Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Juan done with questioning her or will he be back at it tomrorow? Do we know what the next step is in the case? PLEASE tell me it's not Nurmi's turn again!!!

Jodi has avery strange way of holding her cup backwards when she takes a drink while on the stand. I was just watching the police interrogation video. She does the same thing with her pencil when drawing the diagrams.

So, it occurred to me Jodi is 'drawing' a piece of artwork with her story telling in testimony. She approaches her mouth the same way she approaches the paper both to draw pictures.

Well, it makes more sense when I think about it than trying to put it into words in a post.

Wait, I thought the angry text was late May? It's actually April?

I really think it has to do with Mimi. When she heard Travis thought God told him Mimi should be his wife (or something like that), she couldn't stand it. She made up a story of someone telling her about Travis and Mimi having sex. This person had evidence and was going to report it to the bishop. I think she was trying to get Travis to not take Mimi to Cancun since she would have been serious to Travis. She was supposedly acting like a friend telling Travis what was going on, hoping he would cancel things with Mimi.

Do we know from any other party what Travis actually thought about Mimi? I'm wondering if Travis built it up to more than it was, just to get rid of Jodi.

It is a pity JA got mixed up in all of this love relationship stuff because she isn't a bad artist for limited schooling.

I agree. Considering that she dropped out of high school, she is very talented. I know people here are so overcome with blind hatred and therefore minimize her actual talent as something a grade five student can do, but if you can look objectively, it is actually very good artwork.

(BTW, I am a professional artist with a Psychology Degree, FWIW.)

I think that the worst torture for Jodi (if she wasn't so delusional) during her stay in prison would be if she was separated from the rest of the prison population (because she is and would continue to be treated like a rock star amongst them) on DR, with regular reminders of what could have been ... that along with Travis life and reputation, she also sacrificed all of her potential accomplishments as a wife, mother, model, photographer & artist.

Que sera, sera ...

Did the angry April emails come after JA had moved back to CA or was she still in Mesa? Did she point to a specific event that prompted her move back? I think Det. Flores asked several times in her initial interview when in April she moved back, and she ignored the question. I wonder why?

Two different texts: one in April, one in late May. There's actually another one that Nurmi dated to May 10th, although that is the day of the phone sex conversation and IMO is dated incorrectly.

So is Juan done with questioning her or will he be back at it tomrorow? Do we know what the next step is in the case? PLEASE tell me it's not Nurmi's turn again!!!

Juan is back tomorrow,then more jury questions,nurmi gets to question her again then Juan. if there is no more jury questions its on to DT witness's

As most criminologists know crime and sentencing in the USA are very race, income, and gender sensitive.

Given the JA TA trial circumstances=

*if JA had been a black male and killed a white female he would have been long since convicted of 1st degree murder and given the death penalty with +/- NO media coverage.

* If JA had been a black male killing a black female the same result as above would ensue plus NO media coverage.

*IF JA had been a celebrity black (non Caucasian) male killing a white or black female, ala OJ Simpson, South Africa’s favored son Pretorius (sic), a lesser conviction no death penalty and media coverage.

*If JA had been a white middle class male killing a black female (lower SE class ) long trial resulting in a diminished verdict and possible exoneration. No media coverage.

*IF JA had been Caucasian male killing a Caucasian female (both middle class) long trial but probable 1st degree verdict. Media coverage dependent on “titillation factor”.

COMMENT – of US homicides per year a small percentage of them involve middle class Caucasians. My guess is less than 1% of > 60,000. Family /spousal Caucasian homicides are relatively rare and highly desirable by TV crime entertainment producers such as 48 Hours. Black on black crime is of virtually no interest to network and cable TV producers. Attractive white female murderers are very much in demand and given circumstances are insured celebrity status by Internet TV blogs etc.

In the US, crime “gaping” is a popular past time much like crossword puzzles. The JA trial in particular has all the elements of sensationalism and luridness. As such JA is insured a place in the American Criminal Pantheon – an honorific that I’m sure she covets. Her crime is one of those that fulfills all criteria for a BINGO. White on white crime coupled with looks passion and gore. This trial has produced such a feeding frenzy – similar to OJ and CA – that authors are racing to publish the definitive book at the moment a verdict is issued. Also the JA Trial will engender a cottage industry of books and commentary that should endure for years. Book publishers blogs and TV producers estimate the entertainment value of the JA Trial is equal to millions and millions of dollars.

It is highly likely that a similar kind of homicide has occurred in the recent past but perpetrated by lower socio economic class, non Caucasian males and or females. Such events are devoid of any entertainment value and are merely entered into the police blotter as another statistic.

I think there were some in April and some in May (which goes to show he would get very angry at her, and then they must have made up).

Not that it makes much of a difference, but after a poster commented about it earlier and spending more time studying the photo, I have changed my opinion of the sitting photo (chest down) in the shower. Now I feel certain that his legs weren't crossed. The curve is the calf pushing against the thigh. I apologize if my earlier opinion has mislead anyone. I couldn't find the message again, but thanks to the person who challenged this opinion and made me look closer.

I hope someone will post that photo and point out how the legs are not crossed I have looked and looked ad they still look crossed to me...I couldn't see her leg in that one photo until someone kindly pointed it out....

Maybe this crude drawing will help (I blurred the actual photo as I don't feel right posting it)...

picture.php
Travis' legs are NOT crossed, I hope this photo will clear it up.
This is a photo from Day 6, when Juan was asking Detective Melendez about the time stamps on the photos.
30htxjb.png

I've seen prosecutors who also had command of the facts of their case, but none with the phenomenal memory of who said what when, right up to the current moment, that JM displays. He's in a class by himself.

i agree, i have said this before jm would make a excellent law professor. maybe one day he will write a book about his life and career in the prosecutor's office. jmo

JA is so full of herself. She was concerned with what people would think if they found out she murdered Travis all by herself. Worried about what she looked like before the interview started. She needs to be on death row, constantly wondering what others think - not with others who might pacify her neediness. I'm sorry if this sounds mean, but I would like to visit her in prison, just to tell her she is not all that!

Juan is back tomorrow,then more jury questions,nurmi gets to question her again then Juan. if there is no more jury questions its on to DT witness's

Thank you!!!! Man this is going to be such a LONG process. While I like hearing the jury's questions, I hope that they don't ask anymore, I hope they are just over it.

I imagine Juan will be done tomorrow. I have no doubt Nurmi will drag his part out as long as humanly possible. It seems like we get so little of Juan, I feel cheated!

Can someone please tell me why this judge allowed the pedophilia/abuse claims in court? There is no evidence at all. Does this mean defendants can slander their victims without evidence now?? If there is real evidence then by all means bring it in but this is just crazy!

:furious:

:banghead:

I've wondered this, too, and I asked an attorney friend the same questions. The WS attorneys can probably give a more comprehensive answer but this is how it was explained to me: First, her testimony is evidence. The jury doesn't have to believe that it's truthful evidence but it is, technically, evidence nonetheless. Second, slander is a tort whose damages (and remedies) are economic. Since TA is dead, there is no 'slander' per se, since he cannot be economically damaged because he is dead. Ugh. So yes, it appears that she can get away with trashing the reputation of TA for her own narcissistic purposes. Ugh. She is absolutely diabolical.

Do we know from any other party what Travis actually thought about Mimi? I'm wondering if Travis built it up to more than it was, just to get rid of Jodi.

So thats where the poison started to bubble...

That why Travis sent those e-mails to her....

I can't believe how really evil she is....:sick:

Ok guys...FULL transcription of what I and Paperwing got on the April 2008 Text from Travis to Jodi:

Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next thing I want is this michelle K that is friends with Elena(?) that nobody knows but knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. Until you have that information. Its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie. So either text me you that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. to have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out.

ETA: One note. I was the one that added the (?) b/c I'm not 100% sure the name is Elena. The rest of the text I was able to make out, but the Elena is not perfectly clear. I'm pretty sure, but not 100%

I keep trying to make out that name, and it looks to me like it could be Diana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487