DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooh! Nice earrings! :great:

Earrings?

1adweird-dog-driving-car-cut.jpg

And now back to our regularly scheduled forum...

Has anyone else noticed that for all the "glib superficial charm" Jodi Arias really never displays much of a sense of humor? I don't mean on the stand, although she claims she "tried to think of something witty" when she caught Travis Alexander masturbating, but if you look at Travis Alexander's MySpace page where she commented, there are attempts at off-the-cuff humor (claiming a Mach 3 Razor is adequate as a Mach 4 is a waste of metal) that just fall flat.

Is this the case with most sociopaths/psychopaths? I wouldn't be surprised as much humor is based on a sort of mental bait and switch, where the "punchline" is a reversal of expectation (Look..a dog driving a car!) which requires putting oneself in the mental state of another to anticipate the set up.

That is, comedy is a certain form of empathy.

I know I'm alone in saying this, but I would be willing to offer Jodi LWOP if she would publicly state that everything she said about Travis was a lie. If you read some of the comments (not on WS) that people make who don't really follow the trial it just breaks your heart. I cannot imagine how horrible it is for his sisters and brothers knowing that so many people out there believe these awful things about him. I would take peace for Travis' family over Jodi getting her just rewards. JMO

You're not alone. If Jodi is given the DP, she will automatically get State funded and lengthy appeals. Besides, I think death would be too easy for her. She needs to live a very long life in a tiny cage with the vivid memories of what she's done.

I'm 100% against judicially mandated DP in any case. It didn't return my loved one to me or lessen the loss. There was no 'closure'. The crime rate did not decrease. All it did was affect and punish those who loved and cherished the executed one.

I wish there was some way to constantly remind Jodi while in prison of the pain she caused, instead of being able to compartmentalize it into a dusty forgotten file in her brain. She needs to remember prison is not the focus; it is her crime.

I'm laughing so hard thinking about websleuthers logging in, bleary eyed, still in their bath robes, coffee in hand, and then...first thing they see is that CK shower pic. It's like, wait, wait, what?

As everyone has been saying so far this case is different. There is lot more evidence and Arias has taken the stand (big mistake).

Of course KC was guilty also but it's rare to have a jury like the one we had for the KC trial. Very rare.

I hope this jury restores our faith. :):please:

Except for O.J. That verdict also sent me through the roof.

I feel your frustration and highly agree with you as a domestic abuse survivor myself both in my childhood and with my ex.

I see nothing in Jodi that even hints she was abused in any way. In fact I think most of her life she was a spoiled bratty kid that was unruly and very hard to deal with.

I only see psychopathic traits in Jodi Arias. This heinous murder had nothing to do with abuse, rage, love, or passion. It was as cold and methodically planned out as her deadpan methodical emotionless demeanor and lies from the witness stand. Psychopaths do not have emotions except for themselves and they will GET EVEN :furious: when they feel they have been denied the right to control their victim. And that is what Arias did when her victim dared to have the courage to stand up to her and tell her he no longer wanted her in his life.

IMO

The only thing that would make me be willing to accept a claim of early sexual abuse (MAYBE) is that she started using sex to make her way in the world at a very young age, and that she believed all she needed to do to get a man was offer sex. She spent her whole life trying to trap a man with sex and even though she failed over and over again, she persisted in thinking that's all it took to maintain a relationship.

DEFINITION OF SELF DEFENCE

A: The defense of "self defense" is what's called an "affirmative defense." The prosecution must disprove self-defense beyond a reasonable doubt.
While the law on self-defense usually varies by state, generally a person is justified in using physical force when it's necessary to defend himself or a third person from what he reasonably believes the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by the other person.
How much force can you exert in self-defense? Only the amount you reasonably believe is necessary to defend yourself or another person from an unlawful use of force.
Can you ever respond to an attack or threat of an attack by using deadly force? Deadly physical force may be used only if you reasonably believe:
A lesser degree of force is inadequate to stop the other person, and
You or another person is in imminent danger of being killed or seriously injured
You aren't justified in using physical force if you provoke the use of unlawful physical force by another person. And you can't justify your use of force if you're the initial aggressor - meaning you started the fight - unless you stop using force first and the other person continues using force.
Some states have "make my day" or "castle" laws that let people use deadly physical force against an intruders they believe have unlawfully entered their home with the intent to commit a crime once inside. These laws assume that citizens have a right to expect absolute safety within their homes.

Women often plead that they killed in self-defense, a plea that requires proof that the woman used such force as was necessary to avoid imminent bodily harm. Self-defense was originally intended to cover unexpected attacks by strangers and did not take into account a past history of abuse or a woman's fear of renewed violence. Traditionally applied, a self-defense plea does not exonerate a woman who kills during a lull in the violence, for example, when the drunken abuser passes out.
Many observers feel that self-defense law is problematic, inadequate, and/or not appropriate for use in self-defense cases of battered women, according to Diane Follingstad et al. in "The Impact of Elements of Self-Defense and Objective versus Subjective Instructions on Jurors'Verdicts for Battered Women Defendants" (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, vol. 12, no. 5, 1997). Traditionally, self-defense permits an individual to use physical force when he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to counteract imminent or immediate danger of serious bodily harm. Furthermore, a person must use only a reasonable amount of force to stop the attack and cannot be the one who provoked the encounter or initiated the violence. To justify the use of reciprocal deadly force, most jurisdictions require that the defendant reasonably believes the attacker is using or is about to use deadly force. Some jurisdictions further require that before resorting to deadly force, the defendant must make an effort to retreat, although this is not required in most courts if the attack took place in the defendant's own home.

I'm laughing so hard thinking about websleuthers logging in, bleary eyed, still in their bath robes, coffee in hand, and then...first thing they see is that CK shower pic. It's like, wait, wait, what?

that would be me. :blushing: I had to double check the thread. The Sexual Disneyland didnt help either! hahaha

Totally random, but... if the camera was found somewhere else in the house, say on TA's closet shelf or in a drawer in his study, or if JA had put it back into it's box, would LE have still have examined it's contents so closely?

Be careful what you ask for. Yes, male model/actor/singer/TV personality Marcus Schenkenberg famously did a Calvin Klein shoot in the shower.

6a00e54f9153e088330133f59d3746970b-800wi.jpg

LOL! I rest my case! I knew this was what Jodie was going for with TA. No offense to TA.......but What would EVER possess them to try and duplicate this perfect specimen. Would TA really think he was ready for this kind of exposure?

Jodi was dressed to travel when the snapshots were taken, not to take playful shots in a shower. Travis did not know she was there when he got into the shower.

~~IMO~~

If it makes you feel any better, my immediate reaction was YUCK. For one thing, he's way too pretty. Really can't be interested in a man who spends more time in front of the mirror than me. So not all women are into the eye candy! :floorlaugh:

Nothing makes me feel better after that slew of sexual objectification. I feel like a piece of used toilet paper.

You're not alone. If Jodi is given the DP, she will automatically get State funded and lengthy appeals. Besides, I think death would be too easy for her. She needs to live a very long life in a tiny cage with the vivid memories of what she's done.

I'm 100% against judicially mandated DP in any case. It didn't return my loved one to me or lessen the loss. There was no 'closure'. The crime rate did not decrease. All it did was affect and punish those who loved and cherished the executed one.

I wish there was some way to constantly remind Jodi while in prison of the pain she caused, instead of being able to compartmentalize it into a dusty forgotten file in her brain. She needs to remember prison is not the focus; it is her crime.

I'm opposed to the death penalty, too, but I know it is the family's wish and JM is putting that first, which he should.

I just feel when the trial is over and the dust is settled, the horrible things she said on the stand about Travis are going to be what people remember. Few people will bother to delve into the case in any depth. Tanisha & Harold will be sitting in a restaurant 10 years from now and some total stranger will be screaming at them about her brother the pedophile. That's what bothers me.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I have heard that family members of homicide victims often having a very differing views of the DP. I would never presume to say one is right or wrong. IMO there is no "right" solution. I wish we could lock Jodi away and never hear from her again. But her type always seeks the limelight. I'd like to see her ADMIT ON THE STAND that she lied about Travis. Perhaps that would stop the media from giving her interviews in the future. :frown:

Nothing makes me feel better after that slew of sexual objectification. I feel like a piece of used toilet paper.

Speak for yourself, I am busy trying hard to figure out how to get into a shower shot with those two girls without my wife noticing!

I had no idea you were the one in the picture! :p

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Speak for yourself, I am busy trying hard to figure out how to get into a shower shot with those two girls without my wife noticing!

You misunderstand. I was totally fine with the two girls in the shower.

Unfortunately, I believe, most sociopaths adapt quite well to whatever environment they find themselves in. Whether life in prison or on DR, she will survive and reasonably thrive in that constricted environment. They are devoid of shame, regret, remorse. Scott Peterson, for instance, is said to be doing quite well on DR. JHMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor