IN - Hannah Wilson, 22, IU student, murdered, Brown County, 24 April 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hannah was found in the morning. Messel didn't return home and didn't show up for work. When he did get home that afternoon, he told his step-father that the police had his cellphone. How did he know that?

Where was Messel after the murder?

Hannah was found in the morning. Messel didn't return home and didn't show up for work. When he did get home that afternoon, he told his step-father that the police had his cellphone. How did he know that?

Did he run into a contact that let him know that LE had his phone and were looking for him? Or did he realize he left the phone at the crime scene and tried to go back and retrieve it, once he got there he knew that she had been discovered?

It's obvious he didn't spend any time trying to clean the car after the murder. Thinking he tied one on and woke up to the realization of what he'd done.

This is what I have been wondering about too.

Also, what was in that bag? His clothing from the night before?

I just got all caught up. I'm chilled to the bone by this. I am thinking LE might have gotten a serial killer off the streets. Regardless, I am thankful he is behind bars.

BBM

~snipped

"Investigators say Messel had left Yogi’s Grill and bar a couple hours earlier, around 11 p.m. Thursday. He drove a co-worker home from Yogi’s after the two men had spent time playing trivia at Yogi’s. A manager at Yogi’s said Messel had also walked out with two women that night. The women appeared to be older than college-age students. It’s not clear if the women actually left the area with Messel.

According to Messel’s stepfather, he would normally come straight home after Thursday night trivia at Yogi’s.

Investigators believe Wilson was beaten to death sometime between 1:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. Friday.

Messel’s violent criminal history bears resemblance to what investigators have uncovered about Wilson’s murder so far. In August 1995, Messel was arrested and accused of violently beating a married couple in Bloomington. Court documents say Messel became angry for unknown reasons and began punching a man at a home on West 9th Street. When the man’s wife tried to stop Messel, he began to punch her. He knocked her down, sat on her and began punching her face until he broke her nose. He then walked outside, retrieved a 2 by 4, and started hitting the woman in the head. The woman suffered severe cuts and artery damage to her head."

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/04/28/iu-murder-suspects-boss-never-saw-signs-of-violent-behavior/

BBM

~snipped

"Investigators say Messel had left Yogi’s Grill and bar a couple hours earlier, around 11 p.m. Thursday. He drove a co-worker home from Yogi’s after the two men had spent time playing trivia at Yogi’s. A manager at Yogi’s said Messel had also walked out with two women that night. The women appeared to be older than college-age students. It’s not clear if the women actually left the area with Messel.

According to Messel’s stepfather, he would normally come straight home after Thursday night trivia at Yogi’s.

Investigators believe Wilson was beaten to death sometime between 1:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. Friday.

Messel’s violent criminal history bears resemblance to what investigators have uncovered about Wilson’s murder so far. In August 1995, Messel was arrested and accused of violently beating a married couple in Bloomington. Court documents say Messel became angry for unknown reasons and began punching a man at a home on West 9th Street. When the man’s wife tried to stop Messel, he began to punch her. He knocked her down, sat on her and began punching her face until he broke her nose. He then walked outside, retrieved a 2 by 4, and started hitting the woman in the head. The woman suffered severe cuts and artery damage to her head."

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/04/28/iu-murder-suspects-boss-never-saw-signs-of-violent-behavior/

OMG!!! This man is CRAZY dangerous. He attacked a couple?! Punches a women, breaks her nose, and COMES BACK with a 2x4 to beat her more? That is INSANE rage at a helpless person.

And the thing is, I'm expecting the details of this case to become even darker. I'm so sorry for all the victims of this man. Truly scary.

Thanks for the link.

JMO.

I'm not sure if this was already posted.

~snipped

Kenney tracked down Messel’s ex-girlfriend and former co-worker who both said Messel beat them.

"We went out for four years, and he was very violent," said Michele Day of Bloomington. "He was an alcoholic and very controlling. He beat the hell out of me a couples times."

Day called police after one beating in 1986.

"I had a black eye," said Day, who added she was younger than 18 when she dated Messel.

Messel was charged with battery, resisting law enforcement and disorderly conduct.

Court records say he grabbed Day by her hair and throat.

"He was a very jealous kind of person and angry about all kinds of things," said Day. "He beat me with a belt, he beat me with hangers."

Messel pleaded guilty to resisting law enforcement and received one year probation, but no jail or prison sentence.

"He’s a very scary guy," said Day. "I hope to goodness he gets what he deserves."

Court records show Messel beat Brady Christian in the face in 2006, bloodying Christian.

Messel and Christian were co-workers at a pharmaceutical company.

"I was in the hospital, and really banged up and had to get stiches," said Christian of Bloomington. "I had broken bones and if it weren’t for younger kids showing up he would’ve killed me. It took a few weeks to recover."

Messel served no jail or prison sentence for that incident either, records show.

"For what he did to me, he got nothing," said Christian. "He did no time. I hope he gets what he deserves for killing that innocent girl."

Video of interviews at link:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/call-6-investigators/former-victims-of-daniel-messel-speak-out

http://fox59.com/2015/04/28/iu-murder-suspects-boss-im-sorry/

'McLary owns e2Taxi with her husband. She says one of her drivers dropped Wilson off at her home early Friday morning.

“'I certainly hope that she got home safely and that if we were involved, I was hoping that we would have information on our cameras to be able to help the local police,' said McLary.

All green and white colored taxis are equipped with cameras that record inside.

McLary says the footage from the night was turned over to police, however, she doesn’t know what the video shows or if Wilson ever made it into her home on 8th Street.

'We’ve certainly been cooperating with the police and helping them however we can,' said McLary."

This is what I have been wondering about too.

Also, what was in that bag? His clothing from the night before?

I just got all caught up. I'm chilled to the bone by this. I am thinking LE might have gotten a serial killer off the streets. Regardless, I am thankful he is behind bars.

On my first reading I sort of assumed he had grabbed clothes from home with the intention of running away, but now I'm wondering if the clothes weren't even his and he was trying to get rid of them.

Fox news must be reading our blogs, it appears they have confirmed the sugar daddy website. Yay!!!! :happydance:

http://fox59.com/2015/04/29/hannah-...ought-special-iu-coed-on-sugar-daddy-website/

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (April 29, 2015) – The man arrested for the murder of Indiana University student Hannah Wilson had a profile on a sugar daddy website, according to Bloomington’s Herald Times. According to the paper, murder suspect Daniel Messel described himself as a “Bloomington male looking for that special IU coed.”

The Herald Times also reports that he’s had an email address registered with the fraternity and sorority chat network GreekChat.com since July 2009.

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (April 29, 2015) – Investigators are still working to determine a motive in the murder of Indiana University student Hannah Wilson. Police still can’t say if Wilson knew her alleged killer Daniel Messel. The 49-year-old suspect is facing murder charges.

Indiana State Police detectives are conducting the investigation as they focus on putting together a timeline of events. Investigators are relying on witness statements, background information and even surveillance video. ISP also obtained a search warrant to look through Messel’s phone that was discovered at the crime scene.

“We’re hopeful to get to the bottom of it, we want to know exactly like everybody else wants to know,” said Sgt. Curt Durnil with Indiana State Police.

Wilson was out with friends the night of Thursday, April 23. Roommates and friends told police they attended a party at the Hilton Garden Inn before heading to Kilroy’s Sports Bar. When the group arrived at Kilroy’s the friends decided Wilson needed to go home because she had been drinking too much. Friends called a taxi for her and according to police she made it home.

“There’s also reason for the detectives to believe that she made it into her home that night now where she comes into contact with Messel after that is unclear right now. We do know obviously that they did come into contact we just don’t know when and where,” said Sgt. Durnil.

More at link: http://fox59.com/2015/04/29/investi...meline-in-hannah-wilson-murder-investigation/

That statement that she made it into her house is new to me.

That statement that she made it into her house is new to me.

The taxi driver's statement that he took her to her house must have been proven true. In a post above, the taxi company owner said they turned over video from the cab.

http://fox59.com/2015/04/28/iu-murder-suspects-boss-im-sorry/

'McLary owns e2Taxi with her husband. She says one of her drivers dropped Wilson off at her home early Friday morning.

“'I certainly hope that she got home safely and that if we were involved, I was hoping that we would have information on our cameras to be able to help the local police,' said McLary.

All green and white colored taxis are equipped with cameras that record inside.

McLary says the footage from the night was turned over to police, however, she doesn’t know what the video shows or if Wilson ever made it into her home on 8th Street.

'We’ve certainly been cooperating with the police and helping them however we can,' said McLary."

Just inside? It would be great if they could tell if the cab was being followed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-in...nah-wilson-likely-made-it-home-before-murder/

Last Updated Apr 30, 2015 3:06 PM EDT

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Detectives believe Indiana University student Hannah Wilson, who was killed last week after a night out drinking, made it home safely and was murdered sometime in the following hours.

Sgt. Curt Durnil with the Indiana State Police told 48 Hours' Crimesider investigators have reason to believe that Wilson was dropped off at her house by a taxi cab service early on the morning of Friday, April 24.

It's still unclear when and where the 22-year-old came into contact with her alleged killer, 49-year-old Daniel Messel, of Bloomington.

I'd like to know if the clothes she was found in are the same clothes she was wearing out that night? LE says she made it home, but then what? Did she change clothes? Did she even make it into the house? We don't know..yet.

In addition to Lauren Spierer, this sounds familiar to Alma Del Real, from South Bend, Indiana.

I'd like to know if the clothes she was found in are the same clothes she was wearing out that night? LE says she made it home, but then what? Did she change clothes? Did she even make it into the house? We don't know..yet.

In addition to Lauren Spierer, this sounds familiar to Alma Del Real, from South Bend, Indiana.

"Wilson’s friends told police she was found wearing the same clothing she had been wearing Thursday night."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7174108.html

Authorities in Indiana are trying to determine if a link exists between the recent slaying of Indiana University student Hannah Wilson and the unsolved disappearance of Lauren Spierer, who attended the same college.

"We are pursuing it ... to determine what, if any, similarities might exist in the two cases," Bloomington Police Captain Joe Qualters told The Huffington Post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back