IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video I provided a few posts up provides a timeline from the private investigators, and they mention that there was both alcohol and drugs available at Rosenbaum's party, which was where LS was before she went to Kilroy's. It also mentions how eager she was to find her phone, which takes me back to my earlier theory that maybe she was heading for Kilroy's after she left 5N, on the chance that someone was still inside closing up, so that she could get her phone back.

@dvhahn

It's not clear - They may not have known her apartment as ZO and the people present were not, as far as I know, friends with Lauren. The story reported in more detail was that, according to ZO and other witnesses, Corey was being aggressive toward Lauren and bothering her, and she was intoxicated to the point of being incoherent and not being able to walk on her own. They told Corey he should bring her home, and he got confrontational, ZO punched him, and then he left, taking Lauren with him. I've also wondered why they didn't intervene further... It's possible they were drunk too or that they had tried and weren't sure what else to do about it. A few minutes later, another unrelated witness on the street stopped them, asking if Lauren was okay, and again, ZO said he had things under control. She was obviously concerned as well, but she too let her go without calling for help. I think people are often unsure of what to do in these types of situations when things seem off but they don't know the people well or at all...

Oops, I can't edit this post, but just wanted to clarify - clearly that last part should say that COREY told the witness he had things under control, not ZO.

It is past time for Lauren's male friends and boyfriend to tell this world what the know. I hope Dateline catches up with them and puts a camera in their faces real soon. Time to man up and speak up. Past time!

I was told that a tracking dog lost her scent in the alley by Morton St. Then, I"m told about three cadaver dogs getting a hit by the
5 North dumpster. So, I"m ready for someone to enlighten me as to how these dogs were so mistaken. I really want to believe her buddies are innocent.

I thought I had posted this before, but what's interesting about this is it is a very detailed account of the incident between ZO and CR at Smallwood, and the journalist telling the story of the timeline is actually interspersed with interviews from Bo Dietle & Michael Caravalo, LS's parents' private investigators: http://www.lohud.com/story/news/2016/01/29/lauren-spierer-timeline/79520224/

Wow, that video was fascinating. It's definitely the most complete account I've heard of her trip from Kilroy's to JR's house. And whoa! I either forgot or did not know that JR was a an old camp friend of hers. Camp is also how she knew JW.

MB's alibi seems so implausible to me. He said he had been drinking but was also home studying in the wee hours of a Saturday night. Who does that? The most studious wouldn't be drunk if they were studying on a Sat. night, and the type of guy to have drinks before studying isn't likely to be in on a Sat. night hitting the books. However, since JR puts LS at his place just prior to her disappearance, it's hard to imagine how MB would have been responsible, unless MB actually joined LS and JR for some more partying. But why would JR agree to go along with a lie that puts him alone with LS if it weren't true?

He said he had been drinking but was also home studying in the wee hours of a Saturday night. Who does that?

It was a Thursday night, turning into a Friday morning wasn't it?

It was a Thursday night, turning into a Friday morning wasn't it?

Yes, Thanks -- I wish I could edit -- you're right. It was a Thursday night.

Many schools have classes meeting on mostly Monday-Wednesday and Tuesday-Thursday. At my midwestern big ten school, my only classes that met on Fridays were science labs or intensive language classes, so Thursday was pretty much a weekend night.

I think that someone nerdy enough to spend an evening in studying on a party night would also be nerdy enough to abstain from alcohol...and if not nerdy enough to be in studying, wouldn't come home to study after putting on an alcohol base coat.

I think when you're intoxicated and have a jolt of adrenaline (e.g., you're suddenly scared that you are about to get into huge trouble with police or a parent or a boyfriend), the anxiety/fear can temporarily sober you up enough to move pretty fast. Maybe the fight was stressful enough that LS was able to get it together enough to at least help CR to his feet and get of the building pretty fast.

Where does this stuff come from? There are 35 threads here and it's like the people posting now haven't read them.
LS was not able to stand on her own during or after the altercation at Smallwood. The idea that CR was having trouble standing or walking has always been misinformation perpetuated by his defenders. Its a LIE.
The Videos show LS sliding down the wall of the elevator, and then CR helping her out the door, not to her apt. Then down the path towards 5N. LS was NOT helping CR. She was totally incapacitated. She had fallen multiple times and had head injuries. ZO did nothing to help LS. So it's logical that the altercation had nothing to do with her, and was not a chivalrous act.

Sigh. Checking in with Lauren on this crappiest of anniversaries. She and I are about five months apart in age. I remember when she disappeared really vividly. I really thought she'd be found quickly. In the five years since she disappeared, I got married and am now expecting my first baby. Lots of happiness and excitement for my parents. It makes me think of Lauren's parents and how much they've been robbed of. And Lauren as well. She could have experienced so much in these past five years. Now all she can hope for is justice =( Best of luck, Lauren...

Wow, that video was fascinating. It's definitely the most complete account I've heard of her trip from Kilroy's to JR's house. And whoa! I either forgot or did not know that JR was a an old camp friend of hers. Camp is also how she knew JW.

MB's alibi seems so implausible to me. He said he had been drinking but was also home studying in the wee hours of a Saturday night. Who does that? The most studious wouldn't be drunk if they were studying on a Sat. night, and the type of guy to have drinks before studying isn't likely to be in on a Sat. night hitting the books. However, since JR puts LS at his place just prior to her disappearance, it's hard to imagine how MB would have been responsible, unless MB actually joined LS and JR for some more partying. But why would JR agree to go along with a lie that puts him alone with LS if it weren't true?

That has always been a most curious question. CR's story is full of holes. MB's story is full of holes. JR's story covers for everyone else and then sets it up for a dead end.
After spending years going through the details and known facts, I and many others arrived at the same conclusion as Charlene Spierer.
The theories boiled down to more about did LS die in the parking lot or at 5N, was she raped, and how did they get rid of the body.
So why would JR cover for the others? I think it was to orchestrate a tight defense for everyone. And to control the timeline such that her body would be removed and evidence cleared.
CR claimed amnesia - how convenient. MB's conflicting stories have a common thread that he did see LS, but he is in no way responsible.
So in this type of case to prosecute for her death ( had she not vanished and the cover up taken place. ) LE and prosecutor would normally have them pointing fingers at each other.
If pointing fingers at each other, you would have all sorts of culpability. Who gave LS which drug and where and when? Why didn't they call 911? and so on...
Instead you have JR taking the heat. And this heat is better than the other heat, because he is in control of the whole thing.
The clever guy with the most money and the best lawyer. The guy who had everyone at his place. The guy who had out of town friends there.
It's only his story since he claims to be the last to see LS, no finger pointing from CR or MB.
And somehow LS is removed and never found and no one sees a thing.
JR's story isn't full of holes, but it does raise several very interesting questions.
It's a carefully crafted story designed to get everyone off the hook. But it's not believable.
So, JR's best defense was to take it all upon himself so the other 2 aren't adversaries.
JR then passes the blame onto some imaginary abductor.
Think about it... the 2 people who could prove JR is lying would incriminate themselves.
I don't think you can get an immunity deal if you say... we were all there and she died... but it was all JR's idea to cover it up to save all of our asses.
And I strongly think a 4th person was involved. I think a 4th person removed LS's body and disposed of it.
And only JR may know that 4th person. Again, a separate mutual loyalty.

Where does this stuff come from? There are 35 threads here and it's like the people posting now haven't read them.
LS was not able to stand on her own during or after the altercation at Smallwood.
The idea that CR was having trouble standing or walking has always been misinformation perpetuated by his defenders. Its a LIE.
The Videos show LS sliding down the wall of the elevator, and then CR helping her out the door, not to her apt. Then down the path towards 5N. LS was NOT helping CR. She was totally incapacitated. She had fallen multiple times and had head injuries. ZO did nothing to help LS. So it's logical that the altercation had nothing to do with her, and was not a chivalrous act.

I've actually read every single thread, but spread over 5 years, I don't recall every detail and there is enough conflicting information that it's easy to remember the wrong "facts". However, I think many are getting theories confused with facts.

It is a fact that LS was very impaired. It is a fact (based on interviews) that LS was helped by CR and not vice-versa (I was wrong about that). It is not a fact that ZO did nothing to help LS (one could argue that trying to stop CR was "for") or that the altercation had nothing to do with her. At least the detectives *believe* that it had everything to do with her based on what they were told of the verbal exchange between CR and ZO. Key word is "believe".

Very confusing timeline:

"After leaving the bar, Rossman helped Lauren Spierer to her apartment building and took her to her floor. He did not get her into her apartment 100 yards away from the elevator. A group of people concerned about her welfare argued with Rossman, who got punched by a man named in court documents as Zach Oakes.Rossman then took Spierer out of her building and back to his place through an alley."

If they were so concerned about her welfare why did they not let her go to her apartment only 100 yards away?

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/ne...cle_ee77c557-3742-5470-a468-715e2bb08b53.html

exactly. I think this "group of people" included the assailants and Lauren's friends, and that one of their goals was to not let CR in Lauren's apt, an apt that as an adult, she pais rent for and had every tight to bring him into, By her own account, HT didn't know CR well enough to have any gripe about him personally. It's just that she adored Lauren's bf.

and we never do find out where HT was, do we? She goes on national media to say this time Lauren went to far, but never talks about where she was during the altercation.

And this to AbbyR, yes, yes, the articles and timeline say what they say. The conversation at present is why some of the timeline could be false, misleading, and one-sided.

I hope no one gets the impression I am defending CR!!! guy's a liar, but the question is, why and who is he defending? I.m just saying about him, that he was most likely taking Lauren back to her apt.

A group of people can lie spontaneously, I've seen it in action.

I've actually read every single thread, but spread over 5 years, I don't recall every detail and there is enough conflicting information that it's easy to remember the wrong "facts". However, I think many are getting theories confused with facts.

It is a fact that LS was very impaired. It is a fact (based on interviews) that LS was helped by CR and not vice-versa (I was wrong about that). It is not a fact that ZO did nothing to help LS (one could argue that trying to stop CR was "for") or that the altercation had nothing to do with her. At least the detectives *believe* that it had everything to do with her based on what they were told of the verbal exchange between CR and ZO. Key word is "believe".

I agree. Also, to AbbeyR and VeryVeritas, , don't take this wrong, but you are both missing the point of the latest turn of conversation. You are posting links of the """OFFICIAL""" timeline
to dispute what people are writing, when the whole point is to expound on what we think is fishy, could be a lie, and why we think that. So naturally, these remarks will clash with the timeline.

There must not have been any threatening texts on her cell phone, but I remember young love and I would not have been happy if my girl had been out drinking with a bunch of guys. There are as many questions today as there were 5 years ago, which is what makes this case so frustrating and disturbing.

http://alwaysnewnews.weebly.com/

I think you're right ROS, when I Google ZC I see a USA today article from June of 2013 where she talks about LS doing shots before Kilroy's, and stating that CR "knew he got into a fight with some of [JW's] friends....

I have been deposed in court cases that were way more frivolous than this one. So, I was surprised and disappointed that the judge did not allow the Spierers to take CR's deposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay