Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, Arizona does not have front license plates. Her removal of the plate, along with turning the back one upside down, suggests she was trying to "blend" in and not be recognized immediately as being out-of-state. It's possible that by turning the plate upside down, it was less easily identified as a California plate. It's not foolproof, but it would probably avoid IMMEDIATE recognition to someone passing by quickly.

i saws JAWS in 9th grade at the show. scared me a little for sure. nebraska bound waterwise, so i wasn't
afraid of sharks. no bad dreams.
i have had dreams lately of travis alexander kicking and screaming to no avail, trying to get away, not based
on autopsy reports, but sheer terror of impending doom.
man, it just gets me, over and over, the captain in JAWS was battling a known enemy.
travis alexander was probably 100 times as scared and 1000 times more bewildered in the same amount of time that the murder took place.
man,what a horrible,horrible thing that was done to him.

One of my older brothers was arrested for stabbing a woman over 20+ times & killing her. While she was taking her last breathe she said a name that sounded like our family's last name.

He asked her to the Homecoming Dance their sophomore year in high school. That was about it.

He had already completed 3 years at OS then joined the Navy to help with his 4th year of college costs. Anyway, many years later, this woman's last words sounded like our last name.

He was held in the brig for 3 days until they determined it was a neighbor boy, age 14 (It's been a while so plus or minus but he was a teen) who was had mental problems did it. His name sounded close to our last name.

What I'm trying to get at is in my opinion is, you would have to know your family member and if they were capable of such an anger. My brother didn't fit that part as he's been a pillar to admire and we all just worried how he was treated in the Navy jail. You know.

My brother is such an honorable man. We know it. Same with my other 4 siblings. I think Jodi's family have doubts and know in their mind what she has done & about her behavior unless they just try to relieve the pain otherwise or choose to ignore it.

Travis' family knows his character too. jmo

That is right. "As they say", bullets do not turn left or right angles. They have to got straight unless they bounce off bone which .22 is fully capable of doing which makes it so dangerous.

JMHO

Would a .25 caliber be any different?

I don't know guns. But logic says ... when someone is coming AT you and you pull the trigger before they get there, the bullet goes FORWARD not sideways.

Another problem for Jodi is it's just impossible to believe someone who was in "mortal terror," in the process of running backwards into the bathroom, and having never handled a gun before, somehow squarely hits a "lunging linebacker" in his right temple as he is angling down and toward her (and doesn't know if she hit him)!

So many parts of ridiculous in THAT story!

Much easier to hit someone who is lying still on their back with a slit throat, I would think.

Yep, time stands still for them. No iPhone5 for them! Limited news, the rest of the world keeps moving, changing and growing. In prison I imagine its like Ground Hog Day, especially on death row. Everyday the same....

ever looked at some death row prisoners for a goof? it seems they can get like laundry duty
or stupid jobs. i thought it was solitary. peez me off. how can this be ?

Jodi is so ridiculous and caught. So much plotting and planning went into this crime. She didn't leave a stone unturned, so thorough was she in her efforts to conceal that she was in Arizona that day. It is laughable to me that the police on the scene had her name from Travis' friends immediately on finding the body. They all knew she did it.

She seemed to borrow/steal from men that were prominent in her life. The gun from her grandfather, the gas cans from Daryl. I wonder if her visit to Matt was based on the fact that he had a large knife collection.

My apologies is this has been discussed...haven't had time to backtrack.

Tonight on Dr. Drew, Lisa Bloom stated that a plea deal can still be offered to JA! The odds of that happening are probably 1000 to 1, but is this really true at this late stage in the game? The best she would be offered is LWOP I suppose, but that would get her off death row. Waiting to hear from the legal eagles....

Already occured during the trial. Defense asked to plea down to Murder 2, and Prosecution refused. The jury isn't permitted to know about this.

I can't remember at what stage of the trial this occured.

That in itself tells me that Jodi knows for certain that she'll be found guilty.

A plea deal can be asked for at any time. But it's stupid to wait until the 11th hour when you know you're going to be found guilty since the prosecution obviously would also know that, and why in the world would they agree to a plea deal when they know their case is pretty much in the bag? I'm sure Jodi refused to do any plea deal thinking she could snow the jury when she got on the stand, but at some point she must have realized her act isn't working and finally agreed to one, but was too dumb to realize that once she finally figured it out, everyone else long since already had, and of course the prosecution would say no dice. I'm sure her defense team has been begging her to accept a plea deal for years.

Already occured during the trial. Defense asked to plea down to Murder 2, and Prosecution refused. The jury isn't permitted to know about this.

I can't remember at what stage of the trial this occured.

That in itself tells me that Jodi knows for certain that she'll be found guilty.

A plea deal can be asked for at any time. But it's stupid to wait until the 11th hour when you know you're going to be found guilty since the prosecution obviously would also know that, and why in the world would they agree to a plea deal when they know their case is pretty much in the bag? I'm sure Jodi refused to do any plea deal thinking she could snow the jury when she got on the stand, but at some point she must have realized her act isn't working and finally agreed to one, but was too dumb to realize that once she finally figured it out, everyone else long since already had, and of course the prosecution would say no dice. I'm sure her defense team has been begging her to accept a plea deal for years.

It was actually before trial. It was a plea or Else-I'll-drag-TA-name-through-the-mud kinda offer made in 2010 and in 2011.

Document: http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jodiariasngfile.pdf

Can someone please tell me why this judge allowed the pedophilia/abuse claims in court? There is no evidence at all. Does this mean defendants can slander their victims without evidence now?? If there is real evidence then by all means bring it in but this is just crazy!

:furious:

:banghead:

If the jurors from the KC trial had had a chance to ask her questions they would have been something like:

Don't you think it's unfair that you were arrested instead of George?

Why did you feel responsible for Caylee's well-being when she actually lived with her grandparents?

Spending that evening (June 16, 2008) with Tony must have been traumatic for you. Can you please tell us how you got through that?

Everything has been taken from you. How does this make you feeeeel?

And so on!

Before the phone call tape was played in the beginning of Jodi's testimony, Nurmi came back from a lunch break asking the DP be taken off the table. Denied by the Judge.

Made my big pot of stew. Little freezer is full now. Ready for trial to commence.

I think JM has proved his case already. I watched the trial the past few weeks. I've read the MSM locally over the years so only recently decided I had an opinion based on what has jumped out at me. I've read court dockets & tried to catch up as much as possible but still lag a bit.

The people who are backing JA are not helping her. They have made their testimony perjury almost. MM, Gus...ye-ah etc...

I'd surrender myself to LWOP come Wednesday if I knew I did this and lied until I'm exposed so well...

the mind of a killer. I have a knack for it. lol but Jodi isn't winning. She has to come up with something else.

Have you watched her two videotaped interviews with Det. Flores, before and after he arrested her? It's amazing! Even after he tells her all the evidence they have against her, her bloody handprint with her blood mixed with Travis' blood, her hair, in blood, with roots still fresh--and shows her a nude photo of her from June 4, she continues to deny she was even there!

Then the next day she comes in for a follow-up interview wearing her orange prison jumpsuit and he tells her she better make it good because he's not going to believe it. She spins a tale and at one point he says that's not gonna fly, and she replies I didn't think it was going to. It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

I blame politics for getting me sucked into this trial. I didn't want to watch the SOTU speech but all the usual channels were carrying it live so I turned on Headline News. That was a month ago! Time to stop looking at this train wreck and move on, if I can. But I admire Det. Flores--JM asked him when he arrived at the house the day after the murder and he replied he was still there from the night before--and of course Mr. Martinez. The trial has been worth watching just for those two, imo.

She seemed to borrow/steal from men that were prominent in her life. The gun from her grandfather, the gas cans from Daryl. I wonder if her visit to Matt was based on the fact that he had a large knife collection.

I would take a large leap and say that I think that these three men hurt her tremendously. I believe that in her sub conscious she had a lot of rage towards all of them and that's why they had to be connected to the final target of her unexpressed rage, Travis. Why visit Daryl and Matt to borrow gas cans and maybe steal or borrow a knife. No need to. She had the money to buy her own gas cans and pay cash. She could buy a knife anywhere, again with cash. I do think that she got the knife from Matt, stolen I would say. I do think that Jodi was the victim of child sex abuse because of the way she was (I won't go any further with this theory). Travis was the ultimate victim of accumulated rage. Just my opinion, of course, but it makes sense to me.

It was actually before trial. It was a plea or Else-I'll-drag-TA-name-through-the-mud kinda offer made in 2010 and in 2011.

Document: http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jodiariasngfile.pdf

Was it? I saw this on Nancy Grace... figures with all her bellowing that she does she didn't make that clear. She annoys me so much. I also didn't see the whole show but saw I guess a section of it on YouTube.

Thanks for the correction.

In any case though, a plea deal can be asked for right up to before the jury gives their verdict. I can see that happening if it's an "iffy" case, but this one was a slam-dunk long before it went to trial.

I REALLY hope that some of the jurors agree to talk about the case afterward like some did after the CA case. I'd love to see them rolling their eyes and exclaiming about what an obvious liar and nutball she is and that she scared the pants off them.
:great:

I would take a large leap and say that I think that these three men hurt her tremendously. I believe that in her sub conscious she had a lot of rage towards all of them and that's why they had to be connected to the final target of her unexpressed rage, Travis. Why visit Daryl and Matt to borrow gas cans and maybe steal or borrow a knife. No need to. She had the money to buy her own gas cans and pay cash. She could buy a knife anywhere, again with cash. I do think that she got the knife from Matt, stolen I would say. I do think that Jodi was the victim of child sex abuse because of the way she was (I won't go any further with this theory). Travis was the ultimate victim of accumulated rage. Just my opinion, of course, but it makes sense to me.

:pullhair: AAGGHHHHHH...I am sick of people labeling every psycho killer a victim of sexual abuse. I was abused sexually as a child for years, and I NEVER killed any ex's, and my kids are grown ups, and healthy and happy ones.

Sorry, just jumping off your post, not directed at you. But I haver been to many support groups for childhood abuse survivors, and I did not see a lot of Jodis or Caseys there. I saw sensitive, fragile people who had emotional issues to work through. But they were not typically pathological, coldblooded lying killers.

i saws JAWS in 9th grade at the show. scared me a little for sure. nebraska bound waterwise, so i wasn't
afraid of sharks. no bad dreams.
i have had dreams lately of travis alexander kicking and screaming to no avail, trying to get away, not based
on autopsy reports, but sheer terror of impending doom.
man, it just gets me, over and over, the captain in JAWS was battling a known enemy.
travis alexander was probably 100 times as scared and 1000 times more bewildered in the same amount of time that the murder took place.
man,what a horrible,horrible thing that was done to him.

:fence:
I know exactly how you feel, stories so horrific are described with relish by sensationalists.
When next you sleep, tell yourself, Travis is free,
and that tonight you will dream him in a setting he would feel peace,
sailing a hot-air ballon into the dawns horizon.
and now, it's my :bedtime:

BBM. If you have kids you may have been through this as well. My unbelievably hyperactive son had to be taken to the ER twice with a what might have been "nursemaid's elbow" (caused by grabbing the kid's arm, pulling & twisting). Triage nurses definitely had to ask some questions!

My girlfriend who fell against a radiator being tickled by her friends was kind of annoyed, because they questioned her so long that the gash in her head requiring stitches clotted over and they had to re-tear it to sew it up properly.

What actually happened: She was in the kitchen with her friends when I heard shrieking laughter followed by this deep comical "BONG" as she fell back against the radiator. When I walked in she was just pulling her hand away from feeling the back of her head and her hand was plastered with blood.

According to witnesses you could see my eyes blank as I temporarily mentally went bye-bye.

The group of people were the cast and crew of a production of Ted Tally's Terra Nova about the disastrous 1912 expedition to the South Pole. Spoiler: Everyone dies. I was playing Robert Falcon Scott, she was playing Kathleen Scott (we started dating during the production). That I had grown out longish hair and a scraggly beard and kind of looked like a dirtbag didn't help. Although I seemed slightly saner than the friend who bailed out of the house in the snow and arrived in the ER with bare feet.

Fun fact: My GF paused to change her shirt (you what? C'mon!) because she didn't want to go out all bloodied up. Go figure.

The social worker folks in the ER were totally convinced I must have hit her in the back of the head with a bat. The "tickled into radiator" story sounds like just the sort of unlikely BS the sort of dirtbag I appeared to be would come up with.

Point is: Only in the mind of a delusional chronic confabulation could someone call 911 back, make up some unlikely story and be believed. Makes me wonder why she didn't think she could make up some unlikely story about her cut finger and go to the ER. I guess there are limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966