Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by LadyEdith
But what I am wondering is where did the case of costco water come from? She mentions no costco stops or bringing it along. It only "appears" when she has to come up with a story of "coming to" with blood on her hands. It smells like a big stinky lie to me and one that might be easy to prove.

there is a costco basically next door to wal-mart in salinas but who knows.
there was no receipt that they have found but whos to say she didn't throw it away,for what reason who knows

:seeya:

BBM: This makes sense to me for a couple of reasons :

1. The rental car guy who testified said there were "stains" that looked like "Kool-Aid" stains -- which no doubt, was blood stains ... and the floor mats were missing from the rental car ! I mean, who doesn't turn in the floor mats from a rental car -- don't they charge you for that ? Yep ... those mats had traces of blood on them, IMO ...

From looking at the crime scene photos, there was blood everywhere -- and JA is NOT as "smart" as she thinks she is -- so she probably had one helluva time getting cleaned up in Travis' bathroom ...

JMO, but I think she had blood on her when she left Travis' home ...

2. Wasn't she late getting to Burns' home -- and didn't she tell Burns she got lost -- I know, that would be from Arizona to Utah ...

Nah ... I think it's possible she stopped at some motel -- maybe one of those pay by-the-hour places ... :waitasec: do they still have them anymore ?

Anyway ... JMO ...

Just checking in for any updates ... and will check back later ...

Have a nice evening everyone !

:seeya:
A truck stop would provide a shower.

But what I am wondering is where did the case of costco water come from? She mentions no costco stops or bringing it along. It only "appears" when she has to come up with a story of "coming to" with blood on her hands. It smells like a big stinky lie to me and one that might be easy to prove.

If she's talking, she's lying, IMO.

But she did live in Palm Desert, down the road apiece from here. Lots of us get into the habit of keeping a case of water in the car at all times. Yes, it gets warm. But if your car breaks down in the desert, even warm water can save your life!

Your right I almost said 2 and didn't she say Travis helped her with it?

Oh yes, and Travis helped her in with the luggage too! I guess she was just trying to say that she wasn't worried about him going out to her car to get her stuff b/c she had nothing to hide (in the car or in the luggage). But than at another time I heard her say she usually brought in her own luggage. Which is it maam?

Lol...HLN must be getting mad ratings if Fox is trying to get in on it now.

They are. I read that on Wednesday night, the first episode of HLN After Dark was the highest rated show on cable news by a wide margin.

By that point he would be completely exsanguinated.

There are no visible stains on the shower walls while he is still in the shower.
I believe those stains are when he is removed and in the area where he had been for 5 days. :(

I am pretty sure I remember a crime scene analyst (maybe the blood stain gal) testifying that the shower walls were stain free when they found the body and that they did not test them with luminal. Could the stains in the photo be from finger print powder or something done at a later date?

I know we don't know whether or not Travis and Jodi had sex on the day he was killed. IF (BIG if because we don't know for sure) they had sex, I understand. I know Travis had already gone through so much with Jodi and that she put him through hell and back, but sometimes with an ex it is hard to not have sex for "one last time." I know I have been guilty of this in the past (TMI!). Even though I knew my ex wasn't right for me and didn't even LIKE him at that point, I still had the whole one last time thing with him. I don't know why, sometimes it's just hard to let go with an ex, even when you don't like them. Or he may just have been scared and was complying with what she wanted. I don't think Travis was some sex-crazed guy, I think he was just inexperienced and was confused about his emotions.

They are. I read that on Wednesday night, the first episode of HLN After Dark was the highest rated show on cable news by a wide margin.

Lol it won't be Monday with Baez on there! Ryan smith even said they have gotten slack over Baez being allowed to be on their show. I'm not watching.

I am pretty sure I remember a crime scene analyst (maybe the blood stain gal) testifying that the shower walls were stain free when they found the body and that they did not test them with luminal. Could the stains in the photo be from finger print powder or something done at a later date?

Hmm, I will have to go back and find the pic.

Hi Quester, I've tried that link before and every thing loads except the pics!! Are they time stamped? For instance, are all of the Arias ones taken first, then all of the Travis ones?

So you think she took all the pics? Do you believe Travis was aware? Because his eyes are open in those - I don't see how he couldn't know.
I'm on the fence about weather they had sex that day BTW.

Hi JJ :wave:

JA nude photo #3 reclining, full body, front, on comforter, ?on floor? - not time stamped

TA nude photo #5 on bed, ?sleeping?, KY in view - time stamped 6/4/08 01:44:50 PM

TA nude photo #7 on bed, awake, 2 fingers up - 6/4/08 1:47:15 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/jodi-arias-crime-scene-photos_n_2412031.html?#slide=1985281

I don't remember where, but I believe it has been stated that JA's nude photos were taken first, followed by TA's nude photos.

Yes, I think it's possible JA took all the photos, however there's some talk that a couple of them could be in the act photos, which AFAIK we haven't been told when in the time series they were taken.

I think JA may have set up the area and camera for timer shots; spread out the comforter on the floor between the armoire and windows, far side of the bed; set camera on shelf in armoire; took a few nudes of herself to test; marked the spot with something so she could replace the camera in the same spot; took the nudes of TA waking him up in the process; perhaps action shots were taken some time thereafter. JMO

Well it took several hours to watch her trial testimony to get the correct date he made that threat, but that text was actually APRIL 6th. (JA explains how the time on those is 7 hours off and while it is shown as April 7, she says it is April 6). You can see it beginning around the 37-minute mark of Day 19 the trial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJH1jL9LQtI

There is no doubt TA went back and forth with her, sometimes being the initiator. If you listen to the entire 1 hour 10 minute phone conversation between TA and JA played in court on Day 17, you'll hear how much it was TA himself who brings up certain matters, not JA baiting him, as I previously believed.

Just 16 days after the text message where TA chews her out and threatens to expose her, they have the phone conversation that runs from the 4:12 mark to the 1 hr. 8 minute mark in the video below, from Day 17 of the trial. He talks about coming to visit her before he goes to Cancun, talks about all the other things he may do while he's in northern California, but tells her, "You are at the top of the list."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOq8qp_HB_Q

Thanks for pointing out the date discrepancy. You are right, he does participate fully in the conversation.

Is there a date (you know of) where he cancels his trip to Yreka or tells her it's off?

For one thing, she was never with TA any other time when she was brunette. He had only seen her as a blonde.

Second, the timestamps in the photos make that impossible. There was only 50 seconds between the time in the JA rear closeup pic and the pic of TA lying down in bed. And in the earlier, full-length photos of JA, TA is not in bed! So obviously he took the photos of her.

Third, if she'd snapped the photos from his computer screen, the experts could easily tell that.

Yes, I know it's hard to believe a guy would have sex with a woman he was so angry at. But he was angry with her many times before (e.g. when she slashed his tires--twice, when she would hide in his closet, when he would snoop on him as he was out with another woman) and still let her back in his life. None of the guys here have any doubts, only some of the women.
MOO
From what I've understood, not all of the "naughty" pics had timestamps. Do you know which ones did and which ones didn't. Besides that, what kind of play is involved in a shot of her backside and then 50 seconds later he looks like he's just woken up? What on earth could be happening? These pictures just don't make sense. Even if one assumes that they had sex. What can one narrate?

moo

Not only does it matter, but I think it's key for developing motive. Consider how quickly she kills Travis after he threatens to EXPOSE her (don't we wish we knew for what!). I am not saying that was her only motive, but not even a week goes by after he sends that text that he ends up dead.

Well it took several hours to watch her trial testimony to get the correct date he made that threat, but that text was actually APRIL 6th. (JA explains how the time on those is 7 hours off and while it is shown as April 7, she says it is April 6). You can see it beginning around the 37-minute mark of Day 19 the trial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJH1jL9LQtI

There is no doubt TA went back and forth with her, sometimes being the initiator. If you listen to the entire 1 hour 10 minute phone conversation between TA and JA played in court on Day 17, you'll hear how much it was TA himself who brings up certain matters, not JA baiting him, as I previously believed. He raves about her beauty, says he has never seen her not look good, and volunteers that he raped her when she didn't really want it at the time. Listen to the whole thing and you'll get a better understanding of their relationship and why he had such a hard time breaking away from her, even though she drove him nuts.

Just 16 days after the text message where TA chews her out and threatens to expose her, they have the phone conversation that runs from the 4:12 mark to the 1 hr. 8 minute mark in the video below, from Day 17 of the trial. He talks about coming to visit her before he goes to Cancun, talks about all the other things he may do while he's in northern California, but tells her, "You are at the top of the list."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOq8qp_HB_Q

We keep talking about the time on the Starbucks receipt but there is never a link to be able to see it. Does someone have a link to the Starbucks receipt?

I posted a link to the receipts up thread but I'll post it again and a photos of the Starbucks receipt.

She had a long drive ahead of her, looks like she "planned" ahead and got an extra snack to eat while driving in AZ.

Photos of the receipts entered into evidence on day 5 through Special Agent Nathan Mendes.
http://s1303.beta.photobucket.com/u...Arias Trial Day 5 Receipts Recovered?page=1

Post from the receipts thread, where each receipt is listed as well.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8857311&postcount=26

There is only one Starbucks receipt that was recovered, it was not after the gas can purchase at Wal-Mart, but later in the evening after a CVS purchase and before gas purchase at Arco.

States Exhibit #237.008, WalMart 6/03/08 15:22:09, Facial Clnsr 3.97 x 2, Neuus85bns (?) 9.92 x 2, 5G Kero Carb 12.96, Total $43.90 Cash $45.00 Change $1.10

States Exhibit #237.009, CVS Pasadena CA, 6/03/08 8:31pm, Health Care Eligible $6.37

States Exhibit #237.010, Starbucks Pasadena CA, 6/03/08 20:41, CCake Stawb & Crm 1.95, Sand Egg Salad 5.95, Scone Vanil Petit 0.75, TL Syrp Crmfr 2.90, Total $10.85, MC 2015

States Exhibit #237.011, ARCO Pasadena CA, 6/03/08 08:42pm, Fuel 8.301 @ 4.169 gal, Unlead 87 $34.61, Trans fee $0.45, Total $35.06, Debit Acct # 2015

States Exhibit #237.012, ARCO Pasadena CA, 6/3/08, 20:46:50, Fuel 9.594 @ 4.169 gal $40.00, Initial Pmt $40.00, PrePay Dep $40.00

States Exhibit #237.013, Duplicate ARCO Pasadena CA, Fuel 2.774 @4.169 gal $11.56, PrePay Deposit $20.00, Change $8.44
(Juan kinda brushed over this receipt during Special Agent Mendes' testimony)

Photos can be found here:
http://s1303.beta.photobucket.com/user/WSTigerBalm/library/Jodi%20Arias%20Trial%20%20Day%205%20%20Receipts%20Recovered?page=1

I have posted all the receipt information from Special Agent Mendes' testimony, in the receipts and monetary transactions.

Here is the link to the post.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8857311&postcount=26

Thanks for posting these Tiger!

BB: Panther, I've spent a couple of hours now trying to figure out what "dan" is and how one leaves it behind. Yeah, I finally got it: dna. Easy typo to make, but I want to thank you for the entertainment it brought me. LOL. (In case it's not clear, the joke here is on me. I'm sure everyone else figured it out at once.)

No. I read it and thought they were saying dander. DNA, over the head. lol

Yes I wonder that too! I also wonder why they can't bring home taped testimony to listen to later at night. I know I hear things the second time around that I missed the first time. All they have to rely on are their notes? What if they're bad note takers..

I know it is widely reported that jurors take their oath very seriously and tend to respect the admonitions of the court. But .... I dunno .... if it was me .... I am not sure if I could contain myself. I think I might have to take a peek here and there. So obviously ... I would not be a good juror.

It would drive me crazy if I couldn`t talk to someone about ALL OF THIS for 3 or 4 months. I know they will finally get the opportunity to deliberate. But, oh my goodness .... what do you DO with all of the information and thoughts that are running through your brain. Takes a lot of restraint and self-control. I just don`t know if I could do it (sigh, shrug)

I don't think it's been established seeing they'd have to rely on Jodi to explain it. But dissecting the note from a third party----it appears Jodi was making up lies and claiming someone had some 'non-flattering' information about him. And it seems he was demanding to know who this was although it also appears he sees right through her by this point. He knows she lies.

Fast-forward: I don't believe he and Jodi had sex on June 6th. I don't care HOW horny you make this 30-year old, I just don't believe he would've done that with her.
I think she caught him totally by surprise (around noon) that day. Came unannounced, uninvited and somehow, for some reason, staged those 'bed scene' photos.

Because we all know that in between the litany of lies, she expels the truth some times.
I recall when she was being interviewed by Flores, she was saying things like "are you sure that was me in the photos" and....."they could've been from another time". Something along those lines.

I don't know. I don't have all the answers (nor theories) down packed but I know what my intuition naturally rejects and Travis having sex with this '3 hole wonder' is one of them because it's highly unlikely.

Thank you so much, Dawnn. As for Travis having sex with a woman he despised, as a dude myself I have to admit than when I was single I might have done the same. (Well, I'm gay so change the gender.)

We guys are basically animals, truth to tell.

Exactly. I also believe that water is non-existent and only served her purpose while testifying to cleaning up when she came out of her "fog".

Lol like the jury is going to believe that jodi is weaving in and out of the fog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3