Is one of the reasons Casey is "unpopular" (per Baez) because she is pretty?will re o

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[snip]

To those who think KC is homely, plain, not a 10 etcetera..do you think it is odd that there is this much attention paid to this case? If it is "just" the 31 day issue...can you tell me why there was not the HUGE media circus (like this one) pertaining to the other "killer" Mothers?

[snip]

Respectfully snipped.

My response? The Perfect Storm.

It is a combination of attention grabbing things in the age of the Internet and Freedom of Information that started a storm and kept whipping it up, hyping the story and, pulling people in, such as:

• CA's sensational 911 call with ... it smells like a damn dead body
  • KC never reporting Caylee missing
  • Caylee missing 31 days
  • KC's perp walk in the hoodie
  • CA's passion for the media spotlight and 'mistruths'
  • CA's reinventing the story with the pizza smell
  • The kidnapper, Zanny the Nanny
  • KC's first call home from jail, Waste, Huge Waste!
  • LP the Bounty Hunter and the Bail circus
  • The decomp in the trunk and hair
  • The Caylee searchers who became protesters
  • TES and the Search for Caylee, call for volunteers
  • CA and the hammer down
  • KC and her starlet struts to JB's office
  • The video camera streaming in front of the house
  • The Florida Sunshine Laws
  • Access to video and reports on the Internet
  • Blogs following the story, reporting and, discussing
  • and on, and on

A series of crazy circuses occurred one after the other and it got more and more bizarre and hyped. We did not know that much about KC at first, she was in jail but the circuses grabbed the attention of the media and thus the public. We wanted Caylee home.

We were hooked before we knew much about KC and then we wanted to know more, a lot more. What made this girl tick to be so seemingly callous and uncaring about beautiful Caylee? Was Caylee kidnapped and alive or dead? What happened?

I'm not sure how to disconnect Casey's unpopularity from the demise of her daughter. I would say the impression that she murdered her daughter is the overriding reason that she's not popular (to say the least.)

However, I doubt very much that homely, middle-aged women are treated more leniently than attractive, young women when they forge their friends' checks. Quite the opposite, if anything.

One aspect of Casey's looks that I think does increase her unpopularity is that smirk.

I don't think it's so much that KC's unpopular... it's that Caylee was so cute and innocent she stole the hearts of everyone who heard about her ... I agree, there's no way to disconnect the ugly way in which Caylee died from the mother who's the only one charged with death ...

For me it's not just the smirk and inappropriate emotions or lack of, it's those eyes ... they're just plain creepy ... one of those things you can't put your finger on but creepy non the less ... she must get the creepiness from her mom ...

Respectfully snipped.

My response? The Perfect Storm.

It is a combination of attention grabbing things in the age of the Internet and Freedom of Information that started a storm and kept whipping it up, hyping the story and, pulling people in, such as:

• CA's sensational 911 call with ... it smells like a damn dead body
  • KC never reporting Caylee missing
  • Caylee missing 31 days
  • KC's perp walk in the hoodie
  • CA's passion for the media spotlight and 'mistruths'
  • CA's reinventing the story with the pizza smell
  • The kidnapper, Zanny the Nanny
  • KC's first call home from jail, Waste, Huge Waste!
  • LP the Bounty Hunter and the Bail circus
  • The decomp in the trunk and hair
  • The Caylee searchers who became protesters
  • TES and the Search for Caylee, call for volunteers
  • CA and the hammer down
  • KC and her starlet struts to JB's office
  • The video camera streaming in front of the house
  • The Florida Sunshine Laws
  • Access to video and reports on the Internet
  • Blogs following the story, reporting and, discussing
  • and on, and on

A series of crazy circuses occurred one after the other and it got more and more bizarre and hyped. We did not know that much about KC at first, she was in jail but the circuses grabbed the attention of the media and thus the public. We wanted Caylee home.

We were hooked before we knew much about KC and then we wanted to know more, a lot more. What made this girl tick to be so seemingly callous and uncaring about beautiful Caylee? Was Caylee kidnapped and alive or dead? What happened?
The first three were what drew me to the case. When I heard she'd been missing for 31 days and her mother didn't report it, my gut said she is dead and the mother most likely had something to do with it!
At least Scott Peterson knew he should report Laci missing and pretend to search for her!

The first three were what drew me to the case. When I heard she'd been missing for 31 days and her mother didn't report it, my gut said she is dead and the mother most likely had something to do with it!
At least Scott Peterson knew he should report Laci missing and pretend to search for her!

Me too! Ditto.

"911 smell of dead body" + "Never reported" + "31 days" = Rut roh! :waitasec: Not good.

Nasty is as Nasty does! She was jealous of Caylee getting the real beauty(from her dad's side) of coarse! Whom ever it may be. Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee.

I have always thought KC looked like a horse face. A Horse face with creepy dead eyes.KC's only attractiveness was her beautiful daughter Caylee.I do not think KC is even Pretty definitely not a 10, maybe a 2 on her best day.Dead creepy eyes, a gigantic forehead her hair look like its receding, a houses mouth, and a witches chin oh and pointy ears that stick out.Nope not attractive at all.

added Maybe thats why a horse's a$$ is her attorney. Also the above answer does not mean any disrespect to horses. I have never seen an ugly horse they are all beautiful.

IMO the only reason KC is unpopular is because she is a child killer and to make it even worse a killer of her own child. I never thought she was pretty; actually, I always thought she was quite homely.

I think that is a stupid argument for Baez to make.

Because history has been so unkind to attractive people....

I would think the word "notorious" rather than "unpopular" would be better suited to Casey Anthony.

As for her looks, if I were to be kind, she might qualify as somewhat cute. However, that thin facade quickly faded when the arrogance came roaring through once she was behind bars. The sharpness in her voice, the acid tone she used with her parents and friends, and her sense of entitlement makes her quite ugly. Her redeeming facial feature - her eyes - are pretty, but very, very empty. There is no genuine warmth about her. That was what little Caylee was stuck with for a mother.

The most homely person can light up a room with genuine warmth and a smile that lights up their entire face. Those folks can grow on you.

Casey Anthony doesn't posses the capacity to grow on people. I think because of her ugly temperament and arrogance, that many people really want to see her get what's coming to her. And I am one of them.

Well is anyone no matter how old they are, no matter what they look like, no matter how much they "cry"..who is charged with killing a child..IS anyone ever going to be "popular" Last time I checked not one person who is accused of killing anyone registers as popular. They are all unpopular. He just lumped KC with everyone else in te world who thinks it's okay to do what she did.

I think that is a stupid argument for Baez to make.

Because history has been so unkind to attractive people....
No, Baez never said that KC is unpopular because she is attractive..it is a question I posed.

Thanks to all for giving my question thought. I got more "no she is not attractive" answers than logic dictates*, but I appreciate the run downs for the "bigger" reasons for her unpopularity. *I maintain that the media loves to hate her and so do we! I can't find the post in this thread right now, but it was very honest..stating something along the lines of: "It makes me happy that she is getting what she deserves!" This is an expression of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude"]schadenfreude[/ame]. Schadenfreude is what drives the entire celebrity gossip world. I appreciate the thoughtful answers I have gotten. I believe the "perfect storm" answer satisfies me!
Thanks to all...It has been an enlightening discussion for me and thanks expressly to the moderators who allowed it.

Do I think she's pretty? Absolutely.

Does it effect my opinion of her (guilty v. innocent)? Absolutely.

Why? Because she should be HIDEOUS. Seriously. Especially during those 31 days that she was supposed to be "looking" for Caylee. She should have had dark circles and bags under her eyes. She should have looked pale & drawn, she should have been angry, even hysterical. She should have been blowing her nose all the time, and not giving a darn if her clothes were ironed or even matched. I believe all this because I'm a mother. If one of my children were missing, I would look like a freaking train wreck.

This is why my opinion of her guilt v. innocence is severly effected.

On a final note, she is not stunning. She has the advantage of youth, but one day all the ugliness inside her will leech out through her skin (maybe has already started).

Haven't read the whole thread yet.

But to me, this too is a nail in KC's proverbial coffin. Did you see how "nice"(as dolled up as one could get in jail) she looked at the check fraud trial? If she is going to try this look during her murder trial, I agree w/ daughter Alice. People are going to wonder how she can look good, after all she has been through. I mean we are apparently supposed to believe she is in jail because SOMEONE ELSE kidnapped and killed her daughter. I on the other hand, see a young woman worried more about her eye-liner and mascara.

http://www.kfbb.com/news/local/47887552.html

Summer Manywhitehorses...many of us here know her name, but not many in the general population could begin to tell you who this is.

The child that she murdered, and eventually plead down to negligent homicide, was no less important than Caylee Anthony. The story is eerily similar as a matter of fact and actually occurred during the course of the Casey Anthony case. It was actually an even greater tragedy, as this child who was murdered by his mother and then transported in her trunk for months, was a helpless, defenseless, two year old autistic child who had suffered fifty or more beatings in his short little life, and he had an eleven year old sister who was also a victim. How much media attention did this get? Very little, as a matter of fact next to none. What is the difference?

Pretty white female victim
Pretty white female perp
Attractive white middle class controversial outspoken family
Dream team of attorneys

His name was James Many White Horses...
I could not even find a photo of HIM...

Casey's prettiness certainly enters into the media attention that she has garnered. But I don't think it has a thing to do with her unpopularity.

I'm gonna say no she not unpoppular because she is pretty. It's more so because she is a liar. IMO She sashayed herself in front of cameras to and from her attorneys office and court appoinments with her flippant attitude, she looked like she did not have a care in the world. I think what makes people so angry is that "she" never reported Caylee missing, after 31 days her mother is the one who reluctantly made the call. She still tried to make everyone beleive the nanny story and it was so obviously a lie.

http://www.kfbb.com/news/local/47887552.html

Summer Manywhitehorses...many of us here know her name, but not many in the general population could begin to tell you who this is.

The child that she murdered, and eventually plead down to negligent homicide, was no less important than Caylee Anthony. The story is eerily similar as a matter of fact and actually occurred during the course of the Casey Anthony case. It was actually an even greater tragedy, as this child who was murdered by his mother and then transported in her trunk for months, was a helpless, defenseless, two year old autistic child who had suffered fifty or more beatings in his short little life, and he had an eleven year old sister who was also a victim. How much media attention did this get? Very little, as a matter of fact next to none. What is the difference?

Pretty white female victim
Pretty white female perp
Attractive white middle class controversial outspoken family
Dream team of attorneys

His name was James Many White Horses...
I could not even find a photo of HIM...

Casey's prettiness certainly enters into the media attention that she has garnered. But I don't think it has a thing to do with her unpopularity.

Thank you for this Magic-Cat - I remember this case very well. So sad.

Her utter conceit pizzed me off... she's not THAT pretty as to justify the catwalk strut and smirks and sunglasses and all ... the public curiosity, the press, it wasn't about KC. It was NEVER about KC. For me it was about beautiful little Caylee. Where was SHE? I didn't care about KC except to instinctively know that she has not a care in the world for that baby girl. KC isn't pretty enough to justify her behavior. Nobody is pretty enough to justify that. JB is a doo-wad to even suggest this. Shows how lame his defense is going to be.

I don't think it's obvious that the media find her good looking. Imo, they are attracted to this case for other reasons; her behavior and her family's behavior keeps this in the news. There are attractive mothers who've killed their children and didn't get the media attention KC has.

I don't have higher expectations of KC because of her looks. I don't care how good or bad you look; you have a responsibility to your children and that doesn't include murder. If anything, attractive people are held to lesser standards, i.e., they get by on their looks alone.

The problem KC may have as it relates to her looks is that those who are investigating, prosecuting and/or judging this case may think "How dare you assume that your looks will help you get away with murdering your daughter." and, thus, throw the book at her to prove otherwise. I think KC's looks are only mediocre but I think she thinks of herself as a "ten" and may feel privileged as a result. I get that same feeling, "How dare she..." and this makes her even more unpopular with me. I guess I'm trying to say that it's not her looks that make her unpopular but that she feels she can get by with all her lies and, ultimately, Caylee's murder because she thinks she's so attractive. Does that make sense? :crazy: lol

I think those in this thread who are saying she isn't attractive just don't agree with the premise (KC is attractive) so that they see no validity in the argument.

Marina, you said exactly what I tried to say.

If you went back in time and removed the Anthony's antics and the defense team's conduct, I don't believe I'd be on WS today. I would have heard a story on the news about a mother who didn't report her daughter missing for 31 days. That would have gotten my attention. Those 2 things really happened. Then, her lawyers and family would have continuously made "no comment" responses to the media, the media would've moved on to something more interesting, and I'd forgotten about the story. Once in awhile I'd hear the news reporting on a hearing in the case, and it would perk my interest to hear the update, and I'd move on again. I don't think KC looking differently would have made much difference. I found the family and defense team so bizarre and fascinating that I couldn't resist. There are pro and cons to KC being attractive. I think the pros and cons sort of cancel each other out, if that makes sense.

I totally agree with your opinion. It was a triple shot circus when you combined:

1. Casey's antics and lies demonstrated on video (thank you sunshine law)

2. Her parents obvious attempts to cash in, play the media (badly, I might add) and obstruct.

3. The media's willingness to cover every aspect of this car wreck to include providing a forum for the defense team and the House Of Anthony.

You are correct in the opinion that this case would not be the "sensation" it has become if none of the three aspects mentioned above had not conjoined together in some kind of nightmarish colliding. I am a little embarrassed to admit that I follow the case primary to make sure I am paying attention to the time that little Caylee gets justice, but also because of the freak factor. Sad, but true.......

My own opinion.

No one has said Casey is unpopular because she is pretty.

Baez does imply she is unpopular in public opinion because of her words, actions & deeds.

No one has said Casey is unpopular because she is pretty.

Baez does imply she is unpopular in public opinion because of her words, actions & deeds.

Well, ah, yeah. The fact that she is attractive makes people say, "What was she thinking?" And her looks draws attention to her for about 5 seconds then reality sets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tabathahoward46