GUILTY IN - Sherry Loehrlein, 52, slain, daughters injured, Darmstadt, 23 Jan 2017 *Spouse Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Update on court site:

05/02/2018
Hearing Journal Entry

Trial date set for 8/27/2018 at 8:00 a.m. is affirmed. ddh
Judicial Officer: Pigman, Robert J
Present: Loehrlein, Clinton
Present: State of Indiana
Present: Canada, Robert L.
Hearing Date: 05/02/2018

05/09/2018
Competency Evaluation Filed
Comes now Dr. George Parker and files Competency Evaluation.
Date Filed: 05/09/2018

08/27/2018
Jury Trial Session: 08/27/2018 8:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Pigman, Robert J
Comment: [Reserve 1 week]

I'm curious to see if he is found not guilty by reason of insanity but I hope this doesn't happen. Maybe the death penalty is added to his sentence when he is finally found guilty. I live somewhat close to the Loehrleins & met them years ago. The brutality of this crime against his own family was shocking. I still can't believe the daughters made it out alive. The details are out of a horror movie.

Monday, August 27th:
*Trial set to begin (@ 8am ET) - IN - Sherry Loehrlein (52) killed, daughters Nicole & Cynthia (20s) injured (Jan. 23, 2017) - Clinton Loehrlein (54) (husband/father) charged with murder, attempted murder, 2 counts of aggravated battery w/firearm (level 3 felony) & resisting LE (Class A Misdemeanor); No bond. Going for insanity defense. Trial set to begin August 27th, should last 1 week.

Well, this was NOT there yesterday - but I guess trial is cancelled...

08/27/2018 Preliminary Instructions Filed
Filed By: Hermann, Nicholas Germain
Filed By: Canada, Robert L.
Filed By: McDaniel, Kevin M.
File Stamp: 08/27/2018

08/28/2018
Hearing Scheduling Activity
Jury Trial scheduled for 08/29/2018 at 8:00 AM.

08/28/2018
Jury Trial scheduled for 08/29/2018 at 8:00 AM was cancelled.
Reason: Assigned in Error.

08/28/2018 Jury Trial
Session: 08/28/2018 8:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Pigman, Robert J
Comment: Jury Trial - day 2

08/28/2018
Jury Trial scheduled for 08/28/2018 at 8:00 AM.

08/28/2018
Service Returned Not Served
Trial Subpoena to NL not served Not Deliverable as Addressed
File Stamp: 08/15/2018

08/29/2018 CANCELED Jury Trial
Reason: Assigned in Error
Session: 08/29/2018 8:00 AM, Cancelled
Comment: Trial day 2

Well, now I don't know "what" is going on... Here's an article I got this morning on my google alert - of course, got it after I posted the above. BUT! Unfortunately, I can't read it - no access per EU rules, so if someone can give a 10% synopsis of "what" is going - it would very much appreciated, since the court site isn't giving me info.
Maybe they just cancelled the 2nd of trial?

Key witnesses take the stand in Clint Loehrlein trial

all I can read in the above article is this:
The Clint Loehrlein trial reached its second day on Tuesday, where key prosecution witnesses were on the stand after the jury was seated and ...

Well, my cookies or whatever must be working - just got this one:

Loehrlein Trial Day 2: 'My dad tried to murder me'

Tuesday's testimony included law enforcement and Loehrlein's daughters.

Nicole Loehrlein explained how she was shot in the arm while she was in the shower. She describes hiding in the closet and calling 911.

Her sister, Cynthia, also took the stand. She said her dad pointed a gun and shot her. She then tried to break through a window, but her dad starting stabbing her.

Cynthia described seeing her mom face down, not moving.

She says she was shot a second time as she tried to run to a neighbor's house.

Cynthia recalled asking her dad, "Why?" during the attack. He did not answer.

more in article.

Found a Twitter person that does the trial - so I'll be back - let's see - starts at 8am ET - so - 3pm here for me.

okay - going crazy here...
88x88px-LL-ba8902b3_SmileyCrazy.gif

from yesterday:
Kate O'Rourke
‏ @Kate14News
11h11 hours ago

Detective King is finished. We are ending for the day. Court resumes at 8am tomorrow. I plan to be there to continue our coverage. But first, live reports with @Beth14News tonight on @14News at 5 and 6.

I spoke too soon. Court resumes at 9am tomorrow!

I will check at 3pm my time on her twitter page & see what's going on then!

Well - an hour into what is supposed to be trial.... no tweets! So maybe the court site is correct - no trial today. But I'll keep checking the tweets now & then.

and we finally start the day....
judge-smiley.gif

Kate O'Rourke
‏ @Kate14News
12m12 minutes ago

I’m back in court for day 3 of Clinton Loehrlein’s murder trial. We expect to continue with testimony from witnesses called by the State. Follow me for updates throughout the day. @14News

The state calls Matthew Elrod with Vanderburgh Co. Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation. He arrived on scene when Nicole was brought out of the house. He didn’t go inside so he wouldn’t have a preconceived idea while getting details from interviews. @14News

Elrod says there was a concern Cynthia would die on scene. He said every time he went to see her in the hospital, doctors limited the time deputies could spend with her. @14News

Elrod was involved in the first interview of Loehrlein 26 hours after the incident. He was in the hospital wearing a neck brace. Elrod recalls how Loehrlein was unable to provide details from the alleged assaults. @14News

Kate O'Rourke
‏ @Kate14News
2m2 minutes ago

Hermann asked how Loehrlein reacted when deputies told him his wife was dead. Elrod said “emotionless.” @14News

Elrod was also there for the second interview with Loehrlein in the hospital that the jury watched yesterday. He says whenever a nurse was in the room Loehrlein said he couldn’t remember, and when the nurse left he would provide more details. @14News

Elrod says a nurse asked deputies to end the 2nd interview for Loehrlein’s health. Loehrlein’s blood pressure was rising while deputies were questioning his guilt. The nurse said blood pressure medicine wasn’t helping. @14News

Kate O'Rourke
‏ @Kate14News
3m3 minutes ago

Elrod says they took Loehrlein from the hospital to jail in an unmarked car 4 days after the incident. He was booked and placed in a padded “suicide watch” cell. They interviewed him a 3rd time that day. @14News

Elrod: In that interview he admitted to the crimes. He gave his emotions and thoughts while he was committing the crimes. He told deputies why he did it. He displayed more emotion and wasn’t as stoic as he had been in previous interviews. @14News

Elrod: Clint told them new details about what happened between he and Cynthia and his interactions with Sherry leading up to the event. @14News

Kate O'Rourke
‏ @Kate14News
12s13 seconds ago

Elrod says Loehrlein told them he didn’t want to talk around the nurses. The jury is going to watch the video of the 3rd interview. @14News

Kate O'Rourke
‏ @Kate14News
4m4 minutes ago

Video: Loehrlein tells deputies “I haven’t slept since Thanksgiving.” He says after he shot Sherry he thought “What did I do?” And after he shot Cynthia “what’s wrong with me?” He says he didn’t plan it. He apologized. @14News

Loehrlein tells deputies he walked by and shot Sherry in the head while she was sitting. He says “Who does that? I’m sorry. Really I’m sorry.” He says the day started as a usual day. @14News

Loehrlein says he wanted to die after he did all of that. He says he shot Cynthia first because Nicole usually showered first. He recalls chasing Cynthia to his neighbors. He says “Cynthia is the best girl and here I am chasing her with a knife. I can’t tell her why I did it.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle
Back