Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not live in Travis Alexander's house. I have a stand up shower - even though it is larger than Travis Alexander's, and, the stand up shower is in a bathroom that does not resemble Travis Alexander's in any way - I have experienced "butterflies" when seeing that stand up shower (it was purchased new for this house in 2005 - so it is not as though my mind could be thinking 'did anything ever happen in this shower?')

As strange as this will more than likely sound, if I did live in Travis Alexander's house, I would feel obligated to verbally express to Travis to be at peace, he should not have been murdered - plus, I'm sure that I would be convinced that any 'bumps' in the night would be Travis Alexander (restless trying to communicate a message).

Finally, Arias frightens me so much - that I would not want to live in a house that she was ever in. I would feel as though I was breathing in "Arias Argon Atoms."

It is strange, I know - however, Arias scares me. I am confident that she is locked away - and hopefully this will remain true.

I am happy that someone can enjoy the house that Travis Alexander lived in - it just could not be me.

I doesn't sound strange at all. I've said several times that I've watched and read about many cases, some really horrible ("Helter Skelter" Manson Murders), but NOTHING has unnerved me like this. We DON'T have a shower like TA, and I still get nervous now.

She is quite literally the stuff of nightmares.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, no, I know - :) I was talking about any/all other times someone came to watch Napoleon - had Travis *ever* asked any of them to put up the gate... it seems as though Travis didn't like the gate, so I'm not sure why he even had it.

I was just looking for any prior pattern - expecting there isn't one.

Perhaps Travis used the gate when he was cleaning house, to block of areas he was cleaning so they could dry, etc. without pug prints. :)

From what I understand the dog is old. So he can't hear or see well. So what's with the gate. Except when no one is home to keep him from going potty all over the house and leaving it to one area.

She has not shown a thread of remorse in any of her 18 days of testimony. She fake cried a bit and did one or two hair curtains - ok....But remorse, sadness, disbelief about her "unfortunate" situation as a "battered" woman? Nothing.

Mimi Hall's testimony when she said she described entering the garage to see TA's car and bike (and broke down a bit) was more real than anything I've heard or seen from JA in 18 days on the stand!

moo

When Arias gets convicted, I really hope the Arias family has the courage and decency to sincerely express their sorrow and condolences for what one of their own did to Travis. I don't expect that kind of action during the trial, but once it's over show a little class.

Any sociopath I have any knowledge of, has dark, beady almost black eyes. Perfect example is Charles Manson. I wonder if this has something to do with their mental state.
The windows to the soul...

I think it has something to do with emotional depth, maybe. My ex has the same color eyes as our son. My son has lovely, expressive, 'impish' eyes while my ex has the ability to glare to make someone's blood literally run cold.

They're not black or beady - but there's an inherent calculating behind them all the time that gives people chills. A predatory expression...like he's always watching for other's weaknesses. JMO
-------------
Off topic from this post: I'm headed to bed, so goodnight everybody! I've posted this once before but found it again tonight. It really is one of the best articles on female psychopathy I've ever read.

http://www.all-about-forensic-psychology.com/support-files/female-psychopathic-killers.pdf

If the judge allowed Jodi's lies in then she should let some of Travis's witnesses in. What would be the reason for Mimi to lie? None of Travis's friends liked Jodi, and not just the girls, and that to me sends a very strong statement.
Oh, I don't think she lied. It's just unfortunate their wasn't a witness to the events that could have testified.

Welcome..... great post. The #3 one with words BBM, I don't recall Jodi saying she was repeatedly "raped" anally, or any other orifice.

She doesn't outright call it rape. She refers to being "spun around" like it's against her will...Like someone that is being abused but that she doesn't realize that she is being abused. This is the main point of her abuse defence; she supposedly still doesn't understand that what happened to her was abuse.

Hogwash.

She stabbed him 29 times and slit his throat from ear to ear.

She's full of chite and still weaving yarn.

moo

Good evening to all the fine ladies and gents seeking justice for all victims of crime and the voiceless :)

I had a question about the records from Walmart re: the gas can. Has JM submitted an exhibit regarding these records or is this something that will come in on rebuttal, as a final 'death knell' to Jodi's case?

I have finally figured it out!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hereby proclaim the exact proof of how the defendant, successfully catapulted herself from the confines of the floor, and with one, brisk, single, successful move, was able to obtain the hidden revolver, hidden discreetly at the top corner of the shelf.

YouTube video link here provides my theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzUjdChqEQ

Thank you, LurkerNoMore.... awesome post.

Too bad people cannot testify how many times Jodi showed unwelcome and invited in Travis' house. Jodi has spun that web that Travis always welcomed her with open arms, using guilt to get her to come, ahem. Believe the opposite. Like Travis said, when a women sneaks in and crawls in your bed at night and does you know, hard to say no. I don't believe a word out of Arias' mouth anymore.

Welcome!! And what an awesome first post! This really made me think, and maybe you're right about the shooting, I had never even considered that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's important because did the bullet kill him? I heard a doctor/expert giving his version and he said he thought the bullet seemed like an afterthought. He would have survived the back stabbings, but not the one to the chest or of course the throat.

I hate neurology but there have been lots of studies done to show that a psychopath's brain works very differently than that of a normal person. Including the areas responsible for assessing risk and social anxieties that keep many 'normal' people in check.

The 'whys' still aren't fully understood but here's one recent article you may find interesting.

Why Psychopaths Take Dumb Risks?

this makes sense to me lay person that i am. ja travels alone extreme distances in middle of night when most women will not do this. sleep in a parked cars and moving truck. drives down the road with gas sloshing in containers inside the trunk, describes ja's behavior :moo:

What this says to me is this man doesn't curse when provoked... Here he is, mad, And no cursing... Amazing.. He was not violent. He is not threatening to kill her, He is threatening to expose her... Another motive for murder.

Jodi knew she would be branded a liar, a leech, and a *advertiser censored* to all his friends and PPL. No good Mormon man would want her as a wife. She had to many miles on her for being a new bride and was to far into kinky, and it seems that the only man in PPL sniffing round like a dog was Gus Scercy, and he'd be showing her off to everyone. Her past wouldn't really matter to him. He'd wear her like a prize brooch or ring..something to shove in everyone's face.

I'm watching NG Mysteries (again) and even when nurmi objects, he acts and sounds like a slug.

Thank you, LurkerNoMore.... awesome post.

Too bad people cannot testify how many times Jodi showed unwelcome and invited in Travis' house. Jodi has spun that web that Travis always welcomed her with open arms, using guilt to get her to come, ahem. Believe the opposite. Like Travis said, when a women sneaks in and crawls in your bed at night and does you know, hard to say no. I don't believe a word out of Arias' mouth anymore.

I also don't think they had near as much sex as Jodi claims.

From what I understand the dog is old. So he can't hear or see well. So what's with the gate. Except when no one is home to keep him from going potty all over the house and leaving it to one area.

He's old now, but remember this crime took place 5 years ago. (A long time in dog years.)

Good evening to all the fine ladies and gents seeking justice for all victims of crime and the voiceless :)

I had a question about the records from Walmart re: the gas can. Has JM submitted an exhibit regarding these records or is this something that will come in on rebuttal, as a final 'death knell' to Jodi's case?
He'll have to wait for the rebuttal since his cross of Arias is over. But I can guarantee a great "gotcha moment" when we hear it. It will be music to my ears.

Hi everyone!

I had been lurking here quite a bit during the CA trial, and came back again for this trial. I have finally decided to come out of the shadows and post a few thoughts. Apologies ahead of time if I repeat anyone else's opinions (it is Impossible to go through all the posts.)

:twocents:
1. Motive - the may 26 text from Travis unmasking Jodi as a sociopath. A sociopath, psychopath, or narcissist unmasked is probably one of the most enraged, dangerous people that exist. The fact that Travis threatened to unmask her to other people in their circle added fuel to an already raging fire.

2. Shot first or last - I don't understand why it has to be either or. Stabbing someone apparently takes a lot of energy. Isn't it possible that she started stabbing, got tired and shot him to subdue him enough so she could finish what she started? I truly believe that she would have preferred stabbing to inflict the most psychological torture, that she wanted Travis to know what was happening and why. That's why, when I see people question why she just didn't shoot him and leave, I always think "it wasn't just about wanting him dead, she wanted him to suffer."

3. Abuse allegations - a lot of the supposed abuse involved being anally raped repeatedly and treated like a sex slave. I am not a psychologist but I find it odd that, with those types of allegations, Travis's genitals were not injured during the murder.

4. Shower photos - I believe he was being held at gunpoint, knife-point, or both. The photos look to me like he was being told exactly how to pose, and I think she was using these shots to get up the nerve, and also to get him into the most convenient position for her to do what she came for.

5. Self-defense - You just have to look at his injuries vs hers. It just boggles my mind that self-defense can even be put forward as a logical defense!!

6. Sex tape - I will admit that I haven't listened to the whole thing. It just feels so invasive. I believe that Travis was somewhat sexually naive when he met Jodi, and she opened up a whole new world for him. He became intoxicated and probably a bit addicted to the whole experience, but in my mind there is no doubt the she was the experienced aggressor. Travis probably spent a lot of time trying to keep up with her in regards to fantasies. The little bit of the sex tape I heard sounded very clumsy and juvenile on his part. I am a woman, and I think most women would not find that conversation in the least sexy. Jodi, however, loves it and encourages this type of talk.

7. Travis's inability to just cut all ties with her - sex of course, but there is more. I have a relative who is a narcissist and when you deal with one for any length of time you become almost a co-dependent narcissist. What happens is you start questioning their motives or what the next move will be, and they usually aren't good. After awhile you start thinking "what kind of person am I to think that about someone, I am worse than they are!" . Then the times when they do something sweet the guilt really kicks into overdrive and you feel awful. Then you are vulnerable and want to give them the benefit of the doubt and allow them to get close again. I am sure it is the same cycle with a sociopath. I am a little tired so I probably didn't explain it too well.

Well,, that's a few of my thoughts. Sorry again if I have repeated any already stated opinions.

LurkerNoMore

Nice post. I don't agree with everything you wrote, but I thought #3 was a particularly astute observation. :rocker:

Have we heard back yet from KatieCool about her visit with Travis' sister(s) today?

I thought it was that she removed both plates before entering Travis' vicinity. That would make it harder for anybody to tell the police where the white car came from. Then I assumed she put one back on, accidentally upside down, and couldn't find the screws for the other.

I personally think it's insane to drive on any major road with no plate at all and expect NOT to be pulled over.

Of course you would expect to be pulled over.

Many years ago I had my (back only) license plate stolen. I got a piece of paper to keep in my wallet until my new plate arrived. I drove past the police station every day, but I was never stopped. A month later - and one day before my new license arrived - I was stopped for no license plate.

All this time the cops had my license plate, as the thief had wrecked shortly after stealing the plate. They ran the plate, found it wasn't his, and set it aside, never notified me.

Cops are not as alert as one would hope for. Alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member