Is FCA headed back to Orange County for Probation?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RichardHornsby @RedHuber He's probably filing a writ of prohibition with Fifth District Court of Appeals, anyone check there...

I believe Stricklands contact was inappropriate. Whether it was a small infraction, a borderline infraction, or an infraction done in open court, it was still an infraction. That infraction was the "straw that broke the camel's back" in his decision to step down.

Not sure why there is a belief by some that there was "inappropriate contact" when we all know here at WS's that there just wasn't any. There is a thread and we all went through it thoroughly with our questions and it just was not there. Did JS recluse himself, "Yes".....Did he do so because of inappropriate contact....No, absolutely not. Not hard to understand from my perspective, anyway. jmo

bbm

Probation Motion
filed by Mason August 2, 2011

adamlongo Adam Longo
Motion just filed by Cheney Mason to ask to set aside order for #caseyanthony probation. Will post on return to 13

yfrog.com/ke7y4rlj

Attachments

• Probation emergency motion August 2, 2011.jpg
    Probation emergency motion August 2, 2011.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 42
Not sure why there is a belief by some that there was "inappropriate contact" when we all know here at WS's that there just wasn't any. There is a thread and we all went through it thoroughly with our questions and it just was not there. Did JS recluse himself, "Yes".....Did he do so because of inappropriate contact....No, absolutely not. Not hard to understand from my perspective, anyway. jmo

I completely agree with you.

RichardHornsby @RedHuber He's probably filing a writ of prohibition with Fifth District Court of Appeals, anyone check there...

My guess is that he had to make it before 5pm tonight, to the Fifth District Court of Appeals to file a motion there asking for an emergency hearing .

RH wrote a blog today about why it still can happen.

Yes he did but RH left out all these visits DOC made in what appears to be a probation manner.

I can't see any other legit reason the state DOC would be visiting her in a County jail numerous times.

But I thought that everyone was boycotting everything Casey (except here).

BBM:

:rocker: Exactly !

Oh ... I hope the news cameras get every photo they can of CFCA and post them all over the news, tv, internet ...

:great::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

My understanding is she sas SERVING time for her check fraud charges.

Me too.

How can you serve time for check fraud, lying to LE and serve a probationary term all at the same time? It doesn't make sense.

Probation Motion
filed by Mason August 2, 2011

adamlongo Adam Longo
Motion just filed by Cheney Mason to ask to set aside order for #caseyanthony probation. Will post on return to 13

yfrog.com/ke7y4rlj
Ok...expected...but without JS being around...does that mean she still has to show?

Didn't the woman admit that the media put the "ran her off the road because she looked like Casey" spin to it. The woman did say that this unusual person did tell her she looked like Casey but she clearly knew it was not Casey. This person had some mental problems, too I believe, so she probably didn't need much of a reason to run anyone off the road. lol When I think of vigilantes I think of ordinary people who just let their anger get out of control. I don't see people acting like that in Orlando. I think most people will just give her dirty looks.

I'm telling you, and I know the Theme Parks are careful who they hire, but the best job for her is in a full suited costume so no one would know who she was. No contact with money, no facial recognition. No one would need to know. jmo

So, maybe one of those sign flippers...you know... the folks who wear a monkey or a banana suit or even an Uncle Sam suit and they stand on corners flipping a Huge marketing sign.

Yes he did but RH left out all these visits DOC made in what appears to be a probation manner.

I can't see any other legit reason the state DOC would be visiting her in a County jail numerous times.
Except...he said the following...

The problem with this argument is that Casey Anthony never actually did anything; a probation officer visited her at least one time and then verified her continued incarceration for the next twelve months (thus accounting for the “contacts” DOC references – read look her up online). My gut feeling is that a Court of appeals would not be to sympathetic to Ms. Anthony, because she was not actually reporting to probation and there was no impediment placed on her liberty.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

It is a step in the right direction, IMO, if Casey has to serve a proper probation period. However, it is not enough.

Casey served her sentence for her fraud convictions while she was awaiting trial on murder charges. But, then she was subsequently convicted on four counts of lying to LE and sentenced consecutively to one year in jail on each charge. By my calculation, Casey got out without having to serve that full four-year sentence.

Casey being given credit for all time served was wrong; all of the days she served as sentence for the fraud convictions should have been deducted from the total time served when calculating Casey's release from jail date.

She may balk if she has to do a proper probationary period but, really, probation is not that big a deal. By rights, she should still be in jail serving her sentence for lying to LE. But, she's not. Casey's luck just does not end!

Casey must be spitting nails right now wondering what the next 24 hours hold. Todd better get that plane warmed up just in case. Since he likes playing jokes so much with fake Casey sitings maybe he could land it in the parking lot of the court house.

Here's what I don't get - in Mason's first couple of lines of his filings, he says this decision of Judge Strickland is fraudulent because he was recused. But Strickland wasn't recused for the cheque fraud trial, so wouldn't any Court of Appeal through it out just based on that first part of the information?

They lopped off time for "good behavior."

Yes, I understand that. But they STILL allowed the sentence served on fraud charges to count toward sentence handed down on subsequent convictions.

All through trial there could be no mention whatsoever of Casey's prior convictions. It was deemed a separate case with no bearing on the murder and lying charges. So, how can time served for prior convictions be allowed toward a subsequent sentence for crimes the court had deemed separate???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily