Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They already have, last night on JVM. Though not much was said, even the defense attorney didn't think it was a big deal. I'm sure her DT is already aware of this and have been for some time and have checked it out only to find out the truth. If this were legit, they would have had it in evidence in a New York minute.

ITA but the general public didn't know about it. Sad that somebody thought this was news now.

Quoting TA's text to JA from April (?) 2008... "You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap." I think this is exactly how many of us feel, and I am sure that the jury feels the same. These lies ARE insulting, she lied bold faced to the juror's questions, she is a serial liar and when she says lying isn't something she typically does, I would love to see her lie of an explanation for these texts from TA. She clearly lied to him many times! And she plays now like prior to June 4, 2008 she was some battered saint when that is the complete opposite of the truth. I hope JM hits on these texts again because they are so pivotal to understanding that JA was still manipulating, obsessing and controlling TA and his relationships while she was living 1,000 miles away, and lying about it. She sucks.
MOO

So I saw the "new" video of TA sitting around telling the story about the gun to his head and that woman.

I found myself getting annoyed as hell the way JA laid on top of him while he was telling the story.

OMG What is it about??!! It's the motive-I think most of us believe that.Someone beside JA & TA must know something!!!

Paperwing transcribed the first part of this text:
Thanks for this Lizard Queen!
Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next thing I want is this michelle K that is friends with Elena(?) that nobody knows but knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. Until you have that information. Its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes....

My take? These texts make perfect sense to me now. JA confronted TA with ill-gotten information regarding another woman he was seeing, his outrage was brought on by her psycho-hacking-snooping, and her "cover-up" by way of inventing "Elena" as the informant. His demands for the truth are in reference to how she REALLY got the information.

Jodi is behaving like that because she was not the centre of attention.

I almost think they had an ego of war going on.

So I saw the "new" video of TA sitting around telling the story about the gun to his head and that woman.

I found myself getting annoyed as hell the way JA laid on top of him while he was telling the story.

I wish I could say he was throwing the case, but in fact, unfortunately for Nurmi, I think he is like you say a terrible lawyer.

I think defendants can always claim ineffective counsel, especially when that's their only grounds for appeal. It might work in this case, but I doubt it. When it concerns things like that bank statement and filling the gas cans, Jodi could have told her lawyers about it. It's her own fault (as is everything else).

The DT is aware and has access to all exhibits. I think that Nurmi didn't see the relevance. He also didn't know exactly what JA would say on the stand even though they were well rehearsed.

This in the text confuses me:

You have til tomorrow. to
have me this persons
information before I tell all
of the hughes' leslie udy,
the freemans, your parents
and anyone else that
matters about all the crazy
things you have done.

1. Why until tomorrow?
2. Who is this person Travis speaks of?

My thought: Travis figured out someone hacked into Facebook, emails & Jodi lied about it after he called her on it. She tries to undo the damage by telling him it was someone else and not her? He doesn't buy it.

I really think it has to do with Mimi. When she heard Travis thought God told him Mimi should be his wife (or something like that), she couldn't stand it. She made up a story of someone telling her about Travis and Mimi having sex. This person had evidence and was going to report it to the bishop. I think she was trying to get Travis to not take Mimi to Cancun since she would have been serious to Travis. She was supposedly acting like a friend telling Travis what was going on, hoping he would cancel things with Mimi.

I'm not anti-DP and for sure not in this case, but we all know even if JA gets the DP she will sit on Death Row for years before they finally give her the needle. Which is entirely too humane for someone who brutually slaughtered another human being, like JA did with Travis.

Kind of makes me long for the days of "Ol' Sparky," the electric chair we had here in Florida. Sparky had some, em, quirks, which led to complaints of "cruel and inhuman punishment" (yeah, like stabbing someone 20+ times, shooting them and nearly decapitating them is so humane), so eventually Florida switched to lethal injection.

Anyway, at least on Death Row, JA will be forced to sit alone with her own sick self for 23 hours a day. That's the company she deserves.

Sorry if I'm rambling today! Thanks for listening. Maybe I just need to grab myself a big ol' cup of STFU. lol
:seeya:

This in the text confuses me:

You have til tomorrow. to
have me this persons
information before I tell all
of the hughes' leslie udy,
the freemans, your parents
and anyone else that
matters about all the crazy
things you have done.

1. Why until tomorrow?
2. Who is this person Travis speaks of?

My thought: Travis figured out someone hacked into Facebook, emails & Jodi lied about it after he called her on it. She tries to undo the damage by telling him it was someone else and not her? He doesn't buy it.

The beginning of that text was transcribed by LizardQueen74 as:

Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next thing I want is this michelle K that is friends with Elena(?) that nobody knows but knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. Until [you have . . .]

So, yes there apparently is some mysterious Michelle K and Elena that she's blaming things on. What the "tomorrow" is about, I don't know.

What's also confusing to me is that this text is dated by sources as being sent some time in April, which would have been BEFORE the phone sex tape was made. Doesn't make sense to me. More logically, I would say it was sent sometime between May 10 and May 26.

Since there is a sense of levity in the forum today, please watch this. It is hysterical!!! The girl is Jodi to a T
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTUL6P6mQAg&feature=share"]Jodi Arias: Never Before Seen Testimony - YouTube[/ame]

'mornin' guyz :seeya:

Finally got around to listening to last Sunday's True Crime radio show, with Tricia, katiecoolady, Dr. Glass and Holly Hughes. As always, it was enjoyable and informative and thought-provoking, but an idea suddenly popped into my head as I was listening to the podcast:

Does anyone else get the impression that Nurmi wants his client to be found guilty? My understanding is that he tried to get himself removed from this case, and couldn't. So maybe he figured, well, it's my job but I don't have to do it well. And, in my humble opinion as a non-lawyer, he is doing a terrible job. But...on purpose? (Then again, look what he has to work with...a sociopath who thinks she's smarter than he is!)

BUT... if JA is found guilty (and how can she not be?) and gets the DP, can Arias use Nurmi's "ineffective counsel" and that perhaps he was prejudiced against her from the get-go, as a weapon in the appeals process?

Thoughts?

I hope she's not counting on that. The standard for 'effective counsel' appears to be very, very low!

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/ineffective-assistance-of-counsel.html

"Ineffective assistance of counsel is when an attorney's services to a defendant in a criminal case fall so far short of what a reasonably competent attorney would do that it violates the Sixth Amendment of the Constitution. In other words, the counsel for the defendant was so ineffective that the counsel could hardly be considered an attorney, thus negating the “right to an attorney” as promised by the Constitution."

BBM

Ok guys...FULL transcription of what I and Paperwing got on the April 2008 Text from Travis to Jodi:

Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next thing I want is this michelle K that is friends with Elena(?) that nobody knows but knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. Until you have that information. Its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie. So either text me you that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. to have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out.

ETA: One note. I was the one that added the (?) b/c I'm not 100% sure the name is Elena. The rest of the text I was able to make out, but the Elena is not perfectly clear. I'm pretty sure, but not 100%

Lisa Perry from the City of Mesa PD Lab.

Thank you for posting this. The blood spatter evidence or I should say lack of evidence is something I need to ponder. The expert didn't say anything about castoff splatter and Juan didn't ask her about it. I want to know where it is.

Good one! I like it! Hence always Travis and I are friends and he is disobeying the Law of Chastity dear Bishop.

I really think it has to do with Mimi. When she heard Travis thought God told him Mimi should be his wife (or something like that), she couldn't stand it. She made up a story of someone telling her about Travis and Mimi having sex. This person had evidence and was going to report it to the bishop. I think she was trying to get Travis to not take Mimi to Cancun since she would have been serious to Travis. She was supposedly acting like a friend telling Travis what was going on, hoping he would cancel things with Mimi.

The DT is aware and has access to all exhibits. I think that Nurmi didn't see the relevance. He also didn't know exactly what JA would say on the stand even though they were well rehearsed.

That's quite possible (that he didn't see the relevance, I mean). Just another sign that he's really not a good lawyer. I have mixed feelings about him not knowing what Jodi was going to say on the stand. He should have told her he wasn't going to put her on the stand unless she stuck to the script. But I suppose if he'd tried that, she would have gotten up in open court and demanded to be heard. I think if a defendant does that the judge has to allow it. Train wreck all around for Nurmi, whatever he did or did not do.

I wish I could say he was throwing the case, but in fact, unfortunately for Nurmi, I think he is like you say a terrible lawyer.

I think defendants can always claim ineffective counsel, especially when that's their only grounds for appeal. It might work in this case, but I doubt it. When it concerns things like that bank statement and filling the gas cans, Jodi could have told her lawyers about it. It's her own fault (as is everything else).

I agree with this. He objects to EVERYTHING and leads her through her testimony. She just won't take his advice.

IMO, it's all on her.

Jodi is behaving like that because she was not the centre of attention.

I almost think they had an ego of war going on.

I find it telling how much TA put up with that behavior. Firstly, it was a gross display of PDA, IMO. Not the french kissing, groping type of session but "gross" in the sense that it had to have made others feel uncomfortable. Secondly, if TA was such the abuser, there would be NO way he would have her laying all over him like a freakin' cat or lap dog while in a big crowd.

I'm baffled by the media's portrayal of her as some hot bombshell or whatever. To each is own, I suppose, but she definitely isn't worthy of such a portrayal, IMO.

I used to work in the music hall at House of Blues- the kind of kinetic energy that the courtroom had when JM took over had the same fever pitch when the artists took the stage.

It was immediate and powerful and complete.

JM is the first prosecutor I've seen who has that transfixing command over a group of people. In his next life, he'll come back as a band frontman.

Hilarious!!! He is a total Rock star! I can see it!
Thanks for the laugh :floorlaugh:

It was probably one of her "I was working at a restaurant and these mysterious friends of yours came in and felt they should warn me or tell me about <fill in the blank>".

First official post for me! I've been a lurker here since the trial started and I've really enjoyed a lot of the posts. This may have come up already and I know that there are a lot of posts regarding JA and her intelligence. But does anyone else find the journals totally childlike and ridiculous? They remind me in the ones I did as a 8 year old. The weird upbeat tone, over the top glee about mundane things and signing it with her name at the end??? It's almost like she knew someone besides herself would be reading these someday (narcissist) and wanted to portray her life in a certain way. They strike me as really false and immature. And don't get me started on the entry about "falling asleep" at TA's house after cleaning. She wasn't even honest in her journal about waiting him to come home from his date with Mimi! As far as I'm concerned if you lie in your journal about your jealousies and motivations you have a serious personality disorder. :twocents:

I definitely agree. I also compare her to Diane Downs, who kept a very similar journal, all about how wonderful she was & guys were always hitting on her -- sounded just like Jodi. Downs also was reported to be extremely anxious that the police be aware of her journal, knowing they would read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91