Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noting: The failure of Hamas to release the mother is contrary to the Ceasefire Agreement terms that are in place.
That is odd that they agreed to her release, produced every one else agreed on- but then did not release her.

One possible explanation is that HAMAS does not have all the hostages. Several smaller groups took part in the attack as well. Participants then included lone wolves and small, improvised wolf packs once HAMAS opened it up to "anybody with a gun".

That is odd that they agreed to her release, produced every one else agreed on- but then did not release her.

One possible explanation is that HAMAS does not have all the hostages. Several smaller groups took part in the attack as well. Participants then included lone wolves and small, improvised wolf packs once HAMAS opened it up to "anybody with a gun".
Did Israel not release the right prisoner, so Hamas withheld one hostage? ... so Israel withheld three prisoners.

What did I read upthread about Hamas wanting those imprisoned the longest released first? Wasn't the agreement to release women and children (16 year old rock throwers), nothing about criminals with long sentences?

Thinking a therapy dog would help the little ones with faraway eyes.
Oh my yes!! I work with a lady that trains service dogs. She gets them as puppies and teaches them manners, some commands, ect...then they go on to further training . It's one of the best perks of my office job.

Nothing like a visit (head on lap) from a lab.

Though I wont be studying them that long, the hostages looked clean, rested, fed and in matching clothes. This could well be because they were given the opportunity to wash themselves before the exchange and could have been given better food as well.

The HAMAS fighters also seemed rested, relaxed and were in clean uniforms with full equipment (limited by formal military standards, but full equipment by their standards). Though very subjective, HAMAS did not seem to be a beaten enemy when making the exchange.

Yep, those Hamas terrorists have brand new headbands and all! Abu-bu must have given them a few of his billions or maybe it was another country?? They are probably so happy to be turning the emotional thumbscrew torture devices on the families of hostages... and, calling for more blood.

I'm hoping that she will be released in the next round of hostage trade. It sounds like she was going to be released today with her daughter but, after Hamas demands for fuel deliveries to Northern Gaza fell through, she was held back alongside 3 prisoners in Israel.
My fear in that is that when Israel announced receipt of the list last night, they stated there were only 13 names on it and that they had 42 prisoners to release (ie: they were expecting 14 names on the list @3/1).

Hamas didn't start wavering until this morning with all the chatter about backing down off the deal. First it was because not enough aid trucks entering Gaza, then it was confirmed that the required 200 DID enter. Then it was "Israel won't let any trucks into the north", then videos and reporters proved that was a lie. Then it was because fuel tankers and cooking fuel weren't allowed, then it was proved that the Ceasefire Agreement specified numbers of fuel and cooking fuel tankers DID enter. Then it was because they didnt get fuel to the north ... which was not part of the agreement and is what Hamas is trying to pull off now.

I worry that something more is up with this 'mom', but really hope my instincts are wrong.

Wasn't the agreement to release women and children (16 year old rock throwers), nothing about criminals with long sentences?
Rock throwers in Israel / Palestine can get up to 20 years in prison. So, there maybe some over lap between rock throwers and those with long sentences.

Though I wont be studying them that long, the hostages looked clean, rested, fed and in matching clothes. This could well be because they were given the opportunity to wash themselves before the exchange and could have been given better food as well.

The HAMAS fighters also seemed rested, relaxed and were in clean uniforms with full equipment (limited by formal military standards, but full equipment by their standards). Though very subjective, HAMAS did not seem to be a beaten enemy when making the exchange.
Not to mention in seemingly good physical state.
They were not dragged or being screamed at.

This is what I saw.

JMO

200 trucks with humanitarian aid were sent to international aid orgs. operating in Gaza through the Rafah Crossing as part of the operational pause, and within the framework for the release of the hostages agreed with the U.S., with the mediation of Qatar and Egypt.The humanitarian aid trucks carried food, water, equipment for shelters and medical supplies.

** Terrorists just love turning those thumbscrews. imo

Thinking a therapy dog would help the little ones with faraway eyes.

Oh my yes!! I work with a lady that trains service dogs. She gets them as puppies and teaches them manners, some commands, ect...then they go on to further training . It's one of the best perks of my office job.

Nothing like a visit (head on lap) from a lab.
The pups have been hard at work since 10/7. There are several service dog organizations that are helping.

(Translated by Google)
Rehabilitation on 4: the dogs that help to rehabilitate the wounded from the war
In recent decades, the field of psychotherapy with the help of animals, especially dogs, has developed greatly. Therapy using dogs is used on normal days to help children who have experienced, among other things, trauma and anxiety. In the current period, the four-legged therapists also enter rehabilitation wards, in order to give the injured and the trauma victims well-being and put a smile on their faces

Mako
| Published 11/19/23 06:23

Rock throwers in Israel / Palestine can get up to 20 years in prison. So, there maybe some over lap between rock throwers and those with long sentences.

Good point. I saw the sling shots used to throw rocks. Looks deadly.

There were pictures somewhere in this thread of the slings they use to "throw" rocks. They are pretty lethal.

Edited to add: lol Otto, we posted at the same time.

Not to mention in seemingly good physical state.
They were not dragged or being screamed at.

This is what I saw.

JMO
I don't agree that they look in good physical state. They look pale, numb, in some cases unemotional. One child has something on her lower left leg that looks like a brace. Did she have that prior to being a hostage? One child was sent immediately to hospital and is in stable condition.

I don't expect hostages to be dragged screaming as they are released.

"Moment 'despairing' British Jew confronts pro-Palestinian supporter holding vile sign calling for Nuremberg trials for Netanyahu, Biden and Sunak - as police arrest just 18 demonstrators on day."

1700968033036.png

Grief and joy.

These are just two of the complex and sometimes opposing emotions Hamas hostages and their families will experience as they emerge from 50 days in captivity in the Gaza Strip, one expert says.

[...]

Sharone Lifschitz, whose mother Yocheved Lifschitz, 85, was released in October, says the family’s recovery will likely be long and complicated.

“My parents’ house, which they lived in for many, many years, is burned to the ground — there’s nothing left of it,” Sharone Lifschitz, whose father and Yocheved’s husband, Oded, is believed to be still held hostage, told NBC News in an interview. “She does not know if her husband is dead or alive.”

[...]

In video produced by Hamas of the moment she was released, Yocheved Lifschitz turned to one of the armed, balaclava-clad militants leading her and another hostage to freedom, and shook the person’s hand. She uttered one word: “shalom,” Hebrew for “peace.”

She later reported being beaten while in captivity.

Yocheved Lifschitz is experiencing a mix of feelings after the horrific experience of being held deep underground, isolated and in darkness, her daughter said.

“The world she’s coming back to is very, very different,” Sharone Lifschitz said of her mother.

[...]

4F2B83C700000578-6072131-image-a-21_1534542037137.jpg

All images must include links, but this article is over 5 years old, so for image reference: Palestinians hurl stones at Israel troops who kill two

More images: Palestinian Sling Shot Images

2m ago
Here’s more on how the hostage and prisoner release agreement between Israel and Hamas briefly risked collapse before Saturday’s releases.

Reuters details how the deal was in danger of derailment earlier in the day after the armed wing of Hamas said it was delaying the scheduled second round of hostage releases until Israel met all truce conditions, including committing to let aid trucks into northern Gaza.

Hamas spokesperson Osama Hamdan said only 65 of 340 aid trucks that had entered Gaza since Friday had reached northern Gaza, which was “less than half of what Israel agreed on”.

The Israel Defence Forces said that inside the Gaza Strip, distribution of the aid was implemented by the United Nations and international organisations.

The UN said 61 trucks of aid were delivered to northern Gaza on Saturday, the largest number since 7 October. They included food, water and emergency medical supplies.

Al-Qassam Brigades, the Hamas armed wing, also said Israel had failed to respect the terms of the Palestinian prisoner releases and that prisoners were not freed based on their time in detention.

A Qatari foreign ministry spokesman, Majed Al-Ansari, said on Saturday that there been “a lot of discussion” on how and whom to prioritise for release, and on the Palestinian side, a key criterion was the length of time spent in Israeli prisons.

He told CNN:

We are now hopeful that with the second or the third day of this pause, we would be able to hash out a lot of these details that made this day so difficult.
Ensuring that the deal did not collapse took a day of high-stakes diplomacy mediated by Qatar and Egypt, a process in which US president Joe Biden also participated by calling the emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.

Announcement from the Prime Minister's Office:

A list of the hostages due to be released today (Sunday, 26 November 2023) in continuation of the outline has been received.

Security officials are checking the list.

On behalf of Coordinator for the Hostages and Missing Brig.-Gen. (Ret.) Gal Hirsch, the information has been conveyed to the hostages' families; we request that the media exercise appropriate caution.

Question? :

Does Reuters ever consider or state in their reporting that hamas is a known Terrorist group? And, not just an "armed wing of hamas" ?

The creative writing ( and denial ) from many MSM is noted.
It's kinda like the "lost" child comment today....

MOO and Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members