IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW my above post's reference to unsolved cases across this region, I'm looking at cases going back to 1980. If BG's max age is around 53 or so, he could have started killing back to at least the early 80's.

JMO

I almost got the feeling they had this press conference because they felt they should but not necessarily because they needed to.

I would hardly say that "nobody" listened. Many times several posters tried to reroute the conversation by reminding folks that LE said to ignore the hat. The conversation continued.

Still, the posted article is an interesting one and worth making note of. Originally, we were told to overlook the hat. People were speculating as to why we were told to ignore it. They also continued to fixate on the type of hat, insistent that it was a rare kind that hardly anyone wore (which is not true; they're insanely popular at the moment).

LE should have had the sketch artist depict the actual hat that BG was wearing, or else not put one on him at all. Once you've seen something, it's hard to unsee it and, as another poster pointed out, it could have led to someone in BG's life ignoring the sketch altogether because the hat didn't look like something he would wear.

Yes, but they can't put nothing, either. If he was wearing a hat or a hood or something over his head, so the witnesses couldn't see his hair, they don't know what his hair looked like, or even whether he had any, for that matter. They can't just leave the space blank; that really generates a bad reaction, as we've seen with some reconstructions in the unidentified forum.

So they probably didn't have much choice but to put some sort of hat on the sketch.

BTW my above post's reference to unsolved cases across this region, I'm looking at cases going back to 1980. If BG's max age is around 53 or so, he could have started killing back to at least the early 80's.

JMO

Do these cases have threads here at Websleuths?

Begging press to keep story front and center.

One tip away from finding out who the murderer is...

(paraphrasing)

Asks for people to stop comparing pictures side by side, if you have something to tell them.
If you did this and you are watching, know today could be the day you are found out, tomorrow but you will be found.

Daniel Nations is not a person we care a whole lot about at this time.

Don't care about him a whole lot at this time .. and that's all I'll say about Daniel Nations.

(paraphrasing)

Law enforcement can provide protection to someone who calls in the tip they need.

If someone thinks they cannot trust us or that we cannot protect them, oh yes we can.

Did he just say "everyone we've talked to" we're pretty confident they weren't involved???

That is what I thought he said.

Yes, when asked if they cleared anyone.

Just putting your reported items in one post. Was that all that was said about DN?

I almost got the feeling they had this press conference because they felt they should but not necessarily because they needed to.

Sadly I agree. Concerned now that their constant reminder about gait/clothing/body shape (none of which stands out to me as being unique except maybe the gait which we can’t even ascertain from stills) means they aren’t so sure about the sketch. I was so hoping we would get something new today but I also had a feeling deep down we wouldn’t. The one GOOD that can come of this is that we can once and for all leave the DN theory in the past and maybe move forward in our quiet sleuthing of other individuals. At least we have an answer to that...and hopefully anyone who has been holding out on tips because of the DN stuff will now come forward.

In regards to people being afraid of/unable to trust LE, I think the announcement that they wouldn’t hesitate to arrest people etc in the beginning of their hunt didn’t help with this, at all. I came here, to WS, on Valentine’s Day of last year because of this case. I couldn’t have imagined we would still be without answers. Sigh. My heart hurts. I can only imagine how the families are feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just putting your reported items in one post. Was that all that was said about DN?

DN was only mentioned by name one time and that was because of a question.

Plus the general "everyone we've talked to we're confident wasn't involved". (not an exact quote)

The other comments were general, not about him.

moo

Do these cases have threads here at Websleuths?

Yes, in fact the unsolved case from 1980 (Lake County IN) I found here, by using the search tab under "Thread Tools".

The number of unsolved cases in this region are staggering, especially over the line into IL. Problem is like the 1980 case there is a tiny amount of info online for a lot of them, especially ones where DNA had to be used for identification, and there simply was not much interest in a case beyond the immediate area.

Long time lurker; new registered user; first post.

I cannot find the link for reference, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a statement from LE sometime recently basically saying that they 'think the killer has killed before and/or will kill again'? I am thinking it was posted in MSM around January. Perhaps that was in a dream because I wouldn't be surprised if this case has infiltrated my subconscious as I think of it so often.

Initially, I had suspected this crime may be related to Lyric and Elizabeth, but chalked that up to being a bit of a conspiracy theorist. The fact that the L&E crime has no determined COD (and I'm assuming not many clues to go on after being exposed to the elements for 6ish months), how do you all suppose LE was able to conclude the crimes were not related?

I, like so many of you, am now more worried than ever that LE has got nothing to go on. The only thing that stuck out to me was the continued reference to a father figure in the press conference in regards to who the general population should be evaluating in relation to BG. Sounds to me that they think this is an individual at least 45+, but alas, I am likely just grasping at straws as I wish for any new or even concrete information.

RIP, Abby and Libby. We are thinking of you and trying desperately to help serve justice.

So as I suspected DN not involved which was pretty obvious.

thinking about BG again and him moving quickly forward towards the girls with his coat stuffed full of godknowswhat, the things he was holding together in his coat..he had to have come with a vehicle.

he was on to these girls and had his instruments with him. he did not walk a long way with these items busting out of his coat.

so they were probably in the trunk

he would get out of the car, go to the trunk and retrieve the necessary items. Then he would be on the move towards the girls.

he was not just walking around like that all day.

so maybe someone can remember someone with an open trunk in the parking lot. unless he was in a van?

could he have had a van somewhere? could they have restrained and then murdered in a van? could he have killed one , taken the other somewhere and then returned her to kill her?

imagining some nasty loner in his van hanging out by trails.

Just thoughts.

MOO

thinking about BG again and him moving quickly forward towards the girls with his coat stuffed full of godknowswhat, the things he was holding together in his coat..he had to have come with a vehicle.

he was on to these girls and had his instruments with him. he did not walk a long way with these items busting out of his coat.

so they were probably in the trunk

he would get out of the car, go to the trunk and retrieve the necessary items. Then he would be on the move towards the girls.

he was not just walking around like that all day.

so maybe someone can remember someone with an open trunk in the parking lot. unless he was in a van?

could he have had a van somewhere? could they have restrained and then murdered in a van? could he have killed one , taken the other somewhere and then returned her to kill her?

imagining some nasty loner in his van hanging out by trails.

Just thoughts.

MOO

I think this is a really good point. This wasn't someone living under the bridge. This was someone on a mission, prepared. Is this why LE was asking about a backpack? So, why do you think they were also asking about a hitchhiker? And what was his motivation?

“Why Libby? Why Abby? Why Delphi?”...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo

I wanted to bring one of the original press conferences forward. Pay attention to things they mention that we may have lost focus on. Pay attention to Body language when certain things are discussed. We have missed something possibly or have lost focus due to other similarities / news stories. Etc.

DN was only mentioned by name one time and that was because of a question.

Plus the general "everyone we've talked to we're confident wasn't involved". (not an exact quote)

The other comments were general, not about him.

moo

Ok thanks. I should have said "was that one thing all they said about DN?" and has that been taken to mean he is no longer a POi?

And from Everybody is a POI we now have Nobody is a POI?

Is BG still the suspect?

Why is the sketch being discounted now? Or have I misunderstood some posts?

Sorry but I haven't seen the presser so am just going by comments on here ATM.

They really need to repeat the questions within the answers.

I agree. Elementary school children are taught to give complete answers that incorporate the question.
Rest in peace sweet Abby and Libby.❤

Ok thanks. Has that been taken to mean he is no longer a POi?

And from Everbody is a POI we now have Nobody is a POI?

Is BG still the suspect?

Carter was very clear when asked, they are not interested in DN. He also indicated everyone they had talked to "weren't involved".

Yes, BG is the suspect.

Why they're asking people to concentrate on the clothes, etc., I'm not sure -- but it seems they are no longer very confident of the sketch.

moo

Long time lurker; new registered user; first post.

I cannot find the link for reference, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a statement from LE sometime recently basically saying that they 'think the killer has killed before and/or will kill again'? I am thinking it was posted in MSM around January. Perhaps that was in a dream because I wouldn't be surprised if this case has infiltrated my subconscious as I think of it so often.

Initially, I had suspected this crime may be related to Lyric and Elizabeth, but chalked that up to being a bit of a conspiracy theorist. The fact that the L&E crime has no determined COD (and I'm assuming not many clues to go on after being exposed to the elements for 6ish months), how do you all suppose LE was able to conclude the crimes were not related?

I, like so many of you, am now more worried than ever that LE has got nothing to go on. The only thing that stuck out to me was the continued reference to a father figure in the press conference in regards to who the general population should be evaluating in relation to BG. Sounds to me that they think this is an individual at least 45+, but alas, I am likely just grasping at straws as I wish for any new or even concrete information.

RIP, Abby and Libby. We are thinking of you and trying desperately to help serve justice.

In this press conference. Just after the pause at 11:15 in. He says “who is next?” May be what you were remembering.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo

Ok thanks. Has that been taken to mean he is no longer a POi?

And from Everbody is a POI we now have Nobody is a POI?

Is BG still the suspect?

Apparently nobody they have interviewed thus far is a viable POI. I think BG is still the suspect. I don't know what the heck to think about the sketch at this point. Is it being discounted? If so, why? Does that suggest the witness is no longer credible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member