911 or reach out to others so the perp would get caught before he could flee? (silence the witness)
If it was in any way targeted for any reason, fear of others for failure to deliver, murder to prove aggression (ie gang related, human trafficking, etc)

im with u on this one. they actually call that "bob" bottom of bridge. thats the code name for the "people" that meet there.
imo

Are you talking about the Monon High bridge, or just all bridges in general?

I was wondering that as well. Because Monon High bridge is not the sort of bridge I'd expect people to hang out underneath. Anyone walking on the bridge can see underneath through the gaps in the old ties. No protection from rain or snow either as the top is not a solid platform.

Her personal experience was with the Monon High Bridge so I'm assuming she meant that bridge. We might never know for sure because she was told she was not allowed to talk about her experiences there. I think she left before she saw the admin's post permitting it.

Interesting to think about, what you've written. If an attempted abduction occured, why then murder if the girls didn't cooperate is a good question.

Just some scattered thoughts --
Fury and rage that things did not go as intended?
Fear that the girls would call 911 or reach out to others so the perp would get caught before he could flee? (silence the witness)
If it was in any way targeted for any reason, fear of others for failure to deliver, murder to prove aggression (ie gang related, human trafficking, etc)

I agree. Seems like it would have to be. The only other thing I could think of would be that they could possibly identify him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221