Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the trailer, what a nutter!
Probably the defendant's hero. :facepalm:

Tabloid (2010)
A documentary on a former Miss Wyoming who is charged with abducting and imprisoning a young Mormon Missionary.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1704619/

I've been waiting for someone to bring that up! I guess great "tigers" do think alike;) I watched that documentary on Showtime and it was unbelievable. I can't believe that woman went free. It really is worth checking out.

I posted this earlier. Most of the shower pics (JA's and LE's ) do not include the shower head. If you look at this picture, you can see a shower caddy with items on it.

http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/user/tabularasa6/media/ja17_zpsee8b5971.jpg.html?sort=3&o=234

moo

ETA - You can see it in this picture as well:

http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/user/tabularasa6/media/ja19_zps99c87201.jpg.html?sort=3&o=232

No, I'm sorry. I mean soap suds. Proof that he was actually in that shower to clean himself off. I don't see him doing things people do in a shower. He's not using soap. There are no soap suds on his body.

Does anyone see soap suds on his body as if he is actually USING shampoo or soap in these pictures? It looks like he was in the shower for about 8 minutes. No soap suds in sight.

I wonder if she is receiving treatment in jail for her so-called PTSD?? In the form of therapy or medication?

Some types of medication used to treat mental disorders especially those conditions that are related to anxiety can sometimes create a sort of numbing effect on people. I don't want JA to not be numbed up and therefore having an easier time in jail.

I mean no disrespect for those who need medication to treat a real disorder - I have experience with this in my family.

MOO
From her own testimony, the answer would be "no". And if she were receiving treatment, wouldn't her defense have tried to use this to their advantage?

What time does court start tomorrow? Is the evidentiary hearing going to be televised? And can you please tell in eastern standard time... I'm more than a little daylight savings time ( and the state of AZ not participating ) challenged!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that you're more than a little challenged... Tomorrow is SUNDAY, lol!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
(Hopefully laughing with you, definitely not laughing at you!)

I believe there was a checkpoint prior to the Bypass, which opened in Feb, 2011 iIrc, which does not have a checkpoint (guess it's far enough from the dam itself that the extra security isn't required?). At least that's what I recall - people were elated about not having the hassle.
IMO, Arias would have known of this checkpoint in 2007-08, even though of it she claims no knowledge. To drive from Mesa to Las Vegas, she would have gone through the checkpoint. PPL conferences were held in Las Vegas and I'd bet she traveled that route more than one time in her attempt with Travis to see the important Mormon sites.

What time does court start tomorrow? Is the evidentiary hearing going to be televised? And can you please tell in eastern standard time... I'm more than a little daylight savings time ( and the state of AZ not participating ) challenged!

Did I lose a day? Isn't tomorrow Sunday?

One final question before bed...
Can sociopaths even experience PTSD?..?
Doesn't that imply that they would have been able to experience stress in the first place?
I thought for the most part they mimic emotions, lack empathy and are generally "acting" on a day to day basis...
I would think that a sociopath such as JA would only stress when caught out in her lies...and this would have nothing to do with her ability to remember the crime itself....her stress would be only about the impacts on herself (ie. the creepy need to acquire her makeup)
Wouldn't a supposedly renowned psychologist such as Samuels recognize this...I mean, for the most part, we as lay people and ordinary citizens can recognize this....to me it is more than troubling that he can't (or won't).....
You have to question why....

My theory on the license plates is she took the front off and I'm not sure if she took the back off and when she replaced it, erroneously placed it upside down. Or if she put it upside down so as not to be detected on stationary video cameras placed around Mesa.

She rented a car, died her hair, had gas cans so no need to fuel up in Arizona, turned off her cell phone, used the Utah trip as her alibi.

When she was being questioned by Det Flores, she specifically said something to the effect, not exact quote, 'You can look at all the surveillance videos and you won't see my license plate anywhere or me in a car.'

That's why I think she did the license plates purposely.

JMHO
fran
She didn't have her car. It was a Budget rental remember? So where she parked is of great interest to me. It seems like an upper class community so I hope they asked neighbors if they captured anything in their surveillance cameras which I'm sure.- there were plenty.
Yep, IMO she fully believed she had the issues of being seen in the area covered..

IMO as Fran says she removed plates AND likely backed in therefor she had no issue of the car being in any way seen as any connection to Jodi if seen by neighbors or passers-by.. TBH with the plate removed from the front and the car backed in the car would not even be at all memorable.. No outta state plates to notice and she made certain to have a basic, standard sedan with no memorable qualities including color<ie. Specifically traded the red car for the white Ford Focus>..

With the car seemingly covered she had the drastic change of hair color to make certain if by chance spotted they'd not at first glance recognize or realize it was the platinum blonde, Jodi..

Going back to the Flores interrogation from day of arrest he throws her the curveball that a neighbor of Travis had seen her<moo is this was just a bluff by Flores>, but Jodi immediately points to the haircolor and how the neighbors only knew or recognized Jodi as the platinum blond, so clearly if they indicated that they'd seen a brunette that it was NOT Jodi.. I mean she really really believed that these exact type of premeditated details were genius on her part and IMO truly thought that she'd done a bang up job of pulling of this premeditated murder and that her preparations were sufficient for throwing off or negating any of the evidence..

SHE IMO TRULY BELIEVES THAT SO, TOO HAS SHE SNOWED THIS JURY IN DOING A SUFFICIENT JOB OF HAVING THE PERFECT, EASILY FLOWING ANSWER FOR EACH AND EVERY QUESTION THAT THEY THROW HER WAY..

MOO is that Jodi is going to find that once again she thought wrong and is going to be more than sorely mistaken in believing she's snowed the jury..jmo.

Yes, that's right. But I wonder if there were any photos taken of what she had piled in the car, etc., or - when the gun was finally located, a photo of that.

I just want to see the photos, that's all. :) If they exist.
I'm curious to know more about the 9mm..especially in knowing that she had IMO gone to such great lengths to hide this 9mm in the rental car..so much so that it wasn't even initially found, but rather overlooked and missed..

So, why then just totally "out" herself in her inappropriate question about Flores gun..after returning to the interrogation room with all the pics that Jodi was dying to see..she slips in the odd question of "oh hey, what type of gun is that?"..he's like, huh??..IMO taken aback and not believing that she'd actually just asked that question..she again asks him and he answers that its a Glock.. and then excidedly as if anxious to impress she says "yea, I just bought me a gun just like it..a 9mm.."

IMO another yet stunningly awkwardly inappropriate comment made by Jodi.. so, why did she "out" herself regarding her gun after actually having done a quite good job of having successfully hidden that gun...???..weird, IMO.. she actually follows up her comment with, "yea, I bet they've already got my gun now".. I'm assuming she assumed that since Flores had earlier informed her that at the time of her interrogation that LE were already serving the warrant and searching her home, belongings, etc..

Idk..just another oddity of many by this creature..
I've been confused all along about the assumption that they had sex. I still find those pictures very odd and disjointed. Especially the two of TA, the fact that the bed is made, etc...

I've searched everywhere for the first 15 minutes too and have not been able to find it.

Strange indeed.
You know this just made me realize that something is off regarding this issue...Travis in those after sex pics where he's giving the two finger salute and you can see the oversized bottle KY on the bed..the bed is in fact made..IMO there's never been any question as to this pic being clearly taken post-coitus.. and even according to Jodi there was no further sex romps on or in his bed<ie.2nd romp in his office>.. so, why then in the crime scene photos of Travis' bedroom is his bed completely unmade obviously in the state of having been slept in, romped around in, etc..yet after their sex romp in the bed its clearly a fully made up bed in the photos of post-coitus Travis..?????

This does have me scratching my head a bit on that obvious inconsistency..:waitasec: its likely to be meaningless but it does have me scratching my head in wonder..???

I'm catching up on some of the other threads (dedicated katiecoolady and court observer's) and I notice on the trial watcher's thread someone said that next Thursday the court is "dark" because the "last witness is not available." Does that mean the last defense witness? Will we have only the DV expert testify and then be done with defense case in chief?

ETA: Wait, that can't be right. There must be two more witnesses, right? Somebody next week, and then the last witness who is not available. But some are saying the DV expert is the only remaining witness. (can't find the scratching-my-head smilie)

Could it be
MM?

****In Case Anyone Here is Interested in Giving Super Juan Kudo's******

On his fan page, on facebook, the admin is printing out words of support for him and giving it to him on court Monday. It's already 67 pages long, but if you'd like to get your comments in, here's the link. Sorry, I hope this is the place to post this. I generally post on the court observers thread. Justice for Travis!

http://www.facebook.com/ProsecutorJuanMartinezFanClub

****In Case Anyone Here is Interested in Giving Super Juan Kudo's******

On his fan page, on facebook, the admin is printing out words of support for him and giving it to him on court Monday. It's already 67 pages long, but if you'd like to get your comments in, here's the link. Sorry, I hope this is the place to post this. I generally post on the court observers thread. Justice for Travis!

http://www.facebook.com/ProsecutorJuanMartinezFanClub

Sorry, just scroll down a little, it's on your left. You shouldn't have any trouble finding it.

I'm always hesitant to mention times because I'm quite challenged in this area as well!!

On Monday, court is scheduled to start at 10:15 AZ time, which would be 1:15 EDT on the East Coast. I believe the first order of business is the hearing that got cancelled on Friday (about the "expert"). I think the jury is sheduled to come in after lunch.

It's not tomorrow it's Monday at 10:15 am AZ PST time (1:15pm EST)

It's not tomorrow it's Monday at 10:15 am AZ PST time (1:15pm EST)

Oh thank you! Geeesh... I'm more screwed up than I thought. I've been thinking it was Sunday all day! .... Blushing....

The link doesn't work...

I've been watching her for a while no and posted on the last thread about her sneakily taking something out of her orange file...

I'm sure she does lots of sneaky things.

moo

Hmm..the link works for me.

One final question before bed...
Can sociopaths even experience PTSD?..?
Doesn't that imply that they would have been able to experience stress in the first place?
I thought for the most part they mimic emotions, lack empathy and are generally "acting" on a day to day basis...
I would think that a sociopath such as JA would only stress when caught out in her lies...and this would have nothing to do with her ability to remember the crime itself....her stress would be only about the impacts on herself (ie. the creepy need to acquire her makeup)
Wouldn't a supposedly renowned psychologist such as Samuels recognize this...I mean, for the most part, we as lay people and ordinary citizens can recognize this....to me it is more than troubling that he can't (or won't).....
You have to question why....

I thought the exact same thing. I mean, look at that weird video with the headstand in the interrogation room. She's about to get arrested! But her main concern is not wearing makeup for her mugshot.

I do think she's somewhat stressed during the trial, but nothing to cause PTSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234