Found Deceased IN - Jacqueline Watts, 33, Columbus, 3 March 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do wonder if the sandbar is visible from any of the nearby houses. Since it was still light out, it seems that someone would have spotted her. So maybe it was only the next morning that her body washed onto the sandbar? Also, wouldn't the current have to be quite strong to do that? MOO

I just looked at a graph and the deepest part of that river (that actually is considered a creek) at that time was about 5 and 1/2 feet on the day she went missing. Usually from the graph it looks to be only 3 and 1/2 feet on average... Where she was at most people are saying the river was very shallow. There are areas in this so called river where you actually have to carry a canoe... It is mainly used to prevent flooding connecting to White River.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to keep bringing this map up!

The first time I posted it I made and error and then messed up my correction. I finally deleted that and reposted but before I could add my last thought:

If this address area is correct that WSer The foreigner found, and I am sure it must be, Look at how tragically close this happened to her family home.
attachment.php

Attachments

• flatrock.png
    flatrock.png
    881.7 KB · Views: 259
Do you routinely stop and chase strays? I'm asking respectfully - most people don't. But I do, and when I stop to chase strays I often see others stop to help, and they leave their cars running and doors open as I do. It's a mindset, and most people carefully drive by dogs who are running in the road so as to avoid hitting them, but few people stop and try to capture the dog. So I think you have to take that mindset into account.

Yes, I have had dogs all my life, and I have stopped to chase a stray dog or two. But I haven't ever left my car running when I have done it... I'm sure some people do, just doesn't seem likely especially when she was supposedly on the way to the airport. My opinion only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I have had dogs all my life, and I have stopped to chase a stray dog or two. But I haven't ever left my car running when I have done it... I'm sure some people do, just doesn't seem likely especially when she was supposedly on the way to the airport. My opinion only.

Right, it sounds like you've stopped to chase a very very few dogs. I'm really not trying to be disrespectful, I'm pointing out that she has a different mindset than you do. When LE investigates something, it's important that they look at the person's own habits, and not determine that she wouldn't have gone chasing a dog because most people wouldn't have done that. Once you learn that she WOULD be likely to do that thing most people don't do, you have to toss out the "most people's habits" line of thinking. I've chased well over 100 dogs. We don't know how much time she had before her flight - she could have thought she had time to grab the dog, read the tags, call the owner and take the dog to her parent's house.

I am curious about how many people who live in that neighborhood were home at the time. One possible scenario is that someone at a nearby house saw her chasing a stray and offered to help, then attacked her.

Nice map WebSight!

I think she pursued a dog (her dog?) in her car to the place where her car was found. From there, on the west side of the road the is a cleared block that seems to be used a track to the river. You can see it in most aerial shots. I think she tried to coax the dog into her car by opening the passenger side but when that failed she went after it on foot...leaving the PS door open to help her get it back in. What happened after the dog ran towards the river? I don't know, but if she fell/waded in river at that point the water is faster and deeper than it is downstream, below the weir (near the sandbar).

For those that wanted a winter view the Property Assessors map for the area is a little older but crystal clear with winter/spring season.
https://bartholomewin.elevatemaps.i...75,1447714.2228961608,1445457.2784517163,2244
ETA: You'll need to click on the square on the bottom left to get it in Satellite mode and then you can play with map layers on the bottom right if you want to get rid of the boundary info on your view.

Do you routinely stop and chase strays? I'm asking respectfully - most people don't. But I do, and when I stop to chase strays I often see others stop to help, and they leave their cars running and doors open as I do. It's a mindset, and most people carefully drive by dogs who are running in the road so as to avoid hitting them, but few people stop and try to capture the dog. So I think you have to take that mindset into account.

I stop whenever I see one... (told my husband to stop one time when he was driving because a dog ran across the road ~ he pointed out that it was a coyote... ~ so, yea ~ stop for everything!) and if I'm on a quiet, country road (usually the case), I do leave the car running... and other people usually stop as well... I spent 30-45 minutes in the middle of the night on a country road trying to get a skittish dog... def left the door open ~ it was kind of creepy...

i am a dog lover and the last time I spotted a dog running beside a road I pulled over quickly and jumped out of my car, leaving my door open, the car running, and my purse and cell phone on the passenger seat.

If she used to live in the exact area her car was found, maybe she knows the current owners and had some reason to stop by? To the person who mentioned all of the routes she could have taken back home -- was this one "out of the way?"

This case is baffling, and IMO don't believe it was an accident.

One big thing I think it's important to remind everyone of as someone mentioned earlier in the thread is the time of day. When I first read about this case I couldn't get out of my head it being dusk or darker for some reason until it was pointed out it had to have been before 5pm since that's when her car was found so it was still bright daylight. So to me she couldn't have gone after a dog but so blindly and it would have to be a slip and hit head type scenario ESPECIALLY if the water was as shallow as has been referenced. Just want to make sure you guys remember that because once it was pointed out to me it totally changed my thinking..

RBBM Yes! this is the part that has me struggling to make sense of all of this. Broad daylight and according to some maps, basically around the corner from where she just left. It seems like according to some locals that the route she was on would be one of a few routes she could take. So I wonder if her family started driving around looking for her to see if perhaps she had had an accident or flat tire, etc.

I agree with you...Especially with purse and everything in plain view...

I am thinking if someone else is involved they could have escaped down that nearby railroad track.

Will have to wait until Monday for further details and the autopsy.

Right, it sounds like you've stopped to chase a very very few dogs. I'm really not trying to be disrespectful, I'm pointing out that she has a different mindset than you do. When LE investigates something, it's important that they look at the person's own habits, and not determine that she wouldn't have gone chasing a dog because most people wouldn't have done that. Once you learn that she WOULD be likely to do that thing most people don't do, you have to toss out the "most people's habits" line of thinking. I've chased well over 100 dogs. We don't know how much time she had before her flight - she could have thought she had time to grab the dog, read the tags, call the owner and take the dog to her parent's house.
I realize that she could have had a different mindset than I do, and don't want to argue about my dog chasing methods. My main question is: Do we know the dog chasing theory is in fact substantiated by a witness, or is this just speculation. I'll read up and wait for more facts to come forth.

I agree with you...Especially with purse and everything in plain view...

Yes, but it was in a "safe" neighborhood. And, maybe she thought it wouldn't take that long to catch the dog. And once you commit to following the dog it's tough to decide when to stop.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The dog chasing theory is pure speculation and originated from a Facebook post of someone claiming to be a "Close family friend" and the post has spread like wildfire on social media. How would anyone know what she was doing, though?? Bizarre...

One question: Was the body found face up or face down? Face up likely homicide....Face down likely drowning...

But water would of had to of been higher I think and receded...A current would not wash a body completely ashore.

Yes, but it was in a "safe" neighborhood. And, maybe she thought it wouldn't take that long to catch the dog. And once you commit to following the dog it's tough to decide when to stop.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

There are NO SAFE NEIGHBORHOODS anymore in this world...Do you watch the news?

Okay, just spoke with Tricia and it has been decided that you may discuss your theory that Jacqueline may have been going after a dog.

As the theory is not substantiated by any known fact, you must clearly indicate that it is your theory only (JMO, MOO, IMO).

Bumping this post in response to up thread posts concerning whether or not Jacqueline was chasing a dog.

My sister went to work one day at a nice place and she never came home. She came up missing and was murdered by someone who had been released from jail in another state only 9 days before that...Do not think it won't happen...because it does...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back