IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sketch appears to have hair long enough to come out of the back of the hat. DN doesn't ever appear to let his hair grow that long. Maybe remnants of the military?

I'm stuck on it because I just wonder how certain the witness, not parabon, is about this. I wonder if the witness(es?) maybe are like I know he didn't appear to have blue eyes but I am certain he had shaggy hair? Or I just don't know about the hair but I remember a goatee?
I just wonder...

Hi Emptybottles,

I am trying to identify the right mugshot for the arrest in morgan Co. 2/24/2017

Here is a timeline of arrests:
(http://gazette.com/timeline-daniel-nations-major-life-events-criminal-history/article/1613704)

attachment.php

(http://fox59.com/2017/09/29/man-cal...same-week-girls-bodies-were-found-police-say/)
I believe this center picture above is the booking mugshot from Morgan County 2/24/17.

Also:

In general, I would have more confidence in LE downgrading DN as an active POI if I didn't know that major LE DNA mixups do happen. After his CO arrest CaCoS they said they would know more within a week after tests were run. Since that deadline passed he has been just "Not included or excluded"

A mixup of DNA at the crime scene had the LE going down the wrong path. The Delphi murder scene was infinitely more complicated to process than the Superbike store.

DNA Mix up - from DNs hometown of Chesnee SC.
https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...16/todd-kohlhepp-superbike-victims/401692001/

I wish you luck.

In the mugshots link, there are 2 photos that are identified as being from Morgan County showing him with a long beard. #7 and #8. If he was clean shaven after the girls were murdered, there's no way he had that much beard growth during his stay in jail.

It seems that RTV6 just ran what the Scripps Media published and I have doubts about the accuracy of the picture info unless it has the actual date on the pic, put there by LE.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...test-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders#id7

I don't think #9 is from Feb 24th.

MOO is that this is the Feb 24th mugshot in Marion County. Cleanly shaven head and face.
https://ibb.co/fWexqn

And here is an interesting composite.
https://image.ibb.co/eaQ6GS/Daniel_Nations_Marion_Co_vs_De.jpg
When you are looking at number 9 there is some narrative at the bottom that describes it as being that. That is not my description but taken from the article. I obviously have no idea which mug is which. :confused:
#9 clean shaven head with medium long beard.

Hi Everyone, I periodically scan this thread and today I noticed the mugshots and wondered: does anyone else
see signs of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome in the facial features? I see low hung ears, small upturned nose, very thin upper lip. FASD also often have Low Impulse Control.
Also someone mentioned a urine bag on his leg in some photos, well a little checking tells us daytime and night time
incontinence is prevalent in about 20% of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome people. See link.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28381366

Maybe they will be looking for someone in the crowd.

Very logical thinking, imo. Not only is it the anniversary but it is in the same area. Could be a good tactic.

moo

Hi Everyone, I periodically scan this thread and today I noticed the mugshots and wondered: does anyone else
see signs of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome in the facial features? I see low hung ears, small upturned nose, very thin upper lip. FASD also often have Low Impulse Control.
Also someone mentioned a urine bag on his leg in some photos, well a little checking tells us daytime and night time
incontinence is prevalent in about 20% of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome people. See link.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28381366
Interesting thoughts on FAS!

I can't see a urine bag in the images. BG's posture does look awkward, though, as if he could be knock-kneed or pigeon-toed. However, it may just be that walking on the uneven surface of the bridge affected his gait.

Interesting thoughts on FAS!

I can't see a urine bag in the images. BG's posture does look awkward, though, as if he could be knock-kneed or pigeon-toed. However, it may just be that walking on the uneven surface of the bridge affected his gait.

I don't see a bag either. Sometime back the "what is that on his leg" photo was posted. Then the video it was snipped from was posted and it appeared to be an illusion caused by very loose jail house pants (excess fabric folded over).

moo

Anyone have the link to the video? TIA.

It’s from this video. I’m the original poster of the side by side. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=68UZ4apBjbA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think this is the video.

The item in his left pants leg has also been commented on regarding the BG pic (a lot) in the image thread and early threads. There was also talk re the rectangle visible in the pant leg ( again the left leg) in a hospital pic.

I think that LE sees the conference as a chance to get the MHB Trail location on national TV. I think they are now realizing that a conference room backdrop can't do what meeting at the actual location can do to jog memory.

One of my "hunches" since the beginning has been that BG knows that bridge and the area around it, either from years past or he may have scouted it late last year. I hope that someone saw him before the day of the murders, say the previous several days (it was fairly mild) or late last year, some time.

MOO

And if he’s a local wouldn’t it be weird if the whole town shows up but he weirdly doesn’t want to go!

FWIW here's where I'm at:

I am a member of a couple Abby/Libby FB groups, and once the sketch was released, I went to one of the FB discussion groups first and saw the RSO so many in that group suspected right next to the sketch, well, he looked like a dead ringer to the sketch IMO. My mouth actually fell open and before I read anything and my mind went, "OMG, it's him! They got him!!!" Only to begin reading how much he resembled the sketch, *except* he had blue eyes. I rarely go on those FB groups any more, and I don't even remember the RSO's name at the moment (not that I could say it on here anyway). I hadn't read much in the group as to why he was Suspect #1 in so many minds but they had some fairly convincing reasons. And I'd never seen a sketch look so identical to a flesh and blood human being IMO.

Then as time went by I kind of stopped following in the group because nothing was happening as far as an arrest or even a named POI of that particular RSO in MSM or by L.E.

