GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Something I wonder....what was TJ’s alleged stated reason to convince the two girls leave at 7am and not return until gave them an all clear, all because RM was coming over. If it involved a quick drug deal, couldn’t he just ask they remain out of sight in another room for a short while? And if drugs were involved in TJs lifestyle, by him allegedly mentioning RM’s name it’s not as if TJ was shielding RM’s identity so why even ask them to leave. TJ must’ve given them a reason..... obviously aside from intending to commit murder.

Toxicity tests might also be relevant in this case, to assist in determining RMs time of death. IIRC the search warrant for TJs apartment wasn’t issued until appx 12 hours later.

@MistyWaters I wonder if he did leave when TJ said he did. Maybe he came back later and something happened. It will be interesting to know the time of dealth.

@MistyWaters why do you think it took so long to get a Search warrant? 12 hours seems like a long time. Moo it wouldn't take long to get one

I wonder about that too. I can only guess maybe that RMs disappearance wasn’t considered suspicious....or the girls didn’t talk to LE until much later that same day. This is one of the reasons I’m also curious as to where RMs vehicle was found. Aside from RM reported missing, surely LE would’ve sought the reason TJ was driving it (car theft?) considering SR reported he was.

I wonder about that too. I can only guess maybe that RMs disappearance wasn’t considered suspicious....or the girls didn’t talk to LE until much later that same day. This is one of the reasons I’m also curious as to where RMs vehicle was found. Aside from RM reported missing, surely LE would’ve sought the reason TJ was driving it (car theft?) considering SR reported he was.
@MistyWaters moo if he drove it to his house like SR said wouldn't they have filed some kind of charge on him for that? It did say in RM current mycase that he was going to serve time due to violation of smart lock which is the breathalyzer on your car and his special driver license was revoked. Why wouldn't SR just drive him to work since he wasn't suppose to be driving? Moo there is more to know about SR. Was she upset that RM and TJ were friends and TJ wasn't trying to fight over her? I just don't think it was a jealous issue.

@MistyWaters moo if he drove it to his house like SR said wouldn't they have filed some kind of charge on him for that? It did say in RM current mycase that he was going to serve time due to violation of smart lock which is the breathalyzer on your car and his special driver license was revoked. Why wouldn't SR just drive him to work since he wasn't suppose to be driving? Moo there is more to know about SR. Was she upset that RM and TJ were friends and TJ wasn't trying to fight over her? I just don't think it was a jealous issue.

I’d imagine RM was at a point in his life where facing a 6 month jail sentence might’ve caused his to lose his job, his home, his girlfriend and impact visitation with his child. This is why I think it’s possible he had a very strong incentive to turn over incriminating information against a third party with the hope the State would reconsider their move to revoke his parole.

Just a totally off the wall thought that RM sought TJ’s collaboration and that was the common element between the two for which total privacy was required. But suddenly RM is found dead and TJ is charged with his murder. If TJ is innocent the safest place for him right now is in jail.

When LE discover a murder victim in the bedroom closet of another person who claims that victim left his residence alive, either it’s a simple cut and dried murder case or there’s much more to the story that we don’t know yet. My hope is somehow this might connect to a suspect in the Delphi murders but that’s probably only wishful thinking.

I’d imagine RM was at a point in his life where facing a 6 month jail sentence might’ve caused his to lose his job, his home, his girlfriend and impact visitation with his child. This is why I think it’s possible he had a very strong incentive to turn over incriminating information against a third party with the hope the State would reconsider their move to revoke his parole.

Just a totally off the wall thought that RM sought TJ’s collaboration and that was the common element between the two for which total privacy was required. But suddenly RM is found dead and TJ is charged with his murder. If TJ is innocent the safest place for him right now is in jail.

When LE discover a murder victim in the bedroom closet of another person who claims that victim left his residence alive, either it’s a simple cut and dried murder case or there’s much more to the story that we don’t know yet. My hope is somehow this might connect to a suspect in the Delphi murders but that’s probably only wishful thinking.

MOO I am pretty sure RM would be serving weekends in jail, not a six month stretch.
And who knows about more ...
both these men have their DNA on file, so them personally having a connection to Delphi murders, minus an actual DNA reading error seems unlikely.

MOO I am pretty sure RM would be serving weekends in jail, not a six month stretch.
And who knows about more ...
both these men have their DNA on file, so them personally having a connection to Delphi murders, minus an actual DNA reading error seems unlikely.

I don’t know about the State of Indiana but typically when parole is granted and the conditions are violated by the parolee, it’s looked upon harshly. The offender isn’t given a second chance and the remainder of the sentence is automatically served in jail. This is also why I question if RM was still driving as well. It just didn’t make sense to me why he’d post bond until his upcoming hearing but continue to violate his existing parole violation. His upcoming trial date was May 28th and he was murdered five days prior. If timing was totally unconnected to his murder it’s a very great coincidence IMO.

I don’t know about the State of Indiana but typically when parole is granted and the conditions are violated by the parolee, it’s looked upon harshly. The offender isn’t given a second chance and the remainder of the sentence is automatically served in jail. This is also why I question if RM was still driving as well. It just didn’t make sense to me why he’d post bond until his upcoming hearing but continue to violate his existing parole violation. His upcoming trial date was May 28th and he was murdered five days prior. If timing was totally unconnected to his murder it’s a very great coincidence IMO.

MOO to me Indiana appears be the most lenient state regarding trying to rope their bad boys back in. RM obviously had substance abuse issues, but he was also a young Dad, and so, yes, maybe he had come to the endof his chances-
I doubt he talked about it with any other male though.
He may have used friends to bypass his breathalyzer ignition lock. Maybe that is why TJ was given a ride, doesn't explain going in TJs apartment though.

@MistyWaters MOO is that it's not related to the Delphi murder case. TJ would have only 16 at the time. He doesn't look like the sketch and his body type isn't even close to the one they have pictures of.

@MistyWaters MOO is that it's not related to the Delphi murder case. TJ would have only 16 at the time. He doesn't look like the sketch and his body type isn't even close to the one they have pictures of.

Oh no, I’m not suggesting TJ (nor RM) were directly related to the Delphi case. But given TJ was from Delphi and both of them lived 20 minutes or so down the road, I’m certain they’d have been aware of the “new direction” announced in April PC and that now a younger suspect was being sought.

@MistyWaters I also wondered why he would continue to violate his parole. Maybe he had been in so much trouble in the past he thought he was above getting in any trouble. Or maybe he just didn't care Very hard to tell. I wondered if he used TJ place to do deals. And maybe something went wrong and TJ took the blame. Hard to say at this point

@MistyWaters I also wondered why he would continue to violate his parole. Maybe he had been in so much trouble in the past he thought he was above getting in any trouble. Or maybe he just didn't care Very hard to tell. I wondered if he used TJ place to do deals. And maybe something went wrong and TJ took the blame. Hard to say at this point

MOO I wonder mainly if TJ didn't start out at Purdue the fall.

Oh no, I’m not suggesting TJ (nor RM) were directly related to the Delphi case. But given TJ was from Delphi and both of them lived 20 minutes or so down the road, I’m certain they’d have been aware of the “new direction” announced in April PC and that now a younger suspect was being sought.
@MistyWaters I took as you thought maybe TJ had something to do with the Delphi case since you said.

"My hope is somehow this might connect to a suspect in the Delphi murders but that’s probably only wishful thinking."
I just read it wrong

MOO seems straight forward at this point. TJ is charged with intentional murder. The DA has to have evidence to file that charge.
RM is a murder victim.

If there was drug dealing in TJs apartment, then TJ had drug deals in his apartment, he is 19 not 14. He had girls in his apartment, MOO fairly normal for his age.

Though having a PO at 18 seems to point to some level of obsessiveness.

Do we know if the girls in TJ's apartment knew RM and SR?

RM was specifically named by the girls in the affidavit via MSM but that’s all we know. We don’t know if they knew SR.

“When Jasper, 19, went to work the third-shift at Arconic late May 22, he told two women — one of whom is identified in the affidavit as his girlfriend —staying the night at his Pheasant Run Apartment to be gone by 7 a.m. the next morning, according to the affidavit. He told them he would get a ride home from work from Martin.

The women left before 7 a.m., and later that morning, Jasper contacted his girlfriend and said Martin had left the apartment, so she and her friend could come over to his home, according to the affidavit.”
How a Lafayette murder suspect planned to kill his ex’s boyfriend, according to an affidavit

@MistyWaters I wonder if he did leave when TJ said he did. Maybe he came back later and something happened. It will be interesting to know the time of dealth.
SR contacted LE around 8a.m. IIRC when she saw TJ attempting to gain entry so it doesn't leave much time for RM to leave and then return to TJ's place as he had asked the girls to be gone by 7 a.m. - only an hour. Where would he have been in that hour if not in TJ's apartment?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Indiana_intrigue
Back