Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to believe that the gun shot had to come first, because I couldn't picture how in the world she could stab him to death... He's much stronger than her, he could have overpowered her even after several stab wounds. IMO

It never made sense to me that she would be able to stab him enough to incapacitate him.... Unless....she was holding the gun at the same time?

Maybe he didn't fight back because she was also holding a gun on him? Thinking if he fought back she would shoot him in ghe jead, maybe she said as much... Then after she got him a few times he was actually to weak to fight back by that time.

:waitasec:

Thanks for this, I thought they had actually conversed that night!!! And she testified Travis guilted her into coming... is that correct?

Is it true that they suspect she accessed his bank acct?

She answered 160 or so juror questions. He asked her about 2 or 3 of those answers. I highly doubt that he is through with his cross. :fireworks:

Not buying that. I'm a dog lover. Just last week I still dogsat for a friend. The dog loves me and knows me. But still barks and barks and Parks when I come into the house.

I'm with you. My dogs bark when my sister comes home, and she lives here. No way that Jodi walked into the office and watched Travis for a minute before Napoleon noticed and barked, as she claimed. No way.

Totally Off Topic! But I have had no wifi for almost 24 hours!!!! Am I really back????

Glad you made it back. I"m back at work so missing the trial and the gang here everyday. Luckily I record it and watch at night. :great:

This was originally posted by Mormon Attorney, who provided some excellent insights into the mind of JA. If you have a chance, go search the last thread for Mormon Atty's posts.

Honestly, I was amazed at how he knew exactly what to do with this personality. It is something I have learned as a "therapeutic parent" and was literally delighted that he understood how he needed to handle her. Here are some examples:

1. Non-sense lying is for control. JA has no respect for anyone but herself. She is smarter than anyone. To keep control, she lies even when it does not benefit her. Not only that, but it is a "test" to see if those interacting with her are smart enough to catch it. If they don't catch her, she sees them as worthless and stupid. If they do catch her and hold her accountable, they gain her respect (even though she still feels brighter). JM showed her right at the outset that he could catch her on EVERY SINGLE lie and that he could prove it. He gained her respect - that's why she looked like she enjoyed it. She finally met a worthy opponent, not just another person who feel for her stuff. Without talking bad about Nurmi, he has obviously fallen for her stuff and has not taken her to task. She does not respect him. If you notice, she tests him all the time by controlling their direct and he lets her do it. Even when he tries to give her answers, she won't always take them. Control, even when it doesn't help her. Nurmi has failed her test. Honestly, I believe she has felt "safer" with JM because he earned her respect, as opposed to Nurmi who has not earned her respect and does not have leadership with her. It literally must be scary for someone like her to be in Nurmi's hands when he has failed her tests. (And, just to clarify, as her own attorney, he did not catch the gas can stuff, he failed to see the margins of the magazines - she has gotten the best of him many times on things he could have helped her on but she didn't trust him).

2. Authority. Once JM establishes control - which is essential - he must keep it. Notice that he constantly says to her, "Mam, did I ask you if you....." when she adds to questions. He is jerking the choke chain, letting her know he is still in control and she is out of line. She bulks back at him a few times, but eventually she does submit.

3. Follow through. JM also taught her from the outset that he will never bluff. Lots of attorneys bluff or hint at evidence that may or may not come in. But, every single time she has lied and he has caught her, he has followed it through ALL THE WAY until the bitter end. In every case, she has not gotten out of it without having to face that she was caught. While this irritated some people, especially when the point was useless, it was essential with her personality that he prove his worthiness to her. One of the reasons he was able to crack her was that she now is somewhat afraid of playing the same antics (not that she won't) because she knows he will prove whatever he brings up. As a result, she is giving up much sooner than in the beginning. Notice that in the interviews with Detective Flores, even when he had actual pictures, she would say "That looks like me. How can that be?" Even photo proof didn't stop the lies. Now, JM has shown her that he will prove each and every detail and it takes the fun out of trying to lie and control him.

4. He never got flustered. As a parent, this is one thing we learn right away. To have calm control. The moment we get angry or hostile or snooty, the child has "won" in their war of control. If they can control your emotions, often that is what makes them feel powerful - it often has nothing to do with the actual outcome of events. Controlling you and your emotions is sufficient to make them feel safe and in charge (also unteachable). By remaining calm, even though animated and sometimes aggressive, he never gave her the feeling of control. Even when he had to follow endless stupid rabbit trails that outsiders thought made him look like a fool, he maintained composure and saw it to the bitter end. That is critical.

In sum, I have honestly wondered who trained him and how he had the faith to do that right. It is very hard and I am sure he had to feel stupid chasing those leads all the way to the end. But, he taught her to respect him. He taught her that he had control. And, every time she is out of line, he jerks her chain again and she often submits. I think it has been brilliant and I am just glad the jury could see it.

Just want to say - as a therapeutic parent - I often have to handle lying and violence with the same calm and be willing to calmly go through lies until we get to the truth. BUT, as parents, we are also therapeutic and giving love because our goal is to change the outcome. So, I don't want anyone to read this and think that we, as parents, need to "jerk our child's chain" as JM has done with JA. He is obviously not trying to therapeutically parent -grin! He is going for pure control and I am amazed at how well he has done it.

This is fascinating. JA's parents did not have a chance.

His office was upstairs...I would think he had a phone there?

His cell and briefcase were in the office
Wallet and ring in kitchen, IIRC

Yes! And her saying she didn't know? Well, just another lie!!!

Except more than likely he was on his back when she slit his throat. She was probably kneeling so his head was directly in front of her. He was still alive and aware of what was going on, but unable to move. That is what makes this crime so heinous and DP worthy. Imo

Just curious...why would you think he was on his back? :waitasec:

It's heinous and DP worthy no matter what the position either way.

:)
I agree that he wasn't finished with her. But I do think he said that to tell the judge he was done with her for the day.

He has never before said he was done with a topic though. I think he was saying "I'm done with miss Arias" for today, because it was close to finishing time. Usually when they're totally done they say "No more question for this witness" or whatever.

I don't think we've ever heard JM say "I'm done with this area" during this trial. That would mean, to me, that he'd say "well I'm done with the questions regarding the gas cans/finger cut etc and won't bring them up again". Not really plausible to me.

JMO.

OK, I only said what I heard. I don't have a recent hearing exam to recite results. Carry on.

I just saw the autopsy photos. All of them. OMG!!!!!! Anyone who could do that to another person is demonic. Poor Travis.

TA was a fastidious house keeper. Imo. I am now a single female and I admit to not being the best at keeping up with clutter (mine or my kid's).

TA'S closet is unscathed by any "attack". If there had been a 'violent' or 'frantic' confrontation there....that bench thingy would have been somewhat disturbed....also there would have been blood dripping from his gun shot wound (if gun had been fired first..)
moo.

You get bonus points for the use of "fastidious", well done! Next we need you to use "contemporous" in a sentence. hehe :what:

Thanks for the vid, but I still hear "Judge, I'm done with Miss Arias". And if he was just done with that topic, he would've moved on to something else. Imo.

He said, this area. It's clear on the TV.

Thanks for the vid, but I still hear "Judge, I'm done with Miss Arias". And if he was just done with that topic, he would've moved on to something else. Imo.

He couldn't have moved on. It was too close to the "drop dead" hour.

Just listened to this vid 3 times and cannot tell what he said. But, it was time for court to end and I think that is why he did not move on. Also the only thing I got from the video is that I would like to slap the crap out of her. She is a snake and a worthless person. jmo

You get bonus points for the use of "fastidious", well done! Next we need you to use "contemporous" in a sentence. hehe :what:

Spell it right, you get a bronze medal!!!
Use it appropriately, and not where 'simultaneous' is the correct choice - GOLD!!:goldstar::goldcrown::Crown:

His office was upstairs...I would think he had a phone there?

His cell and briefcase were in the office
Wallet and ring in kitchen, IIRC

Office is downstairs. Watch and ring were in kitchen.

I don't think this psychopath realises she's lost t he jury! She. Continues to challenge jm on answering ! She has clear mind when it's nurmi
Does she not know she's headed for death row ?

I agree! Looks like it's all fun and games to her.

Just like on her voicemail to TA hours after the murder, she described
the time during which the murder happened as "fun, fun!" :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads