JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first, when watching the video of HG catching JM's attention and him following her, my thought was he saw she was intoxicated and was trying to score. I did think he killed her when she refused his advances but I wasn't convinced he set out to harm her. This changes everything. I get sick when I watch it now because now I know when he started following her, he planned to kill her. So sad for the Graham's, relieved for the Harrington's, and happy this is off the streets and can no longer claim any new victims.

I just got home from work and saw the update. I don't know how to even express my feelings right now! I want to be happy that a link was made but I can't feel happy when the families of the victims, and then victims themselves, have had their hearts broken.

Wasn't MH wandering around just like HG was? Was it ever revealed if MH had taken any drugs with her friends that night? Or, was she drinking? Seems both girls took off alone and were "ditched" by their friends....I'll never understand that part. So sad

Posted in one of Hannah's threads on Sept. 24th:

eddy said:
http://s25.postimg.org/q4cczco9b/image.jpg

Don't know if this pic has already been posted.

My reply:

DocBrew said:
The nose is quite distinct and similar. I'd imagine it was so distinct that the rape/assault victim recalled it vividly. My bet is that that part of the sketch, at the very least, is accurate. Not saying it is the same person, of course, but that nose is very, very close to our POI here.

So glad this monster is off the streets.

I know some here have expressed their dislike of Daily mail but found this interesting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Jesse-Matthew-coped-raped-murdered-2009.html

snipped
Speaking to MailOnline the source said: ‘After Morgan disappeared LJ [Matthew] started growing his hair and shaved off his beard.
‘I mentioned to him that he looked like the man in the sketch [of a suspect issued by police following Morgan’s disappearance].
‘It was the spitting image of him.
‘He didn’t reply, he just said “oh”, which was unusual. He normally always had something to say.
‘Even friends from elementary school said he looked like the man in the sketch.
‘At the time when the incident happened he had a beard and short hair. And he was a lot darker then.
‘But he grew his hair out and shaved his beard off.
‘He had his hair twisted. And then he grew it out into dreads and he wore it in a pony tail.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-coped-raped-murdered-2009.html#ixzz3Ek1Jz159
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

snipped

The 20-year-old was last seen trying to hitch a lift, according to Virginia State Police.
Matthew was working as a taxi driver at the time of Morgan’s disappearance and would offer lifts for free to girls, according to a source with detailed knowledge of his past.
The source told MailOnline: ‘LJ got in trouble with work because he would pull up in his cab alongside girls walking along and he would ask random girls.
‘He would say; “hey do you want a ride. I’ll take you wherever you want to go for free”.
‘One time he tried to follow one girl into her home.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-coped-raped-murdered-2009.html#ixzz3Ek1diLyI

I just got home from work and saw the update. I don't know how to even express my feelings right now! I want to be happy that a link was made but I can't feel happy when the families of the victims, and then victims themselves, have had their hearts broken.

I'm with you MzOpinion! I stepped away from the forum since Saturday and when I just heard that a DNA link had been made I didn't know whether to feel a sense of relief or a black cloud of dread. My prayers are with both families and please, please lets find Hannah now!

Wasn't MH wandering around just like HG was? Was it ever revealed if MH had taken any drugs with her friends that night? Or, was she drinking? Seems both girls took off alone and were "ditched" by their friends....I'll never understand that part. So sad

Were MH and HG just wandering around alone? Or were both of them trying to meet someone?

wow thats a really terrible thing for you to say would you care to support that statement. I've follow the MH case from the very beginning and have never seen any suggestion of anything that would justify feeling that way.

indeed, Le Singe, I was taken aback by that statement!

Since VA is a DP state, I hope he pleas for LWP and tells LE where HG is. Prayers for Morgan's family.

I cannot think of any realistic scenario where Hannah would be alive. This guy is not going to leave witnesses, not if he has already killed once (MH) and possibly others. It has been far too long for her to survive without an accomplice, and Imo, this guy does not fit any kind of profile that would include one. He is not going to "sell" her or pass her on to someone else. He is very secretive, keeps his criminal acts separate from his daily life and until now had not been linked to any major confirmed crimes involving women.
All jmo but no way he has a "partner".

I know some here have expressed their dislike of Daily mail but found this interesting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Jesse-Matthew-coped-raped-murdered-2009.html

snipped
Speaking to MailOnline the source said: ‘After Morgan disappeared LJ [Matthew] started growing his hair and shaved off his beard.
‘I mentioned to him that he looked like the man in the sketch [of a suspect issued by police following Morgan’s disappearance].
‘It was the spitting image of him.
‘He didn’t reply, he just said “oh”, which was unusual. He normally always had something to say.
‘Even friends from elementary school said he looked like the man in the sketch.
‘At the time when the incident happened he had a beard and short hair. And he was a lot darker then.
‘But he grew his hair out and shaved his beard off.
‘He had his hair twisted. And then he
grew it out into dreads and he wore it in a pony tail.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-coped-raped-murdered-2009.html#ixzz3Ek1Jz159

snipped

The 20-year-old was last seen trying to hitch a lift, according to Virginia State Police.
Matthew was working as a taxi driver at the time of Morgan’s disappearance and would offer lifts for free to girls, according to a source with detailed knowledge of his past.
The source told MailOnline: ‘LJ got in trouble with work because he would pull up in his cab alongside girls walking along and he would ask random girls.
‘He would say; “hey do you want a ride. I’ll take you wherever you want to go for free”.
‘One time he tried to follow one girl into her home.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-coped-raped-murdered-2009.html#ixzz3Ek1diLyI

BBM

Yet no one ever said a word. Or did they? This is chilling.

When MH's body was found, I remember reading that the killer had to be familiar with the area...and was probably local. It was an isolated area on a 700+ acre farm. It's chilling that he lived near the area at any time. So wishing someone had figured this man out long before they did...gentle giant that he is.

" ...... a source with detailed knowledge of Matthew’s background alerted MailOnline to a likely link with Morgan’s disappearance as soon as he was charged with Hannah Graham’s abduction. Speaking to MailOnline the source said: ‘After Morgan disappeared LJ [Matthew] started growing his hair and shaved off his beard. I mentioned to him that he looked like the man in the sketch [of a suspect issued by police following Morgan’s disappearance]. It was the spitting image of him. He didn’t reply, he just said “oh”, which was unusual. He normally always had something to say. Even friends from elementary school said he looked like the man in the sketch. At the time when the incident happened he had a beard and short hair. And he was a lot darker then.But he grew his hair out and shaved his beard off. He had his hair twisted. And then he grew it out into dreads and he wore it in a pony tail."

EDIT sorry just seen someone had already posted this...

Is it possible LE had a good idea about JM from past cases, but no evidence/probable cause to go after him?

Just that some of the words Gill Harrington uses gives me this feeling.

BBM

Yet no one ever said a word. Or did they? This is chilling.
Very interesting. Surely the cab angle was checked out by police at the time of Morgans disappearance. Seems like that would have been a given. He seems to hide in plain sight like Gil Harrington said. Well known in community, for good and for bad. It's all just so....weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay