IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking JW just refuses to speak to the media (he didn't appear fond of them in other reports), so perhaps his parents decided to speak for him. They probably should have talked to a media consultant before doing so!

They probably should have also looked at their son's social media accounts before doing so. #hypocrites

here's the vantage point the guy was at when apprehended. Weirdly, this photo is the picture at the very beginning of a video called "Lauren, dear Lauren." from the beinning of the investigation.

The vantage point is the third floor of the parking garage. Now, the video can't be viewed, or at least I can't. It has a song about Lauren's disappearance apparently. The words are strange in that they ask if she was the victim of a plot or conspiracy. The words were written by a friend from NY.

Back to the guy. I don't think he's crazy, IMO he does know who did it. He
is sleeping with guns all around his bed--for protection IMO. Seems like he was up there waiting to pick off someone

Possibly a falling out within an organized group, or just that he feels his knowledge is too specific to be allowed to live?

This guy knew what he was doing with guns. He had enough guns and ammo to fight a battle with him. He had his scope aimed right at the door, just like in this picture.

Why, why, why this picture to begin the video about Lauren? If you enlarge the photo, you can see a large man in the doorway facing the camera and a small blond next to him, his arm around her. Was this photo staged for the video, or on a regular evening? The woman is not Lauren because it was taken after remodelling, I think. Knowing the date of the video would be important but I am too tech challenged to figure that out.

This guy is a sniper, IMO. LE is so sketchy about him all along. For example, what about his psychiatric background, besides the report after he was arrested. Does he have a long record of mental illness?

He was organized. The guns he could be arrested for carrying were locked in his trunk but readily available. Instead of writing this guy off as a complete
whacko, why not sleuth him otherwise?

Why would someone with supposed ties to a militia type group of criminals want to avenge Lauren?

No, I don't think she was involved in a conspiracy, IMO it's not like that.
Retaliation--perhaps, but retaliation against whom?

Abduction of opportunity by someone and this guy was reluctant witness/participant? Thought he was gonna be killed and wanted to take out the one who ordered it?

Was she in the wrong place at the right time and these people thought she witnessed something?

He is saying he was going to avenge Lauren. You can't avenge by looking through a scope at someone, but by pulling the trigger.

Let's say it this way--You have a bunch of guns, know how to use them, and know for a fact that someone else just like that is trying to kill you. You get
caught trying to kill them first. Without any background info, people who knew just the gun part and your paranoia and wild claims would def think you were psychotic--but in fact the truth was so much stranger than fiction.

When people say nothing good happens after 1 a.m. it's nothing to laugh about. Only God and the Devil know what evil transpires after hours around that area.

By avenging Lauren, was he also protecting himself?

here's the vantage point the guy was at when apprehended. Weirdly, this photo is the picture at the very beginning of a video called "Lauren, dear Lauren." from the beinning of the investigation.

The vantage point is the third floor of the parking garage. Now, the video can't be viewed, or at least I can't. It has a song about Lauren's disappearance apparently. The words are strange in that they ask if she was the victim of a plot or conspiracy. The words were written by a friend from NY.

Back to the guy. I don't think he's crazy, IMO he does know who did it. He
is sleeping with guns all around his bed--for protection IMO. Seems like he was up there waiting to pick off someone

Possibly a falling out within an organized group, or just that he feels his knowledge is too specific to be allowed to live?

This guy knew what he was doing with guns. He had enough guns and ammo to fight a battle with him. He had his scope aimed right at the door, just like in this picture.

Why, why, why this picture to begin the video about Lauren? If you enlarge the photo, you can see a large man in the doorway facing the camera and a small blond next to him, his arm around her. Was this photo staged for the video, or on a regular evening? The woman is not Lauren because it was taken after remodelling, I think. Knowing the date of the video would be important but I am too tech challenged to figure that out.

This guy is a sniper, IMO. LE is so sketchy about him all along. For example, what about his psychiatric background, besides the report after he was arrested. Does he have a long record of mental illness?

He was organized. The guns he could be arrested for carrying were locked in his trunk but readily available. Instead of writing this guy off as a complete
whacko, why not sleuth him otherwise?

Why would someone with supposed ties to a militia type group of criminals want to avenge Lauren?

No, I don't think she was involved in a conspiracy, IMO it's not like that.
Retaliation--perhaps, but retaliation against whom?

Abduction of opportunity by someone and this guy was reluctant witness/participant? Thought he was gonna be killed and wanted to take out the one who ordered it?

Was she in the wrong place at the right time and these people thought she witnessed something?

He is saying he was going to avenge Lauren. You can't avenge by looking through a scope at someone, but by pulling the trigger.

Let's say it this way--You have a bunch of guns, know how to use them, and know for a fact that someone else just like that is trying to kill you. You get
caught trying to kill them first. Without any background info, people who knew just the gun part and your paranoia and wild claims would def think you were psychotic--but in fact the truth was so much stranger than fiction.

When people say nothing good happens after 1 a.m. it's nothing to laugh about. Only God and the Devil know what evil transpires after hours around that area.

By avenging Lauren, was he also protecting himself?

just clicked on my own post and now the video isn't private. weird

just clicked on my own post and now the video isn't private. weird

Wth. I must have missed this video along the way. Who made this? It says John Beck on the YouTube account, but I didn't know if he had any relevance in the case.

Am I the only one who finds that song to be just a bit creepy? :eek:

Wth. I must have missed this video along the way. Who made this? It says John Beck on the YouTube account, but I didn't know if he had any relevance in the case.

Am I the only one who finds that song to be just a bit creepy? :eek:

You're definitely not alone there. I missed this too. That was odd to say the least.

A solid response from the Spierers. The motion document cites several cases that are relevant and that really make the 'duty of care' argument a lot clearer. Worth reading in full.

In the conclusion, they clearly state the intention of the lawsuit again:

The Spierers have suffered a tragedy no parent should ever experience. This lawsuit seeks two simple things on their behalf: answers and remedies. Indiana law allows for both. The Defendants’ ill placed Motions to Dismiss should be denied and discovery in this matter should proceed

I feel confident that the motion to dismiss will be denied.

Hoping this brings answers and justice for Lauren.

The last two Bloomington women to disappear and be found dead were found this way. Jill Behrrman wasn't found for years.

I don't think he was a construction worker. I believe he worked inside a warehouse making/assembling office furniture.

I agree with this 100%!!!

So. What'd I miss?

I'm only kidding, I'll read back and catch up but I had to disengage from here for a bit, take breather for sake of sanity. I feel re-grounded, fresh eyed and ready to start reading all these legal doc's. yippee.

I was looking at floor plans of the 5 North town homes etc, and read under FAQs on their website, storage facilities were available while waiting for leases to end/begin. Made me curious if any involved parties had one, and whether it was searched or held any type of evidence at any time that dogs or forensics could still point out?

http://currydevelopment.com/5north/5north.html

I was looking at floor plans of the 5 North town homes etc, and read under FAQs on their website, storage facilities were available while waiting for leases to end/begin. Made me curious if any involved parties had one, and whether it was searched or held any type of evidence at any time that dogs or forensics could still point out?

http://currydevelopment.com/5north/5north.html

I think this is a really good question. LS has to be somewhere, yet it's hard to fathom how she left Bloomington that morning. Cars must have been scrutinized and checked. She could be under concrete but someone would have had to get her to that location and buried her without detection as well.

I can't believe that her body is still in Bloomington, but stranger things have happened. I also remember discussions about how tiny she was ... able to fit in a big cooler, perhaps, or be rolled up in a sleeping bag. I still tend to believe that the POIs were involved.

But if LS somehow had the extreme bad luck to run into a worse loser that night, she could have ended up in a storage unit not associated with the POIs. I suspect other apartment buildings had similar set-ups.

I just watched that Dear Lauren video posted by John Beck that Ixchel directed us to... could not keep my eyes off of the distraught faces of Lauren's parents.

My heart aches for Rob & Charlene. It is against human nature for a parent to simply lose their child with no explanation or body. I cannot imagine the frustration that they feel daily.

A solid response from the Spierers. The motion document cites several cases that are relevant and that really make the 'duty of care' argument a lot clearer. Worth reading in full.

In the conclusion, they clearly state the intention of the lawsuit again:

I feel confident that the motion to dismiss will be denied.

Hoping this brings answers and justice for Lauren.

I value your confidence and I hope you're right, Abbey.

I wonder if the recent release of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michelle Knight will have any bearing on the judge's decision. Obviously, the circumstances are different in Lauren's case with evidence of her physical state and the fact that she had an existing heart condition.

The HT is now requiring a subscription to read this article. Did it give the date of the hearing? Or the location?

Here is a direct quote from the article:

Attorneys for both sides will present their cases during an Aug. 22 court hearing in U.S. District Court in Indianapolis before federal court Judge Tim A. Baker.

Here is a direct quote from the article:

Attorneys for both sides will present their cases during an Aug. 22 court hearing in U.S. District Court in Indianapolis before federal court Judge Tim A. Baker.

I know I asked this before...but I'm not sure if I received a response. Are court hearings like this open to the public? I know some are but I don't know what differentiates between the ones that are and aren't. I'm only 15 minutes from downtown Indianapolis, so I'd definitely attend if I was allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artem1