Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is pathetic that the families of hostages continue to beg for the safety of their loved ones held in Gaza and the Israeli military refuses to listen. The inhumanity sickens and disgusts me.

JMO

Hamas’ military wing said Thursday that Israeli bombardment has so far killed about 50 of the at least 224 hostages the militants abducted during its Oct. 7 assault. There was no immediate comment from Israeli officials, who have denied previous, similar claims.

Family members and Jewish groups are trying to keep the spotlight on the hostages’ plight. In Paris, 30 empty baby strollers were displayed in front of the Eifel Tower -- each with a photo of one of the children taken from Israel. A day earlier, blindfolded teddy bears with photos of the abducted children were placed in front of a fountain in Tel Aviv.

It is pathetic that the families of hostages continue to beg for the safety of their loved ones held in Gaza and the Israeli military refuses to listen. The inhumanity sickens and disgusts me.

JMO

Hamas’ military wing said Thursday that Israeli bombardment has so far killed about 50 of the at least 224 hostages the militants abducted during its Oct. 7 assault. There was no immediate comment from Israeli officials, who have denied previous, similar claims.

Family members and Jewish groups are trying to keep the spotlight on the hostages’ plight. In Paris, 30 empty baby strollers were displayed in front of the Eifel Tower -- each with a photo of one of the children taken from Israel. A day earlier, blindfolded teddy bears with photos of the abducted children were placed in front of a fountain in Tel Aviv.
Biden's even implied he doesn't believe these folks.

We've yet, to see proof of life, death, even a list from Hamas or UN organization. Just alot of BS. They don't back up anything they say with proof.
MOO

Please….

Report: Qatar to reconsider its relationship with Hamas after hostages freed​

The United States and Qatar have agreed to reevaluate the Gulf monarchy’s relationship with Hamas after Doha completes its role in freeing hostages taken by the terror group during its October 7 massacre in Israel, according to a report in the Washington Post.

The report, citing four diplomats with knowledge of the discussions, claims that it has yet to be decided if the review will include the potential deportation of Hamas’s leaders living in Qatar or other similar measures.

Pure propaganda from unnamed sources. I'll believe it when it happens.

JMO

Moo..so this is basically a religious/cultural war?
So there can be no compromise. Warlords that use religion to hold power over people. Like Northern Ireland the children are raised in a culture of hate and fear. But really a better example would be the Mexican Cartel which is at least honest enough not to use religion..it is just about power and money. Or Haiti where the gangs take control. I cannot feel resentment for the Palestinians because what political party could stand up to Hamas, the Palestinians really have no choice but to accept what cannot be changed. Gangs/terrorists all over the world are getting larger, stronger and more deadly. Even if the bulk of Hamas is terminated some leaders will be left and they will just regroup....moo
IMO, yes, it is essentially religious for Hamas. Other players (Israel, US, Egypt, etc) have other motives.

I don't see a parallel to Mexican cartels: The cartels are happy to co-exist with whomever is in power, they only care about making their enormous profits, which they do at the expense of Americans, not Mexicans. The violence is all targeted towards their competitors.

I do think, for Hamas, this is about extremist religious ideas. A holy, sacred Jihad is a noble cause to die for. So seeking religious martyrdom.

As you note none of this is new, it gets passed along the generations.

The curious reality is that it is usually only very young men who are willing to actually die. At some point, it becomes about persuading other people to sacrifice themselves, rather than volunteering. And the best way to do that is to spark a wave of violence by the persecutors, that wll bring a big batch of fresh recruits.

I see it as being a kind of self-perpetuating cult. No one is deprogramming the members.

JMO

Last edited:
Biden's even implied he doesn't believe these folks.

We've yet, to see proof of life, death, even a list from Hamas or UN organization. Just alot of BS. They don't back up anything they say with proof.
MOO

I know Israel has been engaged in massive, indiscriminate air strikes in Gaza for weeks. The few hostages who have been released said they were held in Gaza. If you think the hostages--that Hamas has said are dead--are going to magically be alive-- that's up to you.

JMO

IMO, yes, it is essentially religious for Hamas. Other players (Israel, US, Egypt, etc) have other motives.

I don't see a parallel to Mexican cartels: The cartels are happy to co-exist with whomever is in power, they only care about making their enormous profits, which they do at the expense of Americans, not Mexicans. The violence is all targeted towards their competitors.

I do think, for Hamas, this is about extremist religious ideas. A holy, sacred Jihad is a noble cause to die for. So seeking religious martyrdom.

As you note none of this is new, it gets passed along the generations.

The curious reality is that it is usually only very young men who are willing to actually die. At some point, it becomes about persuading other people to sacrifice themselves, rather than volunteering. And the best way to do that is to spark a wave of violence by the persecutors, that wll bring a big batch of fresh recruits.

I see it as being a kind of self-perpetuating cult. No one is deprogramming the members.

JMO

And, just to add to your statement:
"No one is deprogramming the members"....because there is money and power coming in with and for them... See Qatar's wealthy land owners and bank accounts.

It's not at all about what is right, or humane to these power hungry miscreants. Follow the money

I know Israel has been engaged in massive, indiscriminate air strikes in Gaza for weeks. The few hostages who have been released said they were held in Gaza. If you think the hostages--that Hamas has said are dead--are going to magically be alive-- that's up to you.

JMO
I'm sure Hamas will kill many of the hostages if Israeli troops enter Gaza and begin taking them out. JMO.

I'm curious about your opinion of what kind of military response Israel should be doing in this conflict?

And, just to add to your statement:
"No one is deprogramming the members"....because there is money and power coming in with and for them... See Qatar's wealthy land owners and bank accounts.

It's not at all about what is right, or humane to these power hungry miscreants. Follow the money
Yes, people who seek or get into positions of power are incredibly manipulative, I never underestimate that. It all depends what they think they can get away with, and what their ultimate goal is. Qatar is an absolute monarchy, I expect what they most fear are democratic ideas.

JMO

I'm sure Hamas will kill many of the hostages if Israeli troops enter Gaza and begin taking them out. JMO.
I don't feel so sure about that. The hostages are a very valuable weapon/bargaining chip to Hamas (the decision-making leadership, not the foot soldiers who follow their orders). I don't believe they'd just kill them, although they might die by being bombed...Terrorists keep hostages for years, because they are so valuable, financially and strategically.

JMO

I don't feel so sure about that. The hostages are a very valuable weapon/bargaining chip to Hamas (the decision-making leadership, not the foot soldiers who follow their orders). I don't believe they'd just kill them, although they might die by being bombed...Terrorists keep hostages for years, because they are so valuable, financially and strategically.

JMO
I think you misunderstood my point. If the Israeli's are about to bust down a door to were hostages are located I believe that the terrorists will kill the hostages. JMO.

I'm curious about your opinion of what kind of military response Israel should be doing in this conflict?
Hamas has released several hostages.

I don't support Israel's indiscriminate air strikes on the areas it knows the hostages are being held.

JMO

Reactions: nao
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members