IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this Tennessee deal - breaking news then not breaking news- is strange. I just received a text message stating it was a retraction for the earlier message that said the search was being extended to southeastern Tennessee. This is weird because the text did not come from any of the four local tv networks here in Indy. I do not receive any text message or email notifications from any news network, the only text alerts I am signed up for is Amber Alerts. This message came across my phone the same way an Amber Alert would, or a weather alert from the National Weather Service.

Did anyone else in the Indy area receive a text alert like this?

The other strange thing is that I looked at 3 of the 4 news websites this morning and they were all reporting the same, that the search was being extended to southeastern Tennessee. This was later changed to retractions.

Now - here is the strangest of all: the very first article I saw on the news Station website showed a side-by-side of the BG sketch and an actual photo of a neighbor who brutally murdered a 12 year old girl in Tennessee. I only saw this photo once and the next time I went back to the site it had been removed.

Did anyone else see this side-by-side photo before it was removed?

Zooming in on a pic and altering(aka changing) are not the same thing whatsoever. It makes sense why LE wouldn't want anyone modifying with any of their official releases. While it's probably not covered under copyright, I'm sure there's some law connected with intentional "tampering" of their official material. It has to be that way otherwise they have no means of controlling what recreations, misleading or not, get circulated within the public realm.

JMO
We didn't just zoom in and out but took one side of his face and reversed it over the other side, made it into negative colours, put him next to Abby etc etc. That was the whole point of the thread really.

So this Tennessee deal - breaking news then not breaking news- is strange. I just received a text message stating it was a retraction for the earlier message that said the search was being extended to southeastern Tennessee. This is weird because the text did not come from any of the four local tv networks here in Indy. I do not receive any text message or email notifications from any news network, the only text alerts I am signed up for is Amber Alerts. This message came across my phone the same way an Amber Alert would, or a weather alert from the National Weather Service.

The other strange thing is that I looked at 3 of the 4 news websites this morning and they were all reporting the same, that the search was being extended to southeastern Tennessee. This was later changed to retractions.

Now - here is the strangest of all: the very first article I saw on the news Station website showed a side-by-side of the BG sketch and an actual photo of a neighbor who brutally murdered a 12 year old girl in Tennessee. I only saw this photo once and the next time I went back to the site it had been removed.

No I didn't see the side by side but I think I may have seen the case you mention when I was looking earlier. I'll check my history.

My apologies. Allegedly someone walking their dog saw him. See post# 265
You’re not the first to bring it up. That post I had to spend time looking for has nothing to do with your original post?
So I guess it’s a rumor and shouldn’t be brought into this thread.

I didn't see a side by side. But what did strike me as odd is that while searching early this morning, using "Delphi Indiana Murders FBI Tennessee", an article about that guy popped up, 3rd in line in search results. I did read the article but couldn't figure out why it was in my search results. Of the 5 search words I used the only common one in the article was Tennessee. So yes, I thought it was weird.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...nashville-police-goodlettsville-tn/701727001/

In August, 2017 a 12-year-old girl was brutally beaten to death in Davidson County,Tn about two hours from Bledsoe County in South East Tennessee. Her neighbor is chargedwith her death.

ETA: she was strangled and her clothing was partially removed. The suspect has multiple felonies.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2017/12/1/359405/Mother-Daughter-Found-Dead-In.aspx

Could it be anything to do with this double murder?

Is there a thread?

Just bumping. The first is the murder of the 12 year old and the second is the mother and daughter murder.

I didn't see a side by side. But what did strike me as odd is that while searching early this morning, using "Delphi Indiana Murders FBI Tennessee", an article about that guy popped up, 3rd in line in search results. I did read the article but couldn't figure out why it was in my search results. Of the 5 search words I used the only common one in the article was Tennessee. So yes, I thought it was weird.

But then the Sheriff Dept's puzzling clarification stated:
"To Clarify this suspect HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN BLEDSOE COUNTY or any other counties in Tn. It is a nationwide search."

It's reported the person alleged to have been responsible for the murder of the 12 year is being held without bond, awaiting trial in Nashville. So he's surely "seen".

What's odd about the above statement is the use of the word "suspect" and how it could be a certainty that he wasn't seen in any other counties in Tn. Oh well, I think it's one of those things we may never know the answer to. The only other possibility, it's an intentional blooper intended to arouse the attention of a potential suspect connected with Bledsoe County who's known to be in another State.

I live in Indianapolis, Indiana and did not receive that alert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My apologies. Allegedly someone walking their dog saw him. See post# 265

Don't worry. The fact a female witness saw him and contributed to the sketch has been linked and is in the media for anyone to refer to.

Its obvious ISP are looking into child murders nationwide and this was reported when it probably shouldn't have been. A little insight into the investigation has been glimpsed IMO.

I did see a picture of a man with mustache, beard and large nostrils. Same one?

Not trying to read too much into this but headline and the Sheriff's statement that is was just a misunderstanding seems a little peculiar to me.

Jan 15, 2018, 2:09 PM ET
Tennessee sheriff's office inadvertently put out wrong info on Delphi double killings

Bledsoe County Sheriff Jimmy Morris told ABC News the initial Facebook post was "just a misunderstanding."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tennessee-...ently-put-wrong-info-delphi/story?id=52359964

I went to your link and followed the link to Bledsoe County, read all the comments and then scrolled down a bit. That guy with the "captured" banner could be DN's brother. lol... just can't seem to get away from him.

https://www.facebook.com/Bledsoe-County-Sheriff-Department-1130231027037681/

Here's the clarification from Bledsoe:

Bledsoe County Sheriff Department To Clarify again, I was contacted personally by someone that is trying to get the word out about this case. I personally did not know any FACTS concerning this case but definitely wanted to assist in getting this poster out for our area to see. I was told these posters were wanted in our area and assisted by getting it posted to our social media page. THERE WAS NEVER ANY CONTACT BETWEEN FBI AND BLEDSOE SHERIFF DEPARTMENT. I apologize for any confusion or false hope that he may be located in our area. That definitely was not the intention behind the assistance of posting his wanted poster.
SGT HODGE

I thought the MK segment was great -
The ‘no witnesses’ looked to me to be a misspeaking -that Sgt Carter was meaning to say ‘no witnesses to the crime.’The ‘look at the body’ I think that he could not see that both the sketch and the bridge photo were on the screen - his comment makes sense if looking only at BG on the bridge.
MK directly asked the people of SE Tennessee to be on the lookout out for BG.

Good clarifications Boxer, Thank you.

I went to your link and followed the link to Bledsoe County, read all the comments and then scrolled down a bit. That guy with the "captured" banner could be DN's brother. lol... just can't seem to get away from him.

https://www.facebook.com/Bledsoe-County-Sheriff-Department-1130231027037681/

Here's the clarification from Bledsoe:

Bledsoe County Sheriff Department To Clarify again, I was contacted personally by someone that is trying to get the word out about this case. I personally did not know any FACTS concerning this case but definitely wanted to assist in getting this poster out for our area to see. I was told these posters were wanted in our area and assisted by getting it posted to our social media page. THERE WAS NEVER ANY CONTACT BETWEEN FBI AND BLEDSOE SHERIFF DEPARTMENT. I apologize for any confusion or false hope that he may be located in our area. That definitely was not the intention behind the assistance of posting his wanted poster.
SGT HODGE

That seems like a reasonable explanation to me. Great to see the posters that are presently being distributed are getting attention!

JMO that a witness is most often someone who witnessed a crime occurring.

We don't have a suitable word to describe someone who later observed who police believe to be the suspect but in the true sense, they were not an eyewitness to the crime.
There is also no way of knowing that the man on the trail described by the witness to create a sketch was actually BG. He could have been an accomplice or completely unrelated.

I did see a picture of a man with mustache, beard and large nostrils. Same one?

Yes- sounds like the same guy. What was unusual was the side-by-side photo of him and the BG sketch. That caught my attention because of the repeated warnings of ISP NOT to post side-by-side comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406