Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read last night (can't find the link again now) that the Red Cross has secretly been working to identify and confirm the hostages. It was just a single line buried in an article - which makes it difficult to find again.

While Hamas has apparently not given the Red Cross access to the hostages, perhaps the Red Cross have gained information about Nutthawaree Munkan and her baby.

imo
BBM. I think if the Red Cross has this information, at a minimum they would have passed the info to the Thai govm't so her family could be notified rather than the PM's wife be notified so she could notify Mrs. Biden.

JMO

BBM. I think if the Red Cross has this information, at a minimum they would have passed the info to the Thai govm't so her family could be notified rather than the PM's wife be notified so she could notify Mrs. Biden.

JMO
I think Americans lead the talks about the hostages/rescue.
So Red Cross might have contacted the Leader first.

And then, Americans could inform the family.

You know, the right professional order of giving info.

JMO

JMO

I have the impression that the Red Cross is telling Israel first.

Spoljaric said she will be meeting with Israel’s foreign minister and health minister and families of the hostages at the Red Cross’s headquarters in Geneva.
“Families of hostages are living through an incredibly heart-wrenching time, and I want to underscore how hard we are advocating on behalf of their loved ones,” Spoljaric’s statement said. “This is a key priority for me, and I know the enormous pain the families are enduring.”

JMO
The International Red Cross is directly involved in the hostages' release. The hostage is not American so there is no reason to notify Mrs. Biden.

JMO

The ICRC stressed that it had persistently been advocating on behalf of the hostages held in Gaza, including through direct contacts with Hamas and with others holding influence over the parties.

"Hostage-taking is prohibited under international humanitarian law. We continue to insist on the hostages' release and are doing everything in our power to gain access to them," Spoljaric said.

"We are deeply concerned that children, the elderly, people with disabilities and other vulnerable people are among those held," she said.

Moo...in defense of the doctors and hospital staff. Do no harm, protect those in need, confidentiality...these are the principles they work by. They are not police or politicians, they care for the wounded, that is their work description...they do not pick sides
iDF said at the beginning it had maps and intelligence of the tunnels. There is no reason to get the doctors involved.

iDF has won this 'war' iDF has aircrafts, tanks, water vessels Hamas does not. And the Palestinian civilians are of no worth it seems to either side.....moo

15min ago

Israeli officials said to deny report of Gaza war pause starting tomorrow morning

Israeli officials have reportedly denied an Egyptian report that a pause in fighting in Gaza is slated to come into effect at 11a.m. as part of an overall hostage release deal.

The report from the Al-Ghad Egyptian news outlet cited a “Hamas source” but did not elaborate on any other terms of the purported deal.

Governmental and military officials have repeatedly told the Israeli public not to believe unverified reports on such deals, stressing that if there is something to report, the public will be updated.
They have cornered the market on propaganda. Moo

The International Red Cross is directly involved in the hostages' release. The hostage is not American so there is no reason to notify Mrs. Biden.

JMO

The ICRC stressed that it had persistently been advocating on behalf of the hostages held in Gaza, including through direct contacts with Hamas and with others holding influence over the parties.

"Hostage-taking is prohibited under international humanitarian law. We continue to insist on the hostages' release and are doing everything in our power to gain access to them," Spoljaric said.

"We are deeply concerned that children, the elderly, people with disabilities and other vulnerable people are among those held," she said.
But it is Mr Blinken who travels to Qatar to talk about the exchange deal, no?

Gaza is a war zone. Transportation through if of any kind is hazardous in the extreme.
If these dangerously ill infants have not already been orphaned, each and every one must have a mother: what arrangement has been concerning the mothers?
The article I posted did not address the babies family. They did say medical staff and THEIR families accompanied the wee ones.

I think they will hold the babies and try to cut a deal for the medical staff family to evacuate. Why else would they load them up, use portable ventilators, travel to two different hospitals, and hook to all new equipment.? Then go through the same thing again, to move to Egypt. Then Egypt has to move them again.

These are high risk preemies. They pitched a fit they were to sick to move and now they're are on a travel tour. Even had a nice photo op with the UN workers, guess they're trying to redeem themselves.

All my opinion .... and I guess y'all figured out I'm pretty distraught over the wee ones. They are innocent.

I wonder if DNA tests have been done for those infants, to confirm if any of them belong to either hostages or Hamas.
ETA
Apologies, this article does not answer your question wrt what is happening in Gaza now, but does show earlier UN DNA procedures, fwiw

rbbm
''The U.N. peacekeepers arrive; months later, some leave infants behind. Now the United Nations has quietly started to offer DNA testing to help prove paternity claims and ensure support for the so-called "peacekeeper babies."

It's a delicate step, as countries that contribute U.N. troops might not welcome a practice that could prove not only fatherhood but wrongdoing. Of the dozen paternity claims received last year, four were associated with alleged sexual abuse of a minor.

The new effort comes a decade after a groundbreaking report on sexual abuse and exploitation by peacekeepers suggested that the U.N. secretary-general be authorized to "require DNA and other tests to establish paternity" so peacekeepers would be pressured to support the children they "father and abandon."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member