Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo....words are complicated. The words that are of importance to you, I understand differently.
"'they are killing us for 40 days ..they offer saline drip"......will people say thank you Hamas..if captives returned, we all good now buddy?? The Dr is in disbelief. iDF is filling the hospital with broken body's...but iDF brought band aids, so all good buddy.???......moo
A saline drip is useless. I'm baffled why doctors need to be "politically impartial." The doctors are dealing with the reality they have been seeing for weeks. It has nothing to do with THEIR politics and everything to do with the PM's politics.

JMO

A saline drip is useless. I'm baffled why doctors need to be "politically impartial." The doctors are dealing with the reality they have been seeing for weeks. It has nothing to do with THEIR politics and everything to do with the PM's politics.

JMO
Saline drip :rolleyes:
When typhoid is imminent.
Not to mention cholera.
:oops:

Moo....words are complicated. The words that are of importance to you, I understand differently.
"'they are killing us for 40 days ..they offer saline drip"......will people say thank you Hamas..if captives returned, we all good now buddy?? The Dr is in disbelief. iDF is filling the hospital with broken body's...but iDF brought band aids, so all good buddy.???......moo

But if a doctor has taken an oath to do no harm, is it okay for him to refuse any aid for his critically ill patients on the grounds that he doesn’t like who the aid is coming from? I don’t think so. And it doesn’t sound like he even knew or cared what aid was being offered by the IDF. When asked if he had received any aid at all, his answer was that he would refuse it, and then he used saline drips as an example. We SAW the IDF providing incubators and many boxes of aid. We HEARD the IDF communicating with doctors to ask what they needed.

Also, his statement that “they are killing us for 40 days” doesn’t make a lot of sense when they had also been being asked to evacuate for 40 days and when the IDF did enter Shifa, it was not with guns blazing. It was with Arabic translators and medics I believe.

This doctor also said that the IDF had found nothing at Shifa and that there were only civilians there. He was quoted uncritically by the MSM from what I saw even though he certainly seemed to have picked a side.

Also regarding the bolded part of your reply- I just really feel that this is a false equivalency. There is a huge difference between taking civilian hostages and carrying out targeted operations to locate the hostages and neutralize the terrorists that took the hostages. MOO.

Last edited:
But if a doctor has taken an oath to do no harm, is it okay for him to refuse any aid for his critically ill patients on the grounds that he doesn’t like who the aid is coming from? I don’t think so. And it doesn’t sound like even knew or cared what aid was being offered by the IDF. When asked if he had received any aid at all, his answer was that he would refuse it, and then he used saline drips as an example. We SAW the IDF providing incubators and many boxes of aid. We HEARD the IDF communicating with doctors to ask what they needed.

Also, his statement that “they are killing us for 40 days” doesn’t make a lot of sense when they had also been being asked to evacuate for 40 days and when they did enter Shifa, it was not with guns blazing. It was with Arabic translators and medics I believe.

This doctor also said that the IDF had found nothing at Shifa and that there were only civilians there. He was quoted uncritically by the MSM from what I saw even though he certainly seemed to have picked a side.

Also regarding the bolded part of your reply- I just really feel that this is a false equivalency. There is a huge difference between taking civilian hostages and carrying out targeted operations to locate the hostages and neutralize the terrorists that took the hostages. MOO.
Why was a hospital being told to evacuate? That is incredibly bizarre. ICU patients are not easily evacuated and that includes premature babies, patients on ventilators, kidney dialysis, needing surgery, needing IV for infections, just to name a few. Where were they supposed to go? Israel had shut off ALL electricity to Gaza.

No government is allowed to do harm to civilians, yet Israel launched air strikes at residential areas, refugee camps, near hospitals, schools, obliterated homes of civilians to the point parents were frantically trying to rescue their children to no avail. Nothing about it is humanitarian and I hope the PM and his inhumane pals are prosecuted to the fullest extent of international law.

