IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Misty, I believe there are a number of clues that LE has given and been missed by many.

I agree, clues are often overlooked if they don't fit the prevailing theory of the moment. Which brings me to something I was thinking about....

Just a general observation, as a broad group here we'd make terrible investigators in real life. Rather than examining the crime scene and the surroundings and allowing the evidence to lead to a possible and probable scenario and then a suspect, we pick a likely candidate (ie RL and DN) and force information about that person to fit the crime.

The reason of course is becuase we don't have a whole lot of information. My observation is not intended to be critical whatsoever, just more of a collective summary of discussions over the past months.

Misty, I believe there are a number of clues that LE has given and been missed by many.

I think that particular quote, with Holeman saying that he "still believes" that someone out there knows and won't come forward, solidifies my belief that DN is NOT involved. Because KN has been talking-she's been talking a lot. If there was anything there to implicate him, LE would have found it through her by this point.

I'm wondering if whoever was told/ there/saw/overheard anything about the crime, that won't come forward, can't or feels they can't, because they are criminals themselves and can't risk being exposed or can't risk exposing someone they are protecting.

That is actually something that wouldn't surprise me about DN-I wonder if he was involved with something else, and that's why he was vague about the OB visit. He can't say where he was, but he can't prove he wasn't in Delphi.

I've never heard of a mobile pot lab or why you would need a lab to grow pot. A mobile meth lab I have heard of and people are being busted for cooking meth in their cars now.

Yes, mobile meth labs are common. Mobile pot labs? Not so much. Pot growing is a pretty complicated endeavor and takes quite a bit of climate control. You can't just drag a wagon of it around with you. :)

I'm really curious as to DN being ruled out???Can you share where it says that DN was dropped as a potential suspect ? Because as of December 13, he was still a person of interest , although one of many, according to Indiana State Police. TIA

I guess I wasn’t clear - sorry - due to whatever evidence that the ISP indicated would be processed within a week of their visiting CO, it’s clear that it didn’t produce a positive definitive result that they hoped.
DN never rose above being a POI to being a “suspect” he is still a POI. ISP made a statement to the effect on Oct 13.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...lo-hatchet-suspect-linked-to-slain-ind-girls/

I am not convinced he is innocent - he has a lot of red flags, I easily found that he had a least a passing connection to the area.
If MHB is a local drug marketplace in addition to a being a community trail, even more reasons he would be familiar with MHB and that would be without “living under bridges.”

But the ISP doesn’t look to be interested further in him, though I agree It possibly could be a ruse to look like they are moving on. (A Hail Mary)
Indiana Packers employees and associates are within a country walk of MHB and apparently, sadly, doing drugs is a happening thing in rural areas right now.

Why was DN on the loose anyway? Both Indiana and South Carolina are three strike states. He must have a mighty “Opie” effect on judges and law enforcement.

I agree, clues are often overlooked if they don't fit the prevailing theory of the moment. Which brings me to something I was thinking about....

Just a general observation, as a broad group here we'd make terrible investigators in real life. Rather than examining the crime scene and the surroundings and allowing the evidence to lead to a possible and probable scenario and then a suspect, we pick a likely candidate (ie RL and DN) and force information about that person to fit the crime.

The reason of course is becuase we don't have a whole lot of information. My observation is not intended to be critical whatsoever, just more of a collective summary of discussions over the past months.

This is an excellent insight.

Can someone remind me...if the girls hadn’t run into BG, would they have had to cross back over the bridge to get back to where they were being picked up?

THIS is a great question, actually! What have you heard in response, please?

<Respectfully Snipped> I'm going to fall in the minority here but I'm going to say it anyway ... I believe in the pic of BG that he is holding his private part. Call me crazy but I can't unsee it. When I showed the picture to my husband a long time ago he said the same thing without me saying anything. I don't see a shirt tail hanging out. If it was it would match the color in the open area of his jacket. It does not. I don't think it's a fanny pack, or a hatchet, or a gun. I see a hand with his tally wacker in it. I saw this long before DN ever came into the picture so it's not based on that at all but it's funny that seems to be a hobby of his that get's him in trouble.<snipped>

The first time I studied BG's photo, I saw the giant hand you talking about. Have seen it many times since, but have to discount it each time as it's so out-of-proportion to the rest of his body.

However, back when we were discussing what it might have been about BG that made the girls uncomfortable/suspicious my guess was that BG was exposing himself to them. (And this too was long before we ever heard of DN.)

do you get 2 different messages out of these?

Yes, in law enforcement there is a difference between the terms "a suspect" and "a person of interest". It's worthwhile googling the terminology because the two are not necessarily interchangeable. A person of interest may become a suspect or may have information that could lead to the arrest of others. LE has referred to a POI as someone they were interested in talking to.

On November 30, I was getting my hair done in Lafayette. One of the stylists was born/raised in Delphi...still lives there with her husband. We started talking about the case, and she told me that LE was back at Indiana Packers interviewing third shift (which her husband works so that's firsthand information). Just FYI.

this should of been brought up long ago specific to the this case it would give a better perspective of the high bridge and possibly look in a different direction for a motive imo

The drug angle has been discussed here MANY times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The first time I studied BG's photo, I saw the giant hand you talking about. Have seen it many times since, but have to discount it each time as it's so out-of-proportion to the rest of his body.

However, back when we were discussing what it might have been about BG that made the girls uncomfortable/suspicious my guess was that BG was exposing himself to them. (And this too was long before we ever heard of DN.)

Same here. And, if that were the case, is that the reason for the pic? That was one of my firsts thoughts as to why the pic was taken. And if so, what was their reaction? I think it would have scared me at that age. It happened to me in a parking lot when I was a young adult and it really shook me up! Of course, the guy had to say something sexual to me too. Anyway, I just kept passing him, hoping to get out of the situation. Of course if I would have been with another person I would have felt less threatened. We don't know at this time if anything like this happened, but it's interesting that several of us had wondered about this, prior to any mention of DN.

Yes, in law enforcement there is a difference between the terms "a suspect" and "a person of interest". It's worthwhile googling the terminology because the two are not necessarily interchangeable. A person of interest may become a suspect or may have information that could lead to the arrest of others. LE has referred to a POI as someone they were interested in talking to.

I'm very aware there is a difference between a POI and a suspect. Always have been. I have a background in law, have worked in law offices prior, with discovery on cases. Also, I think most of us here know the difference. But thanks!

Lord yes i will be happy to! have to finish up breakfast for residents now but will respond right after. as a reminder im not a local of Delphi im an hour drive away but was born in Indiana. i have been to the high bridge a thousand times though so i do know the area.

Why have you been to the Monon High Bridge a thousand times? That’s 2000 hours of driving. Not trying to be snarky or coy, just wondering why someone an hour away would frequent the bridge so often. How did you know of it?

Wait, what? He’s a suspect now? That’s news to me, or is that just a rumor?

DN has been neither included or excluded as a suspect per LE. Snark not necessary.

Can someone remind me...if the girls hadn’t run into BG, would they have had to cross back over the bridge to get back to where they were being picked up?

If I understand correctly, the most logical way to return for pick up would have been back across the bridge. All other routes would either require crossing the frigid creek or be too far to walk.

moo

Funnily enough, I keep discounting it but I see it. The difference being I see a cigarette in his hand every time I look at it all I see is a huge hand and what looks like a cigarette.

IMHO only nothing more and probably totally wrong.

KR
Reacher

I'm very aware there is a difference between a POI and a suspect. Always have been. I have a background in law, have worked in law offices prior, with discovery on cases. Also, I think most of us here know the difference. But thanks!

Seems it is the MSM who apparently need the lesson. Can't imagine anyone here not knowing. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyingHorses4