GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which part (of your post) is sad? I mean what do you mean by "it is sad really"?

That, we see a family that is functioning like this and seemingly unaware.

I work with young adults who are in the low average range (IQ) with other issues. They need to be explicitly told about social norms and appropriate social actions. I don't know this family but I do know that there are people who function in the way they seem to be functioning.

is one of our awesome mappers following this case? I am playing catch up with the news. I am curious how far from the home the baby's body was found. Also haven't seen yet where Kyle resides or if he is employed. Curious as to his circle of awareness and where the body location fits within it.

I just got done reading the whole thread. I'm utterly speechless, literally do not know what to say. I would be happy to make a map if needed, at least that's something to contribute!

RIP sweet baby girl shaylyn. :rose: You did not deserve this :(

Shaylyn disappeared from a residence in the 400 block of West Jefferson in Spencer IN. She was found northeast of Gossport IN near the White River on private property that is only accessed by privately owned road. Thank you skibaboo!

I don't think this was a neglectful death. Sadly, I think it was something more sinister. How heartbreaking!

Since viewing the father/Grandma/uncle video I have started and trashed dozens of posts. I haven't ever been in time out. All I will say is that I get a huge Honey-boo-boo vibe from these people. <modsnip> The uncle and dad don't make eye contact. I don't think Kyle acted alone. What kind of life this little baby had whenever she was with these people must not have been good. There I'm done. I need a haircut so if the mods snip away so be it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Shaylyn disappeared from a residence in the 400 block of West Jefferson in Spencer IN. She was found northeast of Gossport IN near the White River on private property that is only accessed by privately owned road. Thank you skibaboo!

Does the location where she was found need to be in MSM before it can be added to the map?

*Nevermind- It's MSM now. Lingle Rd where White River and Indian Creek meet.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/ne...cle_98358d05-33e8-50de-8cc6-fb33740f2e0c.html

I have a lot of family in Spencer and am about an hour away myself. I've reached out to some to see if they know the family, but if I'm reading the TOS correctly our conversations would be considered hearsay and can't be discussed, is that correct? I've been more of a lurker here for about a year, so I haven't gotten a good handle on what can be posted. I know sm conversations are off limits.
Tried to direct message you but it wouldn't go through. I have a ton of family there, too! Wanted to see if you and I are related, lol!

Appreciate the overnight posts. I logged out shortly after the child's body was located.

Given that the child has been found deceased, the confusion about bed-time, check-time, wake-time, who noticed baby missing, etc. are sounding like a concocted story to cover up the fact that the child was dead and had to be removed from the home. Autopsy will confirm TOD, and I suspect we will learn that Shaylyn was deceased before the suggested time she was put to bed. Sadly, this little one didn't have a chance at the happy life to which she was entitled. :crying:

This news briefing Friday 3/25/16 morning LE says Kyle Parker has made no statements. The reporter asked if LE can speak on any statements given/made by Kyle Parker, LE says "...he has not, he's made no statement at all." That leads me to believe someone else gave information leading to Kyle Parker; for whatever reason. I think the discovery of poor Shaylyn & the arrest are too close in time for LE investigation to connect them without a solid lead/tip. The find Shaylyn had a post about an anonymous tip left; asking for more information. Which I believe the discovery of Shaylyn's body & the post were close in time as well.

Around 5:00 minute mark of the video in the middle of the story (starts with aerial view) LE speaks about Kyle Parker.

http://wishtv.com/2016/03/24/body-found-arrest-made-in-baby-shaylyn-case/

FB post about anonymous tip. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=454535544744354&id=454064028124839

I am sick. Just totally sick over this. I'm so sick of people hurting babies, people not keeping their babies safe(I'm not talking putting padding on table corners here, I'm talking basic safety, like locking doors, watching who is with your baby). I seriously think we need to make the punishment so severe and awful for people who hurt these babies that it will deter anyone from hurting them. I hope every last person who played a part in this can never close their eyes again without being haunted by this beautiful little angels face. I want to say even more but I will wait until more comes to light.

I don't think any punishment is going to deter this kind of behavior. Nothing will until we begin cherishing children for their intrinsic value as human beings. Too often kids aren't even seen as actual people, separate from their parents/caregivers (as has earlier been mentioned in this thread), and so their caregivers feel that they can use their property any way they wish. This often leads to abusive punishment and in the worst cases, THIS. (no, I'm not saying the father or grandparents were involved, but they definitely seemed to have a disposable viewpoint towards her, leaving her vulnerable in the middle of a drunken party).

Does the location where she was found need to be in MSM before it can be added to the map?

It is

The toddler's body was found just after 6 p.m. in a wooded area northeast of Gosport, a release from State Police said.

Investigators were led to a remote area of private property, where Indiana Creek meets the White River, after "interviewing persons of interest" LINK

What we got so far Case Map

Since viewing the father/Grandma/uncle video I have started and trashed dozens of posts. I haven't ever been in time out. All I will say is that I get a huge Honey-boo-boo vibe from these people. <modsnip> The uncle and dad don't make eye contact. I don't think Kyle acted alone. What kind of life this little baby had whenever she was with these people must not have been good. There I'm done. I need a haircut so if the mods snip away so be it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Bang. Nail on head. I got an Avery-Dassey vibe from them and I never can put that into words. <modsnip> I tsk tsk myself for the words that come to mind, and try hard not to judge, but then again they let an innocent child be murdered or die and may have had the body hidden. At this point we don't know the extent of family involvement but at the very least they were negligent in caring for the welfare of this child.

This news briefing Friday 3/25/16 morning LE says Kyle Parker has made no statements. The reporter asked if LE can speak on any statements given/made by Kyle Parker, LE says "...he has not, he's made no statement at all." That leads me to believe someone else gave information leading to Kyle Parker; for whatever reason. I think the discovery of poor Shaylyn & the arrest are too close in time for LE investigation to connect them without a solid lead/tip. The find Shaylyn had a post about an anonymous tip left; asking for more information. Which I believe the discovery of Shaylyn's body & the post were close in time as well.

Around 5:00 minute mark of the video in the middle of the story (starts with aerial view) LE speaks about Kyle Parker.

http://wishtv.com/2016/03/24/body-found-arrest-made-in-baby-shaylyn-case/

FB post about anonymous tip. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=454535544744354&id=454064028124839

I wonder if LE might have tracked the cell phones of the main POI's and tracked Kyle's to the river.

According to Kyle Parker's FB, he worked at a funeral home in the past. Interesting.

I wonder if LE might have tracked the cell phones of the main POI's and tracked Kyle's to the river.

Very true. I'm only mildly familiar with cell phone towers distance. Shaylyn was found 6 miles from her father's home. IDK how many towers there are or how far you'd need to travel to ping another. Maybe someone who does can educate me? It's a very good possibility that's exactly how LE moved quickly, without a statement.

According to Kyle Parker's FB, he worked at a funeral home in the past. Interesting.

That gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach

I'm still so upset and angry about how the adults in this precious little girl's life failed her. I'm not going to say any more right now so as not to break any rules. Biting my tongue!

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/suspect-arrested-in-shaylyn-ammerman-case

"Kyle Parker, 22, was taken into custody Thursday afternoon in connection with Shaylyn's disappearance. Police said they would wait for the Owen County Prosecutor's Office to decide on formal charges.

The preliminary charges Parker is facing are:

Two counts of obstruction of justice
One count of failure to report a dead body
One count of unlawful disposition of a dead body"

These charges are unsurprising. I suspect a lot more is going to come out in the next days and weeks, and I think nothing is going to surprise us (but a lot is going to make us sad and angry).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx