GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap! I was out tonight at a concert - just got home to find that Shaylyn was found deceased and a suspect has already been arrested. The mysterious Kyle, huh?

So... if I understand correctly, LE has stated that family members aren't officially cleared yet and that the investigation is ongoing. I skimmed through posts trying to catch up and it seems many of you feel there are others involved. LE may feel the same.

Damn. :( I think we all knew this wasn't going to end well but still, it never feels okay to know we were right.

Right now my big fear is that the autopsy is going to find sexual assault. Why else would a young man take off with a toddler? I'm almost irrationally angry at Shaylyn's dad, uncle and grandma for allowing such a person around her. It reminds me of Bella Grogan - Cannella. Why oh why can't parents and family just protect the little ones? Is it so frickin' hard? Why bother to have babies if you don't give enough of a crap to take care of them?

:stormingmad:

I thought about sweet Bella too. :(

I am so sad/mad that this poor baby had such a short life. IMO I really think dad had something to do with this. I believe the poor baby met her demise at the house that night and that Kyle helped to dispose of her. I am just not sure if one of them purposely killed her or if her death was caused by their neglect (ie, drugs/alcohol being left around and she got a hold of them).

I thought we are a victim friendly site. We may judge this family in any way we want but right now the father and his family are family to the victim. If he or any other family member is arrested, I will be right there with many of you.

I am so sad/mad that this poor baby had such a short life. IMO I really think dad had something to do with this. I believe the poor baby met her demise at the house that night and that Kyle helped to dispose of her. I am just not sure if one of them purposely killed her or if her death was caused by their neglect (ie, drugs/alcohol being left around and she got a hold of them).

Since Uncle is making statements (shirtless) about KP , does this mean he passed the poly... and is home with Ma? Wasn't KP supposed to be a friend of the uncles?

Parker, who 'likes' an array of marijuana smoking groups on Facebook and is friends with Shaylyn's uncle, Adam Ammerman, has been arrested but has not been charged.

Police say Justin Ammerman is still a person of interest and have not ruled further arrests as the investigation continues.
The girl's father, who was subject to a police polygraph test earlier on Thursday, has denied claims he was having a party on the night of his daughter's apparent abduction.

But family members told the Herald-Times that Shaylyn's father, uncle, grandfather and a family friend - believed to be Parker - were up late drinking whiskey and watching television.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hed-middle-night-dead-near-river-Indiana.html

Just to be clear, everyone in that house was termed a "person of interest". That is to be expected when they were present on the night Shaylyn disappeared. SOP investigation. Look at everyone present. Those of you who followed Ayla Reynolds case will see the similarities.

The persons of interest may be sleuthed according to TOS, however, please keep in mind that person of interest does not mean accused, charged or guilty. Some of the people who are considered POIs, most of them in fact, are family to this angel. Think what you will about their appearance, their mannerisms, their level of education. But please also be mindful that they have lost a loved one and if they are eventually cleared of involvement your words here carry weight will live on forever.

Madeline BuckleyVerified account
@Mabuckley88
Crime reporter for @IndyStar. Once a reporter on the U.S./Mexico border. @NotreDame grad. Email: madeline.buckley@indystar.com

Justin Ammerman, Shaylyn's father: "I'm just devastated." He said he found out on the news Shaylyn was found dead.

CeZnp1hWwAIqUZz.jpg

https://twitter.com/Mabuckley88

Slightly unusual that the father of the deceased would learn from a news account. Normally LE would tell them in person. Maybe LE knows he already knew? Is that Kelly in the photo?

It's a lack of something else, and I don't even know that it's definable. It's not money; it's not even intelligence or ability, really, because I've known people with intellectual disabilities and delays who were able to parent successfully. It's not even dirt -- you can keep a cluttered, messy house and still parent lovingly and reasonably safely (if perhaps more dirtily than most, lol). There's something else missing, and I'm not sure that whatever is missing is easy to address since it's virtually indefinable. (Or maybe it is just because it's hard for me to pinpoint).

The word that comes to my mind is Boundaries. As in social and behavioral boundaries. Moral boundaries too in all probability.

Madeline BuckleyVerified account
@Mabuckley88
Crime reporter for @IndyStar. Once a reporter on the U.S./Mexico border. @NotreDame grad. Email: madeline.buckley@indystar.com

Justin Ammerman, Shaylyn's father: "I'm just devastated." He said he found out on the news Shaylyn was found dead.

View attachment 91066

https://twitter.com/Mabuckley88

Slightly unusual that the father of the deceased would learn from a news account. Normally LE would tell them in person. Maybe LE knows he already knew? Is that Kelly in the photo?

Seriously? He found out from the *news?

That surely can't be typical. Surely not!

Unless LE has a really good reason for not telling him in person, that's deplorable.

Even if they know for a fact (however they'd know that) that he already knew, wouldn't they want to see his reaction upon telling him? To ask him questions? Explore his knowledge?

And if he *was innocent of any wrongdoing, then that was just cruel.

When was the last time anybody saw Shaylyn OUTSIDE of this house? I am not trusting a single word that comes from inside that home that evening.

I thought we are a victim friendly site. We may judge this family in any way we want but right now the father and his family are family to the victim. If he or any other family member is arrested, I will be right there with many of you.

I think we are able to discuss the family here, at least to the extent of opinions. A mod may correct me on that though.
It's sad when the perceived victims have made the thing that victimizes them possible through, at best, negligence.
We saw this in the Tammy Meyers case, where her extremely poor decisions contributed to her death.
In a prior post, tlcya stated: "I have removed some off topic posts and some that indicated sleuthing of family members' Facebook pages. Websleuths can't stop you from reading those things. But do not discuss them here. Do not hint at them here. Just don't do it.

ETA clarification: You may sleuth public facebook pages of family present in the home the night she went missing and who LE have referred to as Persons of Interest.

However even the FB pages aren't the main reason people are feeling uneasy about the family/victims. I'd guess the majority would say that it is their PUBLIC TV appearances that has people making statements as to their believably. Inconsistent statements being a biggie.

Are we allowed to give our opinion on how negligence contributed to this tragedy?

I'm not talking about digging into their pasts and such, that will come at a later date IF they are named suspects, are arrested, etc.
I'm talking about just reacting to their demeanor and what has actually come out of their mouth in voluntary public interviews.

I'm just not clear on that. It's a fine line, I do believe, and I don't want us her to get in trouble.

Speaking of the undefinable non-parentlike attributes; I think self-absorption is a key to those that do not make good parents. When a child is born, a normal parent's actions, thoughts, and routines change dramatically as a child now depends on them. For many that we read about on WS, their habits do NOT change. They do not adapt as a normal loving parent would. They continue on as if their needs, wants, habits are more important than the wonderful gift that they were given.

The father says that he found out from the news. But I don't believe much that comes out of the house---since their stories have been all over the place so far.

I stumbled upon this case looking for something else. Another case as the Mimi of 3 beautiful little granddaughters that leaves me heartbroken. I helped search for Lonzie and I promised myself never again...but here I am crying for another beautiful baby that NEVER had a chance. Rest easy, sweet baby girl! I am so sorry!

Since Shaylyn's bed was in the living room, I wonder if she was given too much of something to help her sleep so that the people there could drink and watch tv without waking her?

The father says that he found out from the news. But I don't believe much that comes out of the house---since their stories have been all over the place so far.

Hmm. I saw the presser last night and the official speaking said the family was notified before they released anything to media. Which is the proper thing to do.
Yet here we have (another) conflicting statement originating from that household.

At this point I'm guessing that poor baby was fussy because of the noise, she was probably hungry or needed a change, and it was interfering with the adult partying/drug use going on. Has dad been seen shedding one tear? Totally numb on drugs IMO.

So help me if something much much sicker happened to that poor baby.

I pray that full justice is served!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, just catching up on this one. I have a few questions and I'm sorry if they have already been asked and answered.

1. I thought I read that no one seemed to know Kyle's last name yesterday? But I read that one of the family (I think the uncle) was friends with him on facebook?
2. If grandma went to bed at 2am, how in the world would she have known that Kyle left at 3am?

IMOO, it seems that Kyle is the "scapegoat" here. It seems to me that something happened to poor Shaylyn and maybe since Kyle had worked at a funeral home in the past, dad and grandma thought he'd be just the person to dispose of Shaylyn. Of course this is ONLY speculation!!

This family just makes me so uneasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members