Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes no sense - why wouldn't a person just turn around, walk back downhill and end up back at the house where they'd started, beg for some sustenance and water and charge phone, call for a taxi?
It wont be the first time and certainly wont be the last. I think we have all probably found ourselves in situations where we look back and thought-why the heck didnt I...I know for me, sometimes I even have "premonitions" Don't pay attention to them, and then kick myself later when what i'd envisioned, happens.

And one of the other seven was a relative of Jays- Isabelle, according to this article (I believe the relative is the female in the Snapchat video). ETA I misread the previous article thanks for correcting me Miss_french, we don’t know there was 7, but there was more than just Brad and Lucy.
So we dont even know the correct no of people Jay travelled with...eesh!

I just wonder why Jay didn't go back into the air bnb when he found out there would be a bus at 10am and ask one of these 2 men to alert Lucy that he was OK and would be back on the bus. Or why didn't one of the men drive him back knowing how far it was from his accommodation. It just seems Jay didn't want to go back into that house and wanted to get away from there as quickly as possible. The reason why he may have left the road could be that he was concerned the men might come looking for him in their car.
I'm sure the woman said he asked twice about the bus timings because he didnt seem to understand her. Its possible he left thinking the bus was in 10 hours? Or that 1.5hrs was too long to wait. Or he just didn't understand anything she said at all.

Maybe they were being responsible. Maybe because they are older, they were trying to look after him. Rather than leaving him to wander around the dangerous steets after the rave - since all his friends had left and he may have had no idea where he was staying.

<modsnip: Unnecessary questioning of another member's opinion>

JMO
If only they had been responsible enough to insist he not wander, on foot, in those surroundings where there are no pavements and no place to actually walk on foot safely besides the trails. "Safely"

Really helpful to see these two pictures side by side.

I think the person with the cigarette (presumably Jay) was leaning over the parapet of the sun terrace above the door.

The person (or people) dressed/wrapped/covered in the orange thing is/are standing or sitting on the steps.

It explains the different proportions (large hand compared with petite feet imo).

So perhaps there was someone else at that house as well as Jay and the two men he supposedly went there with - perhaps someone female.

JMOO

ETA pics
The steps, ground and railing appear too close in the pic for this IMO

Regarding him going off the road. Its really not that strange. I think maybe some people are used to different roads and surroundings. These are narrow 2 way roads and people can drive like real Hole A's on them. They can be fun to drive as they're also newer roads. All it takes is for one car to zoom past, and yes there a high possibility you will be hit due to the bends, and drivers sure as hell not expecting someone to be WALKING them, there is NO pavement, and thats enough to get you off the road and look for an alternative route.
And that is IF you are crazy enough to even think, oh let me walk this road. You are LITERALLY near walking on the middle of the road, there is no side or edge to it.

Regarding hanging out with older/younger folk. Not unusual. I've always like the company of older people and probably more drawn to them than folk my age-who until I reached my 30s always felt they had nothing to teach me lol.
Older people can be young at heart. And lets not forget this was a rave after all. Self explanatory.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,
This thread is closing for tonight. We will open the thread in the morning.
Due to the amount of alerts that came in overnights on Jay's discussion we are closing the thread overnight. We will revisit leaving it open 24 hours in the future.
Tricia

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_5992.jpeg
    IMG_5992.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 44
The footage is useless - there’s not much point in having a CCTV camera if the footage is that grainy and blurred

If that is him (I’m sure the police are trying to get better footage from near the area to confirm) then he’s got further than they thought they’ll have to rethink the search area

The footage is useless - there’s not much point in having a CCTV camera if the footage is that grainy and blurred

If that is him (I’m sure the police are trying to get better footage from near the area to confirm) then he’s got further than they thought they’ll have to rethink the search area

Hmmm...
The person on cctv seems to wear dark coloured shoes.
While Jay's were reported white?

But it it too blurry to be sure.

He told GB News: "His behaviour wasn't entirely predictable. He wanted to get a bus back to the south, and yet he was seen walking away from the village in the opposite direction after stopping a neighbour to ask for the bus timetables.

In praise of the Spanish police, Couzens said despite not issuing a public appeal like the British authorities would, they are "quietly working away" and are "focused on the work they're doing".

Couzens added: "It's a very emotionally charged situation, but I think the Spanish police are handling it well, albeit in a very different manner to the way the British police would.

"They're quietly working away in the background and focused, as they told me this morning when I just spoke to them, totally, 100 per cent focused on the work they're doing

He told GB News: "His behaviour wasn't entirely predictable. He wanted to get a bus back to the south, and yet he was seen walking away from the village in the opposite direction after stopping a neighbour to ask for the bus timetables.

In praise of the Spanish police, Couzens said despite not issuing a public appeal like the British authorities would, they are "quietly working away" and are "focused on the work they're doing".

Couzens added: "It's a very emotionally charged situation, but I think the Spanish police are handling it well, albeit in a very different manner to the way the British police would.

"They're quietly working away in the background and focused, as they told me this morning when I just spoke to them, totally, 100 per cent focused on the work they're doing
At least one news channel isn’t trying to alienate the Spanish police more- although they also will only have one official answer to are you doing your job and they don’t need a press spokesperson to know the response to be given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member