JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a fascinating book by Ted Bundy's longtime girlfriend I recently read. I highly recommend it if you want the perspective from a loved one who is clueless due to the SK's ability to be totally different people. It's called "The Phantom Prince: My Life With Ted Bundy" by Elizabeth Kendall. Very engrossing and illuminating. I was horrified to find myself charmed by Bundy and had to keep reminding myself of what he did.

Robert Ressler's book about he and Bundy "solving" the Gary Ridgeway murders is also illuminating. In commenting on Ridgeway, Bundy reveals a lot about himself and SKs in general. One of the interesting things about this book was Bundy's shame about his necrophilia.

For those of you like myself interested in the psychological aspects I highly recommend both of these books.

Someone posted this link a while back, too: Serial Murderers and Their Victims by Eric W. Hickey http://static.freelibr.org/fiction/Eric W Hickey - Serial Murders and Their Victims (5e) (pdf).pdf

There are some fascinating things in there including a section on personality disorders and "Observations of a Male Serial Murder" which is an interview with one and how he chose victims, etc. (p. 109).

I've never heard of an SK diagnosed with DID, but I've never researched it either.

But there is a huge difference between "leading a double life" to allow you to get away with things like this because you are a sociopath and having DID. DID is a devastating disorder.

Having DID would likely make it even harder to be a SK. You literally would have no memory of what happened for those hours while you were committing those crimes. That, to me, would be a frightening thing I would discuss with someone. Especially if random items (trophies) started showing up at my house or I found myself in different clothing or dirty clothing, my mileage on my car inexplicably higher than it should be, for example.

This guy was not A serial killer ,but he was a serial rapist.
I read the book 10 years ago but it stuck with me .

I just link wikki,but there are other articles and info .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Milligan

Someone posted this link a while back, too: Serial Murderers and Their Victims by Eric W. Hickey http://static.freelibr.org/fiction/Eric W Hickey - Serial Murders and Their Victims (5e) (pdf).pdf

There are some fascinating things in there including a section on personality disorders and "Observations of a Male Serial Murder" which is an interview with one and how he chose victims, etc. (p. 109).

Yes, I did read that section and it was fascinating. I had to keep reminding myself he was discussing horrid things rather than, say, drug addiction. I've got it saved to read fully when I have more time.

Found in an abandoned structure....maybe good for preservation and evidence. JMO

I don't know what "we" know about him.

But I know what I know about him.

He is an aberration,

Thank goodness he was found. I sure wonder how many he is responsbile for

He is an aberration,

I am sure this has been mentioned, but I believe he was kicked out of University for a sexual assault. I would imagine that pushed him to a place where he wanted to take it out on young women, especially college students.

I am a Liberty Alum and I lived in Lynchburg for years. I recently graduated and did not attend during the time of Cassandra Morton or LJ. However, I do know that there is this huge "rumor" (more of a legend) that there is a gang rape week or this week in October that all of us are told to stay in close range of the campus and if you do venture anywhere, go in groups and be vigilant. I never questioned it I always tried to stay with groups when out anyway, however there are always lapses of judgement. Most of the girls from the list of LJ's victims and suspected victims seem to be bright girls with loving families and were probably warned to be vigilant and leery of strangers. I honestly cannot say I would have not gotten into a cab when I was lost and scared in the dark. I also probably would have been scared to be lost in the downtown mall and if I had any sort of alcohol in my system just enough to make me not be able to think clearly. To get to a point, one time at a local charlottesville restaurant I was talking to a fellow college student about the Legend and a UVA student overheard and mentioned they had a similar legend but instead of a week it was a month. It was so strange for it to be in the fall and it was said to come about because there were a lot of missing persons and rape reports during the Sept-Oct timeframe. Seeing this all come alive makes me so thankful that I wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time because honestly this isn't about common sense, but about needing help and having a dedicated and smart killer in the right place.

I am sure this has been mentioned, but I believe he was kicked out of University for a sexual assault. I would imagine that pushed him to a place where he wanted to take it out on young women, especially college students.

True, but committing a sex assault in the first place, already demonstrated his aggression towards females, imo.

Also, Liberty has this thing called "in university punishment" or you can press charges. I don't know if this existed at this time, but basically when something like rape or sexual assault happens on campus and the victim chooses to not to press charges due to a lack of evidence or what have you, then the student files an academic complaint and it is really just if the offender comes near the victim again (there are obviously more specific details) then the offender (depending on the encounter) is punished in an extreme fashion, either given reprimands i.e. warnings that are similar to traffic tickets and fines or discharged from school. If I were the victim and I had to choose not to file for whatever reason I would have chosen the academic warning route and this could be why LJ was expelled or otherwise discharged from school.

He is an aberration,

I know he's a serial rapist and murderer.

<modsnip>

Oh, regarding this post, the abduction charge, what is reported in the press as "voluminous evidence" from his car for that charge with placing sweet young intelligent missing Hannah Graham in it, may be pretty solid. Spicer2000, who do you think would know the most about where he may have taken her, if you had to guess? Could you be more clear if you're here to help or to defend him? I can't really tell. And if you're trying to cast doubt on some other person who may have led him to raping and murdering women, then you may have a person in mind. Who would that be?

Did the alleged girlfriend that you say wants to be left alone, does she suspect him of being capable of this? Was she abused by him? Is that why they broke up? Was she, as a tad derogatorily described in press a "live-in" for 4 1/2 years as mentioned? Until you're verified, what you say won't be credible, granted, but still these are things that are important to know about the suspect.

I hope if she exists, I hope she chooses to share the information through you at least. Thanks again. This is a difficult situation for all. If you're for real then especially for people like you, but realize this is a victim friendly forum, and you will wear out out patience with evasion and defensive tactics. The truth usually speaks for itself. If you feel like you're being attacked by others (not I, who appreciates your input and am trying to put it in context), it is for that reason. As others' say it is the wrong thing to do.

Sorry for my delay in response - work unfortunately got in the way of me being able to constantly be on here.

I apologize if you feel I've been evading questions or going on the defensive. I have no dog in this fight and am, for all intents and purposes, a bystander interested in seeing what evidence links JM to HG, MH, and others. My professional training also lends me to being extremely interested in how media, LE, and the general public affirms, reaffirms, or ignores Constitutional rights and due process -- to which, until found guilty, JM is entitled. The problem, of course, is that we don't have the full picture, so it's very difficult to come up with a personal decision one way or the other.

I am sorry you took it that I am not supporting the victim(s) here. That was never my intention. My intention was to put some rumors to rest that I knew to be absolutely untrue (i.e., that his girlfriend was a figment of his imagination) in order to help you all in effectively going forward.

As for answering your questions, I have no one in mind for who would be any sort of accomplice, but my recollection of JM (which is echoed by other friends) was that he always needed someone in his life to guide him and give him meaning. Now, it's possible that it's when he DIDN'T have those strong role models in his life that he regressed into a violent criminal, so I'm not suggesting he definitely had an accomplice. I just wouldn't rule it out, is all.

While I know OF his ex-girfriend and know that she definitely exists, she and I do not know each other personally, so I will have to refrain from answering those questions.

More than willing to answer other questions you might have, but bear in mind that I will do so with an eye towards the facts -- and not conjecture.

I have been wondering how hard it is for perp's who commit these acts to keep what they have done to themselves. Do they reveal anything to others prior to being caught? Anyone with information about such behaviors, please post. I have been wondering if JM said anything to anyone, even cryptic remarks, about these cases which might help investigators. Do they often confess to cell mates or are they close lipped all the way through? Thanks in advance.

I have been wondering how hard it is for perp's who commit these acts to keep what they have done to themselves. Do they reveal anything to others prior to being caught? Anyone with information about such behaviors, please post. I have been wondering if JM said anything to anyone, even cryptic remarks, about these cases which might help investigators. Do they often confess to cell mates or are they close lipped all the way through? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure he believes that he did anything wrong. He just knows he has to hide what he's doing, because it is wrong in society's eyes. My experience with a psychopath taught me that they don't care what they did. It's all a means to satisfy their wants and needs. Others are just objects, tools, or property. They learn that they have to mirror other's behavior to fit into society, but it's just a facade.

I have no doubt that he fits the FBI's profile that they did regarding MH's murder. Especially regarding the behavior analysis. I'm not an expert at all, but IMO he returns to an area he knows well, is comfortable with, in times of stress, and it may even have some meaning to him.

I have no doubt that he fits the FBI's profile that they did regarding MH's murder. Especially regarding the behavior analysis. I'm not an expert at all, but IMO he returns to an area he knows well, is comfortable with, in times of stress, and it may even have some meaning to him.

That FBI profile is impressive in it's accuracy. I think it almost describes him in perfect detail. And there he was, the entire time, just like they said he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member