Then DN comes along. When I saw him next to the sketch, I thought, "definitely a resemblance" but I didn't find it nearly as strong as I had to the other aforementioned RSO. I think DN's nose looks *different* from the sketch, but I do see a strong resemblance to it in one of the stills.

And I've followed along here, mostly quietly, and believe there's a good chance he could be DN. The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming IMO. And now that he's being extradited back here, I admit I am excited. Excited that he indeed could be THE ONE. That this case may finally get solved and real justice finally be served.

So I guess I'm saying I lean more towards it being DN than not. I don't think LE are going to get him and expect any sudden announcements that he's being arrested for Libby and Abby's murder. I don't think they're that close at all. I think they DO have him more in their sights than they're letting on and that they want him here as they investigate hard to either exclude or include him...

That said, if some new POI is named, bring him on! I'd love to investigate and speculate on these threads about him. If someone else is arrested tomorrow, DN will be far from my mind, and I sure won't miss him. And I won't be surprised if it is someone else, either.

I'm here for the long-haul, and seeing how this DN extradition shakes out is part of that. I'm not obsessed with him, and will happily move on once he is excluded. In the meantime, I think it's very interesting to discuss possible links as well as talk about the case in general. JMO.

Haven, I really thought your post summed up my own feelings about DN but I didn't get a chance to respond before the thread closed.

Thanks for your input.

While I SO hope the presser will be to announce movement in the case or even an arrest, I can't imagine how it could. To have withheld this kind of info from a frightened public would be negligent on LE's part. I am afraid it will just be a call for tips and nothing more. Typing that makes me sad...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

From Fox 59

"The police have not formally named Nations as a suspect in the crimes...." "ISP ( I assume this means Indiana State Police) has since said they're no longer actively investigating Nations as a person of interest in the case".

Snipped

How about we do this; If you can bring up a logical point or theory that shows how DN could be connected to the death of Abby and Libby go ahead as long as you follow our Terms of Service.

Snipped

Thread is opening up NOW
Big Thank You
So lets not get the thread shut down by posting outside of this in red. I would like it to remain open throughout next week after all of the effort that was put into these threads.

While I SO hope the presser will be to announce movement in the case or even an arrest, I can't imagine how it could. To have withheld this kind of info from a frightened public would be negligent on LE's part. I am afraid it will just be a call for tips and nothing more. Typing that makes me sad...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am hopeful but realistically I think they still have work to do. Phone details may not all be back, DNA may not have been taken, alibis may not have been verified by wife/brother/workmate etc, weapon (if used ) ballistics or forenisics may not be matched yet. I also still think they need someone particular to come forward as a witness. This is just a vibe or opinion that I am having. They want a specific person to come forward maybe? I will be very interested to hear what they say.

:cow:

Perhaps, but maybe KN was staying at The Royal Inn, they had a fight Feb 8/17 DN took one of her cells.

DN and KN were evicted from an Apt owned by the Bortners around Jan ? 2017 mycaseIN

Parties to the Case
Show all party details
Defendant Nations, Daniel
Defendant Nations "Ware", Katelyn
Plaintiff Bortner, Gerald
Chronological Case Summary
12/27/2016
Case Opened as a New Filing
12/29/2016
Hearing Scheduling Activity
Eviction Hearing scheduled for 01/11/2017 at 8:30 AM.
01/11/2017
Eviction Hearing
Session:01/11/2017 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Coleman, Gerald B
Result:Continued
01/11/2017
Hearing Scheduling Activity
Damages Hearing scheduled for 03/07/2017 at 8:30 AM
I had always wondered where KN and DN were living after the eviction. I found this news article. See page 2.
https://www.theindychannel.com/news...terest-in-the-murders-of-libby-abby-in-delphi
"Nations had registered as a sex offender in Morgan County on January 31 as a homeless person living at the Royal Inn in Indianapolis. He was required by law to check in, in person, with the county every 7 days after that".
Royal Inn 3740 North High School Rd.
This is a 1 hr 10min drive to the Freedom Bridge.
https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Free...294657c994!2m2!1d-86.2713217!2d39.8225636!3e0

Then DN and KN moved April 10, 2017 to the "InTown Suites" in Greenwood IN.

That is correct cath. I think we discussed the Royal Inn on the TW thread and speculated that is where they may have watched the TV coverage of the murders as stated by KN. As you say, it is quite a bit of an easier and shorter drive to Delphi from there than from Camby or Greenwood. The Bortners let him use a vehicle to sleep in after the eviction, so I don't think he was at the Royal officially because he told his weekly check in with LE that he was living under bridges.

That certainly could explain why he was registered at the Royal 31 Jan and signing in as living under bridges on 7 and 14 Feb. I wonder if he took one of her cells and her car too? JMO.

Before the thread closure we were looking at these dates . It looked like DN was at the Royal with KN 31Jan but by 7 Feb and 14 Feb was signing in homeless living in a borrowed car and under bridges possibly back together for Valentines day as she took him to his RSO check in and then they watched the news on TV. So am just bringing the posts forward for discussion.

I'm also curious why they chose that location for the press conference. It has significance as the drop off location, but it will be difficult to accommodate all the media vehicles that will likely be there. LE has planned for this since they're saying officers will be on hand to assist with media parking. It's possible so many vehicles parked in that area will be reminiscent of the day the girls were found. Is this meant to trigger BG, unknown witnesses, or someone who knows something but isn't talking?

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/INPOLICE/bulletins/1d9b250

Thanks Tricia for reopening the girls' thread.

The more I think about the timing and location of the press conference, the odder it seems. At first I thought yeah, same time, same place, that makes sense. But I can't remember a similar thing in any of the other cases I've followed. Maybe I just missed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper