Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrrrrr... :mad:

The Al-Tanaf Military Base used by the U.S. Forces in Southern Syria near the Border with Iraq and Jordan has reportedly just been Targeted by Iranian-Backed Militias with 2 “Kamikaze” Attack Drones; this is now likely the Fourth Attack on American Troops in Syria within the last 12 Hours.

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Blast at Jabalia refugee camp in Gaza leaves massive wreckage (nbcnews.com)
2h ago / 7:06 PM PDT

Cousin of hostage in Hamas video relieved 'she is alive'

Alana Zeitchik, a cousin of Danielle Aloni, the woman identified as speaking in the newest hostage video released by Hamas, says the family was shocked but also relieved to see her in the video.

“You never expect to see your family member in that condition. But of course there’s a sense of relief to see her alive," Zeitchik said, adding, “She doesn’t look very well, and she’s clearly in distress.”

The IDF confirmed that Hamas is holding six of Zeitchik’s cousins, including Aloni.

10m ago / 8:42 PM PDT

71-year-old American aid worker stuck in Gaza: 'How many more children will find their only peace by dying?'

Ramona Okumura, a 71-year-old retired prosthesis expert and Seattle resident, traveled to Gaza to help children who lost limbs. She's now been stuck in the enclave for more than three weeks.

She says her cohort has around seven days of food left.

“After more than 3 weeks of the thousands of explosions in Rafah, I can’t believe the State department’s advice is to wait in Rafah near the border while all the bombs, missiles and shells from the sea are hitting everywhere in Rafah!” she said.

Okumura, a volunteer with the Palestine Children’s Relief Fund (PCRF) as part of the Gaza Amputee Project, has been waiting for the Rafah border to open, like many other Americans.

Wounded Israeli soldiers were medevaced from the Gaza Strip via UH-60A to Soroka Medical Center in Be'er Sheva.

3 Palestinians have reportedly been Injured following what is claimed to have been an Airstrike on Northern Jenin in the West Bank.

The Israel Defense Force has announced that at least 317 IDF Soldiers have been Killed since the beginning of the War on October 7th, making this now the Deadliest Conflict for the Israeli Military since the First Lebanon War between 1982-1985 during which the IDF Lost roughly 657 Servicemen.
https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1719557207006527704

South of the Gaza City, Israeli troops are reportedly still trying to cut off Gaza’s main highway and the parallel road along the Mediterranean coast, according to Dawood Shehab, a spokesperson for Islamic Jihad, a smaller militant group allied with Hamas.
There are two routes from North Gaza to South of the Wadi Gaza. I'm still looking at maps - trying to understand the bigger picture. Is the Wadi (River) Gaza the same as Wadi Salqa?
link

It is true that there was something like a car bomb in one of the early convoys from Gaza City to South of the river. Hamas immediately released a statement blaming an Israeli missile, evidence proved otherwise. Most reports are that Hamas is preventing civilians from moving South. Red is the two routes, black might be Gaza River. Route is Gaza City to Jabalia, where tunnels were torpedoed and structures collapsed.

The linked article seems to state that Israeli troops are cutting people off from heading South of the Gaza River. That doesn't make sense. They have asked civilians to go South. Or, does this mean that Israeli troops are cutting Gaza in half. Civilians in the South, Hamas in the North, and it's more difficult to travel?

After the evacuation of 96 patients from Gaza to Sanai, that should open the discussion to transfer patients from the big hospital in Gaza City to a safer location during the elimination of Hamas. If Hamas continues to prevent evacuation of the hospital, will sympathizers around the world come to their sense and recognize Hamas as ISIS?

Attachments

• 1698810030150.png
    1698810030150.png
    355.4 KB · Views: 5
@otto, there are a couple of maps here you might want to see. CNN won't let me copy them here.

October 31, 2023 - Israel-Hamas war (cnn.com)
25 min ago

Here's what we know about Israel's ongoing military ground operation in Gaza​

Drawing on videos and photos from open and official sources, as well as reporting from CNN teams on the ground, it appears as though Israeli forces crossed the border in three main locations.

The first is in the northwest corner of the strip. A video released by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) on Saturday morning showed bulldozers pushing through sand very close to the seashore. A breach in the perimeter fence, through which Israeli vehicles appeared to have entered Gaza, is clearly visible.

But there is also evidence of Israeli forces close to the sea further south from this location.

On Sunday a video circulated showed Israeli soldiers waving a flag from the roof of a resort hotel, geolocated by CNN to Atatra, which lies about two miles south of the perimeter fence.

On Tuesday, photos released by the Israeli army showed soldiers even deeper into the Strip, just to the north of the Al-Shati, or Beach, refugee camp, which would put them only three miles or so from the centre of Gaza City.

A second point at which Israeli forces appear to have entered Gaza is from the northeastern corner of the Strip near the town of Beit Hanoun, according to footage and satellite imagery. Video distributed by the Israeli army and geolocated by CNN shows dozens of soldiers advancing on foot across sandy terrain and, in a different clip, a bulldozer pushing through sandy soil to create a lane free from IEDs (improvised explosive devices).

Videos show deserted buildings that have sustained massive damage from Israeli aerial and artillery strikes ahead of the ground operation. There is no visible presence in the footage of civilians or Hamas militants, indicating people had fled or withdrawn before the Israeli military arrived. Even so, a CNN team just a mile or so away on the Israeli side of the border reported hearing sporadic machine gun fire, and on Tuesday morning multiple explosions from the same direction.

The CNN team reported the number of Israeli military vehicles inside the perimeter appears to be increasing, as the IDF appears to have expanded the ground operation once again.

Finally, another piece of video evidence, which surfaced on Monday, points to a possible third entry point about 10 miles (about 16 kilometers) to the south, along the eastern perimeter. The video, filmed by freelance Palestinian journalist Yousif Al Saifi, showed an Israeli tank opening fire on a car on the main Salah Al Din road, which runs the length of the Strip.

The video was geolocated by CNN to just south of the Netzarim junction, named after a former Israeli settlement, and likely regarded by Israel as a strategic location to hold by if it wants to divide the northern part of Gaza from the south.

Read more about Israel's ground operation in Gaza.

''10m ago04.15 GMT
A little more detail on the internet and phone networks being cut off in Gaza, via AFP.

Internet and phone networks were down across the Gaza Strip on Wednesday, the Palestinian telecommunications agency said, in the second such blackout in GAza in less than a week.

“To our good people in the beloved country, we are sorry to announce that communications and internet services have been completely cut off in Gaza,” the Palestine Telecommunications Company (Paltel) said on X.

Internet and the phone network were completely cut last week, but were restored at the weekend.

The government of Palestinian militant group Hamas had at the time accused Israel of causing the shutdown in order to “perpetrate massacres” in the Gaza Strip.

Palestinian telecoms provider Jawwal had blamed Israel‘s “heavy bombardment” of the territory for the blackout.''

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war, crisis in Gaza, Bolivia cuts Israel ties (cnn.com)
31 min ago

Dozens of humanitarian aid trucks crossed into Gaza, officials say​

[...]

The Palestine Red Crescent Society said Tuesday evening it received 59 trucks. By late Tuesday evening, 70 trucks had entered the strip, the spokesperson for Israel’s Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) said in a statement.

The shipments include “only water, food, and medical equipment," according to the COGAT spokesperson.

The decision was made “at the request of the US Administration, and in accordance with instructions from the political echelon” the statement said.

“The transfer, the source, and the destination of the aid are monitored by Israel,” the COGAT statement read. “Any other attempt to provide supplies, not coordinated with and approved by Israel, will be blocked.”

The Palestine Red Crescent Society said it has received a total of 217 trucks so far, but fuel has not been allowed to enter Gaza yet.

The internment of Japanese in Canada under the guise of the War Measures Act during WW2 (until 1949) was the basis of my research paper during my CAF ILP (Intermediate Leadership Program) as a Warrant Officer many years ago. We held over 90% of the Japanese Canadian population in these camps at the time - entire families.

Interesting to note that the United States also did similar with 70+ Internment Camps holding over 100K japanese Americans.

Fear was of an uprising of a "5th Column" - an uprising from within this population within the US and Canada to undermine Allied War efforts as war was already raging in Europe, Africa, Asia and the near, far and mid-east which led to combined paranoia of 'sabotage from within' here in North America. Prime Minister Mulroney restored Canadian citizenship to all those, and their descendents who had been deported and made repartions on behalf of Canada to those who were interred.

There are some parallels with how Israel is probably feeling about the risk 'from within' ... and with the neighbouring Arabic nations as well given their hesitantcy to allow passage through the border of internationals and dual-citizens. They also have actual experience with Palestinian refugees already within their nations causing issues with their national governments and local populations.

At some point, those actions and the future risks are going to have to be acknowledged and a future path figured out to mitigate the risks posed by a population that supported a Hamas Government running the Gaza at 57% favourability rating as recently as July 2023. The survey's have been posted into the thread a few times already, but I can go look for them again if you wish.

No one wants to risk that (that being 'more of the same') in their own back yards.
One of the Japanese iternment camps in California is about 2 hours from me. You can do a walking tour there. It's so sad to think about.....

@otto, there are a couple of maps here you might want to see. CNN won't let me copy them here.

October 31, 2023 - Israel-Hamas war (cnn.com)
25 min ago

Here's what we know about Israel's ongoing military ground operation in Gaza​

Drawing on videos and photos from open and official sources, as well as reporting from CNN teams on the ground, it appears as though Israeli forces crossed the border in three main locations.

The first is in the northwest corner of the strip. A video released by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) on Saturday morning showed bulldozers pushing through sand very close to the seashore. A breach in the perimeter fence, through which Israeli vehicles appeared to have entered Gaza, is clearly visible.

But there is also evidence of Israeli forces close to the sea further south from this location.

On Sunday a video circulated showed Israeli soldiers waving a flag from the roof of a resort hotel, geolocated by CNN to Atatra, which lies about two miles south of the perimeter fence.

On Tuesday, photos released by the Israeli army showed soldiers even deeper into the Strip, just to the north of the Al-Shati, or Beach, refugee camp, which would put them only three miles or so from the centre of Gaza City.

A second point at which Israeli forces appear to have entered Gaza is from the northeastern corner of the Strip near the town of Beit Hanoun, according to footage and satellite imagery. Video distributed by the Israeli army and geolocated by CNN shows dozens of soldiers advancing on foot across sandy terrain and, in a different clip, a bulldozer pushing through sandy soil to create a lane free from IEDs (improvised explosive devices).

Videos show deserted buildings that have sustained massive damage from Israeli aerial and artillery strikes ahead of the ground operation. There is no visible presence in the footage of civilians or Hamas militants, indicating people had fled or withdrawn before the Israeli military arrived. Even so, a CNN team just a mile or so away on the Israeli side of the border reported hearing sporadic machine gun fire, and on Tuesday morning multiple explosions from the same direction.

The CNN team reported the number of Israeli military vehicles inside the perimeter appears to be increasing, as the IDF appears to have expanded the ground operation once again.

Finally, another piece of video evidence, which surfaced on Monday, points to a possible third entry point about 10 miles (about 16 kilometers) to the south, along the eastern perimeter. The video, filmed by freelance Palestinian journalist Yousif Al Saifi, showed an Israeli tank opening fire on a car on the main Salah Al Din road, which runs the length of the Strip.

The video was geolocated by CNN to just south of the Netzarim junction, named after a former Israeli settlement, and likely regarded by Israel as a strategic location to hold by if it wants to divide the northern part of Gaza from the south.

Read more about Israel's ground operation in Gaza.
Thank you! There's nothing like CNN sharing satellite info with the enemy.
CNN

Attachments

• 1698812767092.png
    1698812767092.png
    381.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 1698813403199.png
    1698813403199.png
    379.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
1hr ago

Biden to Jordan king: ‘Critical to ensure Palestinians aren’t forcibly displaced outside Gaza’

The White House says that US President Joe Biden spoke Tuesday with the leader of key US partner Jordan, where US Secretary of State Blinken has visited multiple times since Hamas launched its October 7 attack on Israel.

Biden and King Abdullah II “discussed urgent mechanisms to stem violence, calm rhetoric, and reduce regional tensions,” a White House statement says.

It adds that the two leaders “agreed that it is critical to ensure that Palestinians are not forcibly displaced outside of Gaza” and that Biden had “confirmed unwavering US support for Jordan and His Majesty’s leadership.”

11min ago

IDF announces another 9 soldiers killed fighting in northern Gaza

The Israel Defense Forces announces the deaths of another nine soldiers killed fighting in northern Gaza against Hamas terrorists.

The soldiers are named as Lt. Ariel Reich, 24, from Jerusalem; Cpl. Asif Luger, 21, from Yagur; Sgt. Adi Danan, from Yavne; Staff Sgt. Halel Solomon, 20, from Dimona; Staff Sgt. Erez Mishlovsky, 20, from Oranit; Staff Sgt. Adi Leon, 20, from Nili; Cpl. Ido Ovadia, 19, from Tel Aviv; Cpl. Lior Siminovich, 19, from Herzliya; and Staff Sgt. Roei Dawi, 20, from Jerusalem.

A statement from the military adds that two other infantry soldiers were seriously wounded yesterday in Gaza.

I don't know how good the US is with regards to hostages.
Seriously, our track record isn't all that good.

Thanks. I always think of the Iran hostages, then the Lebanon hostages. (40 years ago)

Also, our domestic kidnappings almost always end in failure, but I think it's because our kidnappings usually involve rape and murder (hence there is no real bargaining)

But this is encouraging!

I thought I'd do one last Hamas search before I fall asleep. Marzook did business with his wife's cousins here in the US, and at least one of the cousins was sentenced to 65 years in prison so I thought I'd see if he got an early release (or something). Well, no early release. He won't be out until 06/24/2068, and wouldn't ya' know... he's in a prison in my state. :mad: Rumor has it he does Yoga daily.

I thought I'd do one last Hamas search before I fall asleep. Marzook did business with his wife's cousins here in the US, and at least one of the cousins was sentenced to 65 years in prison so I thought I'd see if he got an early release (or something). Well, no early release. He won't be out until 06/24/2068, and wouldn't ya' know... he's in a prison in my state. :mad: Rumor has it he does Yoga daily.
Osama bin Laden's brother crashed a plane not far from my house! This was b4 OBL was famous. It was an ultralight. Salem bin Laden - Wikipedia.

Osama bin Laden's brother crashed a plane not far from my house! This was b4 OBL was famous. It was an ultralight. Salem bin Laden - Wikipedia.
911 was a plane crash not far from my house, a little far, and no one said "call a ceasefire with the people who murdered civilians at work." The people who were killed on 9/11 were at work, the people who were killed on October 7 were at home. ISIS.

Purportedly educated people today, at universities like Harvard, are advocating for and supporting their peers in Gaza, where they educate their children to rape, mutilate, and behead babies when they grow up.

Islam does not allow for the murder of babies, ISIS does. It almost sounds like Hamas Government Militants were raised in the mosque and then told they could let loose all the anger they had been taught since early childhood against Israel with drugs on October 7, 2023.

We have heard more than once from captured Hamas government militants - they were told that they should let loose, murder anyone who practices Judaism, cut off their limbs - even if they are toddlers, chop off their heads, rape dead bodies, rape children to death by breaking the pelvises.

That's a lot of unbelievable brutality to not look at in order to support Hamas Government in Gaza.

911 was a plane crash not far from my house, a little far, and no one said "call a ceasefire with the people who murdered civilians at work." The people who were killed on 9/11 were at work, the people who were killed on October 7 were at home. ISIS.

Purportedly educated people today, at universities like Harvard, are advocating for and supporting their peers in Gaza, where they educate their children to rape, mutilate, and behead babies when they grow up.

Islam does not allow for the murder of babies, ISIS does. It almost sounds like Hamas Government Militants were raised in the mosque and then told they could let loose all the anger they had been taught since early childhood against Israel with drugs on October 7, 2023.

We have heard more than once from captured Hamas government militants - they were told that they should let loose, murder anyone who practices Judaism, cut off their limbs - even if they are toddlers, chop off their heads, rape dead bodies, rape children to death by breaking the pelvises.

That's a lot of unbelievable brutality to not look at in order to support Hamas Government in Gaza.
During WWI, the Turks apparently murdered babies and ripped out fetuses of pregnant women. (At least according to my grandmother) But this story gets repeated every generation and I'm beginning to wonder if it's Christian lore handed down or just the stress of war. ( They did murder family members, but they murdered mostly men)

After 911, there really wasn't "a war". There was a fact finding mission. After a few weeks, the CIA and a few troops went to Afghanistan to hunt OBL. Not much happened. You would see a few pictures of people in the mountains of Afghanistan and that was about it. It was boring to watch.

In this case, bombing started the next day and it was bombing right there for the world to see. This very crowded war is being played out on SM. Not only are we watching bombings, we're seeing graphic images of civilians who are severely injured or dead.

It remains me a bit of the invasion of Iraq. But by then, Americans weren't really angry or fearful like after 9/11. There were huge anti-war protests. I was against it. Nevertheless, everyone watched the invasion of Iraq on CNN. Glued to our TV for weeks. We watched our tanks roll in. We watched the fighting. We watched Saddam's statue pulled down. We successfully invaded Iraq in a month. (Turn the TV off). A few months later, everything went south and was painful to watch.

Last edited:
The Hamas Government underground tunnels that collapsed today in Jabalia, Northern Gaza are close to Mosques, a school, medical clinic and clean water station. Looks like Gaza is being split in two by Israeli tanks searching for Hamas in the North first.
PBS
PBS

Attachments

• 1698821832727.png
    1698821832727.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 1698822569462.png
    1698822569462.png
    615.3 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online