It is a fact that thousands of innocent children, mothers, fathers, the elderly have died in Israel's aerial assaults, lack of water, lack of food, lack of sanitation, lack of medical help all the while pretending these are "targeted operations to neutralize terrorists." Yeah, right. <modsnip>

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds as if they have moved the premature babies to Rafah, and things are not good for them. They are going to be moved to Egypt.

In an update on the 31 premature babies evacuated from al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City on Sunday, health officials say they are in “extremely critical condition”.

The newborns had dehydration, hypothermia and sepsis in some cases, said Mohamed Zaqout, the director of Gaza hospitals.

Four other babies died in the two days before the evacuation, Associated Press quoted him as also saying.

The babies from the hospital, where power was cut and supplies ran out while Israeli forces battled Palestinian militants outside, were receiving urgent care in the southern Gaza city of Rafah.

Zaqout said preparations were under way for them to enter Egypt.

Why was a hospital being told to evacuate? That is incredibly bizarre. ICU patients are not easily evacuated and that includes premature babies, patients on ventilators, kidney dialysis, needing surgery, needing IV for infections, just to name a few. Where were they supposed to go? Israel had shut off ALL electricity to Gaza.
Because the IDF had evidence that Hamas was operating out of that hospital. There are many articles linked in this and prior threads that provide evidence that Hamas was indeed operating out of this hospital so this is the last I’ll say on this and I’ll just label it as MOO.

No government is allowed to do harm to civilians, yet Israel launched air strikes at residential areas, refugee camps, near hospitals, schools, obliterated homes of civilians to the point parents were frantically trying to rescue their children to no avail. Nothing about it is humanitarian and I hope the PM and his inhumane pals are prosecuted to the fullest extent of international law.

I’m no expert on international law, but it seems to me like Israel followed an appropriate course of action toward a hospital that is also being used as a military facility. Now if there is evidence that they committed war crimes, by all means that should be investigated and prosecuted as necessary. As should the apparent war crimes of Hamas.

What does humanitarian law say about hospitals?​

The Geneva conventions, adopted in the aftermath of the second world war, form the core of international humanitarian law and “are particularly protective of civilian hospitals”, according to Mathilde Philip-Gay, an expert in international humanitarian law at Lyon 3 University in south-east France.

It is forbidden to turn recognised civilian hospitals into a conflict zone. It is also forbidden to use civilian populations, the sick or the injured as human shields, it is a war crime, as is fighting from inside a hospital.

Article 8 of the Rome statute, which established the international criminal court (ICC) in The Hague, defines a long list of war crimes including “intentionally directing attacks against buildings dedicated to religion, education, art, science or charitable purposes, historic monuments, hospitals and places where the sick and wounded are collected”.

But it makes an exception if the targets are “military objectives”. Philip-Gay said that “if a civilian hospital is used for acts harmful to the enemy, that is the legal term used”, the hospital can lose its protected status under international law and be considered a legitimate target. Nevertheless, if there is doubt as to whether a hospital is a military objective or being used for acts harmful to the enemy, the presumption, under international humanitarian law, is that it is not.”

[…]

What happens if a hospital loses its protected status?​

The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA), says: “Any military operation around or within hospitals must take steps to spare and protect the patients, medical staff, and other civilians. All feasible precautions must be taken, including effective warnings, which consider the ability of patients, medical staff, and other civilians to evacuate safely.”

Philip-Gay said: “The other party must take all precautions to avoid intentionally targeting civilians.” Even if the hospital was used for “acts harmful to the enemy”, Philip-Gay said, the other party “does not have the right to bombard it for two days and completely destroy it”, citing the need under international law for the response to be “proportionate”.

She added that the other party must give advance warning of its response and that evacuation procedures must be put in place for patients and health workers.

Alternatively, they could be asked “to isolate themselves in a part of the hospital”, she said. But during any military operation against the site, “there have to be doctors to take care of the patients”.

Last edited:
It sounds as if they have moved the premature babies to Rafah, and things are not good for them. They are going to be moved to Egypt.

In an update on the 31 premature babies evacuated from al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City on Sunday, health officials say they are in “extremely critical condition”.

The newborns had dehydration, hypothermia and sepsis in some cases, said Mohamed Zaqout, the director of Gaza hospitals.

Four other babies died in the two days before the evacuation, Associated Press quoted him as also saying.

The babies from the hospital, where power was cut and supplies ran out while Israeli forces battled Palestinian militants outside, were receiving urgent care in the southern Gaza city of Rafah.

Zaqout said preparations were under way for them to enter Egypt.

I know. Once sepsis sets in-no matter the age of the patient- that is usually a death sentence. I feel for the babies and their families. It's happened to my family. Horrible.

JMO

Ceasefire the 'best medicine for children of Gaza'

"The best medicine for the children of Gaza now is a ceasefire," Dr Mike Ryan of the World Health Organisation has said.

He told RTÉ's Morning Ireland: "So many children that have lost parents, there are children still held hostage by Hamas.

"This is a tragedy for children on what is World Children's Day.

"My heart breaks for children of Gaza, the children of Israel and children all over the world who have to witness this today."

Speaking about Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City, Dr Ryan said the WHO saw evidence of bomb damage and firing, as well as stressed and exhausted work staff, deeply frightened for patients and their families.

He said that the facility had been put "beyond use" and patients are now going geting the "barest of care" and need to be evacuated as soon as possible.

Many patients are seriously ill and very difficult to move, Dr Ryan said, with many suffering from head injuries, spinal injuries and complicated factors.

He added that 22 patients are on dialysis but the machines are no longer functioning.

Dr Ryan said that over the weekend, very sick babies were stabilised and they are now in a hospital in the south.

He said that babies are being rehydrated, managed for sepsis, and having their bodies warmed as body temperatures were low.

"They are doing okay but a number of them are in critical condition," he added.

IMO just hours after raping, butchering and incinerating 1200+, I doubt Hamas had the compassion to bring people in for treatment. IMO they were just holding them there. General Hagari stated today that Noa Marciano was murdered at the hospital.

According to IDF and Shin Bet intelligence information, Corporal Marciano was injured by an IDF bomb last Thursday that killed the terrorist who was holding her captive at the time.

However, the IDF said that from a preliminary pathological report and from the intelligence of the Shin Bet and the IDF, it appears that Noa’s injury was not life-threatening and that she was murdered by a Hamas terrorist at Shifa Hospital.

Israel has long claimed the hospital - which is the largest in the Palestinian enclave - functions as a command complex for Hamas, with a network of tunnels running deep below used for both ammunition storage and planning.

Palestinian officials at the hospital have denied the claims and insisted the complex is used
solely for medical reasons and in recent days it has become a shelter for refugees.

Bolding mine.
Really ?
Oh come on now.

Tunnels are being used for a medical reason ?
Waaay down there in the dirt and damp with prob. barely working electricity, etc. ?

Did Hamas drag down an MRI machine ?
Rooms for operating ?
Doubtful.

And that bit regarding shelters for refugees.
When the IDF conducted the remotely operated the video camera, did they find refugees down there ?

On a more serious note (Lol), the video at the link gets a good look at the tunnel.
Imo, This was years in the making !
Not days or even months.
Anyone thinking Hamas dug and fortified these tunnels recently is kidding themselves.
Omo.
MOO: That tunnel doesn't look like it's been used for in a while. It also looks like it's been there for a long time. But who knows?? Tune in tomorrow. The saga continues. I'm waiting to see what's behind the blast door. MOO

28 premature babies being moved to Rafah crossing

The Palestine Red Crescent Society has posted to social media to say 28 of the 31 premature babies evacuated from al-Shifa hospital in the north of Gaza are now being taken to the Rafah border crossing.

In the statement, it said:

A few moments ago, the Palestine Red Crescent ambulance teams departed from in front of the Emirati hospital in Rafah to transport 28 premature infants to the Rafah crossing, in preparation for their transfer to receive medical treatment in Egyptian hospitals. This comes in coordination with the World Health Organization and the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
It is not clear at present whether the three other babies will also be moved.

"Israeli officials have warned a "window of legitimacy" for the war to rout Hamas may be closing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper