In Fairness To Cindy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should she have? I don't think she felt any urgency to find Caylee until much later. When she did realize something was possibly wrong she did take direct action by tracking her down and having Amy get her in to the apt.She was pretty aggressive when she reached her breaking point. IMO, Cindy had zero idea that Caylee's life was in danger at all. No clue whatsoever.

the funny thing in much of the conversation here is that many think that CA was controlling and coddled Casey and didn't let her be her own person, it is said she even forced KC to have a baby! Yet, when KC does move out and try to do it on her own(as far as GA and CA know at that point) Cindy is faulted for NOT controlling KC's actions and making KC do what CA wanted her too.

The very thing that CA is being faulted for doing in thread after thread is the very thing she is being faulted for NOT doing when some think she should have. Oy Vey!

LOL we can't have it both ways.

Hi JBean :wave: I would totally agree with your post if it were not for the way CA made it sound like they (A family) had been frantically searching for KC and Caylee for a month. After finding out that KC stole money from the grandparents and having a huge fight with KC on June 15 (probably in front of poor little Caylee), I would think that CA would at least attempt to make contact with KC on the 16th, if for nothing else but to at least check on little Caylee. I don't see how KC "officially" moved out of the A's house considering she didn't take but a few of her own belongings, and nothing of little Caylee's. CA stated to LE that nothing was missing of little Caylees. Didn't this raise a red flag early on with CA? What was Caylee wearing, what was she playing with? What was she sleeping on? According to CA, all of Caylee's belongings were still at the A's home. If KC moved out, didn't CA know where she was moving to? Usually when kids leave the nest, parents know exactly where they are moving to, or who they are moving in with. Unless your adult child is moving far away, usually a parent physically visits the new place and helps with the move IMO. There was so much to be concerned about, regarding Caylee's well being, with all that I stated above, I just can't figure out why these things did not concern CA enough to try and locate KC and Caylee much, much sooner. I always enjoy reading your posts, agreeing with you 100%...you are very insightful IMO :), but this is just one post that I have to respectfully dissagree with. :blowkiss:

I would have the parent ask LE for a "welfare check." George and Cindy had more than enough cause to do this and I'm sure LE would have obliged. George would have known all about this tool that was available to them.

Where would she have sent them to do this check? She didn't know where Caylee was to check on her herself. After June 15th there is really nothing Cindy could have done to change this outcome. She would have known Caylee was dead sooner, but that act was already commited. Casey is in jail facing murder charges. Same outcome, different day.

Hi JBean :wave: I would totally agree with your post if it were not for the way CA made it sound like they (A family) had been frantically searching for KC and Caylee for a month. After finding out that KC stole money from the grandparents and having a huge fight with KC on June 15 (probably in front of poor little Caylee), I would think that CA would at least attempt to make contact with KC on the 16th, if for nothing else but to at least check on little Caylee. I don't see how KC "officially" moved out of the A's house considering she didn't take but a few of her own belongings, and nothing of little Caylee's. CA stated to LE that nothing was missing of little Caylees. Didn't this raise a red flag early on with CA? What was Caylee wearing, what was she playing with? What was she sleeping on? According to CA, all of Caylee's belongings were still at the A's home. If KC moved out, didn't CA know where she was moving to? Usually when kids leave the nest, parents know exactly where they are moving to, or who they are moving in with. Unless your adult child is moving far away, usually a parent physically visits the new place and helps with the move IMO. There was so much to be concerned about, regarding Caylee's well being, with all that I stated above, I just can't figure out why these things did not concern CA enough to try and locate KC and Caylee much, much sooner. I always enjoy reading your posts, agreeing with you 100%...you are very insightful IMO :), but this is just one post that I have to respectfully dissagree with. :blowkiss:
well I am going to have to ban you then.

Bwahahaha Just kidding.:blowkiss:

CA's myspace message also shows that she knew KC was a mess. A liar, a thief and capable of much illegal and unethical activity. I think CA knows alot more about what KC is capable and the disgusting things she was into than we can imagine. I don't think we know the half of it.
They knew she created phony e-mails in May to convince them she had to work. They knew she falsified documents to convince them she deposited $4000 in their bank account. They knew she used the banking information from a check her grandmother gave her as a birthday gift to steal funds from her grandparents' bank account. Those facts alone show that she was not someone who could be trusted to responsibly care for a three year-old child. And surely they knew of at least some of her escapades. She posted her whole life on MySpace. CA had a MS account. Didn't she read KC's? My son is older than KC, single with no children. If I don't hear from him for several days and he doesn't answer his phone, I peek in on his MS or FB just to see if he's logged on recently. Assuming KC blocked CA from reading her MS account, she communicated with LA via MS. He had some inkling what she was doing and how to find her.

Then there is her lying. Look at the latest jailhouse video and you know those parents are all too familiar with her lying, not to mention her volatile temperament.

Did they know that she was capable of murder? No. Did they know she was capable of behavior that could endanger Caylee? Yes.

This has been my problem with the A's all along. They waited 31 days to go looking when she was a mere one to two degrees away from discovery. Never mind that it was already too late, the baby was dead since the 15th or 16th. They thought she was alive but were too complacent to make the effort to find her, or simply relieved not to deal with the "ddrrraaaaammmmma" every night. Suzet made good points on this subject. Additionally, their marriage is shaky, they have financial problems, and their parents are in poor health. That's a lot to bear. So, in fairness, I excuse them. It's not what I would've done, but that's me. My heart really does go out to them.

On the other hand...I think they owe it to Caylee; to themselves; to LE and the searchers; to actual kidnapped victims and their families; AND to their daughter to acknowledge the truth. The healing cannot begin until they do.

I don't think the parents and grandparents of other missing children specify a difference to searchers who are willing to help pass out flyers, look anywhere and everywhere. It hasn't been my experience, at least.

People know and are told by LE that the first hours in a missing child case are the most critical. It usually is the difference between life and death when days and months go by as told by all the statistics. 31 days had already passed when they began searching for her which meant the chances of finding Caylee alive were slim to none.

It wasn't long until the FBI and LE told the A fam that decomposition was found in the car and still they turned down help in finding her. This only says they did not care if she was found, imo, since they did not want others to recover her body.

You cannot compare the Smart case to this one. They didn't wait a month to call in LE. They began an all out search immediately. They did not cover up, lie to LE, or otherwise try to thwart the investigation or the searches. They took LDTs and freely answered any or all questions presented to their family honestly. The cooperated fully with LE. They did not ask for people to only search for Elizabeth to be found alive. They were looking for EVERY sign of her in hopes of finding her no matter what. They did not recover anything which pointed to her not being alive as was the case with Caylee. There was much evidence to say that she was deceased.

It was KC s fault that 31 days passed before Caylee was reported missing and If its Your opionion that Cindy did not want Caylee found..........WHY DID SHE CALL THE POLICE..............If it was not for Cindy calling 911 KC might have gotten away with murdering Caylee.Do you think this all has been some plan just to get donations?to have strangers on the web searching all her business,ripping her family apart dissecting her life For the life of me I just do not understand the venom for this Woman.JMO

I can compare it if I choose to thats my right and IMO If that woman was of the mind set that Eliabeth Smart was dead . She never would have called the police.

Where would she have sent them to do this check? She didn't know where Caylee was to check on her herself. After June 15th there is really nothing Cindy could have done to change this outcome. She would have known Caylee was dead sooner, but that act was already commited. Casey is in jail facing murder charges. Same outcome, different day.
If Cindy had given them Casey's cell phone number...they could have tried to find her to do a welfare check on Caylee. If they left a message and she did not return the call...they could have responded to that as a sign of trouble, imo. The outcome would have been the same, but the trail would not have grown as cold as it became after 31 days to find out what happened to Caylee.

It was KC s fault that 31 days passed before Caylee was reported missing and If its Your opionion that Cindy did not want Caylee found..........WHY DID SHE CALL THE POLICE..............If it was not for Cindy calling 911 KC might have gotten away with murdering Caylee.Do you think this all has been some plan just to get donations?to have strangers on the web searching all her business,ripping her family apart dissecting her life For the life of me I just do not understand the venom for this Woman.JMO

I can compare it if I choose to thats my right and IMO If that woman was of the mind set that Eliabeth Smart was dead . She never would have called the police.

She supposedly washed her daughter's pants b/f calling LE. From the word go, covering up was more important than Caylee. If my grandchild was missing, I'm pretty sure a load of laundry would not be my top priority.

i think she was worried about caylee, but i do not think she thought her life was in danger . I think if ca thought for one second that caylee could die, she would have acted immediately. When she followed her gut that something was seriously wrong, she did not stop until she got the answer. Jmho of course.

ita jmho too

I hate to say this but I probably would have washed the pants without thinking what the implications were.

Bold is mine

I totally agree.

I do not understand the venom for this woman NOR The nastyness for those that have compassion for her.

We are ALL Entitled to our opinions. But just because someone happens to feel compassion for a human being doesn't mean that they are out of their minds!

Nor does it give anyone the right to say something is SO just because they believe it to be.

I feel compassion and sympathy for Cindy, and as far as I am concerned "there but for the grace of god go I" does apply to this case and to every other situation in the world.

Why cant we count our blessings and be thankful that it is NOT us, and extend some compassion ?

I don't get it.

Cindy did not call the police because Caylee was missing. Cindy called the police in a rage over the money that Casey stole and the car being left at the Amscot which cost them even more money!! She was having her arrested for stealing money and the car. Caylee was an afterthought, imo. Listen again to the calls.

People who search for missing people will continue to look everywhere including in the faces of strangers. It is the nature of people to do so when you have no definitive proof either way. With Elizabeth, there was nothing found to suspect she was dead except we all knew time was against her being found alive.

Bold is mine

I totally agree.

I do not understand the venom for this woman NOR The nastyness for those that have compassion for her.

We are ALL Entitled to our opinions. But just because someone happens to feel compassion for a human being doesn't mean that they are out of their minds!

Nor does it give anyone the right to say something is SO just because they believe it to be.

I feel compassion and sympathy for Cindy, and as far as I am concerned "there but for the grace of god go I" does apply to this case and to every other situation in the world.

Why cant we count our blessings and be thankful that it is NOT us, and extend some compassion ?

I don't get it.

very well said

It is every mother's worst nightmare to have one of your own murdered. I would stop at NOTHING to bring the killer to justice for taking the life of my grandchild!! I would work every single day with LE to insure that happened!! I would leave no stone unturned and BEG for anyone to help me find her. I would be on tv sobbing to anyone to listen to our story and to help find out the truth. I would be on my hands and knees BEGGING for the return of my grandchild to people who could possibly have taken her. My grandchild would have the advocate she deserved in me because I would go to hell and back for her without a doubt.

I would NOT be defending the person who allegedly took her life and then asking, "Where is the compassion for me?". GRRRRR!!

So here is a question for you.

You have a daughter or son, who killed your grandchild

Would you "have the killer brought to justice" including being given the needle ?

Just curious ?

Cindy did not call the police because Caylee was missing. Cindy called the police in a rage over the money that Casey stole and the car being left at the Amscot which cost them even more money!! She was having her arrested for stealing money and the car. Caylee was an afterthought, imo. Listen again to the calls.

People who search for missing people will continue to look everywhere including in the faces of strangers. It is the nature of people to do so when you have no definitive proof either way. With Elizabeth, there was nothing found to suspect she was dead except we all knew time was against her being found alive.

ITA My D and DIL both saw Elizabeth S in Walmart just minutes before she was rescued. Many people called it in to LE in SLC . Sorry for slightly OT. The point is.. people dont forget the faces of the missing in high publicity cases.

PSA:
Challenging each others opinions or position is fine. Just don't attack personally.
Attack the post not the poster.

/PSA

While I believe C&G have a peculiar parenting style, and the family dynamic is unorthodox, I can blame them entirely for the way Casey has turned out. Casey is an adult, has been since she get pregnant and gave birth to Caylee. She should have grown up before she had a baby. As an adult, we are responsible for our own actions, no one else. She lied, she stole, she caroused, and probably did drugs. She wasn't a proper mother to her daughter.

There was a baby introduced into the family, and Cindy stepped up to be mother to that child. Obviously her daughter wasn't the best role model for the child.

Cindy supported the family for many years. She was the glue that kept them together. Yes, she's controlling, but none of them were being controlled were they? Especially not Casey.

Cindy was a good mother AND grandmother to Caylee. I only wish her main focus had continued to be Caylee after she went missing. But no, instead of begging for Caylee's return, begging people to help with the searches, giving them Caylee's things to help with the search, she chose to support Casey, she took donations from TES, she refused to cooperate with anyone who searched for a deceased Caylee, she LIED to OCSO and FBI, the media, and anyone who spoke to her. She supported Casey's lies, neglecting justice for Caylee. All this after Cindy called 911 saying, "It's smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car." She had Casey right there, Caylee was nowhere to be seen. Who did she think had been in that car? Certainly it wasn't the one standing next to her when she made that desperate 911 call, and her main focus had been Casey's thievery!

Let's not forget all the fake Caylee sightings purported by Cindy when she knew Caylee was dead at the hands of Casey.

And she is still selling Find Caylee t-shirts and bracelets.

That's my problem with Cindy. There's more, but you get my point.

Bold is mine

I totally agree.

I don't get it.

This is a terrific post.I wish I could express my feelings as well as you have. IMO If more people had compassion for others this world would be a much better place to live.My Grandmother was a very wise and wonderful woman IMO and when ever something bad happened to others she always said but for the grace of God go I.She also taught me Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you.

It seemed like Cindy was calling 911 to try and force Casey to take her to Caylee using the previous thefts, because she knew that the car smelled like a dead body. If the car hadn't smelled, I doubt if Cindy would have called 911 at that time. If Cindy had called LE for a welfare check during the 31 days and gotten hold of that suspended cop, well, he probably wouldn't have done a thing to help.

LOL wasn't everyone mad at Cindy awhile ago because Cindy said she lied about calling the police on the pretext of the car and money and that she was just trying to scare KC into producing Caylee?
I'll look for a link but I might be too lazy. This case is exhausting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg