Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
l.jpg

Isn't Tanisha a police officer in CA?

Something is not passing the mustard test for me. This happened back in 2002, tens years ago yet a search performed last week or even today renders the record as Travis' why in all these years has it not been corrected? Records can get expunged much easier and this is not even the same person so on a mix up on identity, I would think it would be simple to get Riverside to change the record.

You might take a look at this story:

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6148972&page=1

A man stole his son's identity when he was a child (they shared the same name, Sr. and Jr.). At the age of 17, the son found out his credit rating was destroyed (he didn't even know what a credit rating was), he had filed for bankruptcy and been arrested numerous times. The son spent more than 10 years trying to clear his name. This article is complete (I didn't search very long), but I believe in the end a court ordered the IRS to issue the son a new SSN.

the notes she tried to pass in the magazine? IDK

the pedo letters? they were just introduced and thrown out.. IDK about charges but I do not think so

Is JM trying to get Jodi to bring them up? He's asked her if she always had an attorney. Also about Matt M.

My apologies is this has been discussed...haven't had time to backtrack.

Tonight on Dr. Drew, Lisa Bloom stated that a plea deal can still be offered to JA! The odds of that happening are probably 1000 to 1, but is this really true at this late stage in the game? The best she would be offered is LWOP I suppose, but that would get her off death row. Waiting to hear from the legal eagles....

I know I'm alone in saying this, but I would be willing to offer Jodi LWOP if she would publicly state that everything she said about Travis was a lie. If you read some of the comments (not on WS) that people make who don't really follow the trial it just breaks your heart. I cannot imagine how horrible it is for his sisters and brothers knowing that so many people out there believe these awful things about him. I would take peace for Travis' family over Jodi getting her just rewards. JMO

:pullhair: AAGGHHHHHH...I am sick of people labeling every psycho killer a victim of sexual abuse. I was abused sexually as a child for years, and I NEVER killed any ex's, and my kids are grown ups, and healthy and happy ones.

Sorry, just jumping off your post, not directed at you. But I haver been to many support groups for childhood abuse survivors, and I did not see a lot of Jodis or Caseys there. I saw sensitive, fragile people who had emotional issues to work through. But they were not typically pathological, coldblooded lying killers.

I feel your frustration and highly agree with you as a domestic abuse survivor myself both in my childhood and with my ex.

I see nothing in Jodi that even hints she was abused in any way. In fact I think most of her life she was a spoiled bratty kid that was unruly and very hard to deal with.

I only see psychopathic traits in Jodi Arias. This heinous murder had nothing to do with abuse, rage, love, or passion. It was as cold and methodically planned out as her deadpan methodical emotionless demeanor and lies from the witness stand. Psychopaths do not have emotions except for themselves and they will GET EVEN :furious: when they feel they have been denied the right to control their victim. And that is what Arias did when her victim dared to have the courage to stand up to her and tell her he no longer wanted her in his life.

IMO

I really must say that I'm deeply offended and very disappointed in the turn towards objectifying and sexualizing men on this board.

Think of your fathers and brothers and sons.

We men are fully realized human beings with hope and dreams, and should not be considered merely a sexual Disneyland for women.

You swine.

:pillowfight:

'sexual Disneyland ' :floorlaugh: Oh yeeeaaaaaahhhh!

I got back from my weekend trip to Phoenix (actually stayed in Tempe), today. I wish they would have had trial this Monday! I could have sat in on a morning session.

Anyhow, something came to me today. I keep wondering why jodi doesn't stick to the script - that she was terrified of Travis because he abused her physically AND sexually. It has been odd to me that she admits to liking the sex "very much so" and adds weird little lies about Travis proposing and how much she loves him and what a great guy he was, etc.

I just realized that probably ALL of that, especially the sex (and the proposal), was for Mimi Hall's benefit. This is a clear case of "if I can't have you, nobody will". But she wants to stick it to Mimi and any other woman who she fears Travis felt was better than her. So, Travis loved her, thought she was beautiful, wanted to marry her and gave her great sex.

Even facing death she is so obsessed with besting someone like Mimi, she can't help but veer from the script.

There's no doubt in my mind that the DV expert is going to say that Jodi's inability to recognize that she was being "abused" is a sign she WAS abused. That's how brainwashed Travis had her. GMAFB.

I agree that she's out to hurt Mimi. Poor woman who never did anything but exist.

I got back from my weekend trip to Phoenix (actually stayed in Tempe), today. I wish they would have had trial this Monday! I could have sat in on a morning session.

Anyhow, something came to me today. I keep wondering why jodi doesn't stick to the script - that she was terrified of Travis because he abused her physically AND sexually. It has been odd to me that she admits to liking the sex "very much so" and adds weird little lies about Travis proposing and how much she loves him and what a great guy he was, etc.

I just realized that probably ALL of that, especially the sex (and the proposal), was for Mimi Hall's benefit. This is a clear case of "if I can't have you, nobody will". But she wants to stick it to Mimi and any other woman who she fears Travis felt was better than her. So, Travis loved her, thought she was beautiful, wanted to marry her and gave her great sex.

Even facing death she is so obsessed with besting someone like Mimi, she can't help but veer from the script.

(My bolding above) Yes! I think that's why JA confronted her at the memorial, like some kind of sorrow-vampire she wanted to drink in Mimi's pain that Travis was gone and she was the one who took him away from Mimi. Finding out Mimi had no real interest in him must have been a big buzz kill for her, sick thing that she is.

I really must say that I'm deeply offended and very disappointed in the turn towards objectifying and sexualizing men on this board.

We men are fully realized human beings with hope and dreams, and should not be considered merely a sexual Disneyland for women.

You swine.

We will grow on you. :)

You swine.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Right you are, sir. Right you are.

I know I'm alone in saying this, but I would be willing to offer Jodi LWOP if she would publicly state that everything she said about Travis was a lie. If you read some of the comments (not on WS) that people make who don't really follow the trial it just breaks your heart. I cannot imagine how horrible it is for his sisters and brothers knowing that so many people out there believe these awful things about him. I would take peace for Travis' family over Jodi getting her just rewards. JMO

Not me and Travis' family doesnt want it either. Those that count and knew Travis knows it isnt true anyway.

Juan will prove what she has said about Travis are all lies. I, just like Travis' family have stated, have full faith in him.

Juan will never plea with the devil. He has no reason to and she has nothing to offer the state.

She deserves no less than death and I hope the jury does the right thing just like they did in the Wendi Andriano case.

IMO

There's no doubt in my mind that the DV expert is going to say that Jodi's inability to recognize that she was being "abused" is a sign she WAS abused. That's how brainwashed Travis had her. GMAFB.

I agree that she's out to hurt Mimi. Poor woman who never did anything but exist.

I think the questions asked of the DV expert are going to be general. ie 'if a woman was abused could she deal with it by doing such and such?' I don't think the defense are going to ask about JA specifically. JM, on the other hand, might try to pin the experts down to JA.

I would take a large leap and say that I think that these three men hurt her tremendously. I believe that in her sub conscious she had a lot of rage towards all of them and that's why they had to be connected to the final target of her unexpressed rage, Travis. Why visit Daryl and Matt to borrow gas cans and maybe steal or borrow a knife. No need to. She had the money to buy her own gas cans and pay cash. She could buy a knife anywhere, again with cash. I do think that she got the knife from Matt, stolen I would say. I do think that Jodi was the victim of child sex abuse because of the way she was (I won't go any further with this theory). Travis was the ultimate victim of accumulated rage. Just my opinion, of course, but it makes sense to me.

I spent yesterday watching trial coverage that I have not seen since I did not come to this case until later on. I watched the taped interrogations with Flores. He has so much patience listening to her spin a tale. It just blew me away how JA tells the "Ninja" story. The woman was the aggressor. She was standing over TA. He was bloody. She tackled the female. The gun jammed, so her life was spared. Yet JA never tells who shot the gun.

My girlfriend who fell against a radiator being tickled by her friends was kind of annoyed, because they questioned her so long that the gash in her head requiring stitches clotted over and they had to re-tear it to sew it up properly.

What actually happened: She was in the kitchen with her friends when I heard shrieking laughter followed by this deep comical "BONG" as she fell back against the radiator. When I walked in she was just pulling her hand away from feeling the back of her head and her hand was plastered with blood.

According to witnesses you could see my eyes blank as I temporarily mentally went bye-bye.

The group of people were the cast and crew of a production of Ted Tally's Terra Nova about the disastrous 1912 expedition to the South Pole. Spoiler: Everyone dies. I was playing Robert Falcon Scott, she was playing Kathleen Scott (we started dating during the production). That I had grown out longish hair and a scraggly beard and kind of looked like a dirtbag didn't help. Although I seemed slightly saner than the friend who bailed out of the house in the snow and arrived in the ER with bare feet.

Fun fact: My GF paused to change her shirt (you what? C'mon!) because she didn't want to go out all bloodied up. Go figure.

The social worker folks in the ER were totally convinced I must have hit her in the back of the head with a bat. The "tickled into radiator" story sounds like just the sort of unlikely BS the sort of dirtbag I appeared to be would come up with.

Point is: Only in the mind of a delusional chronic confabulation could someone call 911 back, make up some unlikely story and be believed. Makes me wonder why she didn't think she could make up some unlikely story about her cut finger and go to the ER. I guess there are limits.

BBM. I had exactly the same thought. I think people lie at the ER all the time, and we're talking one seriously accomplished liar here. In fact, had she gone, it would have bolstered her battered woman defense since we know women feeled pressured to lie under the circumstances.

Totally O/T, but I have a friend who is into sculpture. He was taking a load of old cast iron radiators to the local university art department to melt down. As he was heaving one off the truck, he caught his sweater on it and threw himself down on the radiator. Left quite a nasty cut. Can't imagine what the ER thought when they heard that story!

Have you watched her two videotaped interviews with Det. Flores, before and after he arrested her? It's amazing! Even after he tells her all the evidence they have against her, her bloody handprint with her blood mixed with Travis' blood, her hair, in blood, with roots still fresh--and shows her a nude photo of her from June 4, she continues to deny she was even there!

Then the next day she comes in for a follow-up interview wearing her orange prison jumpsuit and he tells her she better make it good because he's not going to believe it. She spins a tale and at one point he says that's not gonna fly, and she replies I didn't think it was going to. It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

I blame politics for getting me sucked into this trial. I didn't want to watch the SOTU speech but all the usual channels were carrying it live so I turned on Headline News. That was a month ago! Time to stop looking at this train wreck and move on, if I can. But I admire Det. Flores--JM asked him when he arrived at the house the day after the murder and he replied he was still there from the night before--and of course Mr. Martinez. The trial has been worth watching just for those two, imo.

BBM

I had only seen snippets prior to trial, but watching those interviews in their entirety was utterly insane. You see her deliver the tale in deadly earnest too, totally believing that Detective Flores will buy it.

"Ohhhhhh, now I see. Yes, of course Ms. Arias, that makes sense. You're free to go. :notgood:

His tone and demeanor dealing with an immovable liar like JA. Nominate him for sainthood ffs.

Kind of reminded me of DT attempting (and failing, naturally) to box Dr. Horn into a corner about the gunshot. Willmot- who is a cornflake, but doesn't bug me nearly as much as Nurmi- suggesting that TA may have been capable of purposeful movement after being shot, as are people who show up in the ER with....arrows or nails imbedded in their brains.

Dr. Horn was bug-eyed, like.....wait what? It's a BULLET my dear, not an arrow, a BULLET. That tactic hit the ground like a safe, just like everything else they've attempted to do.

I also wonder if she DIDNT drop the camera on the tile to piss him off! She inserts half truths to a lot of her comments.

I think she was just trying to make her story fit the evidence (and give TA a reason to get mad) as she knew some accidental pics were taken by the camera (she looked through and deleted them before leaving, probably while listening to his voice mail messages) and thought one of those would fit her story perfectly - 'See, you can tell by the pic the camera is falling, just like I said!'. I'm still hoping what Flores told her when showing her one of the accidental pics is true, that it was just a small portion of the entire pic.

I wish I could find the whole ceiling pic that shows all the margins, there seems to be something dark on the upper edge and to the right, I'd like to play with that and see if it's a vent in the ceiling or something else.

I spent yesterday watching trial coverage that I have not seen since I did not come to this case until later on. I watched the taped interrogations with Flores. He has so much patience listening to her spin a tale. It just blew me away how JA tells the "Ninja" story. The woman was the aggressor. She was standing over TA. He was bloody. She tackled the female. The gun jammed, so her life was spared. Yet JA never tells who shot the gun.

I do not know if the gun jammed or not. JA got a head shotwith pistol while TA was in the shower. One shot and TA came out of the shower enclosure knocking JA to the side while he goes to vanity in total shock to see the damage to his face. Why the gun was not used any more I don't know but KA does have a knife so she attempts to inflict a mortal wound to TA's back but TA sees her in the mirror and turns towards JA. Defends himself after taking a knife wound to the chest. Realizes he needs to flee turns towards bedroom for help phone something but colapses to the floor. JA gets him on the side and back. Screams become terrifying. JA silences and kills TA with one cut to the throat.

I was totally struck by that even BEFORE I started following this case here. I thought to myself, there is no way this could even remotely be called self defense.. just like that other case, (Wright?) where the perp stabbed the victim over one hundred times?!?! Common sense screams, NO!

Thats exactly it. Just from the beginning I knew it would be tons of lies....just didn't know to what extent.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

You swine.

If it makes you feel any better, my immediate reaction was YUCK. For one thing, he's way too pretty. Really can't be interested in a man who spends more time in front of the mirror than me. So not all women are into the eye candy! :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member