IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I should have changed the wording. If you are a threat to national security they will likely find you. Any method is on the table at that point and laws, rules, and regulations tend to be bent or totally disregarded at that level.

Unless they are using illegal techniques and parallel construction, for anything less than national security or terrorism you could remain fairly untraceable. IMO

I think that is a very good summary. There might be a level short of National Security priority that can accomplish alot, say National Domestic Crime level.

It s, however, hard to say what they can do As you indicated, the National Security level priority probably involves a lot of uhmm... "special" techniques mixed a lot of human experts using parrell processing super computers. As a result, they don't say what they can do and how they do it.

Likewise, even the FBI using more "standard" techniques with less super computers is probably shy about stating what they can do and how they do it.

JMO - The unsub will probably never be seen again in the clothes he was wearing when Libby snapped his picture. But, I would bet if they retrieve surveillance cameras in nearby town/towns or gas stations, etc. from a week or so before this happened (and including the day it happened), they'll find him on there. Hopefully, they are on top of that. If the cameras aren't retrieved fairly soon, they record over them, I believe.

I said the same thing a while back and hope to God they've done this! I also want them to have pulled all tape from every security camera in Delphi for the morning of the girls hike and the entire next day.

The age I get is 50-55. And the voice I hear goes fits into that age frame quite nicely.

I totally agree with the age, and I've thought that from the first time I saw the man's legs. His voice too, confirms his age (IMHO). And, if he is a 50-55 year old man, you can bet your sweet bippy this isn't his first murder! IMHO

This is not the first case I have questioned FBI participation in. The thing is....the cases are usually so bad that........who is gonna complain whether they have jurisdiction or not to participate?

Just about every murder case of late the FBI has been called in by the local jurisdictional law enforcement agency to assist in their case even in large cities. The FBI is not the lead in these cases and it remains under the control of the local jurisdiction where the crime happened.

If this man is found and arrested it will the local DA who will be prosecuting the case and the FBI agents involved will testify in the trial.. Usually the FBI is called in due to their expert ability of gather evidence at a crime scene and many times the evidence collected will be sent to the FBI labs.

Some seem to think the FBI can just come in and takeover a state case but that is just not true. They can only assist and for that to happen they first must be called by the local police asking for assistance. Now if the girls had been found murdered on federal land it would be a federal case.

The FBI, HLS, and the ISP are all assisting agencies in this case.

I think Libby's phone was in her pocket as she was recording - I hear the strides of walking.

I don't think I could put an age on him from his voice. It's not definitive. I would lean towards younger.

As I lay trapped in the mri machine last night, I tried to calm myself by imagining how brave these 2 girls were in facing their extreme anxiety while facing their death at the hands of a monster.

Sending positive vibes to LE and the people of Delphi.

Let today be the day.

ok so in one photo he has his hoodie on and the other he doesn't.... I wish they would release some footage of the video taken on Libby's cell so we can at the very least see him walking....not sure it would make a difference though...just thinking out loud. Maybe, they believe it won't make a difference since he's walking on rails and walking on rails people kinda walk different then they usually do...it would also be nice if they released some footage if he confronted them and she had that on video and how his reaction and their reaction was at that time....just me thinking out loud here...I dunno...just trying to understand why they only released still shots and a 3 word recording of his voice.

Just had a thought. I wonder if they've pulled surveillance video from nearby towns from the morning of the hike.

Just had a thought. I wonder if they've pulled surveillance video from nearby towns from the morning of the hike.

I hope their looking at ALL video of every spot that has video in all surrounding counties....I know this takes time, but I would hope this was caught on some video somewhere.

Are there rest areas only the highways nearby with cameras? I'll get off this but I'm just so curious if he'd been anywhere else that morning that they got much better pictures from or are sifting through.

Are there rest areas only the highways nearby with cameras? I'll get off this but I'm just so curious if he'd been anywhere else that morning that they got much better pictures from or are sifting through.

yes exactly..hope their gong through any footage now. Takes time I know.

Trying to keep up, so sorry if this has been discussed. Has it been said that the phone was actually recovered? Someone posted about video automatically syncing to icloud even when the phone had been turned off before video was stopped. I just wonder if the perp did take the phone but parents accessed video through icloud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Trying to keep up, so sorry if this has been discussed. Has it been said that the phone was actually recovered? Someone posted about video automatically syncing to icloud even when the phone had been turned off before video was stopped. I just wonder if the perp did take the phone but parents accessed video through icloud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

hasn't been said where and how they got the video and recording.....just that they stated it was from Libby's cell.

I think this was a chance encounter. What may have happened…..just my opinion.

Abby and Libby walked across the bridge west to east

The murderer either watched them cross the bridge from the west side, saw no one else was around and followed them

or

The murderer was coming from the east end of the bridge, passed Abby and Libby, and then turned around and followed them

The bridge ends after crossing Rt 625 which at that end is nothing more than a narrow dirt road. The bridge ends on elevated land. (hill)

Down the hill, across the dirt road, down another hill to the creek. In that area of the creek the water is shallow. The murderer wanted to put space between them and the houses/dirt road.

https://www.facebook.com/WRTV6/videos/10154523478509092/

[video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890[/video]

I wonder if this dude.lives in a motel.
I feel he lives alone.

I was thinking the same thing. I was looking at a map that had alll of the roads leading out of Delphi.

ok so in one photo he has his hoodie on and the other he doesn't.... I wish they would release some footage of the video taken on Libby's cell so we can at the very least see him walking....not sure it would make a difference though...just thinking out loud. Maybe, they believe it won't make a difference since he's walking on rails and walking on rails people kinda walk different then they usually do...it would also be nice if they released some footage if he confronted them and she had that on video and how his reaction and their reaction was at that time....just me thinking out loud here...I dunno...just trying to understand why they only released still shots and a 3 word recording of his voice.

I wondered the same thing out loud after the press conference yesterday too ............why this tiny drip of information ?.............didn't make much sense to me either. See interview excerpts below:

Police released a small portion of an audio clip in which you can hear someone saying three words — “down the hill.” “Even though it’s just a little bit – three words, I think with repetitiveness and people continuing to hear it, someone is going to say, ‘Oh, my gosh, I know that voice,'” Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter said.

News 18 asked, “Do you expect to release anything else from that video?”

Carter replied, “I hope we don’t have to, I hope what we’ve released is enough. I hope that people will take a step back and they’ll do what I suggested – a piece, a part, a thing, not a face, not necessarily a face, but a piece of clothing, a walk, a stride, a right hand in a pocket.”

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-t...ore-her-death-police-hope-it-leads-to-arrest/

See ? They have much more of both the video and audio..

Yeah, whatever you do, let's not dump plenty of information on the public so we can seal this deal. I guess the idea is that as long as they solve this crime eventually, that's just as important as doing it quickly.

The only problem with that theory............the perp is still walking around among us and is free to kill again anytime he feels like it...................

See ya' at next weeks presser !!

I had a thought, and forgive me if this has been discussed (I've been keeping up since last night when I fell asleep haha) but what if the girls stopped at a gas station before heading to the park? Maybe Liberty, Abigail, and Lib's big sister stopped inside a gas station on the way and this guy saw them in there. Maybe he overheard them talking about where they were going and inconspicuously followed them there. Maybe Liberty noticed him from the store and that's why she got creeped out. Obviously, I have no clue but I was thinking of this scenario and how creeped out I would be if I saw a creepy guy from the store I'd just left suddenly show up to the park I was at.

I wondered the same thing out loud after the press conference yesterday too ............why this tiny drip of information ?.............didn't make much sense to me either. See interview excerpts below:

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-t...ore-her-death-police-hope-it-leads-to-arrest/

See ? They have much more of both the video and audio..

Yeah, whatever you do, let's not dump plenty of information on the public so we can seal this deal. I guess the idea is that as long as they solve this crime eventually, that's just as important as doing it quickly.

The only problem with that theory............the perp is still walking around among us and is free to kill again anytime he feels like it...................

See ya' at next weeks presser !!

agreed.....I hope it works, but yea I also agree we'll have a presser soon and they'll let more info out..I just don't think it was enough...I hope it was, but I have my doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13