IN - Mark Sandifur, charged with child molesting, Flora, 28 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I looked this morning on the court site - and it still has the trial starting yesterday - so I will post this & check the site later today & see what's going on!
If anyone finds any info - please post! :)

Tuesday, August 18th:
*Trial Continues (Day 2) (@ 9am CT) – IN – 13 year old (August, 19, 2019 & goes back a year, Flora) - *Mark Joe Sandifur (36/now 37) arrested & charged (8/21/19) with 3 counts Level 4 felony charges of child molesting & 1 count of Level 1 felony charge of child molesting. Plead not guilty. $100K Surety bond (10% cash). Bond posted by mother & released (9/2/19).
Trial started on 8/17/20 (thru 8/19/20)
Court info from 8/23/19 thru 12/17/19 reference post #613 here:
IN - Mark Sandifur, charged with child molesting, Flora, 28 Aug 2019

5/13/20 Update: Jury Trial originally scheduled on 5/11/20 at 9:00 AM was rescheduled to 8/17/20 at 9:00 AM. Reason: Court's Own Motion (COVID-19).
8/17/20 Day 1 of trial: Jury selection?

I checked circuit court several times yesterday and they weren't streaming. They had 10 jury trials scheduled yesterday and 4 were cancelled; Sandifur was still scheduled but there is nothing for him listed today or tomorrow. Maybe they aren't streaming their cases.

I read that Marion Co IN superior court will resume jury trials next week.

Do we know if anything happened in court yesterday or today??
I was just popping in for updates and I cant open the doxpop link on my laptop right now to view.
TIA

Does anyone local know if in fact MJS trial started today? There's nothing new listed on his docket as happening today.
Or today...docket remains the same. If it was postponed again wouldn't it show by now? If it's ongoing yesterday, today and scheduled for tomorrow also, why doesn't his MyCase show there was a trial progressing.?

I'm not going to post my info until we find out IF the trial is going on. I looked this morning & it still has not changed re jury trial to start on 8/17/20.

I spent a lot of time yesterday wading through the Elkhart Co court system because they are all actively streaming. Superior court 3 had 16 jury trials scheduled for Monday and all but 2 were cancelled. The calendar for Tuesday and today is blank except for 1 hearing. However, when I checked the live stream, one of those active cases was being heard. I didn't listen until the end so I don't know if the trial concluded or if it will continue today.

Niner is probably right that day 1 is jury selection and the next 2 days are set aside for the actual trial. I think the Sandifur trial is being held but CaCo is not streaming.

This is the county it is in & case #s

Carroll County #08C01-1908-F1-000003 & 08C01-1908-F1-DM1384575

This is the county it is in & case #s

Carroll County #08C01-1908-F1-000003 & 08C01-1908-F1-DM1384575
Thanks. That second number ending in 575 is the prosecutor case management number. Have you ever been able to access the contents?

Thanks. That second number ending in 575 is the prosecutor case management number. Have you ever been able to access the contents?

No I have not been able. I just went into the Doxpop link & I have used my 5 free searches... didn't know there was a limit - dang! :(

It seems like most jury trials are cancelled in favor of plea bargains. I finally found an older one that went about a month and a half from trial date to sentencing date. About halfway through, they posted the judgement.

I wonder if Covid has pushed the courts behind?

Still nothing listed...link below does expire at some point...just google "MyCase Indiana" and put his name in.

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

If this reply was to me... unfortunately, I can't access this link from Europe. But thank you for trying to help me! :)

So - no news on this "trial" that is supposed to be happening? Nothing in the news?
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

If this reply was to me... unfortunately, I can't access this link from Europe. But thank you for trying to help me! :)

So - no news on this "trial" that is supposed to be happening? Nothing in the news?
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

I don’t live anywhere close to Indiana but I haven’t been able to find anything about the trial either. Even if it’s actually taking place! Kinda crazy.

They cancelled and rescheduled for Jan 11

08/20/2020: Administrative Event
The United States Center for Disease Control ( CDC ) recommends social distancing as a means of limiting the spread of COVID-19 and other potentially fatal viruses. The Court, on its own motion, continues the hearing from August 17, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. to January 11, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. at which time Defendant is ORDERED to appear. Failure to appear may result in the issuance of a body attachment. (Copy to State, Counsel of Record)

They cancelled and rescheduled for Jan 11

08/20/2020: Administrative Event
The United States Center for Disease Control ( CDC ) recommends social distancing as a means of limiting the spread of COVID-19 and other potentially fatal viruses. The Court, on its own motion, continues the hearing from August 17, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. to January 11, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. at which time Defendant is ORDERED to appear. Failure to appear may result in the issuance of a body attachment. (Copy to State, Counsel of Record)
Thank you for this update...where are you seeing "Defendant is ORDERED to appear. Failure to appear may result in the issuance of a body attachment."? It doesn't say that on MyCase docket that I can see.

Thank you for this update...where are you seeing "Defendant is ORDERED to appear. Failure to appear may result in the issuance of a body attachment."? It doesn't say that on MyCase docket that I can see.
That's where I copied it from.
Mark J. Sandifur
08C01-1908-F1-000003

It's the first entry for 8/20/2020

This Carroll Co. case was also scheduled for jury trial at the same time and cancelled with the same message. 08C01-2002-F2-000001

That's where I copied it from.
Mark J. Sandifur
08C01-1908-F1-000003

It's the first entry for 8/20/2020

This Carroll Co. case was also scheduled for jury trial at the same time and cancelled with the same message. 08C01-2002-F2-000001
Thank you, yes I see it now. I was looking in wrong area.

So @FrostedGlass - can I still bug you on when his next court hearing date might be? I'll check in - maybe - say a couple of weeks from now? I'm sure he will have some hearings before January.

TIA! :)

So @FrostedGlass - can I still bug you on when his next court hearing date might be? I'll check in - maybe - say a couple of weeks from now? I'm sure he will have some hearings before January.

TIA! :)
Feel free to check in any time.

I'm not understanding their reasoning behind putting the trial into the middle of January. If Covid is the real reason, I doubt that it will be better then plus it's flu season. CaCo has only had 239 cases of Covid.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd
Back