GUILTY IN - Joelle Lockwood, 30, Evansville, 9 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I tend to agree with you. Did you note at the beginning of the interview how he stated that He and Joelle were trying to talk, but he was going to" bypass how they had to do the talking, in the interest of not embarrassing anybody" , but he wouldn't go into details of how exactly it was that they were talking? He stated that "she finally got through to me what she was trying to say".

What did they do, have a fake make-out session ? Was there some sort of sex act going on so she could spend time with him alone and tell her story ?

He mentions she kept putting her head down and then bringing it back up. It also sounded like the other couple was sitting right there in the room the whole time.

Listen to the first interview again at 11:15 on the clock timer (it runs backwards).

What the hell kind of people are these ? Are they from this planet ?

Well, it appears that she was acting completely subservient and he did not know what was going on. He would likely expect a captive person to scream or fight back, a lot of people would. The scenario he uncovered would be no one's first guess, because it's so horrible. But lots of addicts live in horrific conditions and prostitute themselves for very little. Who knows, maybe in the past his ex wife had "repayed" him this way. So many addicts offer up their bodies (or those of loved ones) for a fix, it's likely he just thought she was doing that- and he was the only one there with any cash. (does anyone remember the Mad Men where this happened with an ex flame turned junkie?)
I think they were hoping he'd have no scruples about abusing her as they did, and would fork over more cash if they let him have his way with her more frequently. MOO. More cash is the only reason I think that motivated this people, and why they showed him their captive.

Well, it appears that she was acting completely subservient and he did not know what was going on. He would likely expect a captive person to scream or fight back, a lot of people would. The scenario he uncovered would be no one's first guess, because it's so horrible. But lots of addicts live in horrific conditions and prostitute themselves for very little. Who knows, maybe in the past his ex wife had "repayed" him this way. So many addicts offer up their bodies (or those of loved ones) for a fix, it's likely he just thought she was doing that- and he was the only one there with any cash. (does anyone remember the Mad Men where this happened with an ex flame turned junkie?)
I think they were hoping he'd have no scruples about abusing her as they did, and would fork over more cash if they let him have his way with her more frequently. MOO. More cash is the only reason I think that motivated this people, and why they showed him their captive.

That makes sense. But the bottom line is that he did get her out and did call the authorities and when he talked about the reunion between mother and daughter, that big ol'Mountain teared up. And when he talked about how he would do it again, he also teared up.

The man may be a bit slow on the uptake. Just out of the hospital and on pain meds his ability to figure things out may have been further hampered. But once he realized what was happening he acted, risking his own safety to do so, instead of ignoring the situation, leaving her to the perps, or further victimizing her. He does sort of insinuate that something sexual may have been going on and that he believed she may have been there for him, but clearly he didn't understand she was a captive until later. When he did, he resolved he would not be leaving without her. He did the right thing and should not be criticized.

WOW!! What a miracle she was found, and can be reunited with her family!!!

That cage....shesh...my dog's cage is bigger than that, and she doesn't even have to live in it. :( What cruelty to Jolelle!!!

I'm kinda hoping this doesn't make national news. Can you imagine the healing she needs now? It also reminds me of a book I read one time, it was based on real life, young lady was picked up, and kept under the bed. She was eventually allowed out of the house, but was brainwashed to believe her captors were a part of this national group, and no matter where she went, she would be found, and brought back. Scary!!! But sure makes you wonder how many more of our missing are right in our neighborhoods.

You are right. It is better for this lady if the news stays small. It's going to be a long road ahead of her. Poor thing.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He admits himself that he only has an 8th grade education so maybe he just didn't think everything through. In his interview, he says he thought she was willing (he thought they were just "kinky") but when they were doing whatever they were doing, she found a way to tell him that she wanted out and he figured it out.

He doesn't seem to want to be called a hero and from what I've heard, he did not collect the reward either. He may not be completely innocent (sounds like he did something sexually with Joelle) but I think he didn't realize what was going on until after/during that encounter.

I dont think he knew what was going on and felt it was just kinky stuff. And I think Joelle used this opportunity to get close enough to him to try to let him know she was in trouble.

I hadn't followed this thread until I saw "Found Alive" - and we see that so rarely especially after so much time. Just watched the interview. What?!? What a crazy story.

Early on in the interview he says something about Ricky working on a "farm day and night" (if I understood him correctly), and near the end of part 1 he says that Joelle and Kendra used to work together at a restaurant.

It definitely sounds like a lot of chaos and maybe hard partying was going on, but I'm really glad he saw through the "haze" and saved Joelle.

ETA: just finished the second half. "I hope they find the rest of 'em alive." WHAT? Yikes.

ETA: just finished the second half. "I hope they find the rest of 'em alive." WHAT? Yikes.

I believe he's referring to the other women in the area who are missing - Kristy Kelley, Megan Nichols, etc.

I believe he's referring to the other women in the area who are missing - Kristy Kelley, Megan Nichols, etc.

I think you're probably right, but... I dunno, something in the way he said it I guess? I got the feeling he was almost saying something like I hope they find the rest of the girls they held in that cage alive (my impression only - not a quote) He said he doesn't read very well and he couldn't spell his ex's last name (and yet, still friendly enough with her to bring her alcohol and drugs?). I guess I don't see him as being super up to date on the latest news or missing person cases, so I took that as he somehow knew there were/are other girls who didn't get lucky enough to be rescued. He seems really street smart, and I have this feeling he either heard or picked up on something that makes him think there's something more there. I could be totally wrong, of course. I also really admire him for what he did.

As an Evansville local, jmo but I also think he is referencing the missing girls in a general sense, not that these missing girls were taken by the same evil couple.

My husband and I were in downtown Evansville over the weekend walking throughout the community and saw the missing posters everywhere for Kristy. Plus it has been all over the news so as a member of the community he would def know about Kristy's case. I personally feel at the end of the interview, Mountain broke down because he was remembering the conditions under which Joelle was held captive and thinking that without his saving her, she would have likely been killed -he was thinking of those other girls (esp Kristy since her disappearance has been everywhere) and he broke down imagining the fate of other girls and that maybe there will not be somewhere there to reduce them if needed :(

I cannot speak for mountain but that is what I took from the interview/video shared earlier in this thread. I think it was an emotional reunion he witnessed between Joelle and her Mother and he broke down imagining others not having a reunion as we all pray and hope will be another positive outcome.

Oops should be someone to rescue not reduce-grr stupid iPhone auto correct

I finally was able to watch the 30-minute video. WOW. This man might not be well educated, but he is a SMART man. He came up with a plan and had the guts and conviction to carry it through. It seems like his rough-living past gave him exactly the experience he needed to rescue Joelle.

He also is an amazing storyteller (I only wish this story were fiction). He's not a perfect saint, but he is an angel. I'm blown away by his story, and I was prepared to be a skeptic.

I'm thinking that Joelle didn't get pregnant as planned. Perhaps Ricky doesn't have kids because he can't. So, I wonder if they invited Ronald over to impregnate Joelle. They knew, after all, that Ronald was capable of fathering children. (I feel very strange even typing this as the story is so bizarre.) JMO.

What an amazing case.

I noticed in the probable cause that Kendra is trying to wiggle out of it by rolling on Ricky and deny deny deny her involvement. The evidence found supports Joelles statement so I believe her on the things the Kendra did to her too.

Also I should mention that Mountain was in the hospital according to him until last Tues-not sure how long he was hospitalized but there is not much to do from your hospital bed but read or watch tv, so I am sure he is well aware of Kristy missing.

Very sad and disappointed that Joelle's case did not get nearly as much media exposure as Kristy (until the national news suspected a link between Joelle and Kristy, but as has been reported a lot, there is not believed to be a connection but you never know) and that is a lesson. All the missing are equally valuable and I pray all those with loved ones get a reunion and come home like Joelle.

As an Evansville local, jmo but I also think he is referencing the missing girls in a general sense, not that these missing girls were taken by the same evil couple.

My husband and I were in downtown Evansville over the weekend walking throughout the community and saw the missing posters everywhere for Kristy. Plus it has been all over the news so as a member of the community he would def know about Kristy's case. I personally feel at the end of the interview, Mountain broke down because he was remembering the conditions under which Joelle was held captive and thinking that without his saving her, she would have likely been killed -he was thinking of those other girls (esp Kristy since her disappearance has been everywhere) and he broke down imagining the fate of other girls and that maybe there will not be somewhere there to reduce them if needed :(

I cannot speak for mountain but that is what I took from the interview/video shared earlier in this thread. I think it was an emotional reunion he witnessed between Joelle and her Mother and he broke down imagining others not having a reunion as we all pray and hope will be another positive outcome.

Thanks for another take on it. I didn't know there was so much publicity about the other women as well. We've had a few people go missing that were local/near local to me and there was so little publicity except in one case. No missing posters, barely any news coverage, etc. I'm with him, I hope the others are recovered alive too.

Also from my recent comment about Mountain possibly seeing coverage of Kristy-there have been a lot more coverage on the news about Kristy than Joelle so it is possible he did not see a flyer of Joelle and recognize her. When my husband and I walked downtown Evansville, we saw a lot more pictures up of Kristy than Joelle.

Plus if Joelle was kept in a cage and not allowed to shower for weeks or months plus not fed much, her physical appearance could be dramatically different, and there is a good chance neither Mountain or any of us would have recognized Joelle in her physical condition, even after viewing her missing flyer.

Until I hear otherwise I absolutely consider Mountain a hero! :)

Also I should mention that Mountain was in the hospital according to him until last Tues-not sure how long he was hospitalized but there is not much to do from your hospital bed but read or watch tv, so I am sure he is well aware of Kristy missing.

Very sad and disappointed that Joelle's case did not get nearly as much media exposure as Kristy (until the national news suspected a link between Joelle and Kristy, but as has been reported a lot, there is not believed to be a connection but you never know) and that is a lesson. All the missing are equally valuable and I pray all those with loved ones get a reunion and come home like Joelle.

I so agree. I've followed several cases of missing people in or near my area and only one has gotten much press. Honestly before I found WS I barely knew about any of the local missing people. It's kind of scary.

Good point about him being in the hospital. He probably saw all of 3 news channels over-and-over again.

I finally was able to watch the 30-minute video. WOW. This man might not be well educated, but he is a SMART man. He came up with a plan and had the guts and conviction to carry it through. It seems like his rough-living past gave him exactly the experience he needed to rescue Joelle.

He also is an amazing storyteller (I only wish this story were fiction). He's not a perfect saint, but he is an angel. I'm blown away by his story, and I was prepared to be a skeptic.

I'm thinking that Joelle didn't get pregnant as planned. Perhaps Ricky doesn't have kids because he can't. So, I wonder if they invited Ronald over to impregnate Joelle. They knew, after all, that Ronald was capable of fathering children. (I feel very strange even typing this as the story is so bizarre.) JMO.

What an amazing case.

About the last thing those two people needed is to bring a kid into this world. That kids upbringing would have been the stuff that nightmares are made from. They couldn't even feed or take care of themselves, and their dream was to have a baby of their own ?? I'm thinking this world might have been a lot better place had both of this couples parents opted to not have kids themselves.

They had neighbors. If Kendra was so afraid of Ricky she could have taken Joelle and went to one of them when Ricky left and called LE.

This has just hit our news here in Australia..............and wow oh wow.....holy heck.........another case of the truth being stranger than fiction....

I used to watch movies or tv shows and go "oh yeah a bit far fetched!" but after being on this site for a couple of years I now know differently.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back