GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just noting it appears RM had a recent change of residency shortly prior to his death.

Case Search - MyCase
Case 79D06-1811-CM-004998
State of Indiana v. RYAN A MARTIN

05/08/2019
Administrative Event
ADDRESS UPDATE - Court updates Defendant's address/telephone per Bond Agreement

Interesting.
Maybe it wad a new phone though as he still was apparently living on Kenosha Court.

This case has very limited if any of the evidence available.
A gag order is in place.
Facts we do know.
There is a deceased RM.
TJ was arrested.
It is connected to a Protective Order in place regarding a person know to both the victim found and TJ the accused.
Some statements made in MSM regarding time line.
Both RM and TJ were employed at the same company.
RM has a child now fatherless.
TJ with no children has caused a great deal of pain to his own immediate family.
Mental illness gives no pass to take another life.
MOO nobody is making judgment on what is unknown.
Rather on what we do know.
TJ is innocent until proven guilty.
RM has no voice.

Exceptional synopsis/post.

Imo.

This site says the legal cost to defend a intentional murder (Murder 1) is 100-150k.
@Boxer wow that's a lot of money. Maybe they are paying the money because they know more about what is going on? Moo Just a guess. Moo the trial won't be for a least a year or so. Seems like most cases like this are not done right away. Would be sad if TJ was really framed like others suggested in other post. I couldn't imagine sitting in jail when you knew you didn't do anything. You see that sort of thing happen all the time.

SR contacted LE around 8a.m. IIRC when she saw TJ attempting to gain entry so it doesn't leave much time for RM to leave and then return to TJ's place as he had asked the girls to be gone by 7 a.m. - only an hour. Where would he have been in that hour if not in TJ's apartment?
@tresir2012 was it proven that TJ went into the house? Or was it just SR saying that? Maybe RM didnt come home on time and SR was upset because she knew TJ and him were friends and wanted to get TJ in trouble. Idk it's all so odd.

@tresir2012 was it proven that TJ went into the house? Or was it just SR saying that? Maybe RM didnt come home on time and SR was upset because she knew TJ and him were friends and wanted to get TJ in trouble. Idk it's all so odd.

Tj lived where in Delphi when he went to Delphi Community HS? Why no college since he was on the Quiz Bowl team?

How did TJ meet SR? It really was not her lucky day.
Presumably TJ graduated DCHS 2018 with his class in Delphi.
By December 2018 SR was starting to ask for protection from him.

Her FB indicated she had some Purdue attendance - but seems to have wound up in her home county near Louiseville requesting a protective order.
Was he calling her or actually physically following her. The court requires evidence to issue protective orders, I wonder wether TJ was violent or verbally threatening?
Maybe he called every 5 minutes?
Does he have a history of mental illness? Was he in regular classes at school? Hard to know.

Last edited:
Tj lived where in Delphi when he went to Delphi Community HS? Why no college since he was on the Quiz Bowl team?
@Boxer wow that's a lot of money. Maybe they are paying the money because they know more about what is going on? Moo Just a guess. Moo the trial won't be for a least a year or so. Seems like most cases like this are not done right away. Would be sad if TJ was really framed like others suggested in other post. I couldn't imagine sitting in jail when you knew you didn't do anything. You see that sort of thing happen all the time.

Trial is set for October 22. The money is to pay to fight hard to lessen the charge from Intentional Murder.
Who said TJ was framed?
Please provide a link.

It was reported in MSM IIRC that was why she called LE. Do you suspect she may have made it up?

Last edited:
Tj lived where in Delphi when he went to Delphi Community HS?

RSBM

Case Summary

State of Indiana v. TALMADGE R JASPER
Case Number 79D06-1709-IF-006873
Court Tippecanoe Superior Court 6
Type IF - Infraction
Filed 09/06/2017
Status 10/20/2017 , Decided
Appear By 10/23/2017
Parties to the Case
Hide all party details
Defendant JASPER, TALMADGE R
Description

Male, White, 5' 11", 123 lbs.
Address

2205 S PRINCE WILLIAM RD
DELPHI, IN 46923

Trial is set for October 22. The money is to pay to fight hard to lessen the charge from Intentional Murder.
Who said TJ was framed?
Please provide a link.
@Boxer I had just seen that on one of comments on here someone mention they had wondered if he was framed. I'm not sure what made them put that.
That makes sense the money to fight would be to lessen the charge.

Yes the premeditated part is what doesn’t make a lot of sense considering the body was found in TJs closet. I wonder where RMs vehicle was eventually found?

I’m sure there’ll be more evidence heard during the trial but IF on the off chance (innocent until proven guilty) somebody attempted to frame TJ and RM did leave, then later his body was placed in TJs closet while TJ wasn’t at his home, all we know for now is the highly incriminating evidence coming from the three young women - SR, TJs girlfriend and her friend which certainly appears to nail the case shut. IE, TJ going to SRs, TJ announcing RM was coming over, the removal and hiding of the bloody cushions, etc.

Why I’m look forward to hearing if there’s more to the story is because on the surface this case didn’t require any intensity of police work whatsoever to solve. If only crime solving were all so easy, the perp giving himself away like this.
Who said TJ was framed?
Please provide a link.

Searching the thread shows Misty first mentioned it only as an off chance, so an opinion only.

What others here have suggested he may have been framed?

I’d imagine RM was at a point in his life where facing a 6 month jail sentence might’ve caused his to lose his job, his home, his girlfriend and impact visitation with his child. This is why I think it’s possible he had a very strong incentive to turn over incriminating information against a third party with the hope the State would reconsider their move to revoke his parole.

Just a totally off the wall thought that RM sought TJ’s collaboration and that was the common element between the two for which total privacy was required. But suddenly RM is found dead and TJ is charged with his murder. If TJ is innocent the safest place for him right now is in jail.

When LE discover a murder victim in the bedroom closet of another person who claims that victim left his residence alive, either it’s a simple cut and dried murder case or there’s much more to the story that we don’t know yet. My hope is somehow this might connect to a suspect in the Delphi murders but that’s probably only wishful thinking.

My thoughts are very similar with a detail or two that could differ, I think I have mentioned before. The main difference is that I do not see TJ as a good guy who was framed but as the one tasked to kill RM or who did it himself. Regardless, with me as well, it is probably not the case and could very well be just as simple as jealousy and not any deeper than that, but it seems there must be something more, but who knows, an obsessed young man can be quite volatile.

Tippecanoe County sure has had their things lately... And dead men can't talk...

I always lean in favor of the victims and I think we want to give them a voice, only one man is dead here, that is the victim.

So in this case for it not to be TJ someone had to be at the apartment who killed RM or someone carried a dead body into TJ's apartment and in either case, where was TJ while other people were in his apartment either killing or bringing in a body? I don't see that, particularly if it can be proven RM and TJ rode together... I could, however, believe he had help, not saying that I think he did, but that I could believe that.

Jmo though.

Wow, that is plenty, not surprised though. I also bet it is not unusual for it to go even higher. I doubt it is ever much lower unless a deal is struck or guilt is admitted.

Jmo.

Must cost the state the same or more, and the DA doesn't charge unless very confident in the evidence the police present.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13
